Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Which club is untouchable?

Shlax

It's my Ping G410 with Hzrd RDX 6.5/70g shaft. Not the most up to date, but the sound and feel make me want to stockpile that head and never switch! A close second might be my Nike Vapor Pro 4i. Not the most forgiving option, given that the blade is sandwiched between a driving iron and a Mizuno JPX919 Forged 5i... but it finds the fairway!

My L.A.B Directed Force 2.1 50” Broomstick is going to be my ride or die putter and isn’t going anywhere. It’s my yip destroyer and I’ve made 85-footers with it. It’s made 3-putting a rarity and almost 2 years into using it I just keep getting better with it.

Currently in the bag:

Cobra Aerojet LS 9* | Cobra LTDx 3 wood 14* | Callaway Utility Wood 17* and 21* | Callaway Apex ‘19 forged 5-PW | Edison 2.0 wedges 49*, 53*, 57* | LAB DF2.1 Broomstick 50” | Transrover bag

My driver, epic flash set at 11.5 neutral at the hosel, sliding weight on draw, mitsubishi tensei av blue r flex. Putter, odyssey sabre tooth bent 2 up with 3 grams of lead tape, super stroke 1.5 slim grip. The grip needs changing but I am afraid to change it because I'm hitting the putts exactly on line every time. So I wrapped it in grip tape and when that wears out I will change it. 

Frank musolino 

I have two clubs, Putter Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 putter. 
Second: Club soda, can’t make a classic Whiskey Highball without it! 

Titleist TRS Driver, Titleist TSR 3 Wood, Titleist TRS 2 Hybrid, Titleist T300 irons, Vokey SM9 wedges 56 - 60, Scotty Cameron putter. 

I would say most clubs are somewhat replaceable in my bag (as of recent, due to the uptick of bad rounds 😅)

The one that won't be moved out anytime soon is my oldest, which I got almost 10 years ago at a PGA Superstore used; a Callaway Steelhead Big Bertha #7. I've been told it might be a senior club, and I am not quite a senior yet at the ripe age of 26. 

This club is tried and true, my misses are never too extreme, and it is great for a nice 175 yd fairway layup off the tee as well.

image.png.db2082833e97a6cdc45c07cb4082f579.png

D : Cobra LTDx Max

FW : Stealth 3 Fairway + Big Bertha #7 Hybrid (lol, I know)

Irons : Too Old (Cobra AMP Cell 4-GW)

Wedges : Need Some Recs! Cobra AMP Cell GW Wilson Harmonized 56

Putter : Huntington Beach Soft 11

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Read my 2023 Titleist White Box Review!

On 9/22/2023 at 7:09 PM, barney_bogey said:

The old XG White Hot #9. Beaten and battered, I've never held another putter that made me want to switch it up. I did finally move to a Super Stroke Flatso 2.0 with it recently. Send to help keep the hands softer.

cc454d31a19be73c94c69108fca1ada4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

I had the same putter in my bag for over 10 years. Just switched last year to a Del Mar.

Driver- cobra F9, 3w- Adam’s TL, 19 H TM GAPR mid, 22 H titleist 910, 5-PW TM rocketbladz tour, 50, 56, 60 Cleveland RTX 3, Scotty special select Del Mar. 

Up until about a week ago I would have said my 3 Iron (Titleist AP2).  It's pretty darn consistent and routinely acts as my fairway finder off the tee for shorter par 4s.  Titleist was at my local club recently and I popped in to get fitted and see if the new T series irons would be a good upgrade.  After telling the fitter that I held the 3 iron in high regard he looked around and pulled out the new Titleist U505 3 utility iron (https://www.titleist.com/product/u•505/558C.html).  I was skeptical at first due to the heavy look of the club; however, once I hit it everything changed.  It was like a cheat code that couldn't miss.  Even when I purposely did a few mishits the darn thing was only offline by a few yards, and 5 yards short of average.  The only problem is with the shaft combination he fit me for, this one club is around $400!

For now I'm going to stick with my current 3 Iron, but I'm definitely getting an itchy trigger finger to get the U505.

--
Andrew Moseley
Savannah, GA

:ping-small:   

ZING2  putter

since the mid 1990's.

Although I have piddled with couple others, nothing has ever lasted more than 2-3 rounds and from 90's through about 2019, nothing else was even touched.

:ping-small:  Anser4 is near a twin of the Zing2, and has been around a few years now also.  Neither are leaving, EVER! 

No Scotty or EvnRoll or Bettinardi or anything else could produce any better results for me, so why bother.  Not that they aren't good putters - just that when I'm holding it, the Zing2 is close to a perfect match.  Any issues are all me, not it.

For about 12 years this answer would have been my 983K.  Oh how it hurt me the day it decided we had to break up!  Still not sure what I did to offend her so badly!  🫤

zing2.jpeg

WITB

Drivers: Cobra F9 w/Atmos

HOOK STICKS(hybrids): Adams Pro 20*/23*  hook sticks!🤓

IRONS: Bridgestone Tour Stage TS-202 (5-PW)  /  Yamaha Inpres XV Forged (5-PW)   /   Ping Eye2 (3-S)

WEDGES: Callaway MackDaddy2 52*/56*

PUTTER: Ping Zing2 /  Anser4  /  Bobby Grace LoPro   / Bobby Grace Fat Lady Swings

BALLS:   :srixon-small:  Z-Star    :vice:  Pro +

:ping-small:        :callaway-logo-1:   :cobra-small:   :1332069271_TommyArmour:      :bobby-grace-1:   :adams-small:      :cleveland-small: 

On 9/23/2023 at 8:02 AM, Shapotomous said:

Given that I have changed irons, putter, driver and 3 wood a couple times over the years that I have had the same hybrids in the bag I have to go with the old Snake Eyes hybrids.  An 18* is always in the bag and the 23* and 27* are once in a while swapped out for a 4 and 5 iron (less often as I get older). 

They are probably 20 years old and have beaten out a few potential replacements over the years.  I do not have the hooky miss with them that I seem to get with other hybrids.  The head / shaft combo works well for me so they stay in the bag.  It will take a broken club for me to move on from them.

THIS

Qualifier as believable.  Clubs can rest assured they have a safe home if they perform!  

WITB

IRONS: Bridgestone Tour Stage TS-202 (5-PW)  /  Yamaha Inpres XV Forged (5-PW)   /   Ping Eye2 (3-S)

PUTTER: Ping Zing2 /  Anser4  /  Bobby Grace LoPro   / Bobby Grace Fat Lady Swings

:ping-small:        :callaway-logo-1:   :cobra-small:   :1332069271_TommyArmour:      :bobby-grace-1:   :adams-small:      :cleveland-small: 

57 minutes ago, MH15 said:

I would say most clubs are somewhat replaceable in my bag (as of recent, due to the uptick of bad rounds 😅)

The one that won't be moved out anytime soon is my oldest, which I got almost 10 years ago at a PGA Superstore used; a Callaway Steelhead Big Bertha #7. I've been told it might be a senior club, and I am not quite a senior yet at the ripe age of 26. 

This club is tried and true, my misses are never too extreme, and it is great for a nice 175 yd fairway layup off the tee as well.

image.png.db2082833e97a6cdc45c07cb4082f579.png

BOOM! another club resting easy!  

WITB

On 9/23/2023 at 9:33 AM, BIG STU said:

For me it is the old V-Steel 7 wood. I have had it in my bag since it was new and it is dependable. Actually I am pretty well set on what is in my bag now. I recently resurrected my old Ping B-90 I broomstick that I have had some 15 years now. I played it a couple of years and put it in the back of the building. Ever since I had my accident I have had nerve damage and conventional putting bending over makes the nerves in my back twitch. I went back to it after I saw the success Lucas Glover had with his. I am putting well with it and do not hurt and twitch. I never anchored before and I do not anchor now. I really need to update the WITB in my signature

Loyal to clubs! 

You perform, you have a home!!!

WITB

On 9/22/2023 at 6:09 PM, barney_bogey said:

The old XG White Hot #9. Beaten and battered, I've never held another putter that made me want to switch it up. I did finally move to a Super Stroke Flatso 2.0 with it recently. Send to help keep the hands softer.

cc454d31a19be73c94c69108fca1ada4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

HECK YA!!! Like seeing this, loyalty across decades!

WITB

My PXG GEN 4 DROVER and my COBRA SuperNova 20° 3d printed putter.

I have the Gen 4 driver too! I know a lot of people didn’t like the silver on the top, but I really like it. I would upgrade the driver if given a chance because I do spin it quite a bit.
The one I wouldn’t give up right now is my Sub70 AL-6 arm lock putter! It’s helped my game more than any other club change.
f5e28fc8e4b5f4985921ca5d762cb549.jpg

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

Hard one.. If this was a month ago I would have said my TSR3 with a Ventus TR Black, but it’s giving me fits at the moment. 

So it’s going to have to be my PXG 0311 Gen5 2 Hybrid that I have cranked down to 16.5° of loft. Has a Tensei Pro White 100TX shaft in it and it does wonders for me.

Driver: Titleist TSR3 9° w/ Ventus Black TR 60X 

2 Hybrid: PXG 0311 Gen5 16° w/Tensei Pro White 100TX

4 Hybrid: PXG 0311 Gen5 19.5° w/Tensei Pro White 100TX

Irons: 4-PW PXG 0317 CB w/DG TI X100 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9; 50.10F, 54.10S & 58.08M w/ Nippon Modus Pro Wedge 125 

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Black Jack 35”

I’m pretty happy with my bag. My TSR-2 and Gen 3 T-Series irons are safe to stay. But my Cameron & Crown putter won’t have to worry about me sneaking behind its back with a younger model. 

Titleist TSR 11 degree, HZRDS Red R 44.75 LH

Titleist TSR-1 5/7 Woods LH

Titleist TSR-1 23 Hybrid LH

Titleist T200  7-48 - T350 6 Tensai AMT Red LH

Titleist SM9 50-54-58 TT AMT Red LH

Scotty Phantom X 7.5 RH

#1 Absolutely will not replace my L.A.B. MEZZ.1. I don't even look at other putters anymore.

I would be hard pressed to replace my TM M3 Rescue. In facti have an extra head in case something should happen to my gamer.

:cobra-small: Aerojet LS 9° / Brava BGT SE F/4
:taylormade-small: Stealth FW 5 / TPT 16 MK/MT/SW
:taylormade-small: M3 3/19° Rescue / Fujikura Ventus Red 7-S
:ping-small: iCrossover 4 / :accra: Fx200H M4
:srixon-small: Srixon ZX7 (5-AW) - :Nippon: ProModus3 Tour 120
:mizuno-small:  T20 56° & 60°/ :Nippon: ProModus3 Tour 125 Wedge
Royal GRIP V Sand Wrap
L.A.B. MEZZ.1 / L.A.B. :accra:
:bridgestone-small: Tour BX

It’s got to say something if I absolutely not looking for any new club or replacement to my bag. So it’s not easy to choose but I’d go 1. with Odyssey White hot Dart putter and 2. TM M-4 5H. I’ve had this type of putter for well over decade, while the hybrid has been in my bag for 3+ years. But got to say Big Bertha 4H is gaining this ground fast

I'm not sure there's any such animal in my bag.  I'd like to think I was pretty thoughtful and thorough when I selected the clubs in my bag.  And I recognize 100% that it's almost always the archer and not the arrow.  That said, if there's a club that I find that will help me hit the ball longer, straighter, with more control, and/or with greater feel in an appreciable manner and is worth the cost of the club, I'd be willing to trade up to the new club.  I have no "Billy Baroo" (or however you spell that) in my bag. 

Swings change the more or less you play, the more good or bad habits set in, and whether you regularly take lessons or instruction.  The clubs I play now would not have been good for me as recently as a few years ago, because I've taken lessons and fixed a few flaws that these current clubs really would have exposed (and my game would have suffered as a result).  Now, of course, I've found new flaws that I have to work on improving.  The OP has that 3 wood that he can smoke on command, and that's great...I have no club from which I get repeatable, excellent results.  So I'm open to changing clubs and upgrading if the target club demonstrates an improvement to my game (that justifies the cost).

Mizuno ST200G driver, Diamana White stiff

Mizuno ST200 Tour Spoon 3 wood, Diamana White stiff

Titleist TSR 7 wood, stiff

Mizuno MP223 irons, 4-GW, Nippon Modus X-stiff

Edison Forged wedges, 55 and 59 degree, KBS Tour stiff

Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom 5s

My Scotty Cameron Newport 2 is off-limits.  I've kidded friends that I might be buried with the club.  Since I won it at a club event almost 10 years ago not only has it not left my bag but I haven't seriously considered another putter.  We'll see what happens at the next fitting but I imagine its staying.

Driver; Callaway RAZR Fit

Fairway and hybrids: Callaway X2 Pro

Irons: Mizuno JPX 825

Wedges: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Easily my Taylormade Stealth Driver. I have gotten to a consistency point of easily being 270+ driving. I even am able to do a fade or a draw at will and have shaved a few strokes off. I've never had a club be this great for my game.

Damien--Titleist & TaylorMade enthusiast. Bag is feeling betrayed with no TaylorMade items in it currently. Former College golfer.

image.png.d46e5ea58c55d6c5b02a89db1e501fe0.pngCallaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 10.5 

image.png  Titleist 816 H1 Hybrid 19*

image.png.1bd1e1ee5179defcf5675fc4508a582b.png  Byrdie Golf Designs OG Collection Irons 4-PW 

image.png CG14 60 degree

image.png.968287d9caeb64893046ab6bd3357bf0.pngT22 Copper C Grind 56.06 Degree

Pinemeadow EGI Chipper

image.png Cleveland Cleveland Golf HB Soft Premier #10.5C OS 35"

image.png.13bdddbdaccc707e6f342d9f8e7bfe4e.png OnCore Vero X2 & X1 balls

Red Rooster Testing Review:

Titleist White Box Testing Review:

On 9/23/2023 at 5:58 AM, jdparker said:

This one is pretty easy for me.  I guess I really have two.

LAB DF2.1 - I had been looking at them for a while and finally pulled the trigger on it and couldn't be happier!  It will probably stay in the bag for a very long time.

Srixon Irons - Finally fitted for irons and first brand new set.  

If we added what clubs we missed, it would be my old Cleveland wedges.  I like my vokeys but I am not married to them.

My clevelands are finally wearing down and I may have to replace them, so I am very sad to potentially need to replace.

Damien--Titleist & TaylorMade enthusiast. Bag is feeling betrayed with no TaylorMade items in it currently. Former College golfer.

image.png.d46e5ea58c55d6c5b02a89db1e501fe0.pngCallaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 10.5 

image.png  Titleist 816 H1 Hybrid 19*

image.png.1bd1e1ee5179defcf5675fc4508a582b.png  Byrdie Golf Designs OG Collection Irons 4-PW 

image.png CG14 60 degree

image.png.968287d9caeb64893046ab6bd3357bf0.pngT22 Copper C Grind 56.06 Degree

Pinemeadow EGI Chipper

image.png Cleveland Cleveland Golf HB Soft Premier #10.5C OS 35"

image.png.13bdddbdaccc707e6f342d9f8e7bfe4e.png OnCore Vero X2 & X1 balls

Red Rooster Testing Review:

Titleist White Box Testing Review:

4 minutes ago, d0m41n said:

My clevelands are finally wearing down and I may have to replace them, so I am very sad to potentially need to replace.

Yeah I miss my older ones for sure. CG10, 900's.  They just felt right.  I need to do some testing on different wedges and upgrade that part of my bag.  I like the Vokeys but have had to add lead tape to them.  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter