Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Titleist T Series Irons - 2023 Forum Review

GolfSpy_APH

54 minutes ago, BNewton51 said:

That's where I think Titleist made their biggest improvements with them. (Same actually happening I feel with stock shots off the 150's if I'm being honest)  The T-200 is pretty close to a cheat stick imo.  And that's a GOOD thing!  But I think the biggest surprise with them was the spin numbers.  I tried them a couple times, my buddy just got them too.  And on a stock PW, 9 or 8 I as actually taken aback when I saw them hit greens and stick and or spin back in some cases.  So definitely a smart choice to keep them in play.  I have a feeling you're gonna love them.  But then again... Who wouldn't love a Titleist product!  (My bias shinging through there! 🤣

... I have a slight bias for Cobra irons and I played the T100S for a season and really loved them but the Cobra MIM's performed a little better with just a little better feel. Then I was lucky to get picked for the Cobra Challenge and started playing the King Tours, which I really love. But the T200's are just silly forgiving for a Players Iron. Initially I was thinking I might play the King Tours in 8-pw and the T200's 7-5 and that is still an option.

... But my initial rounds didn't have any minor distance issues like I had with the P790 short irons. Not mythical fliers from a good lie 🙄 but the spring face just added a little unwanted distance on 3/4 shots when hit dead center. Obviously that is their design as players distance irons, so more a me issue than an iron design issue. Very limited of course with only 3 rounds, but so far the T200 short irons are very consistent for distance. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I was at my course checking out my new putter shaft and had time to hit a few balls on the range.  I pulled the plastic off my PW and after a few shots remembered why I love these irons so much.😍 With my LAB putter and the T350s back in the bag, I feel a good round coming on tomorrow! 

Edited by ole gray

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

4 minutes ago, ole gray said:

I was at my course checking out my new putter shaft and had time to hit a few balls on the range.  I pulled the plastic off my PW and after a few shots remembered why I love these irons so much.😍 With my LAB putter and the T350s back in the bag, I feel a good round coming on tomorrow! 

... You'll be grinnin' like a possum eatin' a sweet tater.

The T-200s are still going strong, and got some new friends in the bag over the holidays (Christmas and Birthday). Cleveland CBX ZipCore 52 and 56 degree wedges went into the bottom end, and there was enough cash in the holiday cards to upgrade the driver and 3 wood to PXG 311 XF Gen 5 Driver ang Gen 6 3 wood.

I'm definitely ready for the new league season (at least as far as equipment goes). Hopefully I can get my swing dialed in and make a better showing this year.

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

Update:

As has been discussed here and in other threads, I have made the switch from the KBS Tour shafts that came with the irons into UST Mamiya Recoil 110 f4 shafts for 5-7 T200 & 8-pw T150, as well as my 48 degree SM-9 Vokey gw. I left the 4i T200 Utility with its HZRDUS shaft, as I haven’t been using it much.

While I had the chance, I also opted for these BB&F co ferrules, as I really like them:

IMG_2383.jpeg

IMG_2381.jpeg

IMG_2384.jpeg

So far my use of them has been limited to the net and SIM, but initial impressions are favorable. The clubs feel lighter and quicker in a good way. According to the numbers on Rapsodo Range, distances are similar, if not the same. The impetus behind the switch has more to do with being easier on my joints than improved performance. I will take maintained performance and better joint health, as the performance from these irons is/was fantastic.

Looking good! I like the color combo you ended up going with!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

8 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Looking good! I like the color combo you ended up going with!

Thank you! I’m pretty pleased with how it all turned out. Including the Amazon finds grips, $35 for 13 of them and they are a much better quality than I had any right to hope for, for the price.

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

I actually may regrip mine as well. Debating on what to go with though. Thinking may try a full set of the star grips?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

12 hours ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

Thank you! I’m pretty pleased with how it all turned out. Including the Amazon finds grips, $35 for 13 of them and they are a much better quality than I had any right to hope for, for the price.

Ben these look fantastic. Good work. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

20 hours ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

Update:

As has been discussed here and in other threads, I have made the switch from the KBS Tour shafts that came with the irons into UST Mamiya Recoil 110 f4 shafts for 5-7 T200 & 8-pw T150, as well as my 48 degree SM-9 Vokey gw. I left the 4i T200 Utility with its HZRDUS shaft, as I haven’t been using it much.

While I had the chance, I also opted for these BB&F co ferrules, as I really like them:

IMG_2383.jpeg

IMG_2381.jpeg

IMG_2384.jpeg

So far my use of them has been limited to the net and SIM, but initial impressions are favorable. The clubs feel lighter and quicker in a good way. According to the numbers on Rapsodo Range, distances are similar, if not the same. The impetus behind the switch has more to do with being easier on my joints than improved performance. I will take maintained performance and better joint health, as the performance from these irons is/was fantastic.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the Recoils. These are high on my list for my next fittings, but I haven't hit any yet. My dad loves his Recoil Darts, but these are a bit different I believe.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

On 1/31/2024 at 6:20 PM, GolfSpy_BEN said:

Ben, just curious if you had to adjust shaft length (longer) to keep swing weight close to original, as most graphite shafted irons are 1/2" longer than steel shafted counterparts.

Looks like the Recoils are just a little lighter than the KBS Tours they replaced.

Finished set looks outstanding, and I hope they play as well for you as they look. 😎

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, rkj427 said:

Ben, just curious if you had to adjust shaft length (longer) to keep swing weight close to original, as most graphite shafted irons are 1/2" longer than steel shafted counterparts.

Looks like the Recoils are just a little lighter than the KBS Tours they replaced.

Finished set looks outstanding, and I hope they play as well for you as they look. 😎

They were a used set, so I guess I could have added extensions, but my previous experience with extensions hasn’t been great, so I rolled the dice that the weight difference wouldn’t be unplayable. So far, so good with an admittedly small sample size to draw from. Thus far, it’s been all SIM playing. I’m anxious to get them out on a real course, and see what I’ve got. And yes, I really like the way they turned out visually 😁

WITB:

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

30 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Really happy to hear the Recoil 110's are working for you. And they do look sharp so nice work. 

... On a different note, the T200's passed their final test today. We have had little wind and and ideal weather lately with temps getting into the low 80's. Today a front would be rolling in and the 75* would be dropping to the low 60's. So 20 mph winds were blowing the front our way and the T200's performed amazingly well. I didn't know what to expect with a hollow head players distance iron when hitting partial and knockdown shots. I am sure you know hitting downwind can be tricky because if you don't have enough spin the wind will cause the ball to nose dive instead of carry. 

... I was having one of my best ball striking days of the year today so the wind was a good test for the T200's. They performed exceptionally well both downwind and into the wind. Honestly I was a little shocked at how well they held their line into the wind and was able to keep them just as low as playing my MB's. The hollow heads never "jumped" when hitting 2 extra clubs into the wind and carried well downwind. I hit a smooth 9iron from 160 straight downwind, very conscious of not trying to swing harder, just trusting the carry with the wind and it flew 159 ball mark just right and short of the pin. It is normally my 140/145 club. I just don't see a need for a combo set with different short irons and while not surprised, I am impressed. I think the Titleist T Series entire line up is pretty special. 

... So I skipped the honeymoon and went right into a marriage. 🥳

Very good. 

You are correct, the entire lineup is phenomenal. I like how easy the mid irons are to hit. They are just effortless. As you mentioned, there are no fliers, but one adjustment I had to make and get used to was the 6 iron going 200 yards every time. It isn’t a flier, if it does it consistently. 

Long may you enjoy the T200’s 😁

WITB:

10 hours ago, chisag said:

... Really happy to hear the Recoil 110's are working for you. And they do look sharp so nice work. 

... On a different note, the T200's passed their final test today. We have had little wind and and ideal weather lately with temps getting into the low 80's. Today a front would be rolling in and the 75* would be dropping to the low 60's. So 20 mph winds were blowing the front our way and the T200's performed amazingly well. I didn't know what to expect with a hollow head players distance iron when hitting partial and knockdown shots. I am sure you know hitting downwind can be tricky because if you don't have enough spin the wind will cause the ball to nose dive instead of carry. 

... I was having one of my best ball striking days of the year today so the wind was a good test for the T200's. They performed exceptionally well both downwind and into the wind. Honestly I was a little shocked at how well they held their line into the wind and was able to keep them just as low as playing my MB's. The hollow heads never "jumped" when hitting 2 extra clubs into the wind and carried well downwind. I hit a smooth 9iron from 160 straight downwind, very conscious of not trying to swing harder, just trusting the carry with the wind and it flew 159 ball mark just right and short of the pin. It is normally my 140/145 club. I just don't see a need for a combo set with different short irons and while not surprised, I am impressed. I think the Titleist T Series entire line up is pretty special. 

The T Series irons are sweeter than Aunt Bee's tea! 🥰 Love Love Love the T350s!!  Heck, I hit a few shots with the T200s during my fitting and those dawgs will hunt too!!! 💣

Cleveland

11 hours ago, chisag said:

Love all the feedback on these irons. I might have to look at them myself! 

Play like a champion today!

Ok it's been long enough...headed to the range today to get some swings...I'll send some photos later 🙂

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

23 hours ago, bens197 said:

Ok it's been long enough...headed to the range today to get some swings...I'll send some photos later 🙂

I did happen to take one with my U505 2 iron and all said, yesterday’s range time was so fun. Irons felt incredible and didn’t require too much attention. I’m still struggling with what driver to use this season.

Yesterday was so nice. I cannot wait to get back out this year. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

2 hours ago, bens197 said:

I’m still struggling with what driver to use this season.

... Unless you have already narrowed down your choices, obviously someone of your golfing caliber will need a fitting right? Dialing in the right head/shaft combo can be a little daunting although a fun journey. Is it a specific Ping vs Titleist or are you open to anything? 

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Unless you have already narrowed down your choices, obviously someone of your golfing caliber will need a fitting right? Dialing in the right head/shaft combo can be a little daunting although a fun journey. Is it a specific Ping vs Titleist or are you open to anything? 

Deep down I know I wished this LAGolf shaft into existence. It feels better than anything I’ve ever hit however since putting it in service, it’s been my Achilles. It’s not very tight and my days are feast or famine. That day it was almost a tie between blue TR and the DJ. I know I could spend $400 and get a TR but I want to see if I can fix this first. 

The G400 LST is so good but I’m realizing it’s 7 years old and likely won’t last forever. 

I am hesitant to rushing into another fitting when I’m so close to figuring this out. Especially since I really do like this TSi3. It’ll be new shaft at some point. 

Edited by bens197
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, ole gray said:

Well folks it happened today.  I shot my age (73)!!!   The T350s were spot on as I won two close ups and 1st place in our points game. I'm happier than a bird dog in a quail hunt! 💣

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

3 minutes ago, ole gray said:

Well folks it happened today.  I shot my age (73)!!!   The T350s were spot on as I won two close ups and 1st place in our points game. I'm happier than a bird dog in a quail hunt! 💣

... Well butter my backside and call me a biscuit with your 350's all gussied up but don't get too big for your britches and be a rooster one day and a feather duster the next. Although it seems like your game is as full as a tick on a hound dog these days so Congrats Ole Gray and keep it up!!! 

9 minutes ago, ole gray said:

Congrats Bill! It was always just a matter of time. Well done. ⚡💥🔥

WITB:

6 hours ago, ole gray said:

I’ll never be able to top what @chisag said 🤣

Nice work young man 😊

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

Congratulations @ole gray! That is one heck of a accomplishment! Now just like @chisag said keep being the ROOSTER! There are already plenty of feather dusters!

Mixed bag of goodies: Taylormade M2 driver, Titleist F15 3 wood, Nike 5 wood, Mizuno 923 Hmp irons, Cleveland zipcore wedges and Odyssey 3 ball putter.

9 hours ago, bens197 said:

I’ll never be able to top what @chisag said 🤣

Nice work young man 😊

Thanks buddy!

Cleveland

45 minutes ago, Bad Golfer said:

Congratulations @ole gray! That is one heck of a accomplishment! Now just like @chisag said keep being the ROOSTER! There are already plenty of feather dusters!

Yes sir buddy! I woke my neighbors up this morning crowing 🐓

Edited by ole gray

Cleveland

20 hours ago, ole gray said:

Congrats! Very impressive! 

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/