How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

I keep forgetting to put my update in. Played another complete 180 round-- I made a 10 footer for par on 9 to finish 49. On the back, I missed a 4 footer on 18 to finish 37. One of the 3 9's on my home course I can completely tear up while the one eats my score. On the plus side after starting the year officially as a 16 but actually being a 16.5-17, I'm down to a 15 handicap and it's been dropping by a half stroke every few rounds.

The lessons are paying off with some of my best, most consistent 9 hole stretches happening somewhat frequently.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybrid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :callaway-small:  Tour X 2024
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours or Sketchers Max Fairway Go 4

20 minutes ago, sp0rtsfan86 said:

I keep forgetting to put my update in. Played another complete 180 round-- I made a 10 footer for par on 9 to finish 49. On the back, I missed a 4 footer on 18 to finish 37. One of the 3 9's on my home course I can completely tear up while the one eats my score. On the plus side after starting the year officially as a 16 but actually being a 16.5-17, I'm down to a 15 handicap and it's been dropping by a half stroke every few rounds.

The lessons are paying off with some of my best, most consistent 9 hole stretches happening somewhat frequently.

Glad to hear you are getting more out of the lessons, and are able to keep applying them!  Great work!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I finally got out over the weekend, shot 19 over. I was getting consistent bogeys until the last hole where I blew a chip. I'm realizing I need to work on dialing in my short irons at the range. Increased precision and accuracy would help, but I came up short on almost every green. There's a Toptracer range near by and I think I'll try to use data from that to put together a club selection chart until I know my clubs better. 

Callaway Maverick driver, Callaway Raw wedges, and some irons from a gift set mid 2000s

On 8/2/2024 at 4:49 PM, alii1959 said:

Today, I decided to do a bit of ball testing.  The balls to be tested:  ProV1X, Chrome Soft, TourBRXS.  I played 18 holes....results were pretty awful.  Shot and 82, +10.  I normally play Callaway Supersoft.  So, here goes.

On the front, I birdied #1!  Usually, I manage to bogey the first hole, so this was promising.  The promise....was a complete lie.  I was hitting the ProV1X.  250+yd drive...quite long for me.  One of the few times I was able to stop the bloody thing on the green.  Driving was great.  Around the greens was awful.  Couldn't stop it at all.  Couldn't put it at all.  Wrong Ball....but the drives were exciting, 15-20yds further than normal.

I attempted to use the Chrome Soft on a few holes....I'd rather play with Top-Flite balls from the 1980s.  It didn't stop, didn't go, just yuck!

Used the Bridgestone on the last few holes on the back.  Much shorter off the tee, for me.  However, it did behave similar to what I am accustomed to.  Hit a great shot into 18 resulting in a par.  

So, didn't play really well, but didn't really expect to.  It was kind of fun not to have any real pressure to "do well."  I did learn quite a bit though.  The ProV1X is a ball I would like to be able to actually get competent with.  The distance would be a huge deal.  The Chrome Soft was just OK...noting special.  The Bridgestone was pretty good, as I said before it is quite similar in behavior to my usual Supersoft.

The heat index, before noon, was hovering around 105.  So, it was a brutal walk, with lots of water downed.  May have had some effect on my game, but I am accustomed to the heat/humidity here.  Hope this helps someone.

Odd, as my favorite balls are PV1x, and Pv1- then Bridgestone bx, then Chromesoft X-

I also love the Maxfli, and the TM tour response, and Srixon z

I find millions of balls, so I’m always trying different ones-

I won’t play Kirkland- any Bridgestone e’s, pinnacle, etc… if I find any of them, I just leave em there-

lots of good balls out there.. but PV1x is the ball if the game has any importance 

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Took a few days off last weekend before Debbie does Charleston and got two rounds in. I’ve been really working on my mechanics at the range and my swing is feeling extremely dialed in right now. Shot a 3 under 69 on Friday, and a 2 under 70 on Saturday. 23 out of 28 fairways, and 28/36 greens between the two days. My handicap is sitting at a +1.1 for the first time in a lot of years, and I can’t wait to see if I can keep this momentum going. I’m going to try to get out this Sunday after the storm passes, but at the very least, a buddy and I are going to hit the simulator at his apartment complex (which is single greatest perk to living in an apartment ever). I’m excited to see the results come out from the updated Rapsodo testing, because if the testers are huge fans, that’ll be my next purchase for my hitting area inside of my garage!

