Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

One thing I don't really understand about the LIV defectors is the complaints that the grind of the PGA Tour season is too much but they're freely joining a league where they'll need to travel all over the globe 14+ times a year with Norman's plan being to turn LIV into golf's version of Formula 1 with 20+ events all over the globe. If 15+ events is already too much just around the USA, what are they going to do if they're traveling all over the world 20 times a year. It's not like they'll have the freedom of picking when they'll play if they're one of the big draws on the LIV tour. Also doesn't leave much time for spending all that extra time with their families like they're saying their moves are for either. Formula 1 drivers and teams have been complaining for years about the increase in number of events and travel all over the globe as it's really difficult on the teams spending so much time away from their families and the grind of so much travel. All that talk of independent contractors becomes even more BS when you hear about Norman's plan to have teams run by sponsors at the highest bidder. So the players have no choice in who sponsors their team or themselves. Norman's going to turn them into the world's most expensive showponies. And the worst part is that these guys are buying his garbage. Regardless of their feelings on the way the PGA Tour is run, they had so much more freedom and independence in selecting their schedules on the PGA Tour than they will ever have with LIV. Graeme McDowell already had to skip his own home Open because it conflicted with the LIV event. Yeah some of them had commitments they needed to make with their sponsors to play certain events but at least they got to choose their sponsors.

It's just such a shame, imo, how much Greg Norman has brainwashed these guys into believing this is somehow a better option for them. And obviously their agents are going for it because why wouldn't they when they'll make so much more in commission off those huge LIV contracts. Doesn't have anything to do with what's best for the players in the long run. Just what's best for them in the short term. I honestly feel like this is the beginning of the end of my interest in professional golf and it really just makes me sad.

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

1 hour ago, FrogginBullfish said:

One thing I don't really understand about the LIV defectors is the complaints that the grind of the PGA Tour season is too much but they're freely joining a league where they'll need to travel all over the globe 14+ times a year with Norman's plan being to turn LIV into golf's version of Formula 1 with 20+ events all over the globe. If 15+ events is already too much just around the USA, what are they going to do if they're traveling all over the world 20 times a year.

I think it is something we will have to just wait and see how it plays out.  Not many tour players are playing 15 times a year,  most are in the 30 times range to secure FedEx standings,  30x4(rounds of golf) is a lot more then 15x3. 

But also,  we don't know if the contracts they all have require that they play every event or some percent or number. 

It also looks like they are doing at least a couple weeks between events every time,  which is something that players have to like.  we all know the lighter schedule is nice,  but without the crazy money this wouldn't be happening.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

1 hour ago, Thin2win said:

but without the crazy money this wouldn't be happening.

... I know it has been said more than a few times but if a LIV player just said "yea, there are certainly some issues I am struggling with but I just could not turn down the money. I left the PGA/DP tour for the crazy money they are quite literally giving away" I imagine more would at least have some respect for them. It is the justifying the 54 hole, shotgun start exhibitions as growing the game, along with never meant to hurt the other tours and upset they may lose out on Majors or playing for their country that just rub many the wrong way. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

Is it really crazy money or getting more in line with other crazy money (average salaries) of other pro sports?  For the record, I think most pro sport revenues and salaries are complete lunacy. 

NBA $4.3M

MLB $3.5M

NFL $2.7M

NHL $2.7M

PGA $1.5M

MLS $0.47M

Euro Tour $0.26M

Asia Tour $0.17M

So a dead last place finish in all 15 LIV events earns more than the current tour average. I'm not saying that's good or bad but it's not that hard to understand why players are choosing this path.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

32 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Is it really crazy money or getting more in line with other crazy money (average salaries) of other pro sports?  For the record, I think most pro sport revenues and salaries are complete lunacy. 

NBA $4.3M

MLB $3.5M

NFL $2.7M

NHL $2.7M

PGA $1.5M

MLS $0.47M

Euro Tour $0.26M

Asia Tour $0.17M

So a dead last place finish in all 15 LIV events earns more than the current tour average. I'm not saying that's good or bad but it's not that hard to understand why players are choosing this path.  

I bet the caddies are happy.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

7 hours ago, premiernc said:

Am I missing something here? Finally there is a better option for professional golf. Do baseball players and football players not play to win because they are paid to be there? Every one of these guys deserves to be paid to play whether or not they win, the same model as every other sport. Didn't the PGA tour get mad as heck at Tiger because he was getting paid to play and they didn't like it so they banned it? Just my 2 cents worth.

They do: Play 15 events get paid 50k.

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

All this talk rests with the Judge if when that happens, now the biggest problem with that is what biases that Judge has because they determine who wins. Many years ago I studied Law in Sydney in relation to Recovering Bad Debt, some of it involved Case Law and I was staggered at some decisions that were made. But i got hooked on studying case law and bought a few books on it, I would suggest either side could win and appeals infinitely and the Lawyers would be the winners.... All because of "ego"

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

9 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

And a lot of those going to live realized their abilities to make the money they are accustomed to was dwindling so they took the guaranteed money.

So far every one of the defectors fits in that category due to age, middling ability and/or injuries except DJ, maybe Ancer. And more than half of the LIV players are still no names. 

“LIV: Golf, only louder” Not what I’m looking for at all. YMMV

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • LAB DF3 w Accra
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 001 F (mesh), Payntr X 005 F, Ecco Biom C4

8 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

One thing I don't really understand about the LIV defectors is the complaints that the grind of the PGA Tour season is too much but they're freely joining a league where they'll need to travel all over the globe 14+ times a year with Norman's plan being to turn LIV into golf's version of Formula 1 with 20+ events all over the globe. If 15+ events is already too much just around the USA, what are they going to do if they're traveling all over the world 20 times a year.

Most have to play 25+. 15 is the minimum to qualify for the 50k, they actually have to play in 25 unless they meet certain criteria. those with lifetime membership can skip out on the requirement to play in an event they sl haven’t played in the past 3 or 5 years. If they choose to play an event like that they don’t need to play 25 times, but they still play closer to 20 and many will have to play close to 25 or more because if they can’t get into the FedEx playoffs or in the case of Spieth a few years back the tour championship they don’t meet the number of tournaments and they gave whatever the penalty is which I think includes having no choice but to play in an event you haven’t play recently.

The guys that are journeyman or miss a bunch of cuts have to constantly be on the road to try and make money. That is a mental and physical grind even for the most fit golfer. It’s why Tiger always had only a free tournaments in a row before he took time off.

What we don’t know is how spread apart the 20+ events on LIV will be in terms of distance or how often. If it’s around the world over 12 months that’s not a lot of consecutive weeks of golf or lots of travel in a short time. We also don’t low what’s in each players contract for how many tournaments they have to play. So it could easily be that they will have more time even though they play the ams number of events. Remember most PGA tour pros are getting their bulk of events in between January and sept with alot of that coming in March to sept.

17 hours ago, Thin2win said:

Sorry, this got really long. It happens. You can skip this, I won't feel sad.

LIV will not grow the game in the USA, it isn't good for the overall golf product in terms of putting the best players out there every week. But Greg's point in the mid 1990's was that golf is played globally, and the PGA should be doing more to grow that. LIV is letting him take the show on the road.

The money is amazing, life changing and ridiculous. And for an American player, that is the main draw. The less work is a nice bonus. For the international players, its obvious about the money too. But, LIV/Greg is offering something to them that the PGA Tour never offered, and out right declined to do. And that is to take the sport globally.

I live in Washington State, I have seen 2 PGA tour events happen in this state in my life time (41 years). It has been to this state 3 times ever. I get that events take sponsors and you aren't going to have every state with equal events played.... But the PGA tour could have come up with a few rotating spots in its schedule with the goal of getting to every state. There are 10 states that have never hosted a PGA event.... how(?!) Delaware is coming off this list this summer, go Delaware!

As an international player it is way worse, the Tour has basically said thanks for playing here, and you will be well paid, but we aren't interested in doing anything with you to help grow this game in your country. Australia, Spain, South Africa, Norway(!), etc... have golf talent that we can all name, and historical talent too and those players don't get to take their games on the biggest stage to their home countries. 

The DP world tour is starting to do more partnerships, it has co status with the Australian open this year. But that is also the DP world tour, which lets be real, its the global version of the Korn Ferry tour.

LIV might nor might not do events in those countries in the future, but it has positioned itself so that it can. And I am willing to make a large wager, that every conversation with an international player that LIV has had also includes that carrot.

"Hey Cam, I know you want to see the game grow in Australia. We know the PGA Tour has been less then helpful in getting you back there to play your national open and do anything official there. Our 5 year plan is to have 2 events a year in Australia where you get to headline and help take this great game home." -Greg

Rinse repeat for every other Int. player.

The PGA Tour does Mexico, Japan, Canada, and some Caribbean stops(4). I can't name a player from the Caribbean and it gets 4 events a year... Obviously the PGA tour goes where its sponsors want it to go. Which isn't bad, it pays the bills, but it isn't really trying to grow the game with that plan. I would say that Augusta National, a private club, has done much more to grow the game of golf in the last decade then the PGA tour. Drive Chip N Putt, and the Women's amateur are big deals.  Augusta inviting so many of the international amateur winners is also big.

So yes, for Americans, it is all about the money. For the international player, Money #1, but the possibility of taking the game home... #2 and honestly for some, it might be #1.

I doubt many if any LIV players care about this. LIV is playing most events in countries that already have pro tournaments. It’s all about the money for the LIV players. 

17 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

This coming from a guy who is opening the golfing worlds eyes to new ways of traversing a golf course... legit 👍.  Great points about what Augusta National has done in recent years.  The DC&P has been a phenomenal success and the Women's Amateur may eclipse that.

The PGA Tour is one of the leading organizations running First Tee. 

15 hours ago, Thin2win said:

I know, and I agree. There is a reason that Bandon Dunes won't ever host a BIG event.  But.....

I've been to the Puerto Rico Open, if that area can host an event, then any state has the ability to host an event. If southern states can host the SEC football games I see, I have to believe that they can host a golf event.

But I fully get that the PGA tour hosts events where sponsors want to host them, that is the main thing. That there isn't a sponsor that wants to do an even in Alaska or Idaho isn't on the PGA, but the PGA with its war chest could put on 1 event a year in a new area and that would be cool.

And I did say that the DP tour is doing more globally, but having that Tour, and those player names show up is not the PGA Tour and its player names. If LIV goes to Australia with its current player list, it would be the best field since and before the presidents cup there.

The only point of my post, was to point out that for some of the international players, their allegiance to the PGA tour is only because it was the best paying tour around. Not because it was in their countries and supporting golf where they grew up. This isn't a defense of LIV or an attack on the PGA. The PGA followed its business model and has grown that to provide substantial purses and a number of great events per year. But that is very limited to the North American continent.

I don’t see why the PGA Tour should be obligated to run events in countries all over the world. It is a U.S. organization. It’s great to work with other region’s tours on the occasional co-sponsored event or have a few big exhibitions, but it’s not on the PGA Tour to have to go move events all over the world. 

13 hours ago, premiernc said:

Am I missing something here? Finally there is a better option for professional golf. Do baseball players and football players not play to win because they are paid to be there? Every one of these guys deserves to be paid to play whether or not they win, the same model as every other sport. Didn't the PGA tour get mad as heck at Tiger because he was getting paid to play and they didn't like it so they banned it? Just my 2 cents worth.

There is a more financially lucrative option for the players. Not better for golf. These 54-hole, no-cut events certainly are not better for the fans. 

12 hours ago, GaDawg said:

Off Topic - Personally, I can't wait until College Football begins.

Go Dawgs!

After 41 Years, Georgia Bulldogs Become National Champions Again – CBS  Atlanta

This is somewhat on topic as one point to consider- ratings. Less people are as interested in watching golf in the winter.  

