Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

JUST ARRIVED! - adidas puremotion and crossflex footwear

• SPY VIP

The latest in lightweight golf footwear has just arrived from adidas.

puremotion

Anatomically correct with a wider, web-shaped forefoot, this golf shoe allows for more natural movement, grip and flex for improved balance and stability.

Read the Press Release

Based on what I saw at this years' PGA show, the puremotion had a lot of people excited. While it's not quite as minimalist as some of the other styles we've taken a look at, it does represent adidas's take on natural movement with maximum stability. I've only slipped these on long enough to get a sense of how they fit. I'd call them true to size, and golfers with wider feet should appreciate the comparatively wider (vs. adicross and crossflex) toebox. I've never been a sneaker-style golf shoe kind of guy (and the puremotion definitely has some sneaker styling to it), but it's comfortable and stylish (zero concerns about blisters...but we'll see), and the sole tread looks plenty aggressive enough to provide all the traction (or is it traxion) you'll ever need.

MSRP for the puremotion is $120 - available now

adidas-11.jpg

adidas-12.jpg

adidas-13.jpg

adidas-14.jpg

adidas-15.jpg

adidas-16.jpg

adidas-17.jpg

adidas-8.jpg

adidas-9.jpg

adidas-10.jpg

crossflex

Built on a lightweight running last for athletic performance, fit and feel; this style has strategically placed pods and zonal traction elements that adapt to varying ground conditions to deliver superior stability and traction.

Read the Press Release

The crossflex, is a lightweight (10.6 ounces) and breathable shoe built on a running shoe last. It features a spikeless design. The outsole has 96 of what adidas calls "triangular traction lugs" which sit a top 16 hexagonal pods. All of this helps to explain why the shoe is said to offer "Performance and Comfort through Geometry".

While still true to size, the crossflex is noticeably narrower in the toe box.

Perhaps I'm feeling nostalgic, but to my eyes, the crossflex is reminiscent of the Predator soccer (football) shoes I used to wear back when I thought I could play like ZiZou. Those days are gone, but definitely not forgotten.

Apart from the bold sole, the crossflex actually looks the part of a semi-traditional golf shoe. The crossflex is particularly intriguing because of its lower pricepoint.

MSRP for the crossflex is $100. Available July 1, 2012.

adidas-1.jpg

adidas-2.jpg

adidas-3.jpg

adidas-4.jpg

adidas-5.jpg

adidas-6.jpg

adidas-7.jpg

Both the crossflex and puremotion are waterproof, which is pretty impressive considering the upper is largely made up of breathable mesh.

These last couple of pics are meant to show the differences in the toebox width between the two shoes. Hopefully it's clear that the puremotion is noticeably wider.

adidas-18.jpg

adidas-19.jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• SPY VIP

They're definitely a bit more refined than the average sneaker style golf shoe. The crossflex's sole design and how it creeps on to the upper makes it look a bit like a modern cross-trainer, but beyond that (and the mesh) the overall design isn't unlike a traditional golf shoe.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

These are really interesting. I've been through a few running shoes trying to find something that works, and the Adidas have been the best in both fit and wear. What they are doing in the golf space has me really interested in giving them a try.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Very nice looking shoes. I do like the looks of the Puremotion ones better. Its just a great looking shoe.

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

• SPY VIP

I'm going to give the crossflex a go tonight. It's 95° and I'm playing the front 9 (which offers a lot of up, down and sideways terrain). It usually makes for a solid test of comfort (blister resistance).

The sole isn't ridiculously thick...it's golf shoe thick.

I like the looks but I have to say my first thought when I saw the blue ones was that Starsky (Starsky and Hutch) had taken up golf.:D

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I'm going to give the crossflex a go tonight. It's 95° and I'm playing the front 9 (which offers a lot of up, down and sideways terrain). It usually makes for a solid test of comfort (blister resistance).

The sole isn't ridiculously thick...it's golf shoe thick.

Fair enough. I've just played in so many thin-soled, low to the ground shoes lately that I don't know that I would want to go back to "golf shoe thick."

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I'm quite interested in the Crossflex. I'm sure it's good for some of you but I'm getting tired of all golf shoes being so wide. My foot is so narrow from years of skates and rollerblades both in the heel and the toe it's wicked hard to find a running shoe that works let alone a golf shoe.

Hopefully the Crossflex follows some of the Adidas running shoes where it's nice a narrow instead.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

• SPY VIP

I had a chance to wear both the puremotion and crossflex at the tail end of last week. Both days were extremely hot (90°+, zero cloud cover, high humidity). I'll post a full review before too long, but here are my brief thoughts:

puremotion

Extremely comfortable from the very first moment I put them on. They don't look the part of a golf shoe...as I said, definitely a sneaker style shoe, but the vibrant blue color definitely gives them more style than the average pair of similarly-styled shoe. The sole pattern, which to me looks like a bear claw, provides excellent traction (no slippage). Obviously the jury is out on durability.

The single most important aspect of golf shoe design (to me anyway), is what I call functional comfort. A pair of bunny slippers is comfortable, but not exactly functional on a golf course. If you've ever worn a pair of shoes that give you blisters, or hurt your feet, well...you can certainly understand why functionality doesn't matter without comfort. I strongly believe golf shoes should be designed for first use. What I mean by that is that you should be able to take them out of the box, walk 18 over any sort of terrain, and not experience any sort of foot pain, blisters, etc.

I believe there should be ZERO break-in period for a golf shoe.

After a hilly 18 on a hot and humid day, my feet came out of the puremotion no worse than when I put them in. No foot pain afterward either.

crossflex

While stomping around my house, I had some doubts. The narrower toebox was concern given my wide feet, and I wasn't convinced the heals weren't going to give me a problem (a big bloody, blistery problem). To mitigate the risk, I went to the course early to do some putting and chipping (and to test the comfort a bit more). I also put a pair of my go to shoes in my bag just in case things started to get ugly.

While on the chipping/putting green I didn't give them a thought, and by the time I was making my way up the 2nd fairway I had essentially forgot I was wearing them.

Like the puremotion, the crossflex is an extremely comfortable shoe that provides functional comfort with zero break-in period.

I did slip a couple of times, and overall traction probably isn't as good as it is with the puremotion, and likely some other golf shoes as well. The two slips were admittedly horrible swings (big over the top hatchet jobs), so I should point out that for better balanced swings I didn't have any problems at all.

The white mesh upper is already looking a bit dirty, so I'll have to see how well the clean up before I make any final determinations.

All that said, at the $100 price point, the crossflex would seem to be an excellent shoe, and perhaps is my favorite thus far in the $100 or less segment.

I agree, the Puremotion looks like the one I want to try......I have a pair of Eccos and they definitely put me closer to the ground....and i like the Blue!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Very tempted..very..might need to try a pair on first though..hate buying shoes through the net.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Archived