Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Maxfli Tour with Max Align Technology Golf Balls! - 2024 Forum Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow our testers main posts in the links below!

@Peejer - Main Post 

@ScramblinMan - Main Post

@VernL4 - Main Post 

@tw1ns - Main Post 

@tdc1 - Main Post

Testers Announced!

image.png

We are once again offering the Maxfli Tour series golf balls for member testing. However, this time around, there is a slight twist: Maxfli has added a new feature to this series.

First, let’s recap the Maxfli Tour X golf ball and its standout performance in the 2023 MyGolfSpy Ball Test.

Both the Maxfli Tour and Maxfli Tour X performed really well in testing. But the Maxfli Tour X  was recognized for producing a higher ball flight for high-speed golfers while also cracking the top-10 fastest balls for all speed categories and topping the low swing speed driver chart.

Maxfli also earned best direct-to-consumer ball and best DTC brand quality in our recent Golf Ball Quality Awards of 2023.

Despite that high praise and results, the MyGolfSpy Ball Lab results came back varied, with previous versions performing better. The Maxfli Tour series scored 89, 82 and 73 out of 100.

With that out of the way, let’s dive into the new golf ball!

What’s Changed?

At the core, the Maxfli Tour and Tour X  remain the same, with the Tour being a three-piece ball and Tour X being a four-piece ball. However, Maxfli has added the following models with some significant claims.

Straight from Maxfli: “Center of Gravity Balanced with MAX ALIGN Technology, a patented balancing process combined with new MAX ALIGN alignment aid improves consistency and accuracy with a dynamic visual roll.

Consistent Performance, Hole After Hole: Experience consistent performance on the course with MAX ALIGN, designed to help you line up your shots perfectly.

Aim with Confidence: Gain the confidence to hit your shots with precision and accuracy, thanks to MAX ALIGN.”

image.png

Please welcome and congratulate our Maxfli Tour testers!

@Peejer

@ScramblinMan 

@VernL4 

@tw1ns

@tdc1

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Let me introduce myself - Tony, 57, Mason City, Iowa.  Big Minnesota Twins fan (see profile pic and username) My local course just opened on Monday the 26th of February.  Earliest ever, but on Tuesday it was 8 degrees overnight and we had snow flurries, so much for that!   This weekend is supposed to warm up and hope to get out again.  Appreciate the opportunity to be a tester.  Thanks, MyGolfSpy.

359501682_10226352382870023_6697766213651579633_n.jpg.a07b8678d6f5af7358fdd998af35f261.jpg386169314_10226895198320070_5282969432330842031_n.jpg.765e4d599c8122fda3cdfb0aad32c2dc.jpg

I am a daily grinder.  My wife gets up at 5:30 am to work out, so I go to the golf course!  I play at Highland Park Golf Course, a public, city-owned course.  I take pics that catch my eye and post them on my Facebook page, and have a faithful following, probably looking to see what the weather is like that day!  I tee off at 6 am every day by myself, have a cart, and can usually get 18 holes done in an hour and forty-five minutes.  Short drive home, shower, and off to work by 8:30.  

My handicap currently sits at 4.3, which I think is way too low!  I can go play other courses and struggle to break 80. Highland Park is 6219yds with a rating of 70.1 and a slope of 119.  I am usually in the 70's and shot my personal best there last year with a 70.  I am pretty consistent off the tee, 230ish, and usually not in too much trouble.  I struggle with my approach shots, but have a pretty good short game, known for my touch around the greens with my punch and run 8-iron.  As you can see in my signature, I don't play the latest-greatest equipment, but am probably due for different irons soon.  

My ball of choice is Vice Pro - why?  Probably because of the offers that Vice puts out there.  And at my local golf shop, they have been selling them for $30.  I can usually get through a week without having to replace my ball.  The course doesn't have cart paths on all the holes, so my ball doesn't take a beating.  If I do hit a tree or a path and there is a scuff, I will replace it because I can't afford to lose any more distance!  

MAXALIGN2.jpg.4eef0893563ebf54552524353a11ee41.jpg.de17e5f8672728825503e0e8e8521f1c.jpg

How will I be testing - 

I usually, should probably say never, align my ball to the hole or ever mark it, because I am the only one out there, and I leave the pin in.  Saves time and it works for me.  So this will be a good test to see if I can improve my putting by using the new Align system on the Maxfli.  If I can get out on my course again, I will set up some distances and test it vs my gamer (not aligning) and maybe even the EXTREME alignment aid of the Tour Response. 

Simulator - hope to get to a simulator and do some testing - distance, spin, launch, accuracy, etc.  

On Course - I am fortunate to be heading to Jacksonville, FL with the local Junior College golf team over spring break and will be playing 4 days in a row - I will swap out my gamer for a round or two and see how it performs, especially on the short game, since I am such a scrambler. 

Should be a fun test, I hope you all will follow! Thanks again to MyGolfSpy for the opportunity.  

p.s.  if you look up Winnebago Man or "Angriest Man Alive" on YouTube, that's me.  Made the videos and the "Tony" he is talking about - one of the very first viral videos!  

FINAL REVIEW

First Impressions/Unboxing 10 out of 10 

IMG_5302.jpg.c6ae2730e807a9e3fbdea2b4b3eec864.jpgIMG_5305.jpg.f43616af257745fc9a58d47f81106a12.jpgIMG_5304.jpg.d7f8d53f410bae7d9144b100c0f83cfd.jpg

2 dozen balls arrived via a FedEx box the other day.  Nice-looking boxes, as you can see in the pics.  Shiny white boxes with nice gold and silver fonts and graphics.  The black Maxfli logo on the ball is bold and bigger than most logos I would say, but what sets these apart is the MAX ALIGN system that is carried across the ball 3 times and is only interrupted by the logo.  Very shiny gloss white as promised.

IMG_5306.jpg.518a87e4918d07d6cd53f6867ebb0e1b.jpgIMG_5300.jpg.a14fa6589ec00f16e7efb71be5fbcdd6.jpgIMG_5307.jpg.54b9f3a9fe116ca30e9163c7c351c44c.jpg

I am testing the TOUR model which is softer than the TOUR X but not as soft as the Tour S.  I did a bounce test listening for sound as I bounced a Vice Pro, a Titleist ProV1x, and a Callaway SuperSoft from the same height simultaneously with the Maxfli Tour.  The Vice Pro and the Maxfli Tour were almost identical, as was the ProV1x -maybe being a little firmer sounding.  And as expected the SuperSoft was the marshmallowist sounding of them all.  Looking at the data provided by MyGolfSpy regarding compression this sound test confirmed what I was hearing.  When I get out on the course again - damn Iowa weather - it should be a good test.  Vice Pro vs Maxfli Tour.

IMG_5303.jpgIMG_5301.jpgIMG_5299.jpg

Aesthetics -  10 out of 10

You can see for youself how the packaging looks - I tried to give you every angle possible!  It looks and feels like a quality ball.  Looking at the number from last years test - it is.  It sounded very much like my gamer, Vice Pro, off all my clubs.   One thing I will say is that I think the MAXFLI logo is a bit large with everything else going on with this ball.   

The Numbers -  20 out of 20

When I did my driver test it performed as well as my gamer.  Distances were very close and it held up against the Pro V1x as well.  

IMG_5327.jpg.7615028050076732151bdbcc8cf55727.jpg

I am not sure you could get closer numbers than this.  Carry, ball speed launch angle.  Apparently I have a very boring swing!

On The Course -  16 out of 20

IMG_5416.jpg.dda1275df52efdf253bb6e29462fc891.jpg

The picture above describes golf in Iowa in April.  I was able to get out on my home course a couple of times and managed to finagle my way on a golf trip to Jacksonville, Florida for 4 days of golf.  Thank goodness.  

Off the Tee – This ball equals my gamer off the tee - there may have been a little more height on a few shots, but depending on the conditions that day, it performed great.  

Approach – My weakness - I would love to say that it could tell it spun more or held the greens more - but I really struggle hitting greens so this wasn't a good test for me.  

Around the Green – I am a bump and run guy, with my 8 iron, and it reacted as I assumed it would and felt the same as my gamer.  I chipped in a couple of times in Florida so it didn't really throw me off using the Maxlfi Tour.  

Putting – This is where the deductions come in for me.

Maxfi3.jpg.ec4ada99629d76ba4bfd41f5b1dc7514.jpgMaxfli1.jpg.625457104dea53ea061ce7eca442bbd1.jpgMaxfli2.jpg.cec78cada32707edcd00ca01fff88bc8.jpg

There is a lot going on - using my current putter, with the lines and dots and such.  I thought it would help on shorter putts to use the alignment on the Maxfli, but it didn't.  It made me stand over putts longer to make sure it was lined up right, instead of just hitting the putts.  Out of the 2 rounds I used it compared to my gamer, I saved 1 putt.  But I also chipped in twice that round, so I am throwing that out!  

The Good, The Bad, the In Between-  16 out of 20

I have no issues with the performance of this ball, it is quality and holds up as well as any other ball I have played.  For me it was just the time I spent standing over the putts and my thought process when the line weren't "lining" up in the fairway on approach shots.  

Maxfli4.jpg.4cf65b815a8875f7d9e8973bfa43fba5.jpg

It's Pointing The Wrong Way!  A little disconcerting for me standing over a 180 yd shot with my hybrid when I am facing bunkers on each side and water on the right!  I think I got in my head a little bit with this one.  And was overthinking it.  

Play it or trade it?   15 out of 20

Would I play these balls?  Probably not....just don't work for me.  I can honestly say I may use them in a best shot scenario where I already know the line that someone has shown me, but on a daily basis I don't think I will play them.   Of course I will play them til the two dozen that were provided for me are gone or I give them to someone else to give them a shot - would be interested in knowing their thoughts.  Reading the other reviews on here, I think we are 50/50 split on them.  

Conclusion

I appreciate being selected to do this review and the process was a lot of fun.  The Maxfli Tour Align is a quality ball.   $40 per dozen - and only at Dick's Sporting Goods makes it that much harder for me to get my hands on them IF I was going to use them on a daily basis.  That, and the mind mess I get standing over a putt looking at those arrows, I just can't pull the trigger.  

Thanks again to MyGolfSpy for the opportunity.

maxfli6.jpg.d72f1746d05eb64fb69c805f51fdff87.jpg

Final Score  87 out of 100

Edited by tw1ns
Update

Driver :taylormade-small:  M2 9.5 deg. Tensei CK Series Blue 50 Stiff

3 Wood :callaway-small: Steel Head Tensei CK Series Blue Reg.

Hybrids :taylormade-small: M2 3-4H - Reg.

Irons :taylormade-small: M2 5-PW Reg. Steel

Wedges :titelist-small: 52* 56* Vokey SM4 Black

Putter :odyssey-small: Versa White Hot RX #7  35 inch SuperStroke Slim 3.0

Ball  VICE Tour

Congrats testers! I am diggin that align technology ⛳

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: [email protected]

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

Congrats. to this group, looking forward to the comments and reviews.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Wooo hooo and congrats to the testing team.  I’ve gamed this version (pre-alignment aid) and this should be a fun test comparing this to your current gamer(s).  

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Congrats testers! 

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

Congrats to the testers! Interested in how they like the new alignment aid. Have fun!

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

Congrats to the lucky testers. I'm really interested in the results for the Tour ball. I'm always on the lookout for a deal on a great performing golf ball. Being relatively new to golf I lose a couple per round it seems. It's rare for me to use the same ball for an entire round.

You go testers! Congrats on being selected. You've got a great mission to test this product. Now go get 'em!

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

Congrats to you all! Looking forward to this and Happy Birdie Hunting!

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft

Ping 425 Max 3 wood w/Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1 shaft

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons w/6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

PXG 311 Gen 3 52 & 56 Wedges w/ Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Testers Announced!

Please welcome and congratulate our Maxfli Tour testers!

@Peejer

@ScramblinMan 

@VernL4 

@tw1ns

@tdc1

Congrats to the testers!! I love Maxfli balls and have a big stack of the yellow Tour's in my cabinet. I look forward to hearing about your experiences with the balls, but also the new alignment aid. I like the regular one, but the new one should be interesting. Good luck all!

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

Congrats, testers! Will be interested to hear your thoughts on the alignment aid as I really am not a big fan at first glance. Maybe it will be one of those that looks better in person than online.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

Congrats testers! I've tried alignment aids and some are better than others of course. Take pics, and it'd be cool if you can squeeze in some video, too!

-XY
BALL:  Titleist ProV1, Kirkland Signature
WOODS: Taylormade Stealth2 +, Callaway Epic Flash 3-wood
3- and 4- HYBRID: Ping G30, stiff
IRONS: Ping i525, 6 - U-wedge, 1 degree flat, ProjectX 5.5 110 g shafts
WEDGES: Ping 4.0 60 degree, Titleist 56 degree SM8
PUTTER: L.A.B Mezz Max, 69 degree, 37 inch LA Golf shaft, 1.5 degree press grip

Congrats all!  Never played a regular maxfli ball before, so really looking forward to your reviews and testing!!!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Congratulations all on your selection. Have not tried the Maxfli so really interested in your results and opinions. 

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

Congratulations all on being selected.  I hope you find the Maxfli Tour balls as good as I did!  Throw in the alignment graphics and hopefully it will be a winner!

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

Congratulations to all of the testers!

A couple of years ago I went through the Ping Ballnamic fitting and the Maxfli Tour ball was my top recommendation.  The reviews on MyGolfSpy gave me the confidence to try it out.  Been playing it ever since. 

I especially like the center of gravity being marked on the Maxfli balls as it saves me the time it took using my Check Pro Go to find the center of gravity and mark my previous gamer ball the Bridgestone Tour BRX.  Started doing that after reading Dave Pelz’s book the Putting Bible.

I do revert back to the Bridgestone ball in the winter because it is a little softer and doesn’t spin quite as much which makes up for distance loss due to the cold and gives me a better feel.