Taylormade Stealth 9 Degree Fujikura Ventus Red 5-S

Titleist TS2 15 Degree Project X Hzrdus Smoke 70g

Titleist TSr1 18 Degree Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75g

Mizuno MP-32 True Temper S400

Titleist Vokey SM8 56, 60 Degree

Ping Anser 2 2024 Release

Morning All,

Played with son at 6am on Saturday.  First 2some off.  We walked and finished 18 holes in 3hrs and 10min.....loved it.  Played well.  41/36 for 77 (6,450 yards).  No birdies, but oh well.  Son shot 78 from 7300 yards with a double...he's pretty good!  I never beat him.  My last 3 rounds have all been in the 70s.  I have been working hard on getting more consistent off the tee....seems to be helping!

Hit Em Straight!!!

MPW

Last wednesday my best friend and I took our yearly trip to our favorite out of town course.  I usually struggle to break 90.  That day I shot an 81, (+9)   That course normally tears me a new one.  I even managed to birdie the hardest hole on the course.  To even sweeten the deal, no lost balls (4 or 5 years ago, i lost 9.  (6 on the back nine.)  

PING G425 SFT 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cobra Fly Z 3 Hybrid

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

On 8/4/2024 at 7:16 PM, Dweed said:

Be safe.

Yeah, Monday was a washout…..course closed, got 11” of rain Sat-Mon.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip or Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Going through some major swing changes at the moment so the golf game is all over the place. we started the year at an 18hcp. same time i realised i wasn't going to get any lower relying on the shamble of a swing i had so i chose to put in work and just shot one of the worst 9's in an 18 hole round of my life. Played Glades GC in Brisbane. went into the round feeling pretty good having hit the sim (trackman) the night before and shooting a respectable 81 at barnbougle. we get to the first tee. short little par 4 only 280m to the front edge. lovely little 7 wood to the middle of the fairway. to then take a gap wedge and dump it in the front bunker. i then decided it'd be a great time to take a further 7 shots to get it on the green as i either left it in the bunker or volleyed it straight over the green. the rest of the day was top city, followed by a beach day as i ended up in a bunker on the first 6 holes. I rounded out that 9 shooting 1 under the courses par for 18. a crisp 71. This formidable show of skill continued onto the back 9 going 10 over in the first 4 holes. We then get to the 14th a dead straight downhill 380m par 4. once again topped my tee shot only going 190m (its very downhill). from there though. its like i had an epiphany i was 185 out from the center of the green - took a 4 iron and proceeded to hit this beautiful 1m draw aimed right at the pin. the ball lands 3 feet right of the pin an releases out another 5m. a miracle, the first shot ive struck well all day. we take a routine par after missing the birdie putt by 2 feet. From then on i was enlightened. id had my spiritual awakening. everything was coming up Milhouse. that pure 1m draw stuck around. i shot 5 over through the last 6 holes. i was back. Golf is a fickle sport, always seems to beat me up and then right as I'm ready to throw in the towel it gives me a loving little forehead kiss that keeps me coming back. (maybe we should go to couples therapy)

Final score for the day - 121 - 21 stableford points
Putts - 39
Sand shots - 15
Penalty shots - 9

image.png

On a quest to playing off single digits and hitting bombs - currently 18 hcp and 115mph club head

Driver: Titleist TSR3 8°, Tensei 1k Black 75 TX 46" (fitted)
3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 14°, S Flex
5 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 20°, R Flex
Irons: Mizuno JPX850 Forged, S Flex, Standard length/lie
Wedges: Vokey SM9 (50,55,60).  stock wedge shaft, 1° upright (fitted),
Putter: TaylorMade Redline Monza
Ball: Titleist -ProV1x , or ProV1 when left dash is unavailable

I played in another scramble yesterday and had a great time. Driver was mostly playable, but we rarely had to use my drive (we had a guy in our group that pounds the ball - he won long drive with a poke of what Arccos said was 320). Irons were really good again - I hit the flag with a PW that dropped within 2 feet of the hole and on 4 of the 5 par 3's we used my tee shot (3 of which were within 10 feet). I really love a well-struck iron. It feels so good.

I'm really confused with my driving. It's been awful for a couple months now. I made some adjustments about a month ago that is at least keeping the ball in play more often, but within the last couple weeks, I've lost 30-40 yards, even with the firm ground we get this time of year. So confusing and frustrating. I say this almost every year, but maybe it's time for some lessons as self-diagnosis just takes too long to sort out. When I did the Epic Speed test a couple years ago, they accidentally sent me the wrong shaft. When they sent to right shaft, they let me keep the other. I'm tempted to swap shafts just to see what happens.

