Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Wilson C300 Forged vs PXG 0211 Which would be more forgiving?

Tharris

Since we’ve been in lockdown I’ve been thinking about some new irons and the PXG 0211’s and the Wilson C300 Forged have caught my eye. I’m a bogey golfer that occasionally breaks 80 and currently play Ping G15 irons. Which would you choose? Anybody playing these?

Edited by Tharris

Since we’ve been in lockdown I’ve been thinking about some new irons and the PXG 0211’s and the Wilson C300 Forged have caught my eye. I’m a bogey golfer that occasionally breaks 80 and currently play Ping G15 irons. Which would you choose? Anybody playing these?

Checked the C300 Official Tester thread from 2018. A few of the testers were using forged C300. I was a tester but not the forged. Sorry can't provide the link since I'm on the tapatalk version and the search feature s**ks.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I was part of the test group for the C300 forged;  I thought they were great clubs and would put them in the bag again.  Haven't tried the 0211 irons but other PXG irons are nice as well.   If I were picking, I would probably go with the 0211 just because I haven't played them and price wise they are pretty close.  If you want to go based on performance, you would  really need to hit each of them. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I picked up a set of C300 Forged back in February and like them quite a lot. I have 8-10 rounds in with them so far. I’m very happy with that purchase, no buyers remorse here.

The PXG’s though, I’ve never laid eyes on. Sorry.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I went from Ping G25 irons to PXG 0211 irons. I’m very happy so far but it’s early on the change. Mostly range time and only 1 round of golf so far. I really love the feel of the 0211s. I’ve never hit the Wilson irons.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

On 5/10/2020 at 8:19 PM, MattWillGolf said:

I went from Ping G25 irons to PXG 0211 irons. I’m very happy so far but it’s early on the change. Mostly range time and only 1 round of golf so far. I really love the feel of the 0211s. I’ve never hit the Wilson irons.

Do you find the forgiveness similar to the Pings?

I have not noticed a change in forgiveness. I have noticed a distance increase so far though and the ball height seems lower and more penetrating. Very pleased though. Now that the restrictions are lifting on play and the weather is improving, we had snow over the weekend 🤦‍♂️, I will be able to better evaluate them. 

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got the Wilson C300 forged irons with the KBS 105 stiff shaft and they feel pretty amazing. I was really afriad when they first came in because I've been playing the Ping G 15's since they came out and the WIlson's  look so much like a player's iron. But man am I glad I got them! The feel is so much better and I really havent noticed much difference in the forgiveness department. I just used the same old swing and they launched pretty high and long.

Edited by Tharris

2 hours ago, Tharris said:

Well, I got the Wilson C300 forged irons with the KBS 105 stiff shaft and they feel pretty amazing. I was really afriad when they first came in because I've been playing the Ping G 15's since they came out and the WIlson's  look so much like a player's iron. But man am I glad I got them! The feel is so much better and I really havent noticed much difference in the forgiveness department. I just used the same old swing and they launched pretty high and long.

They are officially in the players distance category but are great irons and very forgiving.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG