Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Massachusetts Fitters

Just_the_Chip

I couldn't find a post from a while ago about some recommendations so I'm hoping I can get some recommendations here. I'm going to go for my second fitting. I wasn't too happy with my first fitting as it felt more like a club demo. 

Curious on any feedback or recommendations on fitters in the Franklin Area, or even Framingham, Waltham, (I'd even consider Boston although I hate the drive) 

Thank you all!

"In fact , we both tend to hold the Midwestern stoic view that genuine problems are solved with action, not pissing and moaning. If you run around sharing your feelings too much, you'll eventually arrive at a place where you're not only still screwed up, but now everyone knows about it, too." - John Gierach - Sex, Death and Fly Fishing

I'd recommend Spargo in Providence - Steve Colletta is very good. 

Spargo Golf

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

18 minutes ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

I'd recommend Spargo in Providence - Steve Colletta is very good. 

Spargo Golf

Thank you!

"In fact , we both tend to hold the Midwestern stoic view that genuine problems are solved with action, not pissing and moaning. If you run around sharing your feelings too much, you'll eventually arrive at a place where you're not only still screwed up, but now everyone knows about it, too." - John Gierach - Sex, Death and Fly Fishing

Ace of Clubs
38 Walden Pond Ave.
Saugus, MA 01906

Phone: 781-307-7815
Fax: 781-233-3734
Email: [email protected]

and spargo

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

Having been to Spargo Golf more than once I can't recommend them enough, but I have also heard great things about Ace of Clubs too.

What are you looking to be fit for? Full Bag?

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Take a look at Cool Clubs in Framingham/Natick. They are at the same location as Khor Golf. I did a loft and lie adjustment there a couple years back and the gentlemen that ran the place was extremely knowledgeable. They have a good selection of product, you can hit from indoors to out (to see ball flight), and the facilities are nice. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue Ventus Blue VelvoCore 6X 

3 Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth Ventus Blue 6X 

3 Iron: Titleist U505 Hzd Smoke 7x 

4i-6i- Srixon 585 KBS Tour V 110 S 

7i-PW: Srixon 785 KBS Tour V 110 S

50, 54: Vokey SM9 Dynamic Gold 120S 

60: Taylormade Hightoe Dynamic Gold 120S 

Putter: Scotty Super Select Newport 2.5 

I agree with the Spargo (Providence, RI) recommendations. I've been a customer of theirs for at least 25-years (since Tom Spargo was running it). Both Steve and Jon Pannone (the owner) are terrific. 

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

19 hours ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Having been to Spargo Golf more than once I can't recommend them enough, but I have also heard great things about Ace of Clubs too.

What are you looking to be fit for? Full Bag?

Just irons for right now. I'll have to check out Spargo

19 hours ago, Owengeorge13 said:

Truespec Waltham.  I live on the south shore.  Joe Leigh’s was great back in the day, I’m not sure how it is now.

J&L is who did my original fitting last year. I wasn't a big fan of the fitting and felt like at the end of it, it was more of just club testing with a trackman. 

6 minutes ago, Shakeyfly said:

Just irons for right now. I'll have to check out Spargo

J&L is who did my original fitting last year. I wasn't a big fan of the fitting and felt like at the end of it, it was more of just club testing with a trackman. 

I don’t know much about spargo golf.  I know truespec in Waltham was the closest fitting to a TXG fitting video I have been a part of.

🙃

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really wanted to thank everyone who suggested Spargo to me. I went and got fitted last night with Jon Pannone. My buddy and I got a free pass from the wives so he booked a putter fitting and I booked my iron fitting followed by top golf.

This was an actual fitting. My first fitting at a different location wasn't even close to this. Throughout the process, he was super informative, we tried each iron head that I was curious about, across different shafts. The place is awesome. Putting Green fitting right at the check in counter, an entire club work bench area, followed by a garage door area that you launch balls out of using a Flightscope. Iron fittings are an hour but he gave me some extra time since my friend was still finishing up his putter fitting, and we were the last of the day, which I really appreciated. He also had me take a swing with my hybrid so he could see the distance and help me determine if I should add a 4 iron to Gap my lofts appropriately. We tried, P790, i230, T200, 923 Forged, 241, and 245. We ran through the whole gambit.

The fitter Jon, was patient, and went in depth on what we are looking for from a fitting. He carefully explained the different shafts to me, effects of weight, etc. It was hard for me to understand that I was getting clean strikes but watching the ball take an unexpected path (but he was expecting) it because of the shaft characteristics. Two shafts with the same weight, but one feeling heavier than the other in hand, had to be explained to me. At the end it was pretty clear what club and shaft I was going with even though he did give me a chance to swing the Mizuno Blades 241, which when you flush, was an absolute gem. Never felt anything like it. But considering my level, I need the forgiveness of the club I choose. I had hand me down clubs from the late 90's to early 2000's so it was very clear the difference in tech, but I wasn't aware of the impact of my new faster swing speeds, length, loft etc. 

My buddy's putter fitting was insanely cool, a lot of data, graphs, and the fitter lying on the floor trying to get exact views of lie, loft, angle, roll and he walked away ordering a new putter and he is definitely going back there for his next fitting. 

For context, I went from Ping i3+ with regular flex ping steel shafts to Mizuno Pro 245 on KBS C-Lite 115 Xtra. 

THE ONE thing I would say, it was something my buddy bumped into. They currently do not have Callaway. My friend wanted to try the Odyssey line of putters because had currently has one, but we were told they currently don't have Callaway. I know this might be a bust for some people, so just letting you aware, as I figured Callaway was almost a guaranteed brand to have.  

HIGHLY recommend them and HIGHLY recommend paying the money to go get fitted. After my first fitting I swore I could just order clubs online, pick a shaft stiffness and have the same results. After this fitting, the confidence I have in my swing with these clubs is very high, and I can't wait to chunk my first swing with them this spring. 

Edited by Shakeyfly

4 hours ago, Shakeyfly said:

I really wanted to thank everyone who suggested Spargo to me. I went and got fitted last night with Jon Pannone. My buddy and I got a free pass from the wives so he booked a putter fitting and I booked my iron fitting followed by top golf.

This was an actual fitting. My first fitting at a different location wasn't even close to this. Throughout the process, he was super informative, we tried each iron head that I was curious about, across different shafts. The place is awesome. Putting Green fitting right at the check in counter, an entire club work bench area, followed by a garage door area that you launch balls out of using a Flightscope. Iron fittings are an hour but he gave me some extra time since my friend was still finishing up his putter fitting, and we were the last of the day, which I really appreciated. He also had me take a swing with my hybrid so he could see the distance and help me determine if I should add a 4 iron to Gap my lofts appropriately. We tried, P790, i230, T200, 923 Forged, 241, and 245. We ran through the whole gambit.

The fitter Jon, was patient, and went in depth on what we are looking for from a fitting. He carefully explained the different shafts to me, effects of weight, etc. It was hard for me to understand that I was getting clean strikes but watching the ball take an unexpected path (but he was expecting) it because of the shaft characteristics. Two shafts with the same weight, but one feeling heavier than the other in hand, had to be explained to me. At the end it was pretty clear what club and shaft I was going with even though he did give me a chance to swing the Mizuno Blades 241, which when you flush, was an absolute gem. Never felt anything like it. But considering my level, I need the forgiveness of the club I choose. I had hand me down clubs from the late 90's to early 2000's so it was very clear the difference in tech, but I wasn't aware of the impact of my new faster swing speeds, length, loft etc. 

My buddy's putter fitting was insanely cool, a lot of data, graphs, and the fitter lying on the floor trying to get exact views of lie, loft, angle, roll and he walked away ordering a new putter and he is definitely going back there for his next fitting. 

For context, I went from Ping i3+ with regular flex ping steel shafts to Mizuno Pro 245 on KBS C-Lite 115 Xtra. 

THE ONE thing I would say, it was something my buddy bumped into. They currently do not have Callaway. My friend wanted to try the Odyssey line of putters because had currently has one, but we were told they currently don't have Callaway. I know this might be a bust for some people, so just letting you aware, as I figured Callaway was almost a guaranteed brand to have.  

HIGHLY recommend them and HIGHLY recommend paying the money to go get fitted. After my first fitting I swore I could just order clubs online, pick a shaft stiffness and have the same results. After this fitting, the confidence I have in my swing with these clubs is very high, and I can't wait to chunk my first swing with them this spring. 

so glad you had a great experience!  Every time I've been down to see Jon or Steve (the putter guy) it's been great.  I'm already trying to come up with some excuses as to why I need a fitting this year.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8