Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

MyGolfSpy Forum: How To Be A Tester Guide

GolfSpy_APH
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

This is for informational purposes only. Please do not apply in this thread! 

1 hour ago, Proimpactclubworx said:

Have you considered allowing bigger file sizes for pictures? Every profile picture I try to upload is too big for allowable size

I use Snapseed for resizing photos for both my profile photo and to post pictures on the forum. 

2 hours ago, Proimpactclubworx said:

Have you considered allowing bigger file sizes for pictures? Every profile picture I try to upload is too big for allowable size

I’ve found a really simple way of doing this is to email yourself the photo and choose the size to send. Then you can download it at the smaller file size within minutes.

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

We share this thread constantly, and will continue to do so. We want to select new people for testing. 

Why? Because it is a lot of fun and we want to share in the journey and experience with more members of our fantastic community. 

How can you best get noticed? Unofficial reviews of whatever product you have is a great start! Make a WIYB (Whats in Your Bag) post and share whats in your bag, post some photos and a little about the why of your golf bag! 

Introduce yourself! 

These are not random selections, these are hand picks made by the forum staff and we truly want to get as many members and golfers involved as possible! 

If you have questions feel free to reach out to me or any of the other forum staff! 

Jamie, thank you for these regular reminders, tips and recommendations. Guess, I’m making a WITB post and how TXG got it right with the fitting. Thank you. 

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, Vokey SM9 48*10F, 54* 12D, 58* 8M, DG S400

Putter: Evnroll tour, stability shaft, Evnroll gravity grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

We share this thread constantly, and will continue to do so. We want to select new people for testing. 

Why? Because it is a lot of fun and we want to share in the journey and experience with more members of our fantastic community. 

How can you best get noticed? Unofficial reviews of whatever product you have is a great start! Make a WIYB (Whats in Your Bag) post and share whats in your bag, post some photos and a little about the why of your golf bag! 

Introduce yourself! 

These are not random selections, these are hand picks made by the forum staff and we truly want to get as many members and golfers involved as possible! 

If you have questions feel free to reach out to me or any of the other forum staff! 

Keep putting it out there, it will become second nature once everyone keeps seeing it.

Thank you for sharing this post, I will go in every now and then to check mine out and update need be.

I appreciate you and everything MGS brings to the world of golf!!

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

I think it’s a great opportunity to learn from the everyday players like we all are. 
The pros endorse what they want, 
we endorse what works for the avg joe. 
Most of us don’t have the deep pockets to afford some of the high end stuff so it’s great to learn about products from smaller companies that may be just as good!

Steve Martak

49 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Exactly this. 

Many just want to be given free stuff. In fact we have actually lost members due to all the free no obligation stuff that gets given away on socials. They now just spend their time trying to win there, rather than interacting here. Which is fine! To each their own, but we are also acutely aware of that when we see certain names on the testers wanted signups. 

We lay out what we want or look for pretty clearly. We post it often enough that it should ... ugh ... should be easy enough to find and follow. However it may just take a little effort in order for us to trust people with hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of equipment. 

Of course I say all of this and you know all of this already! 

There is so much work and time involved with being a part of a test.  You really have to be committed and put in the effort to make it successful.

I know the team puts in a ton of effort behind the scenes to make these opportunities even possible.  I’ve posted it before many times…but it really can’t be said enough, the MGS team is awesome and I am thank for your effort and dedication!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Exactly this. 

Many just want to be given free stuff. In fact we have actually lost members due to all the free no obligation stuff that gets given away on socials. They now just spend their time trying to win there, rather than interacting here. Which is fine! To each their own, but we are also acutely aware of that when we see certain names on the testers wanted signups. 

We lay out what we want or look for pretty clearly. We post it often enough that it should ... ugh ... should be easy enough to find and follow. However it may just take a little effort in order for us to trust people with hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of equipment. 

Of course I say all of this and you know all of this already! 

Okay,  im one of those who enters dozens of SM contests. But, I have remained 100% committed to what this forum and it's members bring.  I'm not here for the free $hit. I'm not here for stats either.  I truly learn so much here, and I enjoy engaging the community too. That's not something I normally do.  The knowledge here is valuable. 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

8 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Oh we know Rob!

Never had a doubt with you. I was more referencing to many who we don't see anymore. Members who were long time contributors and now have moved on to just tagging me relentlessly in social posts lol

Again to each their own! Nothing wrong with that and good on them for getting those prizes.

You and so many others know the work it takes for a review. It's not a prize, it is a part time job!

I also look at it like this - I got a putter to test (Odyssey) it was valued at $400 so now I need to make sure I provide at least $500 worth of content. That meant a lot of posts and responses and more.

If we give someone a $600 driver and they only post 20 times... Do those posts equal $30 per? Maybe, but they better be big thorough posts.

This is all of course during testing. I would prefer to see near 60 posts and updates or thoughts during then to make it closer to the $10 range.

Pretty sure @GolfSpy_KFT made 500 posts in the Cobra thread for his full bag.

It's not necessarily how we look at it, but it's something to consider.

I really like what @cnosilmentioned earlier about having a plan before signing up.  With all of the updates, it has to be engaging for others…writing a book isn’t necessarily the best way to keep someone following.  Words, pictures and data all go together in my opinion.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

12 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Introduce yourself! 

Bookmark this folks.  Put yourself out there and engage…it’s worth it!  And not just for the opportunity to test…you meet some really great folks along the way 🙂

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Great insight into how people are selected and the tracking that goes into each review.  Bummer that there are those that get an opportunity and do not put in the time or do not submit a review at all.  

“Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented.” -Arnold Palmer

16 hours ago, Cagolfer said:

Great insight into how people are selected and the tracking that goes into each review.  Bummer that there are those that get an opportunity and do not put in the time or do not submit a review at all.  

It is rare. Maybe 1% and we make note of that so they are never selected again. 

Too many other good be members to risk that happening again. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

17 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

For sure, if taking part in an opportunity then we should not expect to see your name on the sign up list.

We mention this time and time again, but testing is a lot of work and being selective in testing opportunities (by that meaning selective in what a member signs up for) shows us they are really interested in that particular opportunity.

Of course if someone has never tested before we more or less expect to see them register for every opportunity as there is the excitement for being a tester or becoming one.

You would know if you were selected as you would receive a PM from us and we would be going through the process afterwards.

My message is more for those currently taking part in tests - or those who do get selected soon. Finish your current test first, see how that goes then consider putting your name back in. 

I think I know the answer to this already but may be good to call out or answer for others. While signing up for multiple tests is frowned upon in the scenario you outlined. Does commenting on the sign up thread with thoughts, opinions, and wishing everyone good luck on the sign up thread help generate visibility to the test which can be done without signing up and is sort of encouraged?

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1 (currently testing the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track)

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test

I too have signed up to be a tester and have not had the opportunity.  I recently got back into Golf because of the Pandemic.  As always it is a process to get better everyday and it really never stops.  I would like to have the opportunity to test at lease one product.  

Thank you,

Jim G.

3 minutes ago, Swood1994 said:

I think I know the answer to this already but may be good to call out or answer for others. While signing up for multiple tests is frowned upon in the scenario you outlined. Does commenting on the sign up thread with thoughts, opinions, and wishing everyone good luck on the sign up thread help generate visibility to the test which can be done without signing up and is sort of encouraged?

I hardly look at the signup threads haha go for it!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

3 minutes ago, Swood1994 said:

I hardly look at the signup threads haha go for it!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

9 minutes ago, J5hort said:

Would a lottery style work better for this, with a limit on how many tests you are selected for in a given time period?

I believe it was stated that you might only be selected once per testing season. However, there may be certain tests designed for specific types of players and you may have the opportunity to be selected again if you meet the criteria the manufacturer is looking for.

Edited by Rob Person

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

55 minutes ago, J5hort said:

Would a lottery style work better for this, with a limit on how many tests you are selected for in a given time period?

That could be a disaster, for the same reason employers interview candidates, MGS needs to try their best to ensure the people they are choosing will actually provide a review, and an insightful one at that, which will resonate with a wide group of people. The OEMs provide the equipment with those intentions, and if we the forum users fail, it only lessens our future opportunities. From the 20+ handicaps to scratch golfers, they try to have a range for each and every test. 

Edited by Triple_Putt

:taylormade-small:Super Burner 2.0 10.5*

:cobra-small: Fly-Z hybrid

:edel-golf-1: SMS 4-GW

:ping-small: i3 5 Wood

:titleist-small:SM7 56*,60*, SM8 52*

:odyssey-small: Versa 1 putter

2023 Tested: Edel SMS Irons

I see. Perhaps an "must be a member for x months" or x many of posts". I am an email junkie, so if an offer or reminder of a post happens, I address it. I am a very active member of forums in general and was lured here by an advertisement for testing. I am assuming there is a certain amount of click bait involved to grow membership. Constant reminders in email about testing seem to be the norm.  Assuming that persons like myself will post as time permits which is the case as I have many questions/comments about new gear, the game and courses as I return to the game.