Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

MyGolfSpy Forum: How To Be A Tester Guide

GolfSpy_APH
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

This is for informational purposes only. Please do not apply in this thread! 

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

Also important to keep these 3 things in mind as we enter the 2024 testing season:

• no profile pic = no test. 

• Carefully consider the opportunity before you sign up. If you are selected to test an item, it will likely be the only test you will be selected for this season. 
  • Testing equipment does not in any way equate to a free giveaway. By agreeing to test something you will be agreeing to give a good portion of your time and attention over a 4-6 week period. Testing is a lot of fun, but it is also work and should be considered as such.

With that being said, good luck this season and I can’t wait to share all the good things we are working on with you all!

Very wise and helpful words of wisdom from Jamie and Ben.  I would also add, give thought on how you are going to test, what will the control or comparator group be, what will be your methodology and is it measureable. If you see a difference, is it significant and will it be noticeable on the course.  So give some thought to the process before you apply. 

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, Vokey SM9 48*10F, 54* 12D, 58* 8M, DG S400

Putter: Evnroll tour, stability shaft, Evnroll gravity grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Cfhandyman said:

Very wise and helpful words of wisdom from Jamie and Ben.  I would also add, give thought on how you are going to test, what will the control or comparator group be, what will be your methodology and is it measureable. If you see a difference, is it significant and will it be noticeable on the course.  So give some thought to the process before you apply. 

It’s always a great idea to be thinking how you would test/review before applying.  I would only say this to your statement. These tests/reviews are not in anyway meant to be a comparison to what you already have. While that will always be asked about and for sure be part of every review, it should never be the centerpiece. Testing the OEM claims is also important but never never compare fitted clubs to test clubs unless equally fit. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

30 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

It’s always a great idea to be thinking how you would test/review before applying.  I would only say this to your statement. These tests/reviews are not in anyway meant to be a comparison to what you already have. While that will always be asked about and for sure be part of every review, it should never be the centerpiece. Testing the OEM claims is also important but never never compare fitted clubs to test clubs unless equally fit. 

Thanks for the clarification and sorry for the confusion.  It’s the science/healthcare side of me coming through. In testing/clinical trials there always is a control or comparator group where a lot of thought is given to the methodology and how to test properly. Fitted clubs to unfitted test clubs is not a good comparator. My apologies and sorry for the confusion. 

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

8 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

No worries. You just gave me an opening to talk about the comparative side of these reviews.    

These reviews are a great way for OEM’s to get the clubs into “Average Joes” or “Real Golfers” hands so to speak. Most options for these club reviews are stock options which can help golfers that have similar game but prefer to buy off the rack or can’t get fit.  

For example, take the Odin X1 ball test getting ready to finish up. Odin says this ball is comparable to the ProV1. So naturally comparing those 2 balls is needed but it’s much more important to let everyone know if it worked for you or not and why. 

Thank you for the insight and clarification. This is helpful information to know. 

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Going to add that something we do look at and gives us a lot more confidence in selecting members for testing is off season activity and having a variety of threads in which they are participating in. 

I know it isn't golf season for many, but doesn't mean there isn't a lot of good content and things happening on the forum. We love seeing consistent activity out of members as it shows us a member isn't here just for testing. To add to that we have a lot of members that come out of the wood works when testing starts up again and all of the sudden they are active again. While we get it and not everyone wants to be here or has the time to be here all year, it does give us a bit of insight into their potential true motivation. 

Finally we just like to see a variety of of threads and not just a certain few... especially if they are only the controversial ones. 

Thank you for this. This type of insightful information is helpful to all of us. 

It was an absolute pleasure for me to be able to have tested the TAIII Sub 70 wedges this last year and I learned a lot about short gameplay while testing them! They are not in the bag right now (which I need to update in my review I know), However, they are a wonderful set of wedges and I still bring them out here and there because the performance is exceptional and they look so good! Hoping to be added to the list of some tests this year and I will be performing an unofficial review on a brand many probably have never heard of before. 

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Going to add that something we do look at and gives us a lot more confidence in selecting members for testing is off season activity and having a variety of threads in which they are participating in. 

I know it isn't golf season for many, but doesn't mean there isn't a lot of good content and things happening on the forum. We love seeing consistent activity out of members as it shows us a member isn't here just for testing. To add to that we have a lot of members that come out of the wood works when testing starts up again and all of the sudden they are active again. While we get it and not everyone wants to be here or has the time to be here all year, it does give us a bit of insight into their potential true motivation. 

Finally we just like to see a variety of of threads and not just a certain few... especially if they are only the controversial ones. 

Thank you for the additional insight toward participation throughout the year and testing. I'm very happy that I stumble across MGS over a year ago.

Only bad thing... I didn't find you sooner!!! 

Glad to be a proud member!!

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

2024 Member Testing season has officially kicked off with the testing opportunity from Arias Golf Canada

It is the first of many this season. We will have testing opportunities from a ton of different companies. Some we have seen before, some are new like Arias. With products ranging from all areas of golf. The Forum staff left no stone unturned when looking into opportunities and we are very excited for the schedule we have built out so far. 

We have also done our best to cater to the time of year for golfers. Knowing any are still not able to hit the golf course yet expect to see products which will suit those situations. 

It is shaping up to be an incredible season and we are all very much looking forward to it. 

I would like to sincerely thank MGS and the hard working forum staff for finding and sharing these opportunities with us. It is greatly appreciated and we look forward to a great season of testing, reviews and comments. 

Looking forward to new/improved products and their reviews. MGS does a remarkable job with these.

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

Thank you to MGS corporate, MGS forums staff, the mods, and it's delegating members, for finding ways to make these test opportunities available. I can only imagine the amount of behind the scenes effort that must go into it.

(Insert oompa loompa factory gif here)

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Definitely looking forward to signing up to be a tester. Going to be excited whether I’m selected or not to read the reviews of the ones doing the testing.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

Your review of Testers’ criteria for selection was excellent. I certainly learned a lot of facts, which I did not know. Great idea and execution. I follow your website and especially the Forums because I spend 7 months in Canada and 5 months in tiny little Blythe, CA. Consequently, I can golf year round.

I included a rock that I painted last year for friends in Blythe to remind them of them of their golf accomplishments in the sunny South in the winter.

Can’t wait to be selected as a TESTER! Keep up your high calibre and hard work.

Cheers to all American and Canadian friends.

IMG_0838.jpeg

P.A. Renaud - Tour Edge Driver 10.5* Senior Shaft

Tour Edge #3, #5 and #7 fairway woods

Callaway Epic Star irons - Senior shafts - 5 to gap wedge

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2023 at 9:20 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Thank you again for the clarification. This could not be made any clearer. There are many great products made available for testing each year. Kudos to the MGS team for making this happen. Congrats also to those chosen and their unbiased assessment of the products they test. 2024 is shaping up to be a great year for MGS!

MyGolfSpy Forum Guide: How To Be A Tester

As promised I wanted to do an update for our Want To Be A Tester Thread. We take pride in our transparency and member testing platform. 2023 was an incredible season and it continues to provide amazing opportunities to all of our members. 

For those new to the Forum let me break down the keys to becoming a Forum Tester and how to increase your chances at being selected. (I will break down the why afterwards)

It should also be noted that we as staff view member testing opportunities as a way to give back to the members who have contributed so much to our community. It should also be noted that these reviews are a lot of work and take a lot of time to commit to. 

All Forum Members selected for testing must have a profile photo. This is our most basic rule, but the bottom line is no profile photo = no selection. 

Recent Activity - We want to see and have members who are actively engaged in the community. This does not necessarily mean posting everyday 10 plus times a day. But a steady history or pattern of activity is a must. 

Posting an unofficial review. This is not a must, but helps give us an idea for your writing style and overall ability and completing a thorough review for us. 

These are 3 simple, yet very effective ways to being noticed by the Forum Staff and having your name stand out as we go through the tester selection process. 

Now as to why we look for those previous 3 areas of criteria. 

Photos and media content are essential for testing. While some people are good writers, a bunch of text can be a tough slog to read through. We want to see creative photos and media that highlight the product. If someone cannot even bother to post a profile photo it gives us little confidence they could do any photos in a review. 

Photos and media are becoming ever more important for our reviews, especially with our Forum Recap Articles gaining further recognition and popularity with OEMs and MyGolfSpy readers. Good, high quality photos which highlight and feature the product are essential. 

Recent Activity is also extremely important. This shows us reliability to post consistently and take part in conversation throughout the testing period, as well as after the testing period. Being able to see that history gives us added confidence in our selection. Now when I say history I do not mean years of posting. It will be shown a little later in this post, but we actively try to get new people involved. 

Posting an unofficial review is pretty self explanatory, but for us when we are giving out thousands of dollars worth of equipment we want to have a level of confidence in who we are selecting. 

So is that all we look at when selecting testers? No, definitely not. 

The other things we look at and take note of are as follows. 

Post to Reaction Ratio: This is a simple metric, but gives us a slight idea of the value contributions to the community. However posting in the Good Morning Thread is a bit of a cheat code for that. 

Donor Status: For those that have, but don’t have the tag please let one of the staff members know and we can add that for you. While not a deal breaker one way or another, it can be used as a tie breaker. 

OEM requests: This one you can’t really know about ahead of time. However as these companies are providing equipment for free they are within their rights to ask for certain handicaps, situations, swing speeds, geographic regions and more. These questions are asked in the signup form. 

For those with lower post counts we can see login dates to see that someone is visiting the site. Maybe you are someone who loves reading the forum, but are hesitant to post that much or feel as though you do not have a lot to contribute. I ensure that you do have a lot to contribute no matter who you are, but at least this allows us to see that someone is taking an active interest in the forum. 

For those that have tested before. Previous review grades and comments are taken into account. More on that below. 

How long do I have to be a Forum Member before I am considered for Testing?

A week? A month? Longer? I was a member for 2 years before I was selected for my first testing opportunity. However it took me a year to really get involved. There is no magic number for how long it takes to be a tester. Simply put we want to select members who are active contributors within our community. That doesn’t have to mean a long history of posts. 

We also actively try our best to give at least one new tester in on every testing opportunity that happens. In 2023 this happened in nearly every test. 

What else can help me become a tester?

These are small things and are not requirements, but help with us getting to know you a little more or at the very least recognize your forum name. 

Follow us on our social platforms - The Forum has accounts on Instagram and Twitter… or X. 

Join our Community Call: Every Thursday we host a Community Call for our members to have general chit chat and sometimes Live Q&A with different golf companies or people. These are a great way for a member to get to know the staff, ask questions and for us to get to know you a little better. Importantly you don’t have to have your camera or mic on, but can simply sit back and listen or type questions in the chat. It is a great way to quickly get involved and see what our community is all about. 

What are the other rules or guidelines to Member Testing?

Members generally only get one opportunity to test each season. Meaning if you are selected for a set of irons it is unlikely you will be selected for another test during the season. There are some exceptions, however we have a lot of great members and want to spread the opportunities around as best we can. 

Smaller tests such as golf balls, gloves, grips and that sort of thing do leave you eligible for other tests later in the season, however members will only be allowed to be involved in one review at a time. Basically no testing two items at once. 

For our testing opportunities like Cobra Challenge and full bag opportunities a member can only take part in these once. Period. These are amazing opportunities and of course a lot of fun and work, but we have too many incredible members to give these to any member multiple times. 

I mention these previous points to highlight a greater point. Please only register or sign up for the testing opportunities you are really excited about and if you are currently testing please do not sign up for other testing opportunities. To be frank it looks greedy and like you are only here for free stuff. 

Are there certain things that would make me ineligible for a testing opportunity?

Outside of not having a profile photo, it should go without saying but all testers must be members of the forum. To that end you must also be a member in good standing. This means no current warnings on your account. 

Another factor that comes into play are poor previous review scores. I will put this bluntly, if a tester have gone mia on a testing opportunity in the past or been a difficult tester missing deadlines, not providing a review or come close to meeting the deadlines. We have very little reason to consider that person for any future review opportunities. We have too many deserving members to go back to that well or take that risk. 

Geo Restrictions are the other factor. It should be highlighted and noted that we encourage all testing opportunities to be eligible for all our members, however some OEMs have certain restrictions and in the end it is their call. I am a lefty and live outside the US so I am in your corner, but we are also not going to deny an opportunity if is just US only. Another factor in this is over 90% of the community is US and Canada based. Getting a larger portion of outside NA members will help increase are chances of getting more worldwide testing. 

I have been selected as a tester, now what?

Your lead Forum Staff Member will guide you throughout the process. If there is a fitting involved or any other requirements they will facilitate those and ensure that everything is run smoothly. 

Most importantly, carefully read all the instructions and documents provided. There is a lot to go over and missing key points can cause you to get behind or miss important deadlines. 

The biggest thing is ask questions if you have them! The forum staff are here to help and work with all the testers throughout the process. 

What Happens After Testing?

Even after an official test is completed it is highly encouraged that testers continue to take part in discussion. There may still be questions and may still activity on the thread which you should engage in. We love seeing ongoing and longer term updates as it helps anyone considering buying the product have a longer term view of how the product performs. 

Your Lead Forum Staff Member will then grade your review and participation and you will be given a survey to fill out. After these have been completed you will get your official tester badge!

Technically speaking you are now eligible to enter in for more testing opportunities, however as we said above for the most part a member will only get to take part in 1 tester per season. Again I repeat it is why anyone should only sign up for the products they are truly interested in. 

FAQ

I never get picked! Why don't I ever get picked?
I hear you, but have you done most of the above? Have you provided worthwhile contributions to the forum? Do you have a profile photo? The answers are all above and we lay out the process pretty clear. The rest is up to you. That being said posting in the TESTERS WANTED pages does not count towards your post count. Also the pick me pick me type posts don't really fly with us. Post them as you like or if you like, but again we want to see members adding value to the forum. Those posts are not. 

What happens if I get sick or injured during testing?
Look this is a lot of work, but at the end of the day we understand things in life happen. TELL THE FORUM STAFF! We can make adjustments and arrange dates to work with everyone's schedule. However you have to tell us first!

I don't have social media accounts, does that mean I can't be a tester?
This is not a requirement for us. It is nice when the forum gets mentioned and a member is able to bring attention to the forum via social channels, but not a requirement. Good photos however are and with phones today there is little reason why anyone wouldn't be able to take a decent photo. 

Why don't we know what tests are coming so we can wait to sign up for the ones we really want and not risk getting picked for one we don't really love?
We build our schedule out starting about now, however it takes time and things move around so there are no guarantees on when a test will be posted or moved. Posting our schedule to everyone also wouldn't be fair to the smaller tests or some of the lesser known brands which come to testing. We want excitement for every test and mystery in whats to come. If you aren't excited about the product up for testing, don't sign up. 

I was picked and the product just didn't work for me. What now?
First I hope that the person enjoyed the review and was able to provide a good thorough and honest review. If it doesn't work, so be it! That being said we do not allow for any reason a member to sell their testing equipment for at least 2 product cycles. If it doesn't work for you, then pass it along to another member and let them try it. This happened several times this season with various products and members were able to get more testing opportunities. Pay it forward!

But seriously, I have been here for X amount of years and still never get picked. 
Yeah I bring this up again because you would not believe the emails we get. We picked a lot of testers this year, if a longer term member hasn't been picked the basics of is the timing wasn't right or the activity level just wasn't there. There are some tests we feel some testers would be great for and others not as great, we have thousands of applications and have to pick 4-6, it isn't easy and not a ton of fun. If your name hasn't been called there are some gaps in the above material. 

I hope all of you have found this beneficial and productive to go through. The forum staff spend a lot of time going through all the applicants and reviews and so much more. It is not an easy task and we take pride in the selections we make. The testers that don't live up to expectations well that is tough for us and not a great look on us, the forum and this community. Therefore we take a good amount of time and effort to hand pick each tester. There were some testers this year that under performed to a level that they will not be partaking in testing moving forward. On a good note there were a ton of excellent testers and reviews which we are all very proud of. 

If you have questions please just ask! If you have concerns or want to know more then please reach out to one of the forum staff members. The other thread is going to be locked and this will be the main thread moving forward. There will also be subsequent larger drops of information here for all to view as we aim to be as transparent as possible with testing and make sure that anyone who really wants to be a tester will have that chance and ability to be. 

Thank you all for reading!

Using Cure CX3 putter

This thread is a great explanation as to what's expected to be a tester. Just being on the forum and taking part in conversations is great. It is a safe(ish) space to just talk golf. get involved and the rewards will be great.

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

I agree, there seems to be alot more that goes into not just the selection process, but the sustainability of both the members selected, and the quality required to keep future tests coming. 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

@GolfSpy_APH thank you for laying out all of that info into one, or well two I guess, comprehensive posts - that Guide is a much needed reference that hopefully will be (should be) read by all prospective testers!!

(..maybe a permanent banner link to it?)

Also I appreciate the, as you called it, transparency so we all fully understand everything that's going on.

On 1/4/2024 at 3:10 PM, GolfSpy_BEN said:

Testing equipment does not in any way equate to a free giveaway. By agreeing to test something you will be agreeing to give a good portion of your time and attention over a 4-6 week period. Testing is a lot of fun, but it is also work and should be considered as such.

Ben thank you for adding that (my emphasis added) - was gonna say something very similar...

I've really enjoyed .. very much! .. the testing opportunities I've had over the years on here. I've...

• truly learned a LOT,
  • had fun interacting with the other testers and other forum members who've asked questions, and
  • really improved my golf game in the process!! 👍

BUT...

• doing all the testing and reviewing and composing a good write up add up to a HUGE time commitment!

Prospective testers please keep in mind that these reviews - your review - can potentially influence someone's go/no go purchasing decision..! 

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

So great of @GolfSpy_APH to put this information together for everyone either joining for the first time or those who have been around for a while. If you are looking for an opportunity to test for the forum show your interest in it and be involved. I feel like what got me to stand out as a potential tester was to participate(!) in the weekly forum call (I regret that I have not been as involved as I would like). The other thing I would say is to get yourself following other forum members. See their stuff get engaged with those individuals who post more often and share your insights on things they have shared. In all here is where participation points do matter!

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg

This was a real help, to understand the criteria(s) used to determine who/what is tested.  Definitely used this as a guide!!!

Thank you for the consideration and testing opportunities last year.

Cheers.

B_LinksGolf "Any day golfing is better than a day in the office"

What's in the Bag:

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST 3diamond LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

3w/5w: Callaway Rogue ST LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

4i-6i: Callaway '24 Apex CB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

7i-10i: Callaway '24 Apex MB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw (matte black) 50ºs-grind/54ºs-grind/58ºz-grind

Putter: Callaway AI-one Jailbird mini DB 35"

Very wise words of wisdom and insight from @GolfSpy_APH,    so pay attention, read closely and carefully. As your teacher used to say, you will see this stuff again. Another perspective to consider is before a manufacturer agrees to supply product for testing they will have expectations/performance metrics they may be looking for. Secondly, thousands of people apply for the opportunity to test, so to be one of the testers chosen is in my mind a privilege and an honour. 

The directors, moderators etc will want to ensure the best possible outcomes as it relates to reviews and that means being very selective in who is chosen. Success today with respect to quality and thoroughness of reviews, leads to further success down the road in terms of increased testing opportunities and we’re already seeing that. There is a great deal of work and thought involved to ensure a good, comprehensive and thorough review as well as collaboration with your fellow testers. There are very many really good people on the forum who love and are passionate about golf, but more importantly are respectful of each other, very helpful and want to help and learn from each other.

So today, when someone is chosen as a tester, my first thought more often than not, is that’s a very good choice, they will do a great job. A long way from apply for everything and why wasn’t I selected. 

Well written, and very to the point, posts  by all above.

I don't stick around just waiting for the next testing opportunity,  I actually enjoy coming here daily (ok, multiple times daily, 😂) and reading,  learning, and enjoying all there is available. And boy, is there ALOT! I know you will find a multitude of healthy discussions or insightful topics to become engaged in.