Looking for some advice: Member Guest partners...

Few years ago I joined a club and was able to start participating in Member Guest events. My two close friends just had babies and were not able to join me, so I asked an old college buddy that I don't talk to that often but we have a blast together. Year 2 comes and the same thing... new babies for my close friends so I went with the college buddy again. This year, he already started sending me some ideas for this years event. However, my baby making buddies are done, so I can get one of my super close friends to come. Torn on how to break the news on this... I have some time but just wondering how this has gone for any of you in the past. 

:ping-small: G430 LST - Graphite Design Tour AD DI6 XS

:callaway-small: AI Smoke Hybrid 3 & 5 - LA Golf A Series 105 XS

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKII 5i-AW - :Nippon: 1150 GH XS

:ping-small: - ChipR

:cobra-small: - Black SnakeBite 53 & 57

:scotty-small: - Super Select Golo 6.5

:taylormade-small: TP5x Yellow / :titleist-small: Left Dash / :bridgestone-small:B X / :srixon-small: ZStar 🔹

:Ogio:  

:Arccos:

It's tricky and no real easy answer here. I have a related problem where a close friend of mine invited me to his member guest last year but he isn't a very good player (~17 HDCP) so I don't really want him at my member guest. I am not sure how to do mine except I am hoping there may be a limit at my club as to how far HDCPs can be spread apart (I am a 3 right now and he is hovering around an 18). That might save me for a while.

These things are delicate but I would just explain it to him the way you have explained it here. If he is a reasonable person he will be disappointed but understand. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832