Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Elbow Brace Suggestions

So ive started to develop tendentious or tennis/golfers elbow. Its not terrible but between work and golf i need to be proactive. I believe that it is mostly a result of poor mechanics. I didnt play the last hole Sat cause pain was too bad. Changed my grip and swing a bit. Finished 18 on Sunday, scored about the same, and actually felt better than when i started. Im gonna try an elbow brace/strap/sleve. There seems to be a pretty large variety of these things. So my question to you guys is, which ones have worked for you? Which ones should i avoid? 

Mavrik Max Driver

M2 5W

818 hybrids

Steelhead XR Irons

ZipCore wedges

SeeMore PR M7X

2 minutes ago, Tyler86 said:

So ive started to develop tendentious or tennis/golfers elbow. Its not terrible but between work and golf i need to be proactive. I believe that it is mostly a result of poor mechanics. I didnt play the last hole Sat cause pain was too bad. Changed my grip and swing a bit. Finished 18 on Sunday, scored about the same, and actually felt better than when i started. Im gonna try an elbow brace/strap/sleve. There seems to be a pretty large variety of these things. So my question to you guys is, which ones have worked for you? Which ones should i avoid? 

Start with a generic elbow compression sleeve from your local sporting goods store.  

Rest is key too.

Long term solution may be to look into irons with graphite shafts as many have said the vibration dampening really helps prevent joint pain

14 minutes ago, Tyler86 said:

I couldn't find the thread, but someone else posted about this not too long ago...

I've had some of the same issues.  Once I realized what made the pain worse, so I stopped doing that, which was mainly using my right arm in the backswing.  However, I did buy some compression sleeves, and they seemed to help too...but @jlukes is right, the best thing is rest.

Here is a link to the sleeves I have:  https://www.amazon.com/Protection-Cooling-Arm-Sleeves-Activities/dp/B073TW7CR1/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=tough%2Boutfitters&qid=1623156018&sr=8-7&th=1 

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗
1 hour ago, jlukes said:

Start with a generic elbow compression sleeve from your local sporting goods store.  

Rest is key too.

Long term solution may be to look into irons with graphite shafts as many have said the vibration dampening really helps prevent joint pain

+1 on all three. I’m just getting over tennis elbow (from golf). I’ve done rest, ice, forearm brace, etc. I noticed my elbow hurt the most when I woke up every morning, just assumed it was stiffness from being inactive or pressure on my shoulder. A neighbor PT told me holding my wrist bent all the way back can aggravate tennis elbow, and she told me to wear a wrist brace to keep my wrist straight when not playing golf. So I did that for the the last three weeks, especially when sleeping, and my tennis elbow is almost completely gone now. Evidently I was overextending my wrist(s) while asleep. Probably won’t help everyone, but maybe some.

wrist-extension.jpg?w=500

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

Here is what I used.  https://www.amazon.com/Mueller-Tennis-Elbow-Support-Black/dp/B0027VOS8U/ref=sr_1_6?crid=309TNTXK0FVS9&dchild=1&keywords=tennis+elbow+brace+with+gel+pad&qid=1623711973&rdc=1&sprefix=tennis+elbow+brace+with+%2Caps%2C180&sr=8-6

I didn't just wear it playing golf.  I wore it 7 days a week, wore it to work, wore it doing anything and everything.  It took a while but I did not give up playing golf.  I think the secret to it is wearing it almost constantly.

Good luck

WITB

Driver - Taylormade M6

3wd - Taylormade RBZ

Hybrids - Taylormade RBZ

Irons - Taylormade RSi1

Putter - Macgregor Smoothie