Testers Announced! Vokey SM10 Wedges! ×

GOLF SWING

5 minutes ago, IMMORTAL said:

SUGGESTIONS

Get a lesson

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Fix your backswing. There’s a number of reasons that cause this. Just saying you come out of the shot doesn’t mean anything. That’s a symptom and compensation for something else in the swing and is necessary for you to make contact with the ball. If you didn’t do that you would miss the ball.

Find an instructor to work with to fix your swing.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

On 11/10/2021 at 9:09 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

Fix your backswing. There’s a number of reasons that cause this. Just saying you come out of the shot doesn’t mean anything. That’s a symptom and compensation for something else in the swing and is necessary for you to make contact with the ball. If you didn’t do that you would miss the ball.

Find an instructor to work with to fix your swing.

Advocating for the instructor/lesson route as well. Because there are so many possible reasons that could be causing this, without actually seeing what you're doing, nobody on here can give you a precise tip or drill that will focus on your precise issue. So spending the money to get a lesson or two will save you about a year's worth of trial and error scouring the internet, testing things out, etc.

Case in point, for my slice, I looked everywhere for opinions and spent forever on my own trying to fix my backswing... ended up fixing it in less than a week because of a single tip that my stance was too narrow. Now, literally because of an extra 4-5 inches of space between my feet, I comfortably hit straight shots or baby draws. I would never have figured that out without someone's help and would have kept blindly focusing on my upper body.

Rag tag bag, but it does the job. 

Taylormade R1 driver.

Ping G400 3 wood.

Cleveland Halo Launcher 3 hybrid.

Cleveland CBX launcher irons (5-PW). 

Assorted wedges (48, 52, 58).

Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 putter.

4 minutes ago, MNUte said:

Case in point, for my slice, I looked everywhere for opinions and spent forever on my own trying to fix my backswing... ended up fixing it in less than a week because of a single tip that my stance was too narrow. Now, literally because of an extra 4-5 inches of space between my feet, I comfortably hit straight shots or baby draws. I would never have figured that out without someone's help and would have kept blindly focusing on my upper body.

This is so important. I spent almost 2 years trying YouTube tips to fix a banana slice. One lesson with a pro was all it took, and it was a simple setup issue. Nothing related to grip or takeaway or equipment or anything else. Having an experienced set of eyes on you is invaluable. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game