Our Sponsors

UPDATE! The V3, at this stage, is doing what it's meant to do. Many thanks to Jamie at SS for the help.

• Like 4

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine arrived today - from an appearance standpoint, they killed it. It's WAY smaller and WAY lighter than V2, and the charger has been completely redesigned for the better.  And not that it matte

Hmmm, where to start?   First things first, it automatically registers your stats as you play - you don't have to do much of anything. It knows what club you hit and where you hit it from. For ex

The size of the watch always turned me off from shotscope.  The size of v3 could change everything 

Posted Images

Just saying, I have my tracking number but DHL has. It updated the tracking in 3 days!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Well, mine seems to have arrived in Houston - only 5 days to get there from Illinois. Still expected to deliver on 17th. At least that is good news. It is actually in USPS hands now so no issues with the DHL/USPS transfer. Not complaining - the shipping info has not changed - just 7 days still seems a long time. I guess we get used to the fast deliveries way too easily.

I received this from Shot Scope just now.  

"The GPS accuracy should be slightly better as it can use different satellites rather than just the one, however some putts will still need editing and it will still be measured in terms of feet and not inches. In terms of the zoom on the greens this is down to the Google Map Satellites rather than the GPS in the watch so this won't have changed. "

So I guess we can't zoom in more to make the putting more accurate.  It might be a better accuracy from where you hit and putt from, but I edit that every round anyway, so it's not going to help me much.  I will test it out, but at this point, I doubt it will make much of a difference to me, except the battery life if I play more than 27 holes.  Not my biggest gripe, so not sure I will keep the new watch since my biggest issue is getting the actual distances closer to the real numbers when putting. 

• Like 3

M2 Driver

M6 (6-PW)

CBX2 PW, AW, SW, LW

Ryan G

Received mine yesterday.  Looks like an Iwatch (will have to keep it away from the wife!!!).  I am not a fan of the phone app as the only choice ( I like sitting in front of my computer haha!) but I guess I will get used to it.  Not sure if I need to change out all the old tags or if I can use those still in the clubs and save the new ones till i need them...

Will let everyone know when I get out on Thursday!

Drew

• Like 2

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

Received mine yesterday.  Looks like an Iwatch (will have to keep it away from the wife!!!).  I am not a fan of the phone app as the only choice ( I like sitting in front of my computer haha!) but I guess I will get used to it.  Not sure if I need to change out all the old tags or if I can use those still in the clubs and save the new ones till i need them...

Drew

I did read a post somewhere that Shot Scope said you can use the old tags, but the new ones help with accuracy and are improved...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

2 hours ago, ddryan said:

Drew

I also prefer the PC for editing and you can still do that on their websites, I presume.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

4 hours ago, ddryan said:

Drew

You can post round edit in your computer after you upload the round from your phone.

3 hours ago, PMookie said:

I did read a post somewhere that Shot Scope said you can use the old tags, but the new ones help with accuracy and are improved...

That's exactly right. And the new tags work with the old watch.

2 hours ago, Kanoito said:

I also prefer the PC for editing and you can still do that on their websites, I presume.

Yes sir, see above.

• Like 3

In the bag:
Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

@MattF played with it yet?

Still no tracking for me lol

• Like 3

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Mine just arrived.

• Like 2

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

Somebody got tired of theirs already.  There's one up in the Buy/Sell/Trade section.

• Like 2

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

Hi all, I just want to throw my two cents into the new V3 discussion. I ordered mine back in January and received it yesterday. I use an iPhone and the watch charged no problem to 100% and then linked to my phone without a hitch. The firmware update loaded just fine and for this you need a mobile phone. I did replace the V2 sensors with the new V3 ones shipped. 

The fingerprint of the watch is very close to the 44mm iWatch that I use. As someone mentioned the tapered band on the iWatch does make it appear a tad smaller. But this is just what apple does with their products, they appear very modern and sleek. The iWatch has rounded edges all around it and this is another factor that makes it appear slimmer. I liken this effect to the way golf manufacturers round off the topline of game improvement irons to make them appear less chunky. The new V3 is waaay smaller then the V2. Looks better too. The V2 didn't bother me too much but occasionally I would look down at it and think 'Wow this thing is huge'.

As far as the putting and tracking goes, I think the tracking is more accurate then gets noticed. Check out the leader board sometime and see that the watch is capable of tracking down to the inch. Drives and longest putts boards have the decimal going out two sigfigs. 12 multiplied by the two digits after the decimal gives you inches. say your longest put was 50.25ft. 12*0.25=3. your putt traveled 50ft 3inches.

