Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Titleist 200/350 issues

Tiptx1122

I’m very curious if anyone has had the back plate come off there T-200 or T-350. I just recently heard from 2 people that it’s a National issue coming from fitters from Club Champion.

Now I called several different Club Champion locations to include 2nd Swing who sponsored a certain Golf forum that I won’t mention and not one single person/fitter said they had been any issues with the back plate.

Im very happy with my T-350 as I hope that this doesn’t happen to me or anyone else and if it has happened to anyone I know Titleist will fix the issue. I think Titleist knocked it out of the park with the T-Series this year 

Driver: Cobra Aerojet 10.5 w/GD AD IZ4

3W: Callaway ParadymX  w/ GD AD CQ5

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X HZRDUS Silver

CPX GolfPride grips on all the woods

Iomic sticky grey camo 2.3 grips on all irons 

5-PW: Titleist T-350 w/ SteelFiber i80r

Wedges: Cleveland RTX6 48* 54*  w/ SteelFiber i95r

Putter: Evnroll EV2 34”w/BGT Stability Fire shaft Pure Mid-Size black grip

5 hours ago, Tiptx1122 said:

I’m very curious if anyone has had the back plate come off there T-200 or T-350. I just recently heard from 2 people that it’s a National issue coming from fitters from Club Champion.

Now I called several different Club Champion locations to include 2nd Swing who sponsored a certain Golf forum that I won’t mention and not one single person/fitter said they had been any issues with the back plate.

Im very happy with my T-350 as I hope that this doesn’t happen to me or anyone else and if it has happened to anyone I know Titleist will fix the issue. I think Titleist knocked it out of the park with the T-Series this year 

You can mention WRX here. It's not like over there where you'll be struck down for mentioning another forum. The only thing we ask is that people don't don't try to drive traffic there and that we try to keep the conversations here.

As for the issue. Mine of the 200 is peeling like a sun burn, but nothing terrible. I'll try and get a photo some time.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

You can mention WRX here. It's not like over there where you'll be struck down for mentioning another forum. The only thing we ask is that people don't don't try to drive traffic there and that we try to keep the conversations here.

As for the issue. Mine of the 200 is peeling like a sun burn, but nothing terrible. I'll try and get a photo some time.

Yours isnt the only set to do that.  I have seen pics of used T series up for sale that have the same thing on a couple irons in the set.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

46 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Yours isnt the only set to do that.  I have seen pics of used T series up for sale that have the same thing on a couple irons in the set.

It's only my 5 iron and on truth I don't care. Can't see it at address and the club still performs really well so nothing to be discouraged about.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

It's only my 5 iron and on truth I don't care. Can't see it at address and the club still performs really well so nothing to be discouraged about.

But if you wanna charge 1500ish dollars for a set.... Im not sure id be ok with it doing that.  Charge a premium price?  I expect better.

Edited by skraeling

Stack Referral code

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

Man I really hope this isn’t an issue 😳 my new set is coming in a couple weeks 

IMG_2122.png.24f141d359e6f9af4826f071a9c721fd.png

They call out this 2000° aerospace brazing process under new technology, but it’s a feature on T100 and T150 as well.

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

2 minutes ago, skraeling said:

But if you wanna charge 1500ish dollars for a set.... Im not sure id be ok with it doing that.  Charge a premium price?  I expect better.

Fair point. I am also pretty confident that if I decided to bring the issue to titleist it would be rectified in a timely manner. Their customer service has always been good and quick to make sure that everything is as it should be in a pinch

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I play a fairly traditional set up, 4-PW, 50, 54, 58.  Plus I have different sets of the wedges with different grinds for different conditions.  Im a bit extreme, haha.  

On a different note, while I’ve always had respect for Titleist (and still do), I’m not so sure anymore that their customer service is what we’d expect.  Ordered custom Vokeys right when the Titanium Carbide coating came out.  Customized stamping, paint fill, etc. and when they arrived, they were incorrect.  I called/emailed about the issue and they simply would not rectify the issue. They told me I could purchase new wedges with the proper customization and return the incorrect ones.  Spent quite a bit on the first set and  felt pretty let down with them telling me I’d need to do it again to get it right.  While I understand that it would be the same in the end, just not what I expected from Titleist. 

I’d agree that Acushnet would remedy on a per club basis quite quickly if addressed with them

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

4 hours ago, skraeling said:

I’ve never had an issue with a set of Titleist irons over the last 12 years. If I did, I know the 1 year guarantee is ironclad. 
Club Champion gets heads and builds their sets on site. Might just be their technique?  Not saying it is, but it is a variable. 

Titleist TSR 11 degree, HZRDS Red R 44.75 LH

Titleist TSR-1 5/7 Woods LH

Titleist TSR-1 23 Hybrid LH

Titleist T200  7-48 - T350 6 Tensai AMT Red LH

Titleist SM9 50-54-58 TT AMT Red LH

Scotty Phantom X 7.5 RH

My only criticism of club MFG is their use of these cavity inserts and cosmetic plates.  If you’re trying to conceal the inner workings of a club I understand the logic but for what a set costs…goodness there has to be a better way.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Well I guess I'm glade nothing has been said about the back plate now I do clean my clubs after every round and use iron covers too. I'm pretty OCD when it comes to my clubs so time will tell if this becomes an issue . 

Driver:  :ping-small: G430 Max 10 w/OBAN KIYOSHI Purple Tour Reserve 45

3W: :callaway-small:  Paradym Ai Smoke Max D w/GD AD CQ5

5/7 W: :callaway-small:  Paradym w/ :projectx:HZRDS 60

all woods have CPX grips

5 thru PW : 😍 :ping-small: BP S w/ i70 SteelFiber black Label PR shafts

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  RTX 6 Full face 48*, 54* w/ i95 SteelFiber shafts

All irons have WINN DRI-TAC LT grips

Puter: 😍 :L.A.B.: GREEN DF3 w/Black 34" w/ BGT Stability ONE w/Press II 3 grip

(Back-up):EVNROLL:  E2 34" w/ BGT Stability Fire shaft midsize Black Pure Grip

No problem here.  I got mine thru a local Titleist certified fitter/shop owner and he orders directly from Titleist (who builds my sets).  Has always been the case with all my Titleist clubs thru the years I have played them and have never had an issue.  Not a fan of CC.  It is all about choices.  Have owned AP2s, AP1, T300 and now T350, plus a couple of older models. A brand I have come to love and trust, having played Wilson Staff, TM, Cally, and Ping.  Titleist customer service and R&D, second to none.     

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

I seriously didn't think it was a big issue as I'm just curious since I can't golf year around living in N.E.Ohio as I have been more of a fan of the satin finish but Wow! these T-350 are gorgeous and they play as good as they look. There was 2 clowns that tried to make it a big issue about the back plate falling off on another golf forum but what I'm thinking is that they were just jealous from all of the good reviews that was being said about the new T-Series Line up. For the T-350 being a GI iron they really don't seem to be as chunky as most GI irons and that is something I really like after coming from Players distance irons. 

all woods have CPX grips

• 2 weeks later...

I really feel bad for people who have had issues as Titleist will address this problem and quickly fix the problem I'm sure. Titleist make some of the very best golf equipment out there as I feel very confidant that their quality control is not the problem. I have contacted 6 different CC fitters even a few the area where a 1st time poster on another Golf forum said he was near and not one person / fitter said anything about the back plate falling off. I even contacted 2 separate 2nd Swing fitter and they never had a report of any issues. There were 2 1st time poster who only played a 5 and 6 iron as they were not a complete set only a blended set so I see a pattern when maybe buying separate irons there has been a problem. IDK but my T-350 play every bit a good as they look. 

all woods have CPX grips

• 2 weeks later...

I have a brand new set of T350 irons (bought in late Nov 2023). The 4i and the 8i plates both came off within 2-3 weeks. I expected a much better level of quality for the cost and the brand. I got fitted at my local club, and they’ve been great taking care of the replacements. 

Edited by WilliamH

I haven't had a problem with mine yet thankfully.  Besides, if I do, I'll just get @Golfspy_CG2 to send them back for me.  🤣 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

On 12/14/2023 at 8:30 PM, Tiptx1122 said:

I've not heard of these issues in all of the travels I have in the golf world.  In fact, quite the opposite.  BUT, I will say... There's usually 2 things that would case people to do or comment as such. A.  They are a fan of another OEM and feel the need to talk down about anything they deem not cool or part of their brand of preference.  Or, B. those people with backs coming off probably have a very good launch angle on their club tosses! 🤣

Either way, I agree with you.  I do believe Titleist has knocked it out of the park with these clubs this year.  They were monumental steps forward.  But, I am a fan boy of Titleist too, so there is that.  Though I appreciate all things that are good, not just Titleist.  

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

I just saw this thread and yes I had an issue with one of my T350 irons.
It was the 7 iron out of the test set I did a review on this year. Check out the review section for the T- Series irons for pics and more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Happened to me yesterday. Clubs were purchased Aug 2023, and played about twice a week since (so about 40 rounds). The Titleist website says all warranty issues are handled by a local retailer. Dick's said they have to ship it back to Titleist - 4-6 weeks before I get it back. And there's a $15 fee. No thanks.

Gap Wedge Rear Plate Missing.jpg

I won my first set of Titleist irons in 2022 from the USOpen pool. I went to a PGA Superstore and tried out all the iron heads with several shafts and chose the T300 with Fubuki MV shafts.  I have had 3 issues with the irons…

1) The finish on my 5 iron shaft wore down to the shaft from bag rub. It wasn’t covered by warranty but Titleist replaced the shaft for $75. (See pic)

2) The plating on my 7 iron cracked on the toe, heel and shaft area of the iron head. Although it was a few months out of warranty, Titleist replaced the head and I only had to pay $15 to cover shipping via Dick’s.(forgot to take pic)

3)  That same 7 iron snapped the head off after only 4 rounds. I called Titleist and they replaced the entire 7 iron within 7 days.  I returned the snapped 7 iron in the same box with a paid for return label.(see pic)

Now I tell you, Titleist has won me over for life. Their Customer Service and Warranty Dept. Staff are above and beyond excellence. Thank you Titleist!

IMG_4938.jpeg

IMG_3980.jpeg

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

So is the issue just with the T-350 and could it be that moisture is getting behind the plate causing some rust as I do clean my clubs after every round. I did have some issues similar to a set of Srixon ZX5's as rust started to show up on the back plate and their have even been people say it has came loose. This is something that should never should have happen. I just don't think there is a better looking GI iron out there and many are saying they perform every bit as good as they look too.

Edited by RangerGrey

all woods have CPX grips

I bought my T350s late summer of 2023. I've had the back name plate of my 4 iron fly off at the driving range. Luckily I was able to get it and epoxy it back on. However, while playing a round last week I lost the back plate to my PW. I just emailed Titelist yesterday to see if they can send me one. I don't really want to have to send my club back just for this type of warranty repair. Now I'm worried about my other irons too. 

I know it doesn't affect performance, but disappointing in the craftsmanship. Also, I don't want any rust where the two holes are as seen in the photo from the other person who posted the same thing. 

On 1/11/2024 at 2:22 PM, MartyD said:

Happened to me yesterday. Clubs were purchased Aug 2023, and played about twice a week since (so about 40 rounds). The Titleist website says all warranty issues are handled by a local retailer. Dick's said they have to ship it back to Titleist - 4-6 weeks before I get it back. And there's a $15 fee. No thanks.

Gap Wedge Rear Plate Missing.jpg

Update: I contacted Titleist customer support to complain about having to give up my club for several weeks to get this resolved. They asked to have my retailer call them and they would send a replacement club prior to turning mine in. The replacement hasn't arrived yet, but I expect it will all go smoothly. But I will have to pay the $15 to cover shipping.

I have the T350s since September 2023 and this morning (28/1/24) noticed that the back plate of my PW was missing. Absolutely love these irons but hate to think that I’ll have to check the back of each club after every shot. 

On 12/15/2023 at 1:30 AM, Tiptx1122 said:

Desmond O'Connor

Well this all has come as a surprise especially to those it has happen too. I know Titleist makes excellent equipment and the customer service is top notch and from hearing about all of this it sounds like Titleist has been doing a great job in taking care of everyone. Now I'm not try to be the bearer of bad new but my question is what next, does everyone plan on keeping them knowing that this will never happen again or did some move on.

I was hesitant about getting GI irons as I really think the T-350's are the best looking irons out there as all OEM's put out nice irons. I sorta wish I would have went with the T-150 only because I like more of a compact design as I just wanted to see what all the hype was and the hype was real, the T-350's are long. very forgiving and play as good as they look. I'm very OCD when it comes to my equipment as I know they are tools not jewels but to me they are both, you take care of them they will take care of you. Lol! I always use iron head covers and clean them after every round as I know Srixon ZX5's had an issue as well as I once owned them so if moisture is getting in behind the plate be careful I guess in making sure just using a damp towel to wipe the back plate off.

Regardless of this issue I have nothing bad to say about them or Titleist but I had to move on only because of my own reasons. I myself never has this issue but I started with a certain brand that I have won small tournaments, won some cash all were just local and nothing really that big but I also want to finish playing the brand that has gave me the most success so to those who have them I know you love them and you should, so instead of like another forum on another site with the last initials WRX I hope this can all be kept positive. 

all woods have CPX grips

Yikes - doing a Titleist fitting tomorrow - already have the T300's, but looking at the T350's so I don't have to lug clubs back and forth between the north and south...I really like the T300's, only thing I've had an issue with is my PW on the sole the paint never stayed in the grooves, so every couple of rounds I use a paint pen to fill it in. Other than that, they have been great!

-----------------------------------------------------
Driver -  :taylormade-small: Qi10 9.5°, Ventus VeloCore
3W -  :taylormade-small: Sim2Max 15°
3H -  :taylormade-small: Jetspeed 19°
Irons -  :titleist-small: T300 4-AW
Wedges -  :cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore 54°, 60°
Putter -  :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Seven S Putter
:Arccos: sensors 

On 1/9/2024 at 11:20 AM, GolfSpy_BEN said:

For the simple fact I like the blue face over the red face, I will swing it at the shop. I didn’t get along with any of the Stealths so it would indeed have to be something special to dislodge the Paradym TD that currently resides there. 

Totally agree about the blue face - son has the Stealth2 and I just never warmed to it!

-----------------------------------------------------
Driver -  :taylormade-small: Qi10 9.5°, Ventus VeloCore
3W -  :taylormade-small: Sim2Max 15°
3H -  :taylormade-small: Jetspeed 19°
Irons -  :titleist-small: T300 4-AW
Wedges -  :cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore 54°, 60°
Putter -  :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Seven S Putter
:Arccos: sensors 

The back of my 54 degree wedge came op yesterday went to play today again and this time the back of my Pw came off. I am calling my retailer tomorrow to see what is possible. I have barley hit 40 balls with each of them. I got them in December.

Edited by Michel
Incomplete