Jump to content

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News


Thin2win

Recommended Posts

  • Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, cnosil said:

The DP World Tour have confirmed that players who have joined LIV will be fined and suspended from future tournaments, including the Scottish Open in July.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, LICC said:

The DP World Tour have confirmed that players who have joined LIV will be fined and suspended from future tournaments, including the Scottish Open in July.

They are also fining members 100k... Ouch 

  • Like 2

 ⛳🛄 as of Oct 31, 2022 (Past WITB
Driver:   TBD: Follow here: Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: King SZ 3 wood 15.5*

               :ping-small: G410 Crossover - 4 iron or others....

Irons:     :Sub70: Sub70 659 TC Raw 5-Aw w/ KBS Tour 90 Stiff Black PVD

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:     :taylormade-small:/:titleist-small: (currently testing)

Other:     :Arccos: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They have only officially suspended them from joint events with the pga as of now. If they play in the next event there could be more. 

  • Like 4

 

 

 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag

Driver:    :ping-small: G430 LST 9*(set at big minus) with a BGT Brava X shaft @ 45.25”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

 :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX5 4-PW with Modus 105S 

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Zipcore 50* bent to 48*

Putter:  SIK Jo slant neck @ 33”   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Like 1
  • Titleist TSI3 LAGolf DJ 65 5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Mizuno Pro 223 4-P Nippon Modus 3 115X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ.1 LAGolf P135 
  • Srixon Z-Star XV Divide

Western, NY - Go Bills!

5.1 Index

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Bang60 said:

I'm thinking the Liv players are going to do well at the Open, in the Top 3...

You could be right. Louie Oosthuizen definitely (won a major, he has a very long list of runner up for the Majors, fan favourite), Lee Westwood, Richard Bland (underdog favourite), Bryson is he acts like he used to before being bulked up Jock, i.e. the Professor and only hits driver when it is smart to do so, needs to be little wind for him to win), Brooks could do well if his head is in it and he is healthy, Dustin could do well, perhaps Sergio if he can keep his cool and Phil if he is not pestered by the media and fans.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Hacker1 said:

You could be right. Louie Oosthuizen definitely (won a major, he has a very long list of runner up for the Majors, fan favourite), Lee Westwood, Richard Bland (underdog favourite), Bryson is he acts like he used to before being bulked up Jock, i.e. the Professor and only hits driver when it is smart to do so, needs to be little wind for him to win), Brooks could do well if his head is in it and he is healthy, Dustin could do well, perhaps Sergio if he can keep his cool and Phil if he is not pestered by the media and fans.

You do realize Bryson had more success after he bulked up than before and the reason he hasn’t been playing well is mostly due to injury.

  • Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

You do realize Bryson had more success after he bulked up than before and the reason he hasn’t been playing well is mostly due to injury.

Actually he does not play smart anymore just a bomber, no longer the Professor, actually he really only won a major other events not much difference, actually worse especially for bad scores whihc he gets a lot now, likely worse as he used to at least contend when he was more agile. He no longer thinks he just grips it and rips it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, bens197 said:

This was a fun one to wake up to this morning.

 

... I saw an unconfirmed report LIV is pursuing Martin Shkreli and the Sackler Family as sponsors. 

  • Haha 2

Driver:     :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 10.5* ... AD-IZ 6SR
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Hybrids:    :taylormade-small: SIM2 Hybrid 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R hy
Irons:        :cobra-small: 4-9 MIM Tour ... Steelfiber i95R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 46*/50*/58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :bobby-grace-1: 6330 LTD Edition ...  33.5"
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour '22

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Hacker1 said:

Actually he does not play smart anymore just a bomber, no longer the Professor, actually he really only won a major other events not much difference, actually worse especially for bad scores whihc he gets a lot now, likely worse as he used to at least contend when he was more agile. He no longer thinks he just grips it and rips it.

With the publishing of strokes gained numbers and analyzing more shot analytics, it shows that the farther you can hit the ball the lower scores will generally be.   Yesterday, Rory was asked about a drive he hit over the trees and his response was analytics show that you should hit driver there.   The game of golf is changing and bombing the ball is generally the optimal strategy.  There really is little reason to “think” while on the course as strategies are already calculated and formulas are followed. 

  • Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Hacker1 said:

Actually he does not play smart anymore just a bomber, no longer the Professor, actually he really only won a major other events not much difference, actually worse especially for bad scores whihc he gets a lot now, likely worse as he used to at least contend when he was more agile. He no longer thinks he just grips it and rips it.

Define smart? He understands the at distance is key. Strokes gained proves this. He realized that which is why he bulked you to increase speed and distance. It’s why he won the number of tournaments he did after bulking up compared to what you consider smart golf which is hit less club off the tee and whatever outdated philosophies you possibly believe in.

These guys use data to make decisions and his success with going for distance proved to be the smart play and not what you think is smart. 

 

  • Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Define smart? He understands the at distance is key. Strokes gained proves this. He realized that which is why he bulked you to increase speed and distance. It’s why he won the number of tournaments he did after bulking up compared to what you consider smart golf which is hit less club off the tee and whatever outdated philosophies you possibly believe in.

These guys use data to make decisions and his success with going for distance proved to be the smart play and not what you think is smart. 

 

Bulking up has nothing to do with it. He didn't gain distance after starting weight training.

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

There really is little reason to “think” while on the course as strategies are already calculated and formulas are followed.

Unfortunately.

  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chisag said:

 

... I saw an unconfirmed report LIV is pursuing Martin Shkreli and the Sackler Family as sponsors. 

Presumably for the role of Exec. VP of Media Consumption and Pain Management, respectively. 

  • Haha 6
  • Titleist TSI3 LAGolf DJ 65 5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Mizuno Pro 223 4-P Nippon Modus 3 115X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ.1 LAGolf P135 
  • Srixon Z-Star XV Divide

Western, NY - Go Bills!

5.1 Index

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Presumably for the role of Exec. VP of Media Consumption and Pain Management, respectively. 

I hear they are close to hiring Saul Goodman as General Counsel ...

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LICC said:

 

Let's not get off topic with this silliness again please. This topic is about LIV.

Please define "what" about Liv we can discuss, obviously not the players so what's left? Silliness indeed, lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

Please define "what" about Liv we can discuss, obviously not the players so what's left? Silliness indeed, lol

I was talking about the distance gains debate silliness. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LICC said:

He is no more bulked up now than he was three seasons ago. 

Yes look at his avg distance before he started weight training and the 5-7 years after. No difference.

Let's not get off topic with this silliness again please. This topic is about LIV.

Good lord you have no clue what are talking about. He went on his mass gain 3 seasons ago. His numbers are all over the internet for anyone to see. He gained speed and distance when he decided to add size. Whether you like it or not that’s fact. As a result the first year of that he gained 17 yards in avg distance and the year after he gained another yard+
 

Not to mention nearly every player on the pga tour commented about his distance and some like rory even tried to chase it.

 So yeah when you are wrong again you want to move on

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Good lord you have no clue what are talking about. He went on his mass gain 3 seasons ago. His numbers are all over the internet for anyone to see. He gained speed and distance when he decided to add size. Whether you like it or not that’s fact. As a result the first year of that he gained 17 yards in avg distance and the year after he gained another yard+
 

Not to mention nearly every player on the pga tour commented about his distance and some like rory even tried to chase it.

 So yeah when you are wrong again you want to move on

Are you talking about Rory or Bryson? As to Bryson, he bulked up AND made substantial swing changes at the same time. It was the swing changes that led to the distance gains. He even later admitted that he continued to weight train and bulk and he got no more distance. 
All the credible evidence shows that equipment advances, and not weight training, is what has resulted in distance gains on the Tour. Period. 
Now please respect the topic and bring this discussion to a different forum topic if you want to continue. 

Edited by LICC
  • Hmmm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...