11 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

One thing I don't really understand about the LIV defectors is the complaints that the grind of the PGA Tour season is too much but they're freely joining a league where they'll need to travel all over the globe 14+ times a year with Norman's plan being to turn LIV into golf's version of Formula 1 with 20+ events all over the globe. If 15+ events is already too much just around the USA, what are they going to do if they're traveling all over the world 20 times a year. It's not like they'll have the freedom of picking when they'll play if they're one of the big draws on the LIV tour. Also doesn't leave much time for spending all that extra time with their families like they're saying their moves are for either. Formula 1 drivers and teams have been complaining for years about the increase in number of events and travel all over the globe as it's really difficult on the teams spending so much time away from their families and the grind of so much travel. All that talk of independent contractors becomes even more BS when you hear about Norman's plan to have teams run by sponsors at the highest bidder. So the players have no choice in who sponsors their team or themselves. Norman's going to turn them into the world's most expensive showponies. And the worst part is that these guys are buying his garbage. Regardless of their feelings on the way the PGA Tour is run, they had so much more freedom and independence in selecting their schedules on the PGA Tour than they will ever have with LIV. Graeme McDowell already had to skip his own home Open because it conflicted with the LIV event. Yeah some of them had commitments they needed to make with their sponsors to play certain events but at least they got to choose their sponsors.

It's just such a shame, imo, how much Greg Norman has brainwashed these guys into believing this is somehow a better option for them. And obviously their agents are going for it because why wouldn't they when they'll make so much more in commission off those huge LIV contracts. Doesn't have anything to do with what's best for the players in the long run. Just what's best for them in the short term. I honestly feel like this is the beginning of the end of my interest in professional golf and it really just makes me sad.

I think those LIV player talking points are BS. They just don’t want to say they are doing it just for the money. 

I don’t see this team concept working long term. It doesn’t fit in pro golf tournaments. It is awesome for the Ryder Cup because there is a connection with the teams- playing for your country. Just having randomly picked sponsor teams isn’t so compelling to me. 

6 minutes ago, LICC said:

This is somewhat on topic as one point to consider- ratings. Less people are as interested in watching golf in the winter.  

Not sure that’s true for the millions who can’t play in winter. I know when I lived up north and couldn’t play golf, watching golf on TV was a plus. I was less likely to watch when I had the option to play myself. Maybe anecdotal, maybe not.

• Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • LAB DF3 w Accra
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

5 minutes ago, Middler said:

Not sure that’s true for the millions who can’t play in winter. I know when I lived up north and couldn’t play golf, watching golf on TV was a plus. I was less likely to watch when I had the option to play myself. Maybe anecdotal, maybe not.

Once college football and the NFL seasons start, Saturdays and Sundays ratings for any other sport drop. 

21 hours ago, shootmyage said:

the pga will lose in court , the only chance they would have  is to make all active players employees , give the  150 starting players each $5000 for the week ( $750,000 )  , if they make the cut money they earn  is just gravy 

I agree.  The key is this IMO.  The PGA is attempting to enforce a contract on the players, who meeting certain criteria are in essence "volunteering" to participate in an activity, that they are NOT being paid a salary to participate in by the organizer of the activity(PGA).   If they beat other people volunteering to participate, who also meet the entry requirements then they win a prize, they are still not paid a salary.  Again IMO the PGA clearly put this rule in place, and are banning players from coming back to PGA events, as a scare tactic, and trying to "threaten" people who they believe are their employees but in fact are not.  They are volunteers.

I believe that the PGA is trying to control how volunteer participants can make money.  To say that the PGA has a product is not true.  The PGA Runs volunteer golf "charity" events, for which they have established entry requirements, for participants.  To try and say that a "volunteer" participant can't use his abilities to be paid elsewhere, and then if he still meets the requirements of entry, based on ability for your "volunteer" golf tournaments, where the entrants can win a prize is discriminatory. 

If the PGA was paying the PGA players who play in their events a salary, then they would be a business, and would have to give up their "charity" status, and pay taxes on their Billion Dollars of income. 

I can't hold a  weekly charity golf tournament, where I have a backer, who donates prize money every week, where I set the criteria at participants must have shot a verifiable score of 85, in order to participate.   I'm not employing these people they just have a chance to win a prize.   I have everyone sign my waiver, which clearly says that by playing in my "charity event",  you can't be paid for playing golf in any other way, or you can't come back and try to win my tournament in the future.  If the criteria for my tournament is still only that someone shoot an 85, I can not discriminate against someone who can verify a score of 85, becasue somone else was willing to pay them to show up and play, and perhaps win an additional prize.  

I believe the Justice Dept. or the Dept. of Labor  will find that to try and prevent players from participating in your volunteer participation, and maybe you'll win a prize tournaments,  because they chose not to exclusively volunteer to participate in the PGA's.  It is trying to enfoce a contract, for which the players are not being given any garunteed compensation.  

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Hybrid:  Callaway Apex Pro 2H 

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 

Putter:  Ping  Scottsdale Wolverine

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

45 minutes ago, stuka44 said:

I agree.  The key is this IMO.  The PGA is attempting to enforce a contract on the players, who meeting certain criteria are in essence "volunteering" to participate in an activity, that they are NOT being paid a salary to participate in by the organizer of the activity(PGA).   If they beat other people volunteering to participate, who also meet the entry requirements then they win a prize, they are still not paid a salary.  Again IMO the PGA clearly put this rule in place, and are banning players from coming back to PGA events, as a scare tactic, and trying to "threaten" people who they believe are their employees but in fact are not.  They are volunteers.

I believe that the PGA is trying to control how volunteer participants can make money.  To say that the PGA has a product is not true.  The PGA Runs volunteer golf "charity" events, for which they have established entry requirements, for participants.  To try and say that a "volunteer" participant can't use his abilities to be paid elsewhere, and then if he still meets the requirements of entry, based on ability for your "volunteer" golf tournaments, where the entrants can win a prize is discriminatory. 

If the PGA was paying the PGA players who play in their events a salary, then they would be a business, and would have to give up their "charity" status, and pay taxes on their Billion Dollars of income. 

I can't hold a  weekly charity golf tournament, where I have a backer, who donates prize money every week, where I set the criteria at participants must have shot a verifiable score of 85, in order to participate.   I'm not employing these people they just have a chance to win a prize.   I have everyone sign my waiver, which clearly says that by playing in my "charity event",  you can't be paid for playing golf in any other way, or you can't come back and try to win my tournament in the future.  If the criteria for my tournament is still only that someone shoot an 85, I can not discriminate against someone who can verify a score of 85, becasue somone else was willing to pay them to show up and play, and perhaps win an additional prize.  

I believe the Justice Dept. or the Dept. of Labor  will find that to try and prevent players from participating in your volunteer participation, and maybe you'll win a prize tournaments,  because they chose not to exclusively volunteer to participate in the PGA's.  It is trying to enfoce a contract, for which the players are not being given any garunteed compensation.  

the volunteers i was talking about is the people watching where golf balls go , picking up junk etc, as far as what i think if the pga would make every pga player a employee , give them $7500 for the week if they play ( i said $5000 before , that's not enough ) if they make the cut that's gravy . as far as the $50,000 if they play 15 rounds , that would cover a little over 1/2 their expenses,a lot of the players that did not make the cut will be broke before they get in 15 rounds , some of them could be great golfers if they had a little help .i will add , i guess the $50000/15 rounds is paid to the players that made the cut and play 4 days , i don't know ., i do believe the pga would have a better chance of winning a lawsuit .

Edited by shootmyage

1 hour ago, stuka44 said:

They are not volunteers. The players are members who sign a contract in order to have that membership and thus be eligible for potentially lucrative careers through prize money earnings. If they don't want to abide by the terms of the membership, they can go play someplace else.

Edited by LICC

The key is this IMO.  The PGA is attempting to enforce a contract on the players, who meeting certain criteria are in essence "volunteering" to participate in an activity, that they are NOT being paid a salary to participate in by the organizer of the activity(PGA).

You clearly don’t understand the structure of the pga tour and the players. They are members of the Tory. They have a member contract that has stated rules for membership and participation in events. They are being paid for their success. It’s income no different than any other employee, contractor or self employed person earns for work.

If they beat other people volunteering to participate, who also meet the entry requirements then they win a prize, they are still not paid a salary.  Again IMO the PGA clearly put this rule in place, and are banning players from coming back to PGA events, as a scare tactic, and trying to "threaten" people who they believe are their employees but in fact are not.  They are volunteers.

The PGA tour has had the opposite field exemption requirement in place for a very long time and each player understands this. They have all filed for them at some point to play in an opposing event. The difference between that situation and the one with LIV is that those other events weren’t trying to destroy the PGA tour’s business. The PGA tour is simply telling its members you have a binding membership contract that you either honor or you will face the penalties stipulated in that contract.

The players want their cake and eat it too. As stated none of them have filed a lawsuit, which at least on the surface indicates their legal teams advised against it because of the contract they signed. Several have decided to terminate their membership, which again indicates they probably don’t have a legal standing to challenge the PGA tours stance of upholding the membership contract.

41 minutes ago, shootmyage said:

the volunteers i was talking about is the people watching where golf balls go , picking up junk etc, as far as what i think if the pga would make every pga player a employee , give them $7500 for the week if they play ( i said $5000 before , that's not enough ) if they make the cut that's gravy . as far as the $50,000 if they play 15 rounds , that would cover a little over 1/2 their expenses,a lot of the players that did not make the cut will be broke before they get in 15 rounds , some of them could be great golfers if they had a little help .i will add , i guess the $50000/15 rounds is paid to the players that made the cut and play 4 days , i don't know ., i do believe the pga would have a better chance of winning a lawsuit .

You clearly aren’t repaid what’s posted. It’s not 15 rounds it’s 15 events. The $50 isn’t to guarantee them a living and there’s no guarantee for any contractor or self employed person to earn a living. They have to do the work to make money. In the case of the PGA tour that means making the 36 or 54 hole cut depending on the event. 

I've been hearing the rumors on this and am quite surprised he would leave.  His "Feherty show" is quite popular and he's solidified himself as a top shelf broadcaster at NBC.  No doubt money driven.  I'm hoping we get to see the numbers that go along with his and others decisions to make the leap.

David Feherty Is Leaving NBC For LIV Golf, and That's No Laughing Matter - Morning Read (si.com)  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

It is trying to enfoce a contract, for which the players are not being given any garunteed compensation. 

As I remember my very limited education in contracts, each party needs to get something of value from the other.  The contract that PGA Tour members sign requires that the member agree to abide by certain requirements, one of which is to apply for permission to play in conflicting events, another is to compete in a minimum number of tournaments.  In return for a promise to abide by the PGA Tour requirements, the players receive an opportunity to make money, an opportunity that is not made available to the general public.  That IS something of value, even if there is no guarantee of payment.  It seems logical that if the player's don't want to abide by the terms of tour membership, they shouldn't be "given" the opportunities that go along with membership.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Interesting with the recent success kokrak has had on tour that he would jump ship.

No surprise that chucky three sticks and stenson left. Ch3 has some serious ball striking skills that never turned into a bunch of wins. Stenson like many of the others is at the end of his window for weekly contention

51 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

You clearly don’t understand the structure of the pga tour and the players. They are members of the Tory. They have a member contract that has stated rules for membership and participation in events. They are being paid for their success. It’s income no different than any other employee, contractor or self employed person earns for work.

The PGA tour has had the opposite field exemption requirement in place for a very long time and each player understands this. They have all filed for them at some point to play in an opposing event. The difference between that situation and the one with LIV is that those other events weren’t trying to destroy the PGA tour’s business. The PGA tour is simply telling its members you have a binding membership contract that you either honor or you will face the penalties stipulated in that contract.

The players want their cake and eat it too. As stated none of them have filed a lawsuit, which at least on the surface indicates their legal teams advised against it because of the contract they signed. Several have decided to terminate their membership, which again indicates they probably don’t have a legal standing to challenge the PGA tours stance of upholding the membership contract.

You clearly aren’t repaid what’s posted. It’s not 15 rounds it’s 15 events. The $50 isn’t to guarantee them a living and there’s no guarantee for any contractor or self employed person to earn a living. They have to do the work to make money. In the case of the PGA tour that means making the 36 or 54 hole cut depending on the event. 

thanks , i did mean events ,

3 hours ago, LICC said:

Once college football and the NFL seasons start, Saturdays and Sundays ratings for any other sport drop. 

Fair point.

• LAB DF3 w Accra
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

... If the PGA Tour had a 54 hole, no cut exhibition event in December/January when golf is scarce and with the same LIV field of players ... would we have 57 pages about it? If not I think it is pretty safe to say it is about the obscene blood money that many supporters of LIV's attempt to cripple, if not destroy the PGA Tour think is a good thing. And those not on board with LIV think obscene amounts of blood money is reprehensible from the top down.

... The next LIV exhibition is not being hosted by UNICEF or the Red Cross but by a businessman that went bankrupt 11 times, has thousands of law suits against him for not paying contractors what they agreed on and drives his golf cart on the green. LIV could not find a better poster boy for $money$ over everything else. 

7 hours ago, Bang60 said:

All this talk rests with the Judge if when that happens, now the biggest problem with that is what biases that Judge has because they determine who wins. Many years ago I studied Law in Sydney in relation to Recovering Bad Debt, some of it involved Case Law and I was staggered at some decisions that were made. But i got hooked on studying case law and bought a few books on it, I would suggest either side could win and appeals infinitely and the Lawyers would be the winners.... All because of "ego"

The lawyers always win! sneaky lawyers. 🤣

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

... Here is a completely different reason I won't watch the LIV exhibitions. I used to watch most every PGA event when swings were wildly different, shot making was at a premium and the game seemed to have more personality. It used to be easy to identify a silhouette of a player but with so many cookie cutter swings I would not be able to distinguish half the field on any given week. But as swings became similar and distance began to overtake shotmaking my interest has diminished considerably. I cannot identify with a 200yd 8 iron or flying a 290yd bunker so weekly PGA tour events have been replaced by the LPGA. Still love the Majors and the Rider/Presidents Cup as well as a few courses like Pebble or the Muirfield Village but greatly prefer to watch Jr and College golf. 

... The ladies have a similar distance to my game and some players are even shorter than I am but as a scratch player the last player in any LPGA field would destroy me in a Pro Am. So I am watching excellence in a game I can identify with.   

8 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Here is a completely different reason I won't watch the LIV exhibitions. I used to watch most every PGA event when swings were wildly different, shot making was at a premium and the game seemed to have more personality. It used to be easy to identify a silhouette of a player but with so many cookie cutter swings I would not be able to distinguish half the field on any given week. But as swings became similar and distance began to overtake shotmaking my interest has diminished considerably. I cannot identify with a 200yd 8 iron or flying a 290yd bunker so weekly PGA tour events have been replaced by the LPGA. Still love the Majors and the Rider/Presidents Cup as well as a few courses like Pebble or the Muirfield Village but greatly prefer to watch Jr and College golf. 

... The ladies have a similar distance to my game and some players are even shorter than I am but as a scratch player the last player in any LPGA field would destroy me in a Pro Am. So I am watching excellence in a game I can identify with.   

You can’t relate to throwing or hitting a 100mph fastball, running a 4.3 40, getting smashed by 200+lb players, or any other sport or what precessional athletes can do that the other 99.5% of the population can’t.

It’s what imo makes progressional sports fun to watch. Getting to see the best in the world do things that the regular person can’t do