Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×

Full Swing Kit Launch Monitor -Unofficial Review by CG2

Golfspy_CG2

I recently researched all the current top tier personal launch monitors out there.   Did a deep dive on The following

Full Swing Kit 

Bushnell Launch Pro

Golfzon  Wave 

MEVO+ 

MLM2Pro (currently own)

Garmin R10 (currently own)

I spent hours over several weeks reading and watching reviews and talking to current owners  

One of the first things you have to decide is   Are you going to use it more outside or inside.   For me it will be primarily outside on the range  and on course.   That is where most of the use of my two current models have been used.  I did some inside simulator last winter but not a lot   

As you probably know there are two types of systems, Radar based-MEVO+ -MLM2 - R10 and Full Swing and the OG Trackman are radar based.  They have different types of radar but they all follow the entire flight of the ball. Which makes them great for outdoors.

Camera based are Bushnell Launch Pro -GC3-Snytrack+ and the top of the line GC Quad.  They use a varied amount of cameras to take extremely high speed pictures  from the side view of the ball just after impact.  They can also pick up the club-head just before impact. They use those images to calculate all the metrics of the shot.   Since they don’t and can’t track the ball flight they are best used indoors where the ball flight is limited.   

However they can both be used effectively inside or outside with the proper setups.  Radar systems typically ally need the Callaway balls that are designed for the MLM2 and Titleist makes a Radar Capture Technology ball that is able to track enough spin data in the 8-10 feet of indoor flight to calculate some pretty accurate data  

So that’s the two systems.  You will need to evaluate for yourself which would work best for your

i decided on the Full Swing Kit   My informal review will start below.  If you want to know specific reasons for my choice of Radar based or for choosing the FSK, I’ll do my best to answer in the following posts.

Please ask away with any questions.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C02N77juDu3/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I currently own a garmin r10 and have been interested in the mlm2 pro. Since you own both could you tell me which you prefer and why? I have both lefty’s and righty’s that I play with so radar is pretty much the only option I have or else I would be interested in a camera based system. I currently have an outside setup if that helps your answer. 

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

2 minutes ago, Coulter said:

I currently own a garmin r10 and have been interested in the mlm2 pro. Since you own both could you tell me which you prefer and why? I have both lefty’s and righty’s that I play with so radar is pretty much the only option I have or else I would be interested in a camera based system. I currently have an outside setup if that helps your answer. 

That’s a great question and honestly thdy are both good.  You won’t be disappointed either way. 

The R10 costs less and gives Club data such as  club path and face to path etc.  Rapsodo says this will come down rhd line but not sure when. 

But MLM is superior in every other way in my experience.  I like that it has a built in camera.  So you can watch your swing there and see your path.   Thd impact vision is fanatic.   If you see lines up properly.  It will show you what your club face is doing at impact.   It is really cool.  
Like you I used them both mostly outside and found myself using the MLM2 more.   When I did a few inside sessions last winter I did use the R10 with E6 for the range and simulator.  MLM2 just made some fantastic updates to its sim package from what I have read on its FB page. 

If I could only keep one of the two. It’d be the MLM2 without a doubt. 

My biggest problem with the r10 so far has been no built in camera and no slow motion video. You can slow the video down but the frame rate of a phone camera makes it too choppy to see the entire swing. Thank you for the response. I think I’ll just have to start a serious search for the mlm2.

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

Yeah. That was ultimately the one big mark against it in my book.   Minus that, it’s a very good unit at a good price.  

I think you’ll like the MLM2 a lot if you go that route. 

Nice writeup Rob.  I guess working at a golf course gives you plenty (more than me) of opportunity to get to the range to hit balls so the FSK definitely makes sense.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

6 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Nice writeup Rob.  I guess working at a golf course gives you plenty (more than me) of opportunity to get to the range to hit balls so the FSK definitely makes sense.  

True that.    You remember our Superintendent Tom—he played with us at Vinteria a few years ago. 

We were sitting in my office literally maybe 2 weeks ago talking about how we both have ended the season on a down note in our games.   We had just played in a 2 man scramble and shot 73 and weren’t happy about it. 

He said to me.  “If we only worked someplace where we got free ramge balls and could practice anytime we wanted and this place was less than 100 yards from both our offices…..”

I said. …yeah, if only!  And we both laughed and said…what did we expect.  Ha 

But yes it is nice.  I just wish we had one of those headed studio bays that hit out onto a range for the winter.  But we’d probably ignore that as well.  Ha

19 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

True that.    You remember our Superintendent Tom—he played with us at Vinteria a few years ago. 

We were sitting in my office literally maybe 2 weeks ago talking about how we both have ended the season on a down note in our games.   We had just played in a 2 man scramble and shot 73 and weren’t happy about it. 

He said to me.  “If we only worked someplace where we got free ramge balls and could practice anytime we wanted and this place was less than 100 yards from both our offices…..”

I said. …yeah, if only!  And we both laughed and said…what did we expect.  Ha 

But yes it is nice.  I just wish we had one of those headed studio bays that hit out onto a range for the winter.  But we’d probably ignore that as well.  Ha

It's sort of like professional landscapers have the worst yards, plumbers have leaky faucets, and if you work at a golf course you don't go to the range. 🙂

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

17 minutes ago, cnosil said:

It's sort of like professional landscapers have the worst yards, plumbers have leaky faucets, and if you work at a golf course you don't go to the range. 🙂

Like friends who live in DC and never have been to any of the museums or monuments! 

Next year though 😂

Thanks for the write up!  I have been wondering how this unit worked and performed. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

6 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

Thanks for the write up!  I have been wondering how this unit worked and performed. 

Sure thing. I’ll keep it updated as I continue to use it.  Waiting for a space at the course to be completed where I can try the simulation.  

• 1 month later...

With some things taking up my time and weather the past few weeks I hadn’t had a chance to use this much.  But got out twice with it this wek on course.  The first time was just biting some 7 irons to get rust off the swing. 

Friday I actually tried to get as much in as I could in an expanded lunch hour.  So I went to one our holes that was closed.   Hit some irons and finally driver. 

My distance were down maybe 1 club from the end of the season on irons and maybe 3 mph in driver.   So I’ve got to start some winger work to at least vercback to where I was last year CHS speed wise.   The good news I seemed to be making sold contact. Lots of good smash factors.  

Anyway I’ll post some screen shots that show how it can be effective to get your gaps and dispersion. 

But mostly I use it for all the club and ball data.  For example my path is naturally out to in sometimes very excessive.  So I watch that.   

Other key metrics for me are obviously 

Ball Speed

Spin 

Launch Angle 

Apex 

Side Carry 

There are a few things I have noticed I wish it had and have a email onto CS to see if I’m just missing how to do it 

For example I had this session on my I pad and all the stats are on my dashboard so I could post them here from my I phone  but the videos only appear not to show on both devices.   The session the day before I did have my iPhone and it displayed   
Also I have not seen a way to export the data in any form like an xls format or via email/text  

as for the shot data one key one is like to see added is Angle of descent. 

And for any new members here my usual disclaimer   I’m old and kne of the shortest hitters on the site  so don’t think my device is broken or anything 😬

IMG_0145.png

IMG_0146.png

IMG_0133.png

IMG_0134.png

IMG_0135.png

IMG_0136.png

IMG_0137.png

IMG_0138.png

IMG_0139.png

IMG_0140.png

IMG_0141.png