Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Cost of Your Fitting?

ole gray

I had an interesting day at the Taylormade Kingdom of Reynolds Lake Oconee. I hit balls with regular Stealth irons and the HD model with several different shafts to include regular and senior flex. The ball used was the TP5 model which is a great ball however I wish they would have had the Tour Response or similar compression ball to use. The fitter knew his stuff and he could tell what lie I needed by marking a ball with a black verticle line and then had me hit it. After only a couple of head swap outs the mark left on the clubface was straight up and down.  1 degree up with 1/2 inch increase in shaft length was the ticket for me. I'll report back after I have had some on-course time with my new Stealth HD irons!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

2 hours ago, ole gray said:

The fitter knew his stuff and he could tell what lie I needed by marking a ball with a black verticle line and then had me hit it. After only a couple of head swap outs the mark left on the clubface was straight up and down.  

This is the recommended way to fit for lie angle. 

Glad to hear you enjoyed the fitting and can't wait to hear how you play!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

12 hours ago, cnosil said:

This is the recommended way to fit for lie angle. 

Glad to hear you enjoyed the fitting and can't wait to hear how you play!

Thanks buddy I'm excited too!   I texted Taylormade yesterday to ask if they had begun building my new irons and no response.  Called and the message said they were off for the holiday.... 😁

I could actually drive back down there and pick them up as it's only 40 miles away and it shouldn't take long as they had all the components on-site. 

Cleveland

Ball Speed    Launch Angle    Landing Angle    Back Spin    Peak Height yds   Carry Distance    Total Distance 

97.2                     20.3-                        39.3                    4411.7                20.9                              132.7                         148.2 

I definitely was coming out of my posture ALOT during my fitting so my center strikes were off. Lot's of shots off to the right with poor strikes. Hopefully, these numbers will grow once I can rotate around my spine better. He put me in a senior flex which was definitely an eye-opener.  I guess at 72 years old and my flexibility gone to the shat house brings senior clubs. 🤪

Stealth HD Iron
Irons: 5,6,7,8,9,PW Lie Adj: 1.0 Deg UP
Shaft: UST Recoil 460 ESX Flex: A Length Adj: 0.50"

Cleveland

11 minutes ago, ole gray said:

Ball Speed    Launch Angle    Landing Angle    Back Spin    Peak Height yds   Carry Distance    Total Distance 

97.2                     20.3-                        39.3                    4411.7                20.9                              132.7                         148.2 

I definitely was coming out of my posture ALOT during my fitting so my center strikes were off. Lot's of shots off to the right with poor strikes. Hopefully, these numbers will grow once I can rotate around my spine better. He put me in a senior flex which was definitely an eye-opener.  I guess at 72 years old and my flexibility gone to the shat house brings senior clubs. 🤪

Stealth HD Iron
Irons: 5,6,7,8,9,PW Lie Adj: 1.0 Deg UP
Shaft: UST Recoil 460 ESX Flex: A Length Adj: 0.50"

Remember there is no standard for flex. What is senior in one can be regular in another. Flex is only relevant to a shaft line in the same weight class. But also keep in mind the recoils can play stiffer so again it may be their version of senior in this shaft.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

GolfTEC - free, but I also bought a set of P790s

Club Champion - $50 (holiday deal) - bought new shafts/grips for driver, 3 wood, and 2 iron plus new grip for my putter 

Bag: Big Max Dri Lite Summit Black/Red
Driver: Callaway GBB Epic - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Green Small Batch "Hulk"
3 Wood: Callaway Epix Max - Aldila Ascent Red 
2 Iron: TaylorMade Stealth UDI - LA Golf A Series Hybrid
4-AW Irons: TaylorMade P790 - KBS Tour 120g Stiff (1/4" long, 2* upright)
54* & 58* Wedges: Callaway Jaws MD5
Putter: Mizuno M Craft I Blue
Ball: Vice Pro Plus

6 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Remember there is no standard for flex. What is senior in one can be regular in another. Flex is only relevant to a shaft line in the same weight class. But also keep in mind the recoils can play stiffer so again it may be their version of senior in this shaft.

Thanks for the info 🖕

Cleveland

2 hours ago, ole gray said:

Thanks for the info 🖕

Anytime kind sir

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

On 2/10/2023 at 11:07 AM, cnosil said:

Maybe those are just the post fitting results videos 😁.  Enjoy the process and take in everything you can and have lots of fun!

Video editing at it's finest!

I inevitably hit some of the worst shots I've seen from myself in a long time every time I get in front of someone in a hitting bay. I can just hear the store associate's thoughts "has this guy even played golf before?". Once I get a little warmed up and use to them being there, I start hitting them a lot better. Just remember they've seen the full spectrum of swings. I remember going into a club champion when I first started because a friend said I should get fit for clubs early. Went in, hacked it up for about 15 min. The guy very respectfully told me he didn't want my business yet 😆. Recommended I stick with my beginner set and get some lesson to at least get my swing consistent. Didn't charge me for the fitting and I immediately became a repeat customer for that location. Did my putter fitting there a few months ago and it was great.

• Callaway Rouge ST Max LS 9* Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft 
  • Callaway Rouge ST Max 3W w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft 
  • Callaway Mavrik 4Hy
  • Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-AW
  • TaylorMade Hi-Toe RAW 54-10 & 58-10 
  • L.A.B. MEZZ. 1 w/ ACCRA x L.A.B. Shaft (RIP: TaylorMade TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3)
  • Titleist Pro V1x

Apps/Systems I use:

Tests: