Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Golf Stat Books

Zman56

I’m looking for the best Golf Stat Books that fellow members have used that have produced positive results after using for some time?  
Tired of just using fairways hit, GIR, # putts, etc.  
What suggestions do you have?  Thanks!

Also looking for any stat sheets to log shots during a round of golf to assist in verifying shots needed to improve my round.  Thanks

fbreeldownload.png

Edited by Zman56
Looking for additional info.

Zgolfen

9 minutes ago, Zman56 said:

I’m looking for the best Golf Stat Books that fellow members have used that have produced positive results after using for some time?  

Every Shot Counts by Mark Broadie
Four foundations of golf by John Sherman
The Practice Manual by Adam Young
Lowest Score Wins by David Wedzik and Erik J. Barzesk

you could also learn DECADE by Scott Fawcett although it isn’t a book.  
follow Lou Stagner on social media for expectation management.  

That said, just tracking stats doesn’t improve your game.  You can improve with the stats you listed, but the key is understanding how to interpret them and what actions you need to take.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

To add a quote to @cnosil's comment, Morpheus from the movie The Matrix said, “There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."   

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

I’m going to go against the grain here and say that in really those are really the only things you need to know. There’s so many variances in the game that using averages don’t weigh as heavily. 

• 2 weeks later...

Are you looking strictly for something manual and not on your phone? I know a lot of apps can provide the data and stat tracking that you want but as far as a physical pen and paper type book, I am not sure.

image.png.04da3f72ef9e45c374a6ced580ad076e.png Driver: Aerojet LS (9.0)

image.png.47d8335a6ed74f5ce323f36dde1e64f5.pngBRNR Mini Driver (13.5)

default_callaway-small.jpg.4e22e166ebf0a736dfc257554f147efe.jpg Ai Smoke Max 5 Wood (18) or Apex X Forged Utility 2 iron (18)

default_callaway-small.jpg.4e22e166ebf0a736dfc257554f147efe.jpg Apex X Forged CB (4-6)

image.png.04da3f72ef9e45c374a6ced580ad076e.png Rickie Fowler MB (7-PW)

default_vokey-small.gif.7343a5ce0d53f6f6b215377d00e5563f.gif Wedges: 52|08F , 56|12D , 60|10S , SM9 Jet Black

photo-203973.jpg.72b2eb1ed527f5bfef6c6f39d952c2f0.jpg Putter: 2015 Queen B 6

Ball: Still Searching for My Perfect Gamer

Previously Tested: BirdieBall 2-In-1 Putting/Hitting Mat

• 2 months later...
On 7/7/2023 at 8:13 PM, Zman56 said:

Also looking for any stat sheets to log shots during a round of golf to assist in verifying shots needed to improve my round.  Thanks

fbreeldownload.png
I had experience playing golf and I know a couple of such books. "Golf is Not a Game of Perfect" by Dr. Bob Rotella. In this book, the author discusses the psychological aspects of golf, but also provides valuable tips on how to improve your game using statistics. It's a pity that I gave up golf, I played in my free time. Now in my free time I read, I recently studied euthanasia, I found https://papersowl.com/examples/euthanasia/ for this. It’s good that I’m reading and not something worse, but I miss golf. I also know the book “The Game Before the Game: The Perfect 30-Minute Practice” by Lynne Marriott and Pia Nilsson. This book focuses on effective coaching and using statistics to improve your game.

"Every Shot Counts: Using the Revolutionary Strokes Gained Approach to Improve Your Golf Performance and Strategy" by Mark Broadie

This book offers an innovative approach to golf statistics using the "Strokes Gained" concept, which allows you to more accurately measure the impact of each shot on your score.

Edited by ireneegonzalez