334 members have voted

1. 1. What's your Putter Swing Type?

• SBST (Not fitted)
    • Slight Arc (Not fitted)
    • Strong Arc (Not fitted)
    • SBST (fitted)
    • Slight Arc (fitted)
    • Strong Arc (fitted)

I've just discovered this is a thing. I jsut got put into a face balanced and Oh lord it feels so much better.  I had no confidence before and felt like i was battling my slight arc putter.  Where is everyone now on a check up?

Going to leave the poll open to see how many we get.

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver Second hand (looking for a new driver)

:taylormade-small: M2 Tour 3-wood (savior club)

:taylormade-small: M1 Irons 5-PW

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy wedges inherited from my Father-in-Law 52,56,60

:ping-small: Tyne 2 Straight Arc

:Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos: 

I did the PING on-line evaluation and it said I had a slight arc.  They offer free putter fittings and next winter while we're in AZ, I intend to schedule one. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

No one actually has a SBST stroke, it would be bio mechanically very awkward, but that's been discussed in other threads, and I'm not trying to hijack the thread. I know I have an arc stroke, just don't know if it would be considered slight or strong, and I'm happy with my 25° toe down putter.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

I know a lot of people talk about arc, which translates to the path and how much a putter comes off the target line during the back and forward strokes. The other critical thing, that may have more impact on putter selection is rotation. Ping app measures rotation, but labels it arc.

It is possible to have a “strong” arc stroke with little rotation and a “SBST” stroke with lots of rotation.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

What do I choose if my path goes outside the line on the backstroke and cuts across the ball?

path.jpg

This is a finely tuned stroke that is a common result from insisting on going "SBST." That said, it works for me. In terms of putter fitting, I've found that mallets with toe hang work well; a bit of toe weighting slows the closure rate, which helps hold off the pulls that are the characteristic miss for my stroke.

EDIT: also, it's not quite as extreme as it looks here. I'm using a device that clips to the putter shaft. What it can't know is that I also mis-aim my putter about 2° open to the target line and correct it before impact. The device has to assume my initial aim is the target, so it has to plot everything as a pull relative to my initial aim.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

I like a face balanced or close to face balanced putter. I generally putt with a very slight arc.

I have noticed that if I mess around with a putter with a ton of toe hang, my stroke adjusts and has more arc. But I don't like the thought of a lot of arc because in my mind it seems like it takes more effort to square up.

Overall, with putting, I like everything to be as square as possible, I play a Squareback with a square grip lol

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I have never tried a putter fitting, but I do feel my stroke has some open and close to it. I try to do that to some extent. I have two different anser style putters. One is a long neck almost 100% face balanced. The other your standard anser style with a bit more toe hang. I swap them in and out depending on how I am feeling. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

On 6/8/2020 at 1:04 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

What do I choose if my path goes outside the line on the backstroke and cuts across the ball?

path.jpg

This is a finely tuned stroke that is a common result from insisting on going "SBST." That said, it works for me. In terms of putter fitting, I've found that mallets with toe hang work well; a bit of toe weighting slows the closure rate, which helps hold off the pulls that are the characteristic miss for my stroke.

EDIT: also, it's not quite as extreme as it looks here. I'm using a device that clips to the putter shaft. What it can't know is that I also mis-aim my putter about 2° open to the target line and correct it before impact. The device has to assume my initial aim is the target, so it has to plot everything as a pull relative to my initial aim.

Exactly this. And I don't see it talked about much. This was a revelation I made about two months ago as well. I have been fitted for a SBST stroke. I already knew I had a SBST stroke. Anyone who watched me putt could tell that. But I would ocassionally pull putts to the left. I tried several face balanced mallets, trying to eliminate any movement. Seems like more toe hang is only going to slam the door more left, especially since I tend to put the ball forward a bit in my stance. But I finely came to the realization that my stroke needed more arc, not less. Found 20 degrees of toe hang or so to be ideal for me. Helps open up the club coming back, and slowing closure on the way through. Picked up an Evnroll ER3 about two months ago and my putting has never been better. I used to really struggle with 5-10 foot putts. Those are all in or sniffing the cup now. Just have a lot of confidence that I can roll my line. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

I know a lot of people talk about arc, which translates to the path and how much a putter comes off the target line during the back and forward strokes. The other critical thing, that may have more impact on putter selection is rotation. Ping app measures rotation, but labels it arc.

It is possible to have a “strong” arc stroke with little rotation and a “SBST” stroke with lots of rotation.
IMO, Yes to both your questions. I am strong arc and have learned a lot from SAM putter fittings. There are people that are less arc, think SBST but "wristy" during stroke and conversely strong arc with good quiet hands through impact (ball position/ alignment is key with timing of arc stroke).
A side note, One area I think these newer "stability" shafts can possibly help is with golfers that have lots (too much) of face rotation through impact (possibly reducing degrees open/closed which contributes to offline putts).

Sent from my SM-N960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

21 hours ago, aerospace_ray said:

A side note, One area I think these newer "stability" shafts can possibly help is with golfers that have lots (too much) of face rotation through impact (possibly reducing degrees open/closed which contributes to offline putts).

Stability shaft isn't going to help with face rotation.  It is designed to minimize flexing of the shaft with the heavier head putters.    Also,  there really isn't anything that defines too much face rotation;  some people don't have much and other have a lot.  

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Love the responses so far.  My slight arc putter was always pulling left as I was trying to swing SBST, and that caused it to pull left with the to hang as I would swing wide to try to make the putter go SBST.  Needless to say my putting until now is woefully inconsistent on all aspects of everything, distance, angle, alignment. but with the SAM fitting I was dunking 9.5/10 from 8-12+ feet at multiple areas around their test green.  and prior I would be lucky to get 3-4 and then hopefully leave it close.  

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver Second hand (looking for a new driver)

:taylormade-small: M2 Tour 3-wood (savior club)

:taylormade-small: M1 Irons 5-PW

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy wedges inherited from my Father-in-Law 52,56,60

:ping-small: Tyne 2 Straight Arc

:Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos: 

I have very strong arc: I posted the results of my putter fitting in unofficial reviews if you wanna check it out. Interesting thing for me was, my face stays square relative to path. I was already playing a blade, but my new fitted putter has 30 degrees of toe hang compared to my old putter that had 90.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

Strong arc. Get the ping app to get started before you go further as a place to start.

• :taylormade-small: Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • :taylormade-small:Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  •  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft set to flat with weights set to fade.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 and 56.14 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • Go back and forth between :cameron-small: Select Newport 2 putter 34 inch length and :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne putter 33 inch length
  • Bridgestone B X.

• 3 months later...
I naturally cut my putts.  I’m not sure how that would fit in.  
Over the years I worked on developing an arc stroke. 
I’m not sure SBST is natural. 

It would still fit one of those types, yours would be tilted to the left if you are a right handed golfer.

I was always an extreme Arc putter which was natural for me. In fact a lot of the old timers back in the day my old man included said I had a "flaw" in my stroke. But I was one heck of a putter. I had sorta gotten away from that messing with SBST with Super Stroke grips etc. Got to rolling the ball decent but had a knack for pushing right of target. I did a lot of putting during my recovery and for once in my life did some in depth analysis. figured it out with my plumb bob and alignment sticks which is really deep for me. Found out that I was stuck between two methods and in short leaving the face open at impact and fanning it open. Went back to my basics with an old Iron Master putter with a stock wrap grip. Found out something for me I always thought I rotated the face closed with my hands found out actually my wrists rotated. So now I am using one of my old Iron Master putters with stock wrap grip. Now with my hands I am using a claw grip because it does relax my hands but rotate my wrists. Seems to be working well.

Going back to the open face thing. I had spotted the problem right off with the sticks but do not trust my eyes any more. Had a friend watch. Also taped an ordinary pencil to the toe of an Ironmaster type with a SS grip. When I got through the stroke I had him pull  a string and mark with a tee the path of the toe and center. Yep I was fanning it open. Did the same experiment with a regular gripped Ironmaster and my SS gripped Santa Fe. Found out I was keeping it flared open. The way I found out I rotated the wrists was took a sharpie and marked my wrists and looked at the position after I struck the ball. Found out also that if I gripped the putter conventional style I guess my nerves and meds cause me to move the face all over the place. Because I rotate my wrists I can use the claw grip with my hands. I have been using the claw on and off for 2 years now and it feels absolutely comfortable to me. In conclusion the wrist rotation thing is natural for me and come under the heading of some things can not be taught.  My golf game has always been based on doing what comes natural to me.  I have had folks ask me over the years to teach me stuff and it is hard to do when you really don't know the nuts or bolts of it yourself. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Looking at the data so far it appears that most people are a slight arch but not fitted. This interests me, how many really are slight arch and not a SBST or even a cut? This would be a great study. Take 10-100 of the people that vote that they're a slight arch and not fitted. Get them fit for a putter to see how accurate their perception of their stroke is. 

GO GET FIT FOR YOUR PUTTERS!

• Driver-:titelist-small: TSi 3 9*( Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 65)
  • 3W- :cobra-small:Cobra Speedzone (Oban Isawa Red 04 Stiff 75) 14*
  • 3H-:cobra-small: Speedzone (UST Recoil 480 ESX (F4)
  • 5-A-:mizuno-small: Mizuno JPX Hot Metal Pro (Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff) 22*-50*
  • 56*-:taylormade-small: MG3
  • 60*-:vokey-small: SM8
  • Putter-:taylormade-small: Spider GT 35"
  • Ball- ProV1X :titelist-small: or :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS
  • Range Finder- Bushnell Tour V4 Jolt Shift With Slope Patriot Pack
  • Bags-:titelist-small: Camo Players 4 Plus Stand Bag or :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 in red, white, and blue
  • Spikes-:nike-small:,:footjoy-small:,:cobra-small:

Looking at the data so far it appears that most people are a slight arch but not fitted. This interests me, how many really are slight arch and not a SBST or even a cut? This would be a great study. Take 10-100 of the people that vote that they're a slight arch and not fitted. Get them fit for a putter to see how accurate their perception of their stroke is. 

GO GET FIT FOR YOUR PUTTERS!

People who say they are SBST most likely have a slight arc since SBST is almost impossible without manipulation. I have a left biased stroke (what you call a “cut”) and it has an arc. You can also be biased to the right.

Additionally I would bet that some of those not fitted follow the mentality that the are “feel” players and that a fitting would mess them up.

54 minutes ago, cnosil said:

People who say they are SBST most likely have a slight arc since SBST is almost impossible without manipulation. I have a left biased stroke (what you call a “cut”) and it has an arc. You can also be biased to the right.

Additionally I would bet that some of those not fitted follow the mentality that the are “feel” players and that a fitting would mess them up.

My intention is to see how many are paying for putters that are not designed for their swing type. I have the same stroke path as you, out to in with a slight arc. However, at point of impact my clubface is open at 0.1 degrees. So in my case I was fit for either a blade or mallet with a slight toe hang. I'm sure the "feel" guys will feel a lot happier when they sink more putts. 

• 5-A-:mizuno-small: Mizuno JPX Hot Metal Pro (Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff) 22*-50*
  • Bags-:titelist-small: Camo Players 4 Plus Stand Bag or :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 in red, white, and blue

2 hours ago, DevilDog29 said:

My intention is to see how many are paying for putters that are not designed for their swing type. I have the same stroke path as you, out to in with a slight arc. However, at point of impact my clubface is open at 0.1 degrees. So in my case I was fit for either a blade or mallet with a slight toe hang. I'm sure the "feel" guys will feel a lot happier when they sink more putts. 

Probably a lot.  putter fitting is a strange thing and people get really tied to putters.   They will agree that full swing and wedges need fitting but disagree with the putter.  I just like you have the face a bit open at impact.    Some great putters are feel players and knowing the details of their stroke would mess with their head.   Ben Crenshaw never wanted to be fit for a putter or know his "numbers"  and he was a decent putter.  

Probably a lot.  putter fitting is a strange thing and people get really tied to putters.   They will agree that full swing and wedges need fitting but disagree with the putter.  I just like you have the face a bit open at impact.    Some great putters are feel players and knowing the details of their stroke would mess with their head.   Ben Crenshaw never wanted to be fit for a putter or know his "numbers"  and he was a decent putter.  

I could agree that a professional may know exactly what feels right to them. For the average amateur I think their is great reward for getting fit.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

This is a tough one,,,,, I used the PING fitting app and it said I have an "ARC" and the recommendation was a plumbers Anser2, which is what I have used 75% of my golfing life. But 9 years ago I went to a heel shafted putter and have never putted better.

If I had to vote, it would "inconsistent" since it goes from arc to slight to straight back, sometimes all three in one round!

DRIVER: default_cobra-small.jpg.125f3712aad21ad9f7ca2c672e34a299.jpg  Cobra F-8 set at 10.5,  Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 (R) 44 1/2 "

3 & 5 WOOD: default_callaway-small.jpg.a58e7c6760b71a9eb95d385ecc5d2200.jpg Callaway XR-16, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 Red (R) 

IRONS 5-SW: default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-700, 2 upright, std loft  Alta CB (R) + 1/2"

HYBRID 3-4:  default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-410, 1 upright,  Alta CB 70 Red (R) + 1/2"

PUTTER: Byron Experimental GSS

This is a tough one,,,,, I used the PING fitting app and it said I have an "ARC"

And this is another issue...terminology. The ping app doesn’t measure the path on which the putter travels which is the normal definition for arc. The ping app measures putter head rotation.

Ok... So putting is one reason I joined.  I had ideas, and thoughts, and wanted to vent, and get feedback and other POV. 

Here is my thing on this:

I got fit at Club Champion last summer.  Did the SAM thing.  Slight arc going back, then straightening out past the ball.  stroke was really consistent.  Then SAM spat out it's data about what putter type and balance I should be using.  Face Balanced Blade.  Not many of those exist.  Bettinardi makes one, kind of an Anser style with a long neck.  Carbon Putters makes one.  Beyond that, all the "face balanced 'blade'" are largish variations of the classic head. 

They bent my Ping Vault Voss to match what the computer said.  1 Degree Flat, and 5 deg loft.  Never could figure how to hit it after that.  I'm going to have them bend it back.

My issue is, I putt better with an school blade putter.  Think Phil or Wilson 8802.  When I forward press with a standard plumbers neck or face balanced putter, face shuts, and I can't hit a trash can.  These blade putters are for a strong arc, which I don't have.  But I can control the head and have better stroke.  I still don't make more or less, but I'm not stressed out over a putt.

So I have decided to abandon the fitting info, and go to what "feels good". 

But now I have the computer info, and my own feelings, and they don't match.  I'm in a dark putting place.  Grrr....

A good Golfer is someone who loves the game and all that comes with it.  A good Player is someone who can score.

Not all players are good golfers.  Be a good Golfer.

• Driver - Taylormade TSi 3
  • 3W - Titlest 917 F
  • 3H - Taylormade Sim2 19.5
  • 4H - Taylormade Sim2 22.5
  • 5-P - In Transition
  • 50/54/58 - Titlest SM 8
  • Putter(s) - Ping Vault Voss / Ping Milled Anser / Odyssey Tour Black series #8 / Ping Vault 2 B60 / Scotty Cameraon Newport 2 Button Back  (I HAVE ISSUES WITH PUTTERS!!!!!)

Ok... So putting is one reason I joined.  I had ideas, and thoughts, and wanted to vent, and get feedback and other POV. 
Here is my thing on this:
I got fit at Club Champion last summer.  Did the SAM thing.  Slight arc going back, then straightening out past the ball.  stroke was really consistent.  Then SAM spat out it's data about what putter type and balance I should be using.  Face Balanced Blade.  Not many of those exist.  Bettinardi makes one, kind of an Anser style with a long neck.  Carbon Putters makes one.  Beyond that, all the "face balanced 'blade'" are largish variations of the classic head. 
They bent my Ping Vault Voss to match what the computer said.  1 Degree Flat, and 5 deg loft.  Never could figure how to hit it after that.  I'm going to have them bend it back.
My issue is, I putt better with an school blade putter.  Think Phil or Wilson 8802.  When I forward press with a standard plumbers neck or face balanced putter, face shuts, and I can't hit a trash can.  These blade putters are for a strong arc, which I don't have.  But I can control the head and have better stroke.  I still don't make more or less, but I'm not stressed out over a putt.
So I have decided to abandon the fitting info, and go to what "feels good". 
But now I have the computer info, and my own feelings, and they don't match.  I'm in a dark putting place.  Grrr....

Start a thread and you will get a bit more feedback.

Several ways to do a putter fitting. Puttlab and the like capture great data, but is the recommendation good? It
Is an algorithm and if you switch putters you may not get the same recommendation. I prefer an understanding of the core data and then having a knowledgeable fitter review the data and make recommendations. There are a few face balanced blades out there; some with double bend and some with longer flow or plumbers necks.

I voted slight arc not fitted. I used the Ping App and went through their putt analysis. It indicated i had a slight arc and that I would benefit from a putter with a 69° lie angle and 4° of loft. I'm curious if anyone has any experience with the accuracy of the app.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

I voted slight arc not fitted. I used the Ping App and went through their putt analysis. It indicated i had a slight arc and that I would benefit from a putter with a 69° lie angle and 4° of loft. I'm curious if anyone has any experience with the accuracy of the app.

Accuracy in what way? It measures rotation, tempo, and shaft info and provides a recommendation based on the programmed algorithm. Assuming that you set it up correctly it is accurate for what it provides.