Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

When Do You Switch Putters?

For me, I have three putters in the rotation.  Sometimes when a putter acts up, I will bench it and put another putter in play!  The feel and looks of a change, seems to help my putting a lot and gives me renewed confidence when putting.  The memory of a missed or bad putt goes away because it was caused by the other putter.  Someone commented that the real problem is between the ears - truth be told!  Anyway, golf is a fun game and for me, rotating putters is a lot of fun.😀 And secondarily, I want to help the golf equipment manufacturers keep making great new putters!  

Edited by T McKinnon
grammar and spelling errors

WITB  -  Mizuno driver and irons and EVNROLL putter or SEEMORE putter depending on the day.

11 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Thanks; that's my plan...I have a mirror that I've gotten away from using since I can't find a straight putt in my basement. (Yes, the rental house I'm currently in is that old.) Plan to blow the dust off it tonight.

I don’t have straight putts in my house either.  I wouldn’t always focus on needing to a make a putt.  Use the mirror to polish the setup to ensure consistency; you don’t even have to make a stroke.  Make it so that you repeatably get in the same setup posture and have the same ball position.  Putt rubber bands or the sticky dots that @GolfSpy MPRmentioned in another thread and on Twitter. 

setup gates outside you putter head and make sure that when you make a stroke the putter goes through the gates without hitting them.  Vary stroke length to not just practice a motion for the same length putt.  

You can probably find 17 inches of flat surface; put a dime 17” from the ball and practice rolling the ball over the center of the dime.   I just put a pillow a couple of feet out to stop the balls; they don’t need to roll far.   Again practice different length strokes.

Build the skills that enable you to execute.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I have 2 Camerons I use. The LH model is a Phantom 7.5 mallet. The RH model is a Cameron and Crown mid-mallet. Both slight toe hang and 3 degrees of loft. The gamer is the Phantom. When I use the RH model, I putt LH low, not changing my grip to putt backwards. This is good training to not break my left wrist when putting LH. So the RH is both a trainer and an alternative. Debating my miss. It is either not squaring the face or I misread the line I expect to hit. The first solution would be an Evenroll, the second would be a 2 Ball Ten S as sighting 3 balls is supposed to be easier with 3 balls rather than a short line and one ball. The hard part is finding a LH option. 

Titleist TSR 11 degree, HZRDS Red R 44.75 LH

Titleist TSR-1 5/7 Woods LH

Titleist TSR-1 23 Hybrid LH

Titleist T200  7-48 - T350 6 Tensai AMT Red LH

Titleist SM9 50-54-58 TT AMT Red LH

Scotty Phantom X 7.5 RH

I rarely change my putter. I practice more a go back to putting fundamentals. Ball position, grip, forward press, distance to the ball and swing technique 

:callaway-small:Epic Max LS 9* ACCRA TZ6

:callaway-small:Epic Speed 3w ACCRA FX

:cobra-small:3H ACCRA FX

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 4-pw Aerotech 

:vokey-small:50,55,60 

:cameron-small: Phantom X 11.5 putter

:titelist-small: prov1

I will switch out my putter after a round or two of "bad" putting according to my standards....because it is obviously the putter and not my putting right??? LOL I have 4 putters and just switched from a Cameron circa 62 no 3. to a Super Select 2.5"plus".  But, as soon as I feel that I am lacking confidence with it I am sure I will put it on "time out" until I get around to using it again.  For most of the courses I play the greens run fairly similar, so outside of that I will bring my mallet style putter out when I know I am playing a course that has slower than I am used to greens... 

Good luck with your quest...and happy putting

B_LinksGolf "Any day golfing is better than a day in the office"

What's in the Bag:

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST 3diamond LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

3w/5w: Callaway Rogue ST LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

4i-6i: Callaway '24 Apex CB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

7i-10i: Callaway '24 Apex MB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw (matte black) 50ºs-grind/54ºs-grind/58ºz-grind

Putter: Callaway AI-one Jailbird mini DB 35"

If the girl you brought is showing more interest in other guys than you, why not ask another girl for a dance or two?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Madison bats -

Driver - Callaway Mavrik 10.5*, Reg 55 gram Riptide

3W - Taylor Rocket Ballz 15* R

5W - Taylor Rocket Balls 19* 

Hybrid 22* Rocket Balls R, 25* Hyper Speed R

Irons - 6-P Titleist AP2 712 S TT Gold Hi Launch

W 52, 56, 60 Vokey SM6

I do have to agree with KennyB here. My stroke has changed a bit, but for the better. The only reason I considered switching was because I tried moving the ball back in my stance to fix the distance control issues after the change, but then I developed face control issues. Was told my current stroke is good, but could go down a degree or two in loft. Also, my stroke has gotten smoother and was also instructed that a heavier head may help with feel. That was all the logic for going with the Piretti. All specs except loft and head weight are the same. I even got an older carbon steel model to match the steel of the pro platinum. So far, I am liking the results, but it needs more time. I may end up bending the Scotty and experimenting with lead tape too.

Driver: Ping G425 LST, Otto Phlex UST MP5 or GD AD-TP 6X

3 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@16 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder

5 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@20 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder 

4i Hybrid: Titleist 913h (@24 deg), Diamana Blue Board hybrid

Irons: Taylormade P790 (5-6) & P770 (7-AW), KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 1x)

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 TW grind 56 (@55) & 60, KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 2x)

Putter: Sacks Parente 91 aka "The Duke", 34 inches

Ball: Taylormade TP5

I rarely change putters unless I'm looking for a specific change (like feeling, or alignment).

But about 1 year ago, when I first started playing tournaments with the intent to win, I tried 3 different types of putters in a span of 2 months. The first type was a blade, the second was a mallet, and the third was my current Wilson Staff Infinite Michigan Avenue. Before I went looking for a putter I had been using the same Tracy ii blade putter for about 2 years.

My strokes gained has been positive in the last few rounds, so I am very happy with my current putter right now. I've used it for close to a year now, and I don't think I will change it for a few years more.

Practice rounds with positive SG with putter.

+11 through 9 (harder course)Screenshot_20230424_100734_GolfPad.jpg.0ad7fb968681e04eeeefcd7661e45744.jpg

+6 Through 9 (my handicap is 12 so this is expected).Screenshot_20230424_100754_GolfPad.jpg.a28478552b32d023fd02818577ebe081.jpg

Even Par through 5 (home course)Screenshot_20230424_100748_GolfPad.jpg.fb7ead01071ef84d07c90a62f7424d72.jpgScreenshot_20230424_111846_GolfPad.jpg.f62f0fe857b930477b0909cf6c914c6d.jpg

Edited by ArizonaLogan

PXGLogo.jpg.0c92800daa172651d766b6819f37e9f9.jpg: 0311 Gen5 - Driver

:adams-small:: Tight Lies - 3W

I need an 18°-19° club.

url(1).jpg.d0326cc5029d710568433f5df6fe1efc.jpg: TS4 - 4-PW

url(1).jpg.d0326cc5029d710568433f5df6fe1efc.jpg: TSW - 50°, 54°,58°

:odyssey-small:: Toulon Design Austin - Putter

I currently have a couple of putters that I like and believe it is the indian and not the arrow.  If I find myself not putting well, I NEVER go exploring, I work on my technique, tempo, feel and sound the ball makes leaving the face.  I did have an upgrade last year to a 2022 Ping PLD Black Matte Milled Anser putter, because it performs so well on faster greens.  My second putter is a 2020 Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport and performs well on slower greens.  Cleaned out all my older Cameron models and settled on the Anser style putter.  I play on our Interclub team and the greens on the other 11 courses vary so need two putters.  But, again, it boils down to me, not the putter.  I do like the feel and the sound of both of these putters.  Will be playing the TPC @ Scottsdale later in the year and the Ping will be in the bag.   Not much for switching.    

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

I own at least 50 putters , I used to switch often , just like a date who eats with her mouth open it’s time for a change but now I only switch 2-3 times a year from blade to mallet and back depending on green speeds ( I play in Florida and Ohio ) huge differences in greens 

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

Did your putter bend, change shape, take on weight or lose weight?

The putter didn't change. If your stroke changed significantly permanently, maybe a new type is called for.

It is an interesting sports psychology nuance that we have to trust our putter and our stroke to be successful 

Driver FW - Titleist 917

Irons 4 to 8 - Titleist T300 2° flat

Irons 9 to wedges - George Nicoll Royal musclebacks 70s vintage

Putter - Scotty Cameron Select blackout

In 1970 I married my wife, that lasted 52 yrs 4 mo before she passed last October.   So for Christmas of 1971 my Father N Law gave me the best putter on the market, which was a Ping. This coming Christmas that putter has remained in bag for 52 yrs. During those years I tried putters borrowed from friends, playing partners, and bought a Wally World special putter. None of those putter made a Hill of Beans difference. Many years I had more putts on the green, than it took for me to get to the green. Finally I took my brilliant wife's advise and got some lessons. I found out it was not the type of putter in my hands, it was to space between my ears. I never gave up on my Ping, so it was very surprising when I started to make putts after my lessons. In my first tournament of old farts, after my wife passing, I sank a 70+ ft putt on the final hole. Now for the last 2 rounds of golf last week my total putts for 36 holes, was 78, for an average of 34 putts per round. Yes I made several birdies, pars, and double bogus. There was never a single hole that had more than 3 putts. The putter that made all that happens is the 1971 Ping. So being 75 yrs old I can truly say if it feels good, works good, DON'T CHANGE.  It AIN'T THE PUTTER 

PS. On several occasions during my 52 yrs of marriage, I wanted to buy a new set or clubs (minus putter). One morning sitting at the breakfast table my wife, had just finished beating cancer for the 4th time. She told me, go buy a new full set of clubs (minus putter) you want, but it want make a Hill of Beans difference on your score. Unless you take lessons.  Yes Dear

Enjoy playing golf NOT trying to be a PRO

I’m always a big fan of changing things when they get cold. Not a drastic change but I put them in time out for a few rounds so when I go back to what I know what works it feels like home again. I also change my grips on my putter too as another option when things get cold. I just think a new feel tends to have me focus more on what I’m doing to make it work and I seem to get out of the slump a bit quicker that way. 

Driver:  :titleist-small: TSR3 8°, set to A1, Graphite Design UB 7X 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small:SIM 3 Wood 15°, Aldila Rouge Silver 7X

3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 18°, Ventus Blue 8S

2 Utility: :srixon-small: ZX Utility, LA Golf Tour AXS Blue, (15th club)

4i-AW:  :srixon-small:ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400

56°: :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

60° :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :L.A.B.: Mezz1 Max

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour BX

Forum Reviews: 

:Sub70: Official Member Review Sub 70 TAIII Wedges

:Nippon: Official Member Review Zelos 7 Shaft Review

:vokey-small:Unofficial Vokey SM8 and Wedge & Wedge Works Review 

:srixon-small:Unofficial Srixon 2021 ZX7 Iron Review

:titleist-small: Unofficial TSR3 Review

I've had 3 putters in the last 25+ years. I started out with a Ping B60 that was a gift from my ex father-in-law and used it for those years I wasn't playing as much. I then bought an Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth putter I used until 2 years ago. Now I've got an Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball OG. I can understand people wanting to change out and collect putters, they are the most unique and personal clubs in the bag, I just like to stick with what works. 

When my alignment gets off, I will switch to the mallet. I always used a blade since I was little, but I play so infrequently now I don’t trust my “feel” of the club face releasing at the correct point in the stroke causing me to miss very short putts. The blade cures this but gives me very little in the way of feel

Taylormade P790 P-5 / Vokey 50, 54, 58, 62 / Callaway sub-zero driver 8degree / Taylormade 3-wood / Callaway 3-hybrid / Taylormade spider X putter

Seems like a general theme. 2 putters in last 15+ years. Went from an Odessey 2 ball to my current Ping Bergen Vault I was fitted for in Phoenix. Would love to get a real fitting like the one I watched from Edel himself on a video. Showed how head shape and sight lines alter your aim. Just not sure if there is a true fitting guru close by. I think we all have ups and downs but if I ensure my setup and grip are consistent things work themselves out. Confidence is huge for me and I think it would take some time to break in a new gamer.

I probably lean more towards the 'stay the course.' It's too tempting to change gear to fix something vs. get a lesson or practice.

If you're contemplating a switch, get the putter fitting which is pretty cool and a neat experience. It may confirm that you need a change OR that your current stick is the best. When I did my putter fitting I went in because I wanted a premium putter -- never had owned one -- and I wanted the best one for me. I tried all the options and went with what felt/performed best. I was surprised by what I walked away with.

When I left with my new stick, I felt really confident it was the right one for me. I had data to prove it!

All that said, sometimes a change does help change your mindset. I'd keep changes to being measured in years - not months - or you'll just constantly be chasing.

Ping 425 LST 

Titleist 18* and 24* hybrids

Callway Apex Pro Combo Set (5-PW)

Callway Jaws Wedges (50*, 54*, 58*)

Bettinardi Queen Bee Putter

I have about 4 putters that I use when I play. I have amassed quite a few putters over the years. 

I never know which one will come out to play. I add the putter to the bag the day that I play.

I have forgotten to add a putter a few times, end up u

bellying a wedge.

I have always wanted a Nike method and I finally found one. Dream putter but don’t work. I do know if it’s sentimental but I kept my dads old two ball after he passed away and I always find my way back to it. Just feel like it has an extra guiding hand on it. 

Taylormade Stealth Plus 8

Callaway Mavrik SZ 3 wood

P790 2 UDI 4-PW

Vokey SM 8 48, 52, 56

Nike Method Converge B1-01

12 hours ago, Old Joe said:

Switch way too often. Almost daily test my rotation of 6 putters to see which is working. Whether that carrie’s onto course is a whole different issue. I also change stances, grips, techniques, sometimes mid-round. BTW, i average 27 putts per round. Just always feel like i can do better. 

Welcome to the forum sir.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

I'm toying with the idea of trying a blade, even though my Phantom is my favorite club in the bag.  Its going to be very hard to put that putter in "time out"...

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

I think because of the nature of putting and the importance of CONFIDENCE in your putting and putter, changing putter s can literally happen as often as you like. Weather you use an old bullseye or Scotty Cameron, if the putts are rolling then go with it. I literally change putters sometimes weekly or daily and have 4 or 5 different styles on rotation. Sometimes each one just feels right until it DOESN'T. 

michael grieder

Swing easy deal w the distance

Did @Jmikecpa reply to this thread yet?!?!?!  😁

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

9 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Did @Jmikecpa reply to this thread yet?!?!?!  😁

Based on posts, @Jmikecpahas found the magic putter.  Goes to show if you try enough you will eventually find the right one for you. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Based on posts, @Jmikecpahas found the magic putter.  Goes to show if you try enough you will eventually find the right one for you. 

Then there is hope and my quest will continue!  😃

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

5 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Yes I have….

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

My new putter just arrived last week. I was using an Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 since late 2000’s. After a putter fitting at my local GolfTec I got myself into a White Hot Versa Twelve with stroke lab shaft and slightly thicker grip. Can’t wait to get out on the course. 

GVetter

I have 7 putters. Two center shaft, thee toe hang and two face balanced. Four blades, one fat back blade and two mallets. I change based on green speed at the course of the day all the time. I change from face balance to toe hang if I am starting to miss left and the other way if I miss right. They are all the exact same length, loft and lie and have identical grips so they feel the same in my hands. If my stroke is grooved I will stick with one but as soon as something goes sideways I swap it out.

Steven "Marty" Grant

On 4/22/2023 at 10:12 PM, Getoffmylawn said:

So let me bare my soul for a moment..I've been positive strokes gained in putting for the bulk of the season (so far) but over the last 3-4 rounds my distance/speed control has been atrocious.  I game an Odyssey White Hot OG Double Wide; it's face balanced, which I prefer...I'm more of a straight-back/straight-thru kind of putter. I was fitted for it. However, waiting in the wings is an Enroll ER7 which is also face balanced and I have had bent & tweaked to fit my specs (more upright and more loft), and every time I pick it up I hole everything on my practice green.

PutterChange1jpg.jpg.8bd8da7095915a20122f3b200d9f55eb.jpgPutterChange2.jpg.ed1d47b729c0ea94868b9c70a704445b.jpgPutterChange3.jpg.6f19217eb2f5091ff9f181d472a34e42.jpg

So, when is time to put the back up in play?  I'm VERY tempted to promote the Evnroll,  but  another part of me says "this too shall pass" and to dance with the girl I brought...the Odyssey.

Thoughts anyone?  When do you dance with the girl you brought versus promoting the girl you're a little bit interested in?  🤣

When is it time?? The $64,000 question.  If after 3 or 4 rounds and still struggling with distance & speed, I'd change to the Evnroll. You have to take that doubt of your mind the Evnroll is in the back of your mind.  
For the straight back/straight through stroke, I would think a face balanced mallet putter would be a better fit. 

I went to Anika Academy to get fitted for putted and always used a 2 ball. Based upon my stroke (with an arc) the blade was a better putter design for me.  Been playing blade for yrs.  When Blade gets out of line, I put in time out and bring the two ball out for some air 🤣

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

I understand not wanting to blame the putter for deficiencies in mechanics. Just turned 50 and have only had 4 putters in my 40 years golfing:

Arnold Palmer "the original", Never Compromise Voodoo, Odyssey Tank #7 and my current Rife Raider X. I have the old putters in my closet except the Voodoo which I sold.

All four have essentially the same hosel, so alignment doesn't change. The reason I have changed over 40 years is that if you are a good putter, feel doesn't really come and go, but the mental side does.  

The last time I was struggling, prior to buying the Rife, I put the Odyssey in the closet and played one round with the Arnold Palmer just to remind myself I'm a good putter. Completely different weight from the Tank, but I putted just fine. 

The Arnold Palmer flaws for me now are weight and absolutely no tech so I won't game it daily, but it confirmed for me that the Odyssey issues were all mental. I tried going back to it and the same issue came back. Bought the Rife online in the club parking lot after a miserable round and haven't looked back.

Sounds like you trust the Evnroll to work for you. Take that positivity and go with it. You'll be glad you did.

Short game savant, driving disaster...