Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

COVID-19

bens197

I listened to DeWine give his daily "talk" today. After 5 weeks of this, my patience is wearing thin with his calm, collected, ...... (no descriptors come to mind) demeanor. Today, I wanted to jump through the screen and strangle him!  He was asked when Ohio would start opening up. His response............... "Small businesses don't want to open too soon". Really Mike!? Did you ask them??? This is getting out of hand. We need to get back to work! Cautiously and carefully... but it has to happen! This guy will have us shut down through June if he can. 

Neither the people nor the state can survive that. Ohio will be dead, and it will become a welfare state if it doesn't soon address this and get on with it!

On a side note... am I the only one that wants to suffocate Mike Lindell with his own pillow and wrap his body in a Giza sheet? I'm sooooooo tired of his commercials! 🙄

Sorry..... This shutdown is really starting to wear on me bad.

Edited by silver & black

4 hours ago, bens197 said:

Rick, we were on an EMS run last night and the father of the adult daughter who was our patient was there first at her side. He was so kind and overly concerned about helping while having an engine crew and two paramedics there for his daughter.

He kept walking up and broke the 6’ circle several times. I had to remind him that despite his good intentions we need to maintain space.

Human nature has some habits that are difficult to break.

Yea this is a daily occurrence for me and half my residents is my city "don't speak English " until you tell them something they don't want to hear then the English comes out pretty perfectly. This makes me want to beat my head off of a wall. On a plus side only had 1 possible COVID patient today not 3 like my nightshift the other night.

Yea this is a daily occurrence for me and half my residents is my city "don't speak English " until you tell them something they don't want to hear then the English comes out pretty perfectly. This makes me want to beat my head off of a wall. On a plus side only had 1 possible COVID patient today not 3 like my nightshift the other night.

Frustrating isn’t the word.

I’m wearing turnouts on all EMS runs for the time being. I can’t control what others do so I may as well control what I do.
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Lots to catch up on in this thread. I'm thrilled about the level of conversation in here. So much better than every other platform I've been on recently.
[mention=69396]Shankster[/mention] - sorry to hear about your family's loss of a friend. Was this in the UP? I was reading the story about the lack of ICU beds up there. I think there were something like eight ICU beds for the entire eastern half the peninsula? That's why everyone was told not to go to their vacation homes/hunting cabins/etc. No way the system could handle more people.
I am a gardener, too. And right now I'm thankful I ordered my seeds in January. So far, most things are on schedule for me. Just finished up some improvements this past weekend:
IMG_21042020_123915_(600_x_600_pixel).jpg.603660bcbf3ab812cd18b739a174d0ad.jpg
Four 4'x20' raised beds are new for this season. Snow peas, onions and garlic (planted last fall) are doing well so far. Radish, green onion and turnips will be planted this week, and inside the small coldframe are broccoli, Brussels sprout and cabbage seedlings. Tomato and pepper seedlings are still indoors as we keep alternating between 60 degree days and 25 degree nights. Ready for the actual warm weather to show.
Still have to set out my irrigation, and am planning on trenching a 3/4" PEX water line from the edge of my patio to the garden. The last couple years I've strung hoses across the grass but it looks messy. My wife hates the look. What's a little more digging?

Garden looks great!

No, lower peninsula on the east side of lake Charlevoix.

I do have a buddy up in Marquette still. He said there is only like 10 cases and nothing serious yet.

Not hard to distance yourself up there. Munising, where we used to live has zero cases... the grass might be greener here, but I bet they play golf before I do.

Modified shelter in place orders extended through 5/31 here on Oahu...

UGH.

Not sure what the modifications are yet, but it can't be good.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

Frustrating isn’t the word.

I’m wearing turnouts on all EMS runs for the time being. I can’t control what others do so I may as well control what I do.

We have gowns on all of our ambulances to wear and we are limiting engine crews access to positive people but medics like myself get to deal with it no problem. The frustration is my department feels so split yet we do way more EMS calls than fire calls but we can't expose the fire guys unless they are working OT. We have access to sprayers at our two hospitals thg that have a disinfectant in them that is "okay for human skin contact" but it kills all viruses yet it is not safe to go on fire gear. I foresee commercials in the future saying this causes cancer not like our job isn't high enough risk of it already.

We have gowns on all of our ambulances to wear and we are limiting engine crews access to positive people but medics like myself get to deal with it no problem. The frustration is my department feels so split yet we do way more EMS calls than fire calls but we can't expose the fire guys unless they are working OT. We have access to sprayers at our two hospitals thg that have a disinfectant in them that is "okay for human skin contact" but it kills all viruses yet it is not safe to go on fire gear. I foresee commercials in the future saying this causes cancer not like our job isn't high enough risk of it already.

The spray sounds interesting. Make sure you document document document. Protect yourself brother.

We have gowns as well. Only for critical traumas, arrests and or FF discretion.

No BVM unless a filter is placed on a secured and intubated patient. No nebulizers and no NRB unless medic on scene approves...that also limits how many hands are able to participate.

I stopped working as a paramedic in 2012 so the modalities are familiar; it’s still tough to process some of this. I’ll spare those scrolling by with the details but it’s interesting to say the least, how this is affecting treatment.
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Here is a link to a Covid-19 Tracking site. Really well presented data, no political slant on it, just numbers. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Hopefully people realise that a large proportion of ventilators being used in "normal" times are for post trauma and cardiac surgery patients. It disappoints me that people's attitudes towards dealing with this pandemic are quite often based on political beliefs rather than facts.

I encourage people to get their information from multiple sources, and to question the motivations of those providing the information. There is a reason Medical Studies are peer reviewed and vigorously examined.

As a health professional, I listen to the medical experts. We all see all the time when people ask on MGS for swing advice, the response is an overwhelming "see a golf pro" (which I fully agree with) When it comes to life or death issues, there is no room for "alternative facts"

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

8 hours ago, bens197 said:

The spray sounds interesting. Make sure you document document document. Protect yourself brother.

We have gowns as well. Only for critical traumas, arrests and or FF discretion.

No BVM unless a filter is placed on a secured and intubated patient. No nebulizers and no NRB unless medic on scene approves...that also limits how many hands are able to participate.

I stopped working as a paramedic in 2012 so the modalities are familiar; it’s still tough to process some of this. I’ll spare those scrolling by with the details but it’s interesting to say the least, how this is affecting treatment.

We have a do not intubate or give breathing treatment order as of now it's amazing how different the same job is in different areas.

Sorry for all the job talk folks I'm sure some of this is way beyond what y'all want to read or see.

So here's what's for dinner tonight..

You inspired me

The one on the top is with smoked chopped pork loin and smoked sausage with BBQ sauce. The one on bottom is just a classic pepperoni, salami, and ham.

0421201832.jpeg.856ffd41c82ad3a6f5b6d545f27261e5.jpeg
0421201804_HDR.thumb.jpg.e86b7dc7ad220e8a23a23b2dd71b5cb4.jpg
0421201822.thumb.jpg.dc02d5f532078fc6d0a5d386a92b611a.jpg
[/url]

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

12 hours ago, azstu324 said:

So here's what's for dinner tonight..

You inspired me

The one on the top is with smoked chopped pork loin and smoked sausage with BBQ sauce. The one on bottom is just a classic pepperoni, salami, and ham.

0421201832.jpeg

0421201804_HDR.thumb.jpg.e86b7dc7ad220e8a23a23b2dd71b5cb4.jpg

0421201822.thumb.jpg.dc02d5f532078fc6d0a5d386a92b611a.jpg

These look fantastic.  How hot are you keeping your grill to first cook the dough and then to finish it with toppings?

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

23 minutes ago, bens197 said:

These look fantastic.  How hot are you keeping your grill to first cook the dough and then to finish it with toppings?

So I have 5 burners on my grill. I turn the middle 3 way down low and the 2 on the outside to about Med - Med/Low. This puts the grill at about 450* when covered. Also, this way, where the dough sits isn't going to be too hot to burn before it's cooked through. I'll kind of cook it like a steak. I'll let it sit for about a minute covered on 1 side, flip for another minute, then flip and rotate 90* and then do the same for the last side. Make sure and keep covered as much as possible because it's baking too. 

Also, be sure to cover the top side with oil so when it flips it won't stick and gets a little crispy. 

For the broiler part, I just keep it at 500* and put the pizza straight on the middle rack for about 3-4 more minutes or until you see the cheese bubble and the edges get a little darker. 

I forgot to mention that this batch of dough is whole wheat which doesn't cook or burn as quickly as white flour dough can. The times are all approximate so just keep an eye on things. 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

So I have 5 burners on my grill. I turn the middle 3 way down low and the 2 on the outside to about Med - Med/Low. This puts the grill at about 450* when covered. Also, this way, where the dough sits isn't going to be too hot to burn before it's cooked through. I'll kind of cook it like a steak. I'll let it sit for about a minute covered on 1 side, flip for another minute, then flip and rotate 90* and then do the same for the last side. Make sure and keep covered as much as possible because it's baking too. 
Also, be sure to cover the top side with oil so when it flips it won't stick and gets a little crispy. 
For the broiler part, I just keep it at 500* and put the pizza straight on the middle rack for about 3-4 more minutes or until you see the cheese bubble and the edges get a little darker. 
I forgot to mention that this batch of dough is whole wheat which doesn't cook or burn as quickly as white flour dough can. The times are all approximate so just keep an eye on things. 

Does the dough sag on the grates when you first put it on?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Does the dough sag on the grates when you first put it on?

Not at all. The dough cooks quickly enough to firm up and not fall through

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Received an email from the local Association outlining a detailed plan to bring The Villages out of this unfortunate situation in stages over the next month plus. I’ve read it a couple times and sounds reasonable, slow but still a good plan. Starts next week.

Rick

Left Hand, 

19 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Received an email from the local Association outlining a detailed plan to bring The Villages out of this unfortunate situation in stages over the next month plus. I’ve read it a couple times and sounds reasonable, slow but still a good plan. Starts next week.

Y'all watch yourselves down there. The problem with all the quarantining is people who have it but don't have symptoms will start to see more people and we may get a increased number again. Be safe and I'm not trying to scare or be a fear monger type.

Y'all watch yourselves down there. The problem with all the quarantining is people who have it but don't have symptoms will start to see more people and we may get a increased number again. Be safe and I'm not trying to scare or be a fear monger type.

Thanks Tom, great advise. I’ve got SWMBO to keep me on the straight and narrow

Rick

Left Hand, 

Any changes to the golf portion, I.e. pins etc.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I am amazed at how lax people have become recently. I had to run to Walmart today, and there were less than a handful of us with masks on. Even saw two women walking in with a baby - couldn't have been more than a year old, no masks and with a baby.

Then stopped by the local hardware store for propane - it was just the cashier and I that had masks on. Social distancing? Nope!

We're fortunate that we only have 25 confirmed cases in our county but that doesn't mean they don't have it. I'll be wearing a mask for a while.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Any changes to the golf portion, I.e. pins etc.

No, that’s going to be a while I’m sure. It’s working OK right now. A lot of Snowbirds are talking about going north 1st of May.

Rick

Left Hand, 

My father was tested for antibodies, we'll know in a day or two if he indeed had this instead of pneumonia like was suspected a few months ago.

What really sucks is my grandfather only has a short time left, he's at his home in hospice care. My father's not allowed to go see him and my grandmother until his results come back. If he has antibodies in his system, he won't be allowed to go see his father in person before he passes due to having recently had COVID. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

My father was tested for antibodies, we'll know in a day or two if he indeed had this instead of pneumonia like was suspected a few months ago.
What really sucks is my grandfather only has a short time left, he's at his home in hospice care. My father's not allowed to go see him and my grandmother until his results come back. If he has antibodies in his system, he won't be allowed to go see his father in person before he passes due to having recently had COVID. 

Sorry to hear. This has been devastating on lots of families, especially those with young kids who don't understand why they can't see their grandparents.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

3 hours ago, russtopherb said:

I'm very sorry to hear about this. I can't imagine being in that situation, but I can imagine how difficult it is for a family. 

8 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'm very sorry to hear about this. I can't imagine being in that situation, but I can imagine how difficult it is for a family. 

It's beyond words. Since my family all had close contact with my father after he left the hospital, none of us are allowed out there to pay our last respects out of fear for passing something to my grandmother. My grandfather is 93 and my grandmother 90 and we just can't risk it. Even just typing about it my stomach is in knots. It's terrible. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

11 hours ago, russtopherb said:

Sorry to hear this mate. My mothers husband back home is in the same position with his son. Gary (son) is in hospice and is expected to pass within the next week or less due to cancer and Ron can't go to see him one last time.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Sorry to hear, this Virus has been devastating to many.

Rick

Left Hand, 

13 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I am amazed at how lax people have become recently. I had to run to Walmart today, and there were less than a handful of us with masks on. Even saw two women walking in with a baby - couldn't have been more than a year old, no masks and with a babyemoji33.png.

Then stopped by the local hardware store for propane - it was just the cashier and I that had masks on. Social distancing? Nope!

We're fortunate that we only have 25 confirmed cases in our county but that doesn't mean they don't have it. I'll be wearing a mask for a while.

That's what has me most concerned. When people hear that restrictions are being eased, they'll think it's safe to go back to the way things were. I had a similar experience when I went to go get gas last weekend. 5 of us waiting to check out, 4 people without masks line-up one in top of each other, me in my mask off idling to the side where the 6 foot mark is.

Just stresses me out

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

It's beyond words. Since my family all had close contact with my father after he left the hospital, none of us are allowed out there to pay our last respects out of fear for passing something to my grandmother. My grandfather is 93 and my grandmother 90 and we just can't risk it. Even just typing about it my stomach is in knots. It's terrible. 

The Shanksfam is with you, in our thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear about this.