Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

My new BirdieBall indoor putting green!

Mr. 82

what's a word associated with Halloween with the following letters?   BSENTTMOO

If you figure it out, it's worth 20% off at Birdieball.com

It's "TOMBSTONE" if you want to use it to save 20%.

I ordered a putting green that way and saved $42 off of my order.

Edited by GSwag
Change Title
  • :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I bet you will love this.  I can't leave mine out because of pets.  A dog's nails can puncture it and a cat may or may not like to use it as a scratch pad.  As I can't leave it out, I am taking it out and rolling back up all the time.  I wish I would have gone 4' wide (I did 3') and gone less than the 12'.  Now if you can leave yours out all the time, that size should be great!

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

Let us know if a groove forms.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

19 minutes ago, HardcoreLooper said:

Let us know if a groove forms.

I have not seen a groove after considerable use. The guys on the latest No Putts Given were touting the great puttout mat. I guess they don't read the forums here😯

4 minutes ago, romeopapazulu said:

I have not seen a groove after considerable use. The guys on the latest No Putts Given were touting the great puttout mat. I guess they don't read the forums here😯

The PuttOUT mat was great for a couple of days.  If you're not using it for 30 minutes a night every night, it'll probably take a while for that groove to form.

Keep us posted on the BirdieBall mat.  I'm sorely tempted to get one.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I really want one, but I’d have to keep rolling it up. Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I'm still in the initial stages of breaking it in, and I'm trying to figure out if I just really suck at putting, or if there are some breaks in this thing in certain places that I can't see.

With regards to having to roll it up and put it back out, I would not have gotten this if that was the case.  The dog died nearly 2 years ago, and we are empty nesters.  So it's just me at home all day long (I work from home), so when work slows down, I just walk right next to my desk and start putting.

I debated over what size of this thing to get both length and width and with this room being the size that it is (22' long and 8' wide) I think I found the perfect size for here.  I think everyone will be different, but so far I like to flexibility of it all, where I can practice 3 and 4 footers to several different holes, both straight on and angled (the angled putts are much harder visually to line up, so I think I found something here to really work on).  And I can also go all the way down for the 10 footer (the holes are cut about a foot from the edges).  And so far it's either I really suck at putting, or the mat has little breaks in it that wobble the ball here and there.  I have noticed that if you keep your speed up it removes any wobbles.  So depending on how you look at it, the positive for me is that this will help me be more consistent with my speed on shorter putts.

I'm going to be patient with this thing and continue to test it daily, but my initial reaction is very positive.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

3 hours ago, GSwag said:

I'm still in the initial stages of breaking it in, and I'm trying to figure out if I just really suck at putting, or if there are some breaks in this thing in certain places that I can't see.

I debated over what size of this thing to get both length and width and with this room being the size that it is (22' long and 8' wide) I think I found the perfect size for here.  I think everyone will be different, but so far I like to flexibility of it all, where I can practice 3 and 4 footers to several different holes, both straight on and angled (the angled putts are much harder visually to line up, so I think I found something here to really work on).  And I can also go all the way down for the 10 footer (the holes are cut about a foot from the edges).  And so far it's either I really suck at putting, or the mat has little breaks in it that wobble the ball here and there.  I have noticed that if you keep your speed up it removes any wobbles.  So depending on how you look at it, the positive for me is that this will help me be more consistent with my speed on shorter putts.

I'm going to be patient with this thing and continue to test it daily, but my initial reaction is very positive.

I have noticed the breaks as well.  But from all the surprises I run into that change little house projects into bug house projects, I assumed my floor has some slant to it.  If I rotate the mat 90 degrees, the break disappears, so I figured the mat was ok.  It does make it a little weird to have a 10 footer that breaks 2-3" on what looks like a perfectly flat green.

I had the suspicions about the angled putts vs. straight putts.  With the 3ft wide mat, I have my heels hanging off to get a straight putt to the single centered hole.  If I putt straight to the far right hole, I am going right down the edge of the mat, so I feel like there is some alignment "cheating".  I suppose I should incorporate some more straight vs. angled testing to actually verify if there is a measurable difference.