How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Member/Guest this past weekend - last event before knee surgery for ligament/cartilage tears 😢

Thursday - Team quota round, 79

Friday matches - 38/38/36

Saturday matches - 40/38

We finished 5th overall and in the championship flight...not what we wanted but with a bum knee with torn ligaments, I was fairly happy with my play. My partner had a rough weekend as he's working through some swing issues but started to figure it out on day 2.

Love these events, so much fun...

image.png.3ae44848eaa91e16529cc2da1115da30.png                        Driver:  Ping G425LST Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X shaft
image.png.095cd3d760c79d0eb767623ffdf42310.png                           Fairway Wood:  Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 (yep, OG 1999 all original)
image.png.573c1776da590d9bf6c6c64be1737d23.png                        Irons:  Ping i525 irons - Ping AWT 2.0 Xstiff
image.png.5ba727eab99bc410c525de418412911b.png        Wedges:  Titleist Vokey 52/56/60 SM9 (12deg/D grind)
image.png.5d5b33118fcaf8994d51632d9c6b8c8b.png                       Putter:  Ping Tyne 4 putter
image.png.bd6d95a9eb5ec85777f017c339995ccb.png                         Bag:  Titleist Hybrid 5
image.png.e9ac768bf1e829ed0c20f60071eef305.png                         Ball: Titleist Pro V1x Left Dash

10 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

If the lofts are different, it would explain the yardage difference.  Of course, it could be the shafts work better for your swing but my guess is the lofts.

Stix clubs:

5i 6i 7i 8i 9i 

22°25°28°33°39°

My guess is that your Foremost being older are more traditional lofts and a 5i is 25*  vs the 22* 

Or we could just let him have it that he was "superhuman" that day!

Incredible recovery shots are set up by an equally incredible miss.

D-    Cobra Aerojet 8.0 Hzrdus Blue S.

FW-  Callaway Mavrik 3&5 wood

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Callaway Epic forged E19 4-GW

Taylormade MG 3 56 degree 10 bounce (personal grind to 6 degrees or so)

Cameron Furtura F5r  / Odessey Ai One Three T

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

4 minutes ago, Mike10487 said:

Or we could just let him have it that he was "superhuman" that day!

Hey I'm good with that as well. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Finally got back to the course on Monday after vacationing the prior week. I was able to walk 9 and shot a good 38 (+2). Off the tee was ok, but my irons were off the mark, hitting only 2/9 greens, with one resulting in a birdie. Contact was good, I was just not hitting where I thought I was aiming. I think I could benefit from some alignment and setup work to get the ball started on my intended line throughout the bag.

With the terrible approach play, I managed only 11 putts to keep the score from getting off the rails, and I only made 1 putt over 6 feet. I have been working on my chipping and pitching, using lower loft to get the ball rolling sooner on chips, and I have been working to shallow the club on pitches to get better contact and more loft. Seems to be working, for now. 

Jacob

14 hours ago, Rygolf32 said:

Member/Guest this past weekend - last event before knee surgery for ligament/cartilage tears 😢

Hope that goes well.. and also hope the recovery and PT go well, too.... 🤞

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric trolley.
Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or Vice Pro Air. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

16 hours ago, Rygolf32 said:

Thursday - Team quota round, 79

Friday matches - 38/38/36

Saturday matches - 40/38

We finished 5th overall and in the championship flight...not what we wanted but with a bum knee with torn ligaments, I was fairly happy with my play. My partner had a rough weekend as he's working through some swing issues but started to figure it out on day 2.

Love these events, so much fun...

Great job and hopefully you heal up soon. 

Played in league tonight and stunk it up. Thankfully my opponent was equally miserable and I split our match. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Velocore+ Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Pro X3+

After having two stellar weeks where I felt my game was back to PKSD (pre-kids single digit) levels (not including the spy meetup at Kingsmill ), the proverbial wheels fell off. Not only the wheels, but the engine blew up and suspension broke🤦‍♂️

Standing on the 9th hole of my weekly league, all I could mutter was WTH, where did it all go wrong? The one highlight was a lone par in the middle of the 9 hole stretch.

The feel for putts disappeared, driving was all over the place and irons - we won't even talk about that.  If you have seen me you would of thought I just picked up clubs yesterday. Penalties piled up like car crashes on a foggy morning.

The most frustrating part was the night before, the swing was in tune at the range; the hour before, the putting was sharp on the practice green...I just don't know where it all went wrong.

I definitely ran the gamut of emotions mostly on the frustration side.  Driving home, all I could think of is WTH.

I thought I finally figured out this game, but I guess not. This game is truly humbling...

Edited by MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1x / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: Titan Elite

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Current MyGolfSpy Review - Precision Pro Titan Elite Rangefinder:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64979-testers-announced-precision-pro-titan-elite/?do=findComment&comment=1082733

I played Riverwalk GC yesterday from the blue tees. For me, it was pretty intimidating and should have played from the whites because of the length but shot an 84 with two birdies. On the way out it was mostly into the wind, so it made driving the ball even harder, but I worked my "new" Rogue ST driver pretty well all day. Short game was on point and got out of some tricky bunker lies with no problem. Putting also saved me a lot of strokes and I am still loving my Cleveland HB Soft 4. I did have two three putts but they were both very long with a ton of break and playing slower than the other greens. I'm finally wising up and hitting knock down approach shots as opposed to trying to hit a full wedge. Hit a very nice, flighted PW to 4 feet from 110. Even though I walked it, I finished strong with my best drive, approach and birdie putt off the fringe on 18. Shooting an 84 from the blue tees felt like a real accomplishment and made all the recent practice well worth it.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 8* w/Tensei AV White 65-S

Callaway Superhybrid 3 17* and 4 20* w/Steelfiber 75 FC

Ping i2305 4-PW w/DG 105g

TaylorMade MG3 50/54/58 wedges w/DG S200

Odyssey Number 10 Slant Neck

Maxfli Tour Ball

2 minutes ago, SDGolf619 said:

I played Riverwalk GC yesterday from the blue tees. For me, it was pretty intimidating and should have played from the whites because of the length but shot an 84 with two birdies. On the way out it was mostly into the wind, so it made driving the ball even harder, but I worked my "new" Rogue ST driver pretty well all day. Short game was on point and got out of some tricky bunker lies with no problem. Putting also saved me a lot of strokes and I am still loving my Cleveland HB Soft 4. I did have two three putts but they were both very long with a ton of break and playing slower than the other greens. I'm finally wising up and hitting knock down approach shots as opposed to trying to hit a full wedge. Hit a very nice, flighted PW to 4 feet from 110. Even though I walked it, I finished strong with my best drive, approach and birdie putt off the fringe on 18. Shooting an 84 from the blue tees felt like a real accomplishment and made all the recent practice well worth it.

I have always wanted to play Riverwalk. Used to pass it all the time when taking the red limousine around the city but I wasn't golfing when I lived in SD. Looks like next time I'm out there I'll have to get a tee time.

Nice round btw, an 84 from the blues is no slouch at all. Great work. 

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max 10.5°

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 25°, :titleist-small: Tsi2 21°

4i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM10 - 50° 12f, 54° 14f, 58° 14k

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X

Bag: Ghost Golf Maverick 14-Way 

Glove: Nexgen Nano-X Pro Tour+

2 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

I have always wanted to play Riverwalk. Used to pass it all the time when taking the red limousine around the city but I wasn't golfing when I lived in SD. Looks like next time I'm out there I'll have to get a tee time.

I have played Riverwalk several times when I was in the military in San Diego. Played several tournaments and received a PXG fitting there. It can be pricey at times and gets a lot of play. However, it is a good track. If I remember correctly they have 27 holes. I came in third in tournament there. Three putted twice and fell back. They have some tricky pin placements.

Play like a champion today!

5 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Thanks. We got a lot of rain over the winter, and it seems like it's in the best shape that I have ever seen. They even built a new tee box and repaired the par 5 on the far end that used to have a TON of GUR. However, play it while you can as the course is going to be developed into condos in the next couple of years. I think it's one of the last things to get plowed, but it's just going to make getting tee times at all the other courses even harder.

Maxfli Tour Ball

2 minutes ago, Javs said:

I have played Riverwalk several times when I was in the military in San Diego. Played several tournaments and received a PXG fitting there. It can be pricey at times and gets a lot of play. However, it is a good track. If I remember correctly they have 27 holes. I came in third in tournament there. Three putted twice and fell back. They have some tricky pin placements.

It used to have 27, now it's just 18. Yep, the greens keeper had the blue tees way back with some very tucked pins yesterday.

Maxfli Tour Ball

17 minutes ago, SDGolf619 said:

It used to have 27, now it's just 18. Yep, the greens keeper had the blue tees way back with some very tucked pins yesterday.

Same as the tournament set up. I went from first to third putting an eagle putt off the green and making par. 

Play like a champion today!

2 hours ago, SDGolf619 said:

Thanks. We got a lot of rain over the winter, and it seems like it's in the best shape that I have ever seen. They even built a new tee box and repaired the par 5 on the far end that used to have a TON of GUR. However, play it while you can as the course is going to be developed into condos in the next couple of years. I think it's one of the last things to get plowed, but it's just going to make getting tee times at all the other courses even harder.

Oh man thanks for letting me know! Glad that I'm in LA and can make the trip down there soon. I would hate to miss the place I've always admired passing by since I was 16! Thanks for the info

WITB

14 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Oh man thanks for letting me know! Glad that I'm in LA and can make the trip down there soon. I would hate to miss the place I've always admired passing by since I was 16! Thanks for the info

No problem. It's a decent course but I try to play weekdays since the weekend rate is not worth the green fee. Admiral Baker North is hard to get on but is a much better course for the money.

Maxfli Tour Ball

After seemingly months of poor play and scores that I'm embarrassed to talk about, (though I did post them all and my cap went from +1.4 to 1.9!) I finally managed to shoot a round of even par 71 at my home track yesterday.

Working at the course Tuesday and Wednesday, I was tasked with venting the greens. Walking with this beast of a machine, an aerator, I put on close to 60,000 steps in the two days. I was not really feeling like teeing it up after work on Wednesday, but playing so poorly, for me, the only real way out is to play my way out. It was a beautiful afternoon, and my day started at 3:50am and we got off the golf course after a 4:15 round at 6:05. Home by 6:40. 

LONG DAY and very tired!

Statistically, it was very sound. Hit 10 Fairways, 13 GIR, 4/5 up and ins, 2/2 sand saves, 31 putts, 68 ft of putts made. 2 birdies, 2 bogeys. Played the par 3's even, the par 5's -1 and the par 4's +1. Missed one 4 footer for par on 6 and 3 putted 10 from about 30 feet below the hole on a two tiered green.

All in all, very satisfied. The best I've struck the ball in 3 months. I am truly hoping that this is the turnaround I've been waiting for. 

Entering that score, dropped my cap from 1.9 to 1.5. Going back in the direction I want.

FORE,

Mike

Played this wonderful game for 54 years now. Still love it!

Driver - Callaway Rogue Reg shaft 10 degree (Circa 2018)

3 Wood - Callaway Big Bertha 3 Metal (2014)

Hybrids - Callaway X-Hot Pro 16 and 20 degree (2014)

Irons - Callaway Apex Pro Graphite Shafts 4-A (2014)

Wedges - Callaway Mac Daddy 56 (2014) and 58 (2019)

Putter - Kayson Mallet 34" (2023)

Bags - Carry: Sun Mountain (2005) Cart: BagBoy Easy Rider Lite (2019)

Pull/Push Cart - BagBoy Compact3 (2019)

"Can't birdie them all if you don't birdie the first 2"

7 hours ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

I filled out a survey on the course and got this reply! Looks like Riverwalk will be around for at least 5 more years.

Hello!

Thank you for taking time to respond to our survey! Just a quick update of the development project. Everything is on hold for now and we have signed a 5 year lease with an additional 5 year option.  So, for at least the next 10 years we will keep trying to make the course better.

Thanks!

Dennis 

Maxfli Tour Ball

10 minutes ago, SDGolf619 said:

I filled out a survey on the course and got this reply! Looks like Riverwalk will be around for at least 5 more years.

Hello!

Thank you for taking time to respond to our survey! Just a quick update of the development project. Everything is on hold for now and we have signed a 5 year lease with an additional 5 year option.  So, for at least the next 10 years we will keep trying to make the course better.

Thanks!

Dennis 

Oh 🤬 yeah!!! Still want to make it out there soon though. I can always go for an SD trip

WITB

Horrible!!! Played a course new to me today.  Of course, I did so after a torrential rain storm yesterday.  The course was soaked, muddy, unkempt, and steamy.  I do not play well in mud...never have.  The greens hadn't been cut and the holes hadn't been redone in quite awhile.  Add to all that....I sucked.  No, really sucked.  Couldn't get going.  Missed all but 7 greens...had a three put ( on the shaggy greens)....couldn't get the distances right.  So, and underwhelming 85....aaaarrrgggh.  Unfortunately, it was the warm up for 3 rounds over the next two days...again on courses that until now have been unseen.  Didn't help my confidence at all.

Cobra LTDx one-length 6-SW

Cobra Aerojet 2,3,4,5 Hybrids--85g stiff shafts

Cobra F8 10.5* Driver 

Cleveland CBX 58* Wedge

Ping Anser2 G2 putter

Dedicated Walker

Haven’t posted in here in a while, but had maybe my best 9 hole yet round after work. Shot 39 at Falcon Valley (Par 36, 3145yds, 35.5/127). With 4/7 fairways, 3/9 GiR, 13 putts, 4 bogeys, 1 dbl bogey, 3 birdies, and 1 hole out putt from off the green.

Was a roller coaster of a round, and the most birdies I’ve scored in any round 9 or 18 holes. Birdie both par 3s (one being the off green putt), and birdie the last hole a par 4 (3 wood, 48°, and putt). Was really fun, and a great start to my vacation next week.IMG_2696.jpeg.dee4db681519aa361182e9ed8db3ca9b.jpeg

Driver : :callaway-small:GBB Epic, 10.5° loft, autoFlex Dream7, SF405x flex (44.75")
3-Wood: :callaway-small:Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
3-Hybrid: :srixon-small: Z H85, 19° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Black 85g, 5.5 flex
Irons: :titleist-small: T350 5i & T200 6i-GW, 23°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
Wedges: :Sub70: JB Forged Raw 54° & 58° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Reg flex (+0.5/0.25", 0.5° upright)
Putter: :ping-small: DS72 C, 35”, PP60 grip

2 minutes ago, BallsLeon said:

Haven’t posted in here in a while, but had maybe my best 9 hole yet round after work. Shot 39 at Falcon Valley (Par 36, 3145yds, 35.5/127). With 4/7 fairways, 3/9 GiR, 13 putts, 4 bogeys, 1 dbl bogey, 3 birdies, and 1 hole out putt from off the green.

Was a roller coaster of a round, and the most birdies I’ve scored in any round 9 or 18 holes. Birdie both par 3s (one being the off green putt), and birdie the last hole a par 4 (3 wood, 48°, and putt). Was really fun, and a great start to my vacation next week.IMG_2696.jpeg.dee4db681519aa361182e9ed8db3ca9b.jpeg

Awesome!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I played at the Links at Firestone Farms today. Another day of my round starting off good felt good for the first 4 or so holes then it went downhill. I'm striking the ball so poorly and I'm in slump with my driver. Praying I shake this off soon and get back to improving and not regressing. With that being said I'm playing there again on Saturday hoping to get my revenge on the course.

1 hour ago, BallsLeon said:

Congrats!! Great round!!

:PXG:Bubba Ivy 

18.png.6924e4a3d4ff996fef43447ec4f79c0e.png

I don't claim to be a club distance expert . . .  but I think I'm supposed to have more than a 3 yard gap between Driver and 7 wood?

Although, maybe a good test would be to see if I hit the 5 wood 217 and the 3 wood 218 . . . 

Driver - Stix Compete
7W - :ping-small: G5
9W - :callaway-small: Big Bertha War Bird
5H/SW - :callaway-small:Edge 
6H - :ping-small: G15
5-PW - :macgregor-small: MT-86 OS
56 - Kirkland Signature 
Putter - :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro