My Golf Spy Ball Lab Report- Titleist Pro V 1

Golfspy_CG2

This is probably truly a case of saving the best for last, or well maybe near the last.  No surprises here, but it's always nice to know that a company that touts quality is living up to it.

https://mygolfspy.com/titleist-pro-v1-review/#comment-696521

Titleist_Pro_V1_alt2.jpg

• Like 7

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

30 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

This is probably truly a case of saving the best for last, or well maybe near the last.  No surprises here, but it's always nice to know that a company that touts quality is living up to it.

https://mygolfspy.com/titleist-pro-v1-review/#comment-696521

Titleist_Pro_V1_alt2.jpg

This now pushes the top 6 as all Titleist, talk about someone living up to the hype

• Like 2

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Left Dash Pro V1x| Right Handed 

Good thing I picked up 4 dozen from lost golf balls

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S 

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter 

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (may dabble in :titelist-small: proV1 at some point)

Obviously someone is getting paid under the table to push Titleist golf balls!

There, now that's out of the way as a crazed response, here's the takeaway I have. Titleist does what they say they're going to do. If you are looking for a consistent ball and one of them happen to be the best fit for what you're looking for in a ball, congrats and know you're going to going to get a quality ball across the board. I also think we need to maybe have a non-Titleist award for some companies because it's clear there's levels to this game and Titleist is just above everyone else at the minute.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX119 18* Hybrid, Projext X Evenflow Blue, 6.0

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

SIK Golf Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

2 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

There, now that's out of the way as a crazed response, here's the takeaway I have.

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

24 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

There, now that's out of the way as a crazed response, here's the takeaway I have. Titleist does what they say they're going to do. If you are looking for a consistent ball and one of them happen to be the best fit for what you're looking for in a ball, congrats and know you're going to going to get a quality ball across the board. I also think we need to maybe have a non-Titleist award for some companies because it's clear there's levels to this game and Titleist is just above everyone else at the minute.

Maybe a Flighted Testing 🙂 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Maybe a Flighted Testing 🙂 

Like, it seems that way Rob, a Titleist division and a not Titleist division, and this is not a slam on other companies, it just seems like the process by the boys in Massachusetts just dwarfs for consistency any other company.

• Like 3

SIK Golf Flo-C

5 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Like, it seems that way Rob, a Titleist division and a not Titleist division, and this is not a slam on other companies, it just seems like the process by the boys in Massachusetts just dwarfs for consistency any other company.

Yep, and truly not trying to hype them here, but the fact that nearly 80% of all pro tour players play their ball, says something, and I don't want to hear--not from you but the critics--that it's pay to play doing that.    It really isn't  they are by far the top choice of non contracted players playing their ball and it's more than the others combined.   When you are at that level, and heck any level you want to be confident the ball you are playing is round and not defective inside.   it's simple as that. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

I saw Tony's tweet yesterday about how Titleist and Foremost are running away with the Ball Lab results for quality. I really want to make a comment about how 'if Tour players are ok playing lower-quality balls, then it must be good enough for me,' but I know that the Tour player shipments are getting extra inspection. For example, and apologies that I can't pull the source anymore because it disappears after 24 hours, but Srixon re-posted a story on Instagram that showed boxes and boxes of Z-Star XVs that were all stamped "Tour Inspected," so presumably they're not going to get the same percentage of "bad" balls that Tony is finding. 

I love the XV and I love the MTB-X, but I can't help but wonder if the consistency in my game of late is because I was given a couple dozen ProV1x balls and I really just haven't had any squirrely shots, other than the ones I know I mis-hit. (Or am I just in a stretch of playing well and I wouldn't have any issue with XVs either? Who knows...)

• Like 4

Driver: :cobra-small: RADspeed 9* with Motore X F1 60S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff
Wet/Soft: 3i-PW
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged, KBS Tour-V 110S
Hard/Fast: 4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S

52*, 58* :cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Modus3 Tour 115
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier 11s

Ball: I'll try anything with a urethane cover
Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer (2018) in black/white/copper

Using :Arccos: to keep track of my shots
:SuperSpeed:

All clubs RH

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review

12 minutes ago, greggarner said:

I saw Tony's tweet yesterday about how Titleist and Foremost are running away with the Ball Lab results for quality. I really want to make a comment about how 'if Tour players are ok playing lower-quality balls, then it must be good enough for me,' but I know that the Tour player shipments are getting extra inspection. For example, and apologies that I can't pull the source anymore because it disappears after 24 hours, but Srixon re-posted a story on Instagram that showed boxes and boxes of Z-Star XVs that were all stamped "Tour Inspected," so presumably they're not going to get the same percentage of "bad" balls that Tony is finding. 

I love the XV and I love the MTB-X, but I can't help but wonder if the consistency in my game of late is because I was given a couple dozen ProV1x balls and I really just haven't had any squirrely shots, other than the ones I know I mis-hit. (Or am I just in a stretch of playing well and I wouldn't have any issue with XVs either? Who knows...)

Good shots are you,  Bad Shots are the club or balls.  I've gone with that theory for several years 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, greggarner said:

See Greg, that's kind of where I am in my search to compare the Ball Lab Data with my game and what I need. Like V1X just works and I'd love to try the Wilson Staff Model as that ball appears to be pretty similar and even a little higher spinning which for me is a Yahtzee as a low spin player... but then I think about consistency and that there really isn't a difference in price between them to force me away from V1X. They just make an all around solid ball and when you factor in the buy 3 get 1 special that gets cost down to 37.50 a box, it's hard to say no.

• Like 3

SIK Golf Flo-C

No surprises in the report. The prov1 is the ball that really changes the ball and everyone is just second loser

• Like 3

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Good shots are you,  Bad Shots are the club or balls.  I've gone with that theory for several years 🙂

I totally agree Rob!

There is never any user error when you are low to mid handicapper… 🤣🤣🤣

We always hit it flush and with a tour trajectory if it wasn’t for anomalies with our golf ball. 😂😂😂

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

:titelist-small:  TSi 3   9.0  Raw White 65 Stiff

:titelist-small:  917 F2 16.5 3W Diamana 60  Reg

:titelist-small: TS3 21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff 

:titelist-small:  4 iron 716 AP2 - DG 300 AMT Reg

Haywood  5-PW iron Signature - DG S300 Stiff

:taylormade-small:  52 - 09 Tour Preferred EF  - KBS Tour Wedge 

Haywood   56 - 12 KBS Tour Wedge

:taylormade-small:  60 - 10 Tour Preferred - KBS Tour Wedge 

:titelist-small:  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2

:srixon-small: Z-Star 

image.png.1cf0013c54bf0f68066ba2034c7799d0.png 

:Arccos: Official MGS Tester 2021

There’s a reason Titleist maintains a death grip on the "No. 1 ball in golf" title year after year after year: Its products perform. Best of all, the company continually pushes the innovation envelope. The ProV1 is all that it’s cracked up to be, delivering top-notch distance, playability and greenside spin.🎤

• Like 1