Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

North Central: ND, SD, NE, IA, CO, KS, MO

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Howdy all! New to the forums so figured I would introduce myself!

1.How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing golf for as long as I can remember. I think my first round was around when I was 5-6 years old (and I’m 26 now). Currently, I’m sitting at a 2.5 handicap, but at my best during college I was a +3.

2. What do you love about golf?

I love the challenge that the game brings, and the ability to think through whatever new problems arise during a round.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I have been a reader of many forum posts in the past, mainly club reviews. I finally decided I would come and join the community. If there’s any spies in here that I know, I don’t know where they are!

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Born and raised in South Dakota. My current home course is a 27-holer in Watertown, SD called Cattail Crossing.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The best thing is the weather. The climate is perfect during the summer, and there are rarely any days which aren’t windy! The worst thing is also the weather, as our golf season is quite short in this region!

What do you do for a living?

I am currently a teacher and golf/basketball coach.

How’d you pick your user name?

My nickname on my college team was Jengels (mixture of first and last name). Shortly after, it was shortened down to jengs!

Edited by jengs

WITB: Dr.- Titleist TS3; 3W - Titleist TS2; 19* Hybrid Titleist 816; 4-PW Titleist T100; Vokey SM9 Wedges (52,56,60*); Putter- Taylormade Spider

Welcome to the Forum!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Good morning! I've been on the forums for some time now, but I've never introduced myself here! 

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I've been playing golf for about 9 years now consistently. I've gotten my handicap down to a +2 with an average score between 72 and 73! Non stop grind! 

What do you love about golf?

Golf is incredibly challenging and frustrating. Its the one thing I can still do and be competitive in nature!

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I've been in the Spy world for a few years now, I found it randomly on social media. I've yet to meet any other spies, but have friends that I've hooked up to the forums! 

Washington Missouri and Franklin County Country Club

The WORST thing is easy: Winter/Spring can be very challenging weather and for the course. 

The BEST thing: Fall weather! 

I'm a Math teacher and Golf Coach !

First/Last name combo! 

:callaway-small:Driver: Ai SmokeTriple Diamond

:ping-small: G425 MAX 12* w/ 3 Wood shaft

:srixon-small: Utility 3 Iron

:srixon-small:Irons: Srixon ZX7

:titleist-small:Wedges:  SM10 50* 54* F Grinds and SM9 58* M Grind

:EVNROLL:Putter: Evnroll EV5

:titleist-small: GolfBall: 2023 ProV1

What's up MGS! Chiming in on this thread since I'm not a CO resident and don't have to worry about packing up and moving anymore since I retired from the Navy. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing since 2000, and I'm coming off of over a year off. My current index is 12, but I'm guessing it's going to be messy when I get back out there 🤣. My usual scores before my layoff ranged from 80-90. 

What do you love about golf? The game mirrors life and it's never the same. There's also always something to improve, which makes it a continual challenge. It's an amazing game! 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've been around MGS a few years and have also tested a number of items. I've also been fortunate enough to play a few rounds with MGS members. Best golf community on the interwebz if you ask me!

Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm originally from Northern CA (north of Sacramento) but I moved all over during my career in the Navy. But I'm now a CO resident and I'm not going anywhere. My home course will likely be the Air Force Academy Eisenhower Courses. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: high elevation distance and great summer weather. Worst: legit offseason cause of the snow and hail during summer.

What do you do for a living? I'm a jacked cybersecurity guy 😎

How’d you pick your user name? It's a spinoff of a nickname I picked up early in my Navy career. I added the 'Mr.' to make it more regal!

Edited by mr.hicksta

Clubs, duh 😏

Hi All, I hope to be a meaningful contributor to this site and pick up some friends along the way!  

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Been playing since I was 15 years old so 30 years - good Lord!  My handicap has been sub-10 for a long time but much lower just in the last couple of years.  No idea why! I’m not younger, longer and I don’t practice. 🤷‍♂️

I love being outside in nature.  Being on a golf course feels like a temporary escape from the rest of my life and serves as a major stress reducer!  

