Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Tampa Bay area Christmas 2023

CrashChris

Morning Everyone,

New to the forum but been a golfer for a long time. I am making the way to Zephyr Hills during this Christmas for the family trip but also want to get some golf in. I am looking to play TPC Tampa and am open to some other ones as well. If anyone has some recommendations that would be great and if you have room for a single that would be great too. I don't mind paying alone but hey if anyone else wants to join that would be fun.

I will likely be there from the 24th of December to the 4th of Jan.

Thanks

Chris

Welcome to the forum. TPC Tampabay is a great track. They just finished a refurbish this summer. You can always try Saddlebrook as well. If you don’t mind a little drive you can look at Innisbrook, Dunedin cc, Westchase, and Fox Hollow. They will all be in good shape as it’s getting into season for us down here.  If you are part of a private club at home you could always see if your pro will call any of the private clubs around here for a reciprocal.  Tampa Palms, Hunters green up by where you are staying and there are more if you want to drive. 

like I said that time will be season here and everything gets crowded during that time. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Driver:  :titleist-small:  TSi2 9*  :Fuji: Ventus Black 6S

Fairway: :titleist-small: TSi2 15*  :Fuji: Speeder Evo III 70S

Utility: :titleist-small: T-200 3 Iron  :Fuji: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Irons: :titleist-small: 620CB w/ :truetemper: DGTI X100 4-6

Irons:  :titleist-small: 620MB w/ :truetemper: DGTI X100 7-PW

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM9 50/08F 56/12S 60/04T

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2+ 34" 

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 #31 (Currently Ball Testing)

CrashChris - welcome to the forums!  I also live in the area, about an hour South of where you will be at.  I might be the odd man out in that I am not a big fan of TPC Tampa.  I like the course, can't stand and I really mean I can't stand the pace of play.  In fact, I've given up trying to play there because of it and frankly it would be such an easy fix - typically the front nine moves but then groups stop to get something to eat or drink at the turn and that along with lots of water on the back slows things to a crawl.  I almost always end up with a tight back when I play there.

Okay enough venting - there are so many good courses that it's hard to hit them all - Count me in on the Foxhollow recommendation, Innisbrook is a bit of a drive but it has 4 great courses - Saddlebrook is an old school layout that would be close to you, it has two courses, I saw Dunedin CC mentioned, not always in the best of shape but it is a Donald Ross classic.   I'd certainly enjoy playing with you if you didn't mind traveling an hour or so - I belong to a private club so it's not as crowded as the resort courses you'd probably play - I'm tied up through Christmas but on vacation after that.  I stay at a timeshare the week you are here but it's only 20 minutes from my club and I'd want to play during that week.  You could look me up as we get closer to your visit and I'd enjoy arranging for us to play a round.  There are also some other golfers in the area - I'm just noticing that Rosey31 is - you could hit me up too if you wanted and I'd get you out on Bayou (that's my club) - I'm having Cataract surgery in a couple of weeks but once I've recovered from that I'd love to get out with you, too.  

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• 1 month later...

Hey RevKev,

i am getting excited to head south. Leaving this friday and driving straight the 24hrs. My wife seems pretty cool with me playing lots of golf, but that may change when we get there. A few days of course i will do stuff with the fam but love to take you up on your offer to get out and golf. I am up for whatever. Next week weather doesn't look amazing but who knows what it will be like then. Once i talk with the wife a bit more and find out what days she has things planned i can message you back and maybe we can set something up.

talk soon.

Chris