If you are that anal about your distance you should probably manually track your puts anyhow. I don't know how I feel about manually tracking putts but I'll give it a try when I play in a few hours.

• Like 5

Krank Formula X LAGP Ozik Black Tie 70X 45" 9*

:755178188_TourEdge:CBX 3 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 43" 15*

Krank Formula X 5 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 42" 18*

Wishon Golf 775HS 3H Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid X-Flex  39.75" 21*

Wishon Golf 585HI 3DI  same shaft as irons 38.25" 21*

Wishon Golf 575 MMC Forged 5-A N.S.Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Wishon Golf Micro-Groove HM S, L same shaft as irons 

:EVNROLL: ER7B Gravity Grip 35"

I don't care about putting being down to inches in accuracy. i am more interested in the data from the rest of the game.  once I'm on the green it's one or two putts usually anyway.  Improving my proximity from approaches is where I see gains coming.

• Like 2

I received my V3 upgrade today and have two initial observations. They seem to provide two less tags for clubs than in the V2. I was also disappointed that they moved to a proprietary charger instead of the micro USB. I have tons of micro USB cords but now if I lose their charger I'm screwed. 

• Like 2

My bag is a revolving door!

I still have no initial thoughts. I got two emails last week that mine had shipped, and was provided a tracking number. However, that tracking number is invalid and it has been 7 days since the supposed ship date. So, it may or may not have shipped. Idk. Who ships with DHL? 

• Sad 1

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 19.5° Utility

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i

Wedges:  :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Well my 7 day estimate turned into 6 day actual. The V3 arrived today. Charged/updated with no issues. Changed out all the V2 tags for V3, updated the courses and will give it the first workout tomorrow.

Love the new size and the band is definitely an upgrade to me. There are only 4 buttons and they work more intuitively than the V2 - but the concepts are the same and easily picked up on after using the V2.

I am going to stay with the manual putting for now. Once I am used to using the V3 I might try the auto putting again. It did not fit to me before. I like to practice strokes away from my ball location while others are putting and that was an issue.

Will be interesting to see if the new algorithms work as well or more reliably than the V2 - which was pretty good to begin with. 

• Like 3

@03trdblack  Yes! Great point about the charger. I too was a bit bummed out about that one.

@Larryw  I only played in auto mode while putting with the V2 and today I went manual. I like using the manual mode more. Your issues are probably the same as most people. I don't take practice swings on the green from the putting position. I usually look at the hole from behind the ball and take some practice strokes to feel the distance. After a few rounds with V2 in auto putting and noticing the putting points were usually off, I had the feeling at the back of my mind in later rounds that I'm going to have to edit the greens play. It was liberating having the option to mark your shot. I found a groove in marking both my ball and watch close to the same time. And only forgot to mark the position twice. It was no problem just walking back and marking before the next putt. 

After a four hour and twelve minute round I had 61% of battery life from a full charge. I turned the watch on at the five minute tee call. So two rounds is doable. 

The improved accuracy is not a lie. V3 seems way more accurate. You just got to have a little patience around your ball and take practice swings.

This made the editing easier to do. The reality is that you should review your round and edit a bit. I didn't use the positional shot feature before. I just didn't know it was there to use. One time or another we all have to use it so looking over your round is a must. I mean why else are you interested in tracking your shots?

This shot tracking system is awesome and I don't have to pay a yearly sub fee for it. Enough said.

• Like 5

Krank Formula X LAGP Ozik Black Tie 70X 45" 9*

:755178188_TourEdge:CBX 3 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 43" 15*

Krank Formula X 5 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 42" 18*

Wishon Golf 775HS 3H Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid X-Flex  39.75" 21*

Wishon Golf 585HI 3DI  same shaft as irons 38.25" 21*

Wishon Golf 575 MMC Forged 5-A N.S.Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Wishon Golf Micro-Groove HM S, L same shaft as irons 

:EVNROLL: ER7B Gravity Grip 35"

18 hours ago, Kanoito said:

@MattF played with it yet?

Still no tracking for me lol

No sir. I have a 12.30 tee time tomorrow.

• Like 2

In the bag:
Bag: 

Anyone in Canada get their's yet ?  Still waiting here on the west coast for it to show, or even some kind of shipping update maybe, as at this point I still don't know if it's been shipped.