It really performs well for me and I would most likely still play the Maxfli Tour ball even if it was priced the same as the Bridgestone ball.  As is it’s a great value!

I prefer the double line alignment marking on the previous generation Maxfli balls over the current single line alignment aid.Very curious to get everyone’s impression of the new Max Align markings on these test balls.

The Maxfli Tour X ball flies higher and spins more for me while the new Tour S ball flies lower and spins less.  Exactly as claimed by Maxfli.

The Tour ball is the Goldilocks ball for me.

Edited by Hoyoymac

Cobra LTDx LS 9.0 TPT Power Range 18 LO

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 TPT 17 HI

Tour Edge E723 21 degree Diamana Thump f85 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid TPT 17 LO

Corey Paul - 5 & 6 CB with KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Black

Corey Paul 7 - PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Chrome

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60 all with BGT ZNE shafts

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos, Bushnell V4, Vessel Lux XV 2.0 bag, Bag Boy quad XL cart with Alphard V2 wheels

On 2/27/2024 at 5:04 PM, Hoyoymac said:

The Maxfli Tour X ball flies higher and spins more for me while the new Tour S ball flies lower and spins less.  Exactly as claimed by Maxfli.

The Tour S ball is the Goldilocks ball for me.

I probably would have chosen the Tour S ball for myself as well, but it wasn't an option to test.  

Driver :taylormade-small:  M2 9.5 deg. Tensei CK Series Blue 50 Stiff

3 Wood :callaway-small: Steel Head Tensei CK Series Blue Reg.

Hybrids :taylormade-small: M2 3-4H - Reg.

Irons :taylormade-small: M2 5-PW Reg. Steel

Wedges :titelist-small: 52* 56* Vokey SM4 Black

Putter :odyssey-small: Versa White Hot RX #7  35 inch SuperStroke Slim 3.0

Ball  VICE Tour

Test balls arrived this afternoon.  No sexy unboxing video -- just a plain, brown FedEx box with 2 dozen Maxfli Tour balls inside.

IMG_1257.jpeg.789628a208b5177015044a2d32bcbc4a.jpeg

First impressions:  (1) balls look, sound and feel exactly as I would expect of a 3-piece urethane ball; (2) given the amount of ink needed for the alignment aid there are only a couple of minor blemishes (stray dots of ink); and (3) I was slightly surprised by the orientation of the alignment aid as I had expected it to be more of a side stamp rather than inline with the Maxfli logo (I doubt this will have any impact on the effectiveness of the alignment aid but it was tad surprising).

IMG_1259.jpeg.7f15033ae024c70377fa4c1cf063c151.jpeg

First nine holes of the season for me today.  Next 2-3 days look playable so I'll take these out for spin.  Greens still damp and shaggy so roll may not reflect accurately on the alignment aid but will get a first impression.

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Cobra King SZ (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

2 hours ago, tdc1 said:

Test balls arrived this afternoon.  No sexy unboxing video -- just a plain, brown FedEx box with 2 dozen Maxfli Tour balls inside.

IMG_1257.jpeg.789628a208b5177015044a2d32bcbc4a.jpeg

First impressions:  (1) balls look, sound and feel exactly as I would expect of a 3-piece urethane ball; (2) given the amount of ink needed for the alignment aid there are only a couple of minor blemishes (stray dots of ink); and (3) I was slightly surprised by the orientation of the alignment aid as I had expected it to be more of a side stamp rather than inline with the Maxfli logo (I doubt this will have any impact on the effectiveness of the alignment aid but it was tad surprising).

IMG_1259.jpeg.7f15033ae024c70377fa4c1cf063c151.jpeg

First nine holes of the season for me today.  Next 2-3 days look playable so I'll take these out for spin.  Greens still damp and shaggy so roll may not reflect accurately on the alignment aid but will get a first impression.

Seems like there’s a lot going on yet simple but not distracting. I like the look of these way more than the tour response stripe, they’re way too distracting for me. Looking forward to reading how they do for you!

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

Homemade and store bought -- let the testing begin!

IMG_1262.jpeg.868c60520e03545e1d6c54a99211900d.jpeg

Just back from 9 holes on my home course — lift, clean and place two-over 38!  I used the Maxfli Tour Align for all 18 putts (given how shaggy and bumpy the greens were I was very pleased to two putt my way around).

It may just be the angle of the sun here in central Michigan but I was surprised at how faint the alignment aid was when in motion.  Perhaps because the side lines connecting the top/bottom of the “arrowhead” or “feather” marking are very thin?

Also used it off the tee on the par 3s.  Not as strong a visual as the TaylorMade Tour Response Stripe or Srixon Q-Star Tour Divide but still useful reminder for me.  Ball feels soft but solid on tee shots, and has a nice mid-flight.

More play tomorrow and Monday ahead of rain and droppIng temps for remainder of the week.