I’ve been a lurker for YEARS.  I suspect I know some Spies but don’t know it yet.

Raised in Michigan.  I’ve lived all over the Midwest. Recently moved from Milwaukee, WI to Omaha, NE.  My home course is Lost Rail Golf Club.  

The weather and the weather

ER doctor

JAFERD - Just A Fu*king ER Doctor

Lefty

3-6 HDCP

PXG Gen 5 Driver and 3W - Diamana white board 60S

PXG Gen 4 19* and 22* hybrids - Aldila NV green 80S

Cobra Forged Tech 6-GW - KBS Tour Light S flex

Sub 70 56* and 60* wedges -KBS Tour S flex

SeeMore PLATINUM M5 HT MALLET OFFSET

1 hour ago, JAFERD said:

Hi All, I hope to be a meaningful contributor to this site and pick up some friends along the way!  

Been playing since I was 15 years old so 30 years - good Lord!  My handicap has been sub-10 for a long time but much lower just in the last couple of years.  No idea why! I’m not younger, longer and I don’t practice. 🤷‍♂️

I love being outside in nature.  Being on a golf course feels like a temporary escape from the rest of my life and serves as a major stress reducer!  

I’ve been a lurker for YEARS.  I suspect I know some Spies but don’t know it yet.

Raised in Michigan.  I’ve lived all over the Midwest. Recently moved from Milwaukee, WI to Omaha, NE.  My home course is Lost Rail Golf Club.  

ER doctor

Welcome to the forum @JAFERD. I live in Omaha too. I caddy occasionally at Lost Rail and Arbor Links. Would enjoy getting out for a round together sometime!

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Velocore+ Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Pro X3+

1 hour ago, JAFERD said:

ER doctor

Welcome to the Forum! You will enjoy this group of folks who share a love of the game. Don’t have to be crazy but it can help…

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

hello everyone! Coming to you from Northern Colorado. My name is Steven ( friends call me Steve, Steveo, Stavi) and I’ve been golfing for roughly 3 years. My handicap at the moment is a 16-17.

There are multiple things I love about the game of golf. First thing is the sport itself, it can be played casually one day and can be competitive/serious the next. It’s one of the only sports that I can think of that you can get with a group of friends and play a bunch of different games/formats (scramble, wolf, etc) and do so light heartily and then the following day you decide you’re going to go for your PB and really think about course management. Another love of mine in regards to golf it’s a life long sport that you can always find something to improve on. You can play up until how ever long your body allows you to, 70-80s maybe even 90s. Lastly why I love golf is numbers and data. I’m an engineer so numbers intrigue me! I like seeing my own stats, club path, smash factor, physics and body mechanics allows us to make the golf swing.

What brought me to MyGolfSpy? Now that’s a good question, my simple response is the community and just the reviews. They’re straight to the point and are unbiased.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Well I would say living in Colorado outdoor golf isn’t a year round luxury and I’d say the cost of an overall round of golf. Best thing I would say is the views Colorado has to offer. Some courses you can play on the mountains, others you can find yourself playing surrounded by lakes and river streams loaded with trout.

I’m fortunate enough to have the career that I do, as stated earlier I am a engineer. More specifically I am a software engineer specializing in the non tangible. Now as far as why I chose the username that I did? Simple lol my name with a few favorite numbers.

0AB91CEC-805A-4C56-9123-27741738FB77.jpeg

WITB:

PXG 6th Gen Driver and 3 Wood

Taylormade P790 2 Iron

Taylormade P790 irons 4-P

Taylormade Hi Toe Wedges 50,54,58

EvnRoll Er11v Putter

4 hours ago, Stevenc0211 said:

hello everyone! Coming to you from Northern Colorado. My name is Steven ( friends call me Steve, Steveo, Stavi) and I’ve been golfing for roughly 3 years. My handicap at the moment is a 16-17.

There are multiple things I love about the game of golf. First thing is the sport itself, it can be played casually one day and can be competitive/serious the next. It’s one of the only sports that I can think of that you can get with a group of friends and play a bunch of different games/formats (scramble, wolf, etc) and do so light heartily and then the following day you decide you’re going to go for your PB and really think about course management. Another love of mine in regards to golf it’s a life long sport that you can always find something to improve on. You can play up until how ever long your body allows you to, 70-80s maybe even 90s. Lastly why I love golf is numbers and data. I’m an engineer so numbers intrigue me! I like seeing my own stats, club path, smash factor, physics and body mechanics allows us to make the golf swing.

What brought me to MyGolfSpy? Now that’s a good question, my simple response is the community and just the reviews. They’re straight to the point and are unbiased.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Well I would say living in Colorado outdoor golf isn’t a year round luxury and I’d say the cost of an overall round of golf. Best thing I would say is the views Colorado has to offer. Some courses you can play on the mountains, others you can find yourself playing surrounded by lakes and river streams loaded with trout.

I’m fortunate enough to have the career that I do, as stated earlier I am a engineer. More specifically I am a software engineer specializing in the non tangible. Now as far as why I chose the username that I did? Simple lol my name with a few favorite numbers.

0AB91CEC-805A-4C56-9123-27741738FB77.jpeg

Welcome to the Forum!

On 2/11/2019 at 4:30 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: North Central Region

North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

Hello there y’all hope to have some good talks and helpful information here.

How long have you played golf?

I’ve played golf since I was about 10 so running on almost 17 years now and I’ve loved it ever since. Right now I’m playing on an 9 handicap but desperately trying to get back to where I was a few years ago when I was a 5. 

I love the consistency needed to play golf consistently and well. Being outside and the differences that each course and each day brings just make it the most fun sport I’ve played. 

What brings you to golfspy?

I recently saw this website pop up on a couple of recommended articles on my Google homepage and finally checked it out and instantly wanted to be involved. 

Where are you from?

I am from a small town south of St. Louis but recently moved just outside of the city. I love playing different courses so while I don’t really have a home course I work 2 minutes down the round from a 9 hole municipal course that I play more often than others. 

Best and Worst about golf in STL

Best thing is the courses are gorgeous and diverse. Flat, hilly, links you name it there’s a course for it. Worst thing is most of the courses are private or semi private and finding a good tee time especially on a weekend can be very challenging. Plus winter sucks of course. 

I currently work for a specialty pharmacy in STL. 

How’d you pick your username?

Well I’m a golfer in MO so I didn’t put that much thought into it😂

Jordan Spieth Superfan and PING lover

On 2/11/2019 at 4:30 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: North Central Region

North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing golf for about 18 years now. Didn't take it seriously until about 7 years ago. I carry a 8.9 handicap so I can shoot anywhere from a 75 to a 105. lol

2. What do you love about golf? That the competition is against yourself. I love the journey of getting better by practicing.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I love reading about new tech or what makes the recent tech better than old tech.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Sioux Falls, SD. Willow Run Golf Course

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Worst thing is that there is winter here and we can't golf. There are tons of courses around.

6. What do you do for a living? Sales Director

7. How’d you pick your user name? Love the idea of a great comeback on the back nine of a match.

Driver: TSr3 w/ Autoflex shaft (still testing this out)

3W: TSr3 w/ mitsubishi tensei 1k shaft

3 Iron: Titleist U510 w/ HZRDUS Black Shaft

5-PW: Callaway Apex Pros 21 w/ Nippon Modus 130 Shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9: 50, 54, 48

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7.5 Custom 

Bag: Vessel Lux Kintsugi

Golf Cart: 2022 Evolution D3

Edited by backniner

Trying to improve the golf game 1 stroke at a time.

Titleist TSR3: DR, 3W

Titleist U510 3 iron

Callaway Apex Pro 21: 5-PW

Titleist Vokey SM9: 50, 54, 58

Scotty Cameron Phantom X7.5

Vessel Lux Kintsugi Bag

On 4/24/2024 at 1:57 PM, TheMOgolfer said:

Hello there y’all hope to have some good talks and helpful information here.

How long have you played golf?

I’ve played golf since I was about 10 so running on almost 17 years now and I’ve loved it ever since. Right now I’m playing on an 9 handicap but desperately trying to get back to where I was a few years ago when I was a 5. 

I love the consistency needed to play golf consistently and well. Being outside and the differences that each course and each day brings just make it the most fun sport I’ve played. 

What brings you to golfspy?

I recently saw this website pop up on a couple of recommended articles on my Google homepage and finally checked it out and instantly wanted to be involved. 

Where are you from?

I am from a small town south of St. Louis but recently moved just outside of the city. I love playing different courses so while I don’t really have a home course I work 2 minutes down the round from a 9 hole municipal course that I play more often than others. 

Best and Worst about golf in STL

Best thing is the courses are gorgeous and diverse. Flat, hilly, links you name it there’s a course for it. Worst thing is most of the courses are private or semi private and finding a good tee time especially on a weekend can be very challenging. Plus winter sucks of course. 

I currently work for a specialty pharmacy in STL. 

How’d you pick your username?

Well I’m a golfer in MO so I didn’t put that much thought into it😂

Welcome to the Forum!

4 hours ago, backniner said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing golf for about 18 years now. Didn't take it seriously until about 7 years ago. I carry a 8.9 handicap so I can shoot anywhere from a 75 to a 105. lol

2. What do you love about golf? That the competition is against yourself. I love the journey of getting better by practicing.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I love reading about new tech or what makes the recent tech better than old tech.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Sioux Falls, SD. Willow Run Golf Course

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Worst thing is that there is winter here and we can't golf. There are tons of courses around.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Love the idea of a great comeback on the back nine of a match.

Welcome to the Forum!

I've played golf for about 13 years seriously, I got started on the golf team my sophmore year of high school. I currently am at around a 5-6 handicap and typically hit in the mid to high 70s. 

I love seeing the beauty in the courses and the challenges golf presents. 

I love all of the testing that MyGolfSpy does and the depth they go into all of their content. 

I'm from Independence, MO and my home course is Swope Memorial Golf Course.

Best thing about golf in my region is the vast differences in each golf course and how many there are to choose from. The worst is the winter time and not having the opportunity to get out on the course very often. 

I'm a middle school PE teacher and I coach wrestling and looking for a golf coach position as well. 

WITB:

Stealth Plus driver, Stealth 3 wood, and Stealth 2 5 wood. P790 4 Iron, P7mc 5-PW. HiToe 60, MG2 56 and 52 wedges. Scotty Cameron Phantom x6 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone - looking to get more involved in these discussions and maybe find some new playing partners in Northern Colorado!

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I started casually playing roughly ten years ago after I graduated high school and baseball was no longer a mainstay in my life. However, those early years were more focused on getting out in the sun and drinking with friends. I started taking my game seriously in 2023 with a couple of lessons and a weekly men's league. Last year it took me 4 months to shoot a 46, this year it took me three weeks. My handicap is still low 20s but if I keep the consistency I've found early on this year for the whole season, we're in for a big year.

What do you love about golf? I love the mental challenge. I used to be an angry golfer, but that was mostly because I didn't have any proper physical or mental fundamentals to rely on. Now, every time I step out on the course, I look forward to those bad shots or blowup holes, those rounds where I'm on a career-best pace, just to see how I respond. Such an uplifting feeling to handle that sort of pressure.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I found the Twitter account first and have been following every since. Great content that I can use when I'm ready to upgrade some of my equipment.

Where are you from? What is your home course? From Indianapolis, IN. My family lived on Old Oakland golf course but we never played or joined.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Not much to hate about golfing in Colorado - great weather, great views, and all your clubs go a little further in the altitude. The worst thing about my golf experience so far is that I haven't found the younger golfing crowd up here in NoCo.

What do you do for a living? Biotech project management

How’d you pick your user name? I'm not creative enough to pick something funny

On 4/29/2024 at 3:00 PM, backniner said:

On 4/30/2024 at 7:19 AM, Clint Godfrey said:

I've played golf for about 13 years seriously, I got started on the golf team my sophmore year of high school. I currently am at around a 5-6 handicap and typically hit in the mid to high 70s. 

I love seeing the beauty in the courses and the challenges golf presents. 

I love all of the testing that MyGolfSpy does and the depth they go into all of their content. 

I'm from Independence, MO and my home course is Swope Memorial Golf Course.

Best thing about golf in my region is the vast differences in each golf course and how many there are to choose from. The worst is the winter time and not having the opportunity to get out on the course very often. 

I'm a middle school PE teacher and I coach wrestling and looking for a golf coach position as well. 

6 minutes ago, Grant K said:

Hi everyone - looking to get more involved in these discussions and maybe find some new playing partners in Northern Colorado!

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I started casually playing roughly ten years ago after I graduated high school and baseball was no longer a mainstay in my life. However, those early years were more focused on getting out in the sun and drinking with friends. I started taking my game seriously in 2023 with a couple of lessons and a weekly men's league. Last year it took me 4 months to shoot a 46, this year it took me three weeks. My handicap is still low 20s but if I keep the consistency I've found early on this year for the whole season, we're in for a big year.

What do you love about golf? I love the mental challenge. I used to be an angry golfer, but that was mostly because I didn't have any proper physical or mental fundamentals to rely on. Now, every time I step out on the course, I look forward to those bad shots or blowup holes, those rounds where I'm on a career-best pace, just to see how I respond. Such an uplifting feeling to handle that sort of pressure.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I found the Twitter account first and have been following every since. Great content that I can use when I'm ready to upgrade some of my equipment.

Where are you from? What is your home course? From Indianapolis, IN. My family lived on Old Oakland golf course but we never played or joined.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Not much to hate about golfing in Colorado - great weather, great views, and all your clubs go a little further in the altitude. The worst thing about my golf experience so far is that I haven't found the younger golfing crowd up here in NoCo.

What do you do for a living? Biotech project management

How’d you pick your user name? I'm not creative enough to pick something funny

Welcome to the Forum! A better group is not to be found!

Posted (edited)

I've been playing golf for the last 20ish years. My dad got me into it as a kid, and I would play occasionally with friends in high school. Kind of fell off a bit when I was in college, and would primarily only play when my parents would visit. I've been getting much more back into golf the last 4/5 years and have picked it up as a much more regular hobby in that time frame. My handicap index is currently sitting at about a 12.6, and I'm hoping to get it below 10 by the end of the season this year. 

I really love that I can enjoy golf as a solitary event, and enjoy it equally as much when I'm playing with friends. I have come to really enjoy playing solo the last few years, as a mental health activity. I like how the game really forces you to focus on the current shot, as we all know what happens when our minds drift. I love the flashes of greatness one can experience on the course, and the feeling of a pure shot. 

I'd see my renewed interest in golf in the last few years has led me to pursuing more and more research on golf and finding ways to improve my game. I came upon MyGolfSpy through Social Media, and have used some of the resources to research potential golf-related purchases. I do not currently know any other Spies that I'm aware of. 

I live on the Western Slope of Colorado. I would say my "home" course is probable Adobe Creek Golf Course. It's a fun 27-hole public course, with views of the Colorado National Monument. 

I would say the best thing about golf in my region is the length of the season. The last couple years have produced relatively mild winters, and I found myself playing golf in late November 2023 and as early as January 2024. The worst thing is probably the lack of courses in my immediate area. There are only six courses in close proximity to me, one of which is completely private. Another of those is a very short municipal course that is not very attractive to play, and another is a very primo course that is a little costly to play more than once or twice a season for me. 

I am a property crimes detective at a small/mid size law enforcement agency on the Western Slope. 

It's a play on one of my nick-names and a combination of numbers that are work-related. 

WITB:

Driver - TaylorMade Stealth 2+
3-Wood - TaylorMade Sim2 Ti
3H & 4H - Cobra AMP
Irons - TaylorMade P790s
Wedges - TaylorMade MG4 - 52, 56, & 60
Putter - TaylorMade Spider GT

Edited by WoodRow_3534

WoodRow

How long have you been playing golf?
Learned to play around age 13. Was a golf addict in high school and during my 20s. Took a break while my daughters were growing up. 6-7 years ago I picked up the clubs again and renewed my addiction.

What’s your handicap or normal score?
Usually shoot in the mid 80s, with occasional bad days in the 90s. Have struggled with the swing the last couple years, but lessons seem to be kicking in and it's feeling better, with scores improving. Now at age 67, I favor tees of 6,000 yards-ish; I don't have the ability to hit the distance I used to, so when I play longer tees (say 6,500 yards or so), my scoring suffers.

Walking. Being outside. Playing with buddies. The incredible feeling of flushing a shot or sinking a long putt. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy?
Have been reading MyGolfSpy for several years. Love it.

I live in Lafayette, Colorado. My home track is Coal Creek Golf Course in Louisville, Colorado.

Where I live gets lots of sun, so we have many golfable days. Some winters are mild enough that I can play even December-February, at least a few times. We have lots of affordable, quality courses – plus less-affordable but fun mountain courses for summer play. I am thinking that during my retirement years I'd like to live where golf year-round is more practical than Colorado.

Retired from journalism and digital media. I have a retirement project called The Frugal Golfer, which aims to help golfers save money while playing lots of golf.

The name of my website, of course. But it's just me, Steve.

4 hours ago, WoodRow_3534 said:

I've been playing golf for the last 20ish years. My dad got me into it as a kid, and I would play occasionally with friends in high school. Kind of fell off a bit when I was in college, and would primarily only play when my parents would visit. I've been getting much more back into golf the last 4/5 years and have picked it up as a much more regular hobby in that time frame. My handicap index is currently sitting at about a 12.6, and I'm hoping to get it below 10 by the end of the season this year. 

I really love that I can enjoy golf as a solitary event, and enjoy it equally as much when I'm playing with friends. I have come to really enjoy playing solo the last few years, as a mental health activity. I like how the game really forces you to focus on the current shot, as we all know what happens when our minds drift. I love the flashes of greatness one can experience on the course, and the feeling of a pure shot. 

I'd see my renewed interest in golf in the last few years has led me to pursuing more and more research on golf and finding ways to improve my game. I came upon MyGolfSpy through Social Media, and have used some of the resources to research potential golf-related purchases. I do not currently know any other Spies that I'm aware of. 

I live on the Western Slope of Colorado. I would say my "home" course is probable Adobe Creek Golf Course. It's a fun 27-hole public course, with views of the Colorado National Monument. 

I would say the best thing about golf in my region is the length of the season. The last couple years have produced relatively mild winters, and I found myself playing golf in late November 2023 and as early as January 2024. The worst thing is probably the lack of courses in my immediate area. There are only six courses in close proximity to me, one of which is completely private. Another of those is a very short municipal course that is not very attractive to play, and another is a very primo course that is a little costly to play more than once or twice a season for me. 

I am a property crimes detective at a small/mid size law enforcement agency on the Western Slope. 

It's a play on one of my nick-names and a combination of numbers that are work-related. 

WITB:

Driver - TaylorMade Stealth 2+
3-Wood - TaylorMade Sim2 Ti
3H & 4H - Cobra AMP
Irons - TaylorMade P790s
Wedges - TaylorMade MG4 - 52, 56, & 60
Putter - TaylorMade Spider GT

2 hours ago, TheFrugalGolfer said:

How long have you been playing golf?
Learned to play around age 13. Was a golf addict in high school and during my 20s. Took a break while my daughters were growing up. 6-7 years ago I picked up the clubs again and renewed my addiction.

What’s your handicap or normal score?
Usually shoot in the mid 80s, with occasional bad days in the 90s. Have struggled with the swing the last couple years, but lessons seem to be kicking in and it's feeling better, with scores improving. Now at age 67, I favor tees of 6,000 yards-ish; I don't have the ability to hit the distance I used to, so when I play longer tees (say 6,500 yards or so), my scoring suffers.

Walking. Being outside. Playing with buddies. The incredible feeling of flushing a shot or sinking a long putt. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy?
Have been reading MyGolfSpy for several years. Love it.

I live in Lafayette, Colorado. My home track is Coal Creek Golf Course in Louisville, Colorado.

Where I live gets lots of sun, so we have many golfable days. Some winters are mild enough that I can play even December-February, at least a few times. We have lots of affordable, quality courses – plus less-affordable but fun mountain courses for summer play. I am thinking that during my retirement years I'd like to live where golf year-round is more practical than Colorado.

Retired from journalism and digital media. I have a retirement project called The Frugal Golfer, which aims to help golfers save money while playing lots of golf.

The name of my website, of course. But it's just me, Steve.

Welcome to the Forum!

Hi all!

1. My dad put a club in my hand around the age of 5, so pretty much my whole life. I have gone on swings and roundabouts, playing more and less at different points of my life but am currently trying to get a round in weekly. As such, my handicap has been fluctuating but am currently around a 12 and consistently play in the low to mid 80's.
    1. I love being outdoors and staying active. The variety of course types is also a big thing to keep me coming back for more. Plus, your mind stays engaged while trying to navigate the course as best you can. A bad day on the course is better than any day in the office 😀
    1. I fist came to MyGolfSpy to read club reviews and that's when I discovered the forum. I've never been a big forum user, but wanted to get involved and see if there might be some chance for meeting new golf people around my area.
    1. I just recently moved to Colorado Springs and don't have a home course as of yet. I've played Patty Jewett, Valley Hi, King's Deer in CoS, and Walking Stick down in Pueblo. Looking for a decently maintained course that will not break the budget, if that exists 😅
    1. Best - 300+ days of sunshine a year, Worst - shorter season than I would like
    1. I'm a Construction Project Manager
    1. Very, very unoriginal - name 😌

Would love to meet new people in the area. I can do 9 holes in the evening after work on occasion but would mainly play mornings on the weekends.

DR:  image.png.0f2de9e80ec97647e7e71165ce5bc99d.png  TSR2 9° Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65 Tour X

3W:  image.png.0f2de9e80ec97647e7e71165ce5bc99d.png  TSR2+ 14.5° (adj. to 13.75°) Fairway w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65 Tour X

5W:  image.png.0f2de9e80ec97647e7e71165ce5bc99d.png  TSR2 18° Fairway w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65 Tour X

4i-PW:  NLNewLogo-1920w.png.95722d598b878b5aa55e6b582dfe7034.png  902-OS Forged Irons w/ TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

50°/08F, 54°/08M & 60°/04T:  image.png.0f2de9e80ec97647e7e71165ce5bc99d.png  Wedge Works Vokey Design SM10 Wedges

P:  image.png.6b0c0910f5c4dad993eeb3a67e0487b0.png  Studio Select Newport 2.6

Ball:  image.png.0f2de9e80ec97647e7e71165ce5bc99d.png  Titleist Left Dash Pro V1X

Bag:  sunmountain.png.fbfcaedc370ac8cb47e34532ce3b2643.png C-130S Stand Bag

Other: image.png.40b3f95c9dbdadb6967fc9727d0db6d4.png Arccos Smart Sensors

I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's game. It's called an eraser.  -Arnold Palmer

Welcome to the forum!

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Velocore+ Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g

Welcome to the Forum @sejohnson!

Posted (edited)

Have been playing golf off and on for the past 15 years. Took it more seriously within the last couple of years. Currently, I hold an 8 handicap. Some rounds are better than others, lol.

Time with friends and family. Also, the views from some of the courses are awesome.

Golf information and reviews.

Nebraska - No real home course as there are more than a handful in the area.

Weather changes daily and some course maintenance could be better.

Auto claims adjuster - work from home

part of my last name and a play-off of a sportscast announcer's name.

Edited by Fraschzilla

Sun Mountain C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: :callaway-small: Paradym - 10.5

Fairway: :cobra-small: Amp Cell, 3 and 5 Wood

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 Hot Metal - 5-SW

Putter: :cobra-small: Sport -45

Welcome to the Forum @Fraschzilla!

8 minutes ago, Fraschzilla said:

Have been playing golf off and on for the past 15 years. Took it more seriously within the last couple of years. Currently, I hold an 8 handicap. Some rounds are better than others, lol.

Time with friends and family. Also, the views from some of the courses are awesome.

Golf information and reviews.

Nebraska - No real home course as there are more than a handful in the area.

Weather changes daily and some course maintenance could be better.

Auto claims adjuster - work from home

part of my last name and a play-off of a sportscast announcer's name.

Welcome to the forum. Where in Nebraska are you? I live in Elkhorn.

22 minutes ago, Preeway said:

Norfolk. Roughly an hour and a half Northwest of you. I have a brother-in-law who lives in Elkhorn. Hopefully, you were safe from the tornado and didn't take too much damage.

Sun Mountain C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: :callaway-small: Paradym - 10.5

Fairway: :cobra-small: Amp Cell, 3 and 5 Wood

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 Hot Metal - 5-SW

Putter: :cobra-small: Sport -45

On 5/16/2024 at 11:32 AM, Fraschzilla said:

Norfolk. Roughly an hour and a half Northwest of you. I have a brother-in-law who lives in Elkhorn. Hopefully, you were safe from the tornado and didn't take too much damage.

We were lucky and avoided the worst of it. Maybe we can get together for a round sometime. 

On 5/16/2024 at 11:07 AM, Preeway said:

I live in Gretna and we’re moving to Elkhorn next year.  Small world - I think you participated in my thread re: Club Champion.  

Lefty

3-6 HDCP

4 hours ago, JAFERD said:

I live in Gretna and we’re moving to Elkhorn next year.  Small world - I think you participated in my thread re: Club Champion.  

Let’s get together sometime!

1 hour ago, Preeway said:

Let’s get together sometime!

Absolutely!  Looking for a 4th on May 25 at 8:48am if interested.  Playing with a couple other Omaha GolfTwitter friends!  If interested, I can share details privately.  I’m new in this forum so not sure if I can DM you here but if you follow me on X, I’ll follow back and give you the details!  

Lefty

3-6 HDCP

This is really my third year of golf.  I had golfed in my early 20's, but stopped for quite some time.   I'm 45 now, and really enjoy getting out.  I think my official HC is 31, but on any given day can trend into the 20's.  

Just getting out on the course and challenging yourself to be better than you really are.   The community, being able to golf with friends, meet new people at the course. 

The community.  I am friends with @Preeway and golf together when I can. 

Omaha, NE.  I guess I'd consider Stone Creek Golf Course as my home course. 

In the Spring it rains, in the Summer its hot, in the Fall its windy, in the Winter its not possible.  But those seasons when its in, it can be really good.  Lush, green courses. 

Technology Product Manager for a large construction company 

Been my nickname for years 

Schemy 

Driver: Ping 430 LST 

3 Wood: Callaway Rogue 

4 Hybrid: Callaway Rogue 

Irons: P-4 Callaway Rogue Max 

Wedges: Cleveland CBX Zipcore (48, 54, 60)

Putter: Cleveland Frontline Elevado 

Preferred Balls:  Srixon Q-Star Tour