• Sad 1

Here is my first impressions and review of my V3 as a V2 owner :

Packaging and Out of the Box : The packaging is very nice like opening a new phone or other smart device. Not much to say about the packaging except it is well thought out and more compact than the V2. Do note that my unit required a firmware update out of the box but that's a good thing since it shows the developers are constantly working on making the software better. It took some time for initial set up and pairing with my phone (Samsung Note 8 ) so make sure you give yourself enough time for that before your first round using the V3. Also give it time to complete the update as I exited early due to a work call  and had to go through the entire process from the beginning! (Should have ignored my manager because you know, priorities). The unit came with about 60% charge but it charged very quickly up to 90% (30 minutes?) which is when I took it off the charger to take it out to the course. I too was a bit disappointed that Shotscope went way from standard charging ports to proprietary charging. In the past I would try to charge the unit in my truck (which has a constant hot charging port) but I believe the logic is the battery life is better so no need to carry a charger around. Also the way the charger works now is contact based so less risk to damage the charging port ( which my wife has done to our first baby monitor ) and also may be to save space to account for the larger battery but smaller form factor. I do hope Shotscope eventually will sell replacement chargers so I can carry one in the truck and have one at home. We will have to see the long term reliability of the charger as it is a clamp type and the springs tend to wear on clamps.The band feels a bit lighter and not as stiff as the V2 bands. Definitely liking the Teal color. Dressing for golf isn't a fashion show for me but still nice to have some color options on the bands. From the pictures I saw of the unit released from Shotscope I thought it was going to be a cloth or canvas type band but the material is still the same rubber type material but definitely feels lighter.

Fit and Feel: For sure it is lighter and sleeker than the V2. Often times during a round with the V2 I could feel the buttons pressing up against my wrist and even leaving a mark on my wrist after a round! Actually found that once in a while the screen would be moved to the next hole as the button would get accidentally pressed. Now this is only the first round so I will update as time goes on but so far I am definitely preferring the fit and feel of the V3 compared to the V2.

UI and Menu Options Compared to the V2, the functionality is basically the same except for a few menu options. One big difference I notice is getting to the penalties menu takes one extra button press on the V3 as compared to the V2. With the V2 it was one button press to get to the penalties page but with the V3 I have to get to the penalties option then press a button to confirm I want the penalties page then choose the penalty I am looking to assess on myself. Maybe this was done on purpose to say " You probably don't need to access this page that often or easily right? And if you need this page that often maybe you need help!" Or most likely based on research (with lower handicap players?) this page isn't actually accessed as often. Other than that, the other functionalities are pretty much the same. 

On Course Performance : It took some time to get the GPS satellites at the course I played but not sure if that was because it was the first time finding the satellites or if it was due to the location but once it found the course it never lost signal (actually it did but that was in the bathroom at the clubhouse so no need to track that info!) I have had issues with the V2 losing signal on the course at some courses so I will update later if that does happen with the V3. Accuracy was pretty much as expected when comparing with Grint GPS tracking. As you can see in the pictures, the way the distances to front, middle, and back of green is displayed has changed as it used to be arranged in a stack. I don't think it makes a difference to me either way. For sure though the color screen is much easier to read in direct sunlight. I played a twilight round but you can see that here in sunny Southern California the sun is still shining brightly at 630PM and the numbers are easy to read. There were times the V2 was a bit difficult to read in direct sunlight and I had to rotate my wrist a bit to get the right angle. No issues with the V3. I did notice one time on the green that it did not go into pin collect mode automatically and I had to manually go to pin collect but other than that no complaints about on course performance. As for battery life, at the end of the round I had about 40% battery life and considering I started at 90% I can see this lasting through 36 holes. Will have to attempt this one day and update on actual battery life. 

Post round upload and sync  As everyone already mentioned, the V3 now only syncs to your phone for uploading data. However, I believe you are able to edit and sign off on the online dashboard as before. I just quickly went through my sign off on the phone but will update on this process of syncing through the phone then editing online later. Syncing the unit and uploading the data was quick and easy. Not much to say here.

Overall Impressions and Thoughts Overall it is a definite improvement over the V2. Not sure why people are already selling. I will probably be posting my V2 for sale soon if anyone is interested. Biggest gripe for me on the V2 was the bulkiness and battery life and the V3 answers all those so no complaints. I have not used Arccos so I cannot speak on that but if you are a golf nerd/geek and like tracking your data, I highly recommend the Shotscope. The V3 is a definite improvement over the V2 but if you don't play more than 18 holes and don't mind a bit of bulkiness and don't require a color screen, the V2 is a more budget friendly option that offers pretty much the same performance. 

20200616_182510.jpg

20200616_182518.jpg

• Like 5

Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue SZ Evenflow 6.0 Stiff

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : Bombtech 52,56,60

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Rangefinder : TecTecTec DXLS

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1