The scramble was held at a Country Club about 30 mins away. They have been under new ownership since 2021, I believe, and are pouring some money into the joint - it's pretty impressive. They built a new "performance center" with gym, indoor putting practice area, and hitting bays (that can open up to the range, weather permitting). Totally redid the range and short game area and are in the process of redoing the 3rd nine that they used to call the challenge course. It will be a reversible 9-hole course, par 31. I thought the main course was really fun - tees, fairways, bunkers, and greens were in the type of shape I would consider "country club" quality. The rough was a little burned out in areas, but I assume they'll get a handle on it at some point (they had a couple crews working on irrigation while we were out there). It was a nice enough experience that I am strongly considering reaching out to them to inquire about membership. 30 mins is not a super long drive, but I wish it was just a little closer, especially since there is no real direct route from my house - it's almost entirely back roads.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
7W: :callaway-small:Epic Flash 19* TourAD (can't remember the exact model)
4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 23* Recoil 780ES
5-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
54*, 58*: :Sub70: TAIII Black
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Most Recent TestFit For Golf 2.0

13 minutes ago, tempotown said:

I broke 80 for the first time last weekend and it is was incredible. I've struggled to break into the single digit HC and have held 10-11 for a few years. I've shot 80 and 81 10+ times with a score worse than par finishing on 18

This time around, the vibes were high all day, I couldn't miss an iron shot, driver was in play all day, It was like nothing I'd ever experienced. 

On top of that, I had my fair share of bogeys, but the 5 birdies(!) helped steer the ship and keep the vides high. The one blow up hole I had was sandwiched between birdies - going birdie, triple, birdie, which is the same as par bogey par.

On 18 tee I was +4. I hit my first bad drive and almost missed the ball on 18 tee with a thin, skulled, 5 feet off the ground ball flight was luckily carried a creek and ended up rolling like a madman into the left rough leaving me ~250 to the middle of the green (par 4). I hit a very tentative hybrid since I just needed to keep it in play and needed better than a 9 to break 80, and I left myself a straight forward 50 yard pitch onto the green. Once I hit it to 12ish feet I knew I could celebrate. I still almost 3-putted because I couldn't control my emotions, but ultimately ended up shooting +5 76 to break 80 for the first time. 

Now, how do I manage expectations? was that a unicorn round, or will my average score just bo closer to 80-82 since I don't have the pressure to shoot under 80 anymore? 

Either way, I can't stop thinking about that round, and I can't wait to tee it up again. 

image.png.65dfdb2688b58bc2a8c3915b7e552f0c.png

Good for you, dude! As far as what to do next, I'd just do some strokes gained type tracking and see exactly where it is you're losing strokes. 8+ bogeys is quite a bit if you want to be a single digit handicap, so figure out where you lost strokes most often and work on that part of your game. But you're so right about expectations. Our expectation as golfers shouldn't be our best round, nor should it be our worst. We're always something that's more in the middle. I've shot a -3 69 this year, but I've also had rounds in the 80's. Most of the time, I'm somewhere around +4. So remembering that there is going to be a pretty wide range, maybe even 15 or more strokes between your best rounds and your worst can help you manage your expectations as you continue to grind. Hope those thoughts are helpful! 

WITB!!!

Driver: Stealth+, 9*, Fujikura Ventus black shaft

3 wood: TM Sim Max, 15*

5 wood: Sub70 Pro Version 2, 18*

4-PW: PXG gen 3 combo set. 4-6 are P’s. 7-PW are T’s

50* and 54* wedges: Callaway MD5 Jaws

60*: Cleveland full face CBX

Putter: LAB Golf DF 2.1 

Grips: JumboMax Tour version, standard jumbo, blackout colorway

23 minutes ago, tempotown said:

I broke 80 for the first time last weekend and it is was incredible. 

Congrats on the PB and breaking the 80 barrier

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

24 minutes ago, tempotown said:

I broke 80 for the first time last weekend and it is was incredible. I've struggled to break into the single digit HC and have held 10-11 for a few years. I've shot 80 and 81 10+ times with a score worse than par finishing on 18

This time around, the vibes were high all day, I couldn't miss an iron shot, driver was in play all day, It was like nothing I'd ever experienced. 

On top of that, I had my fair share of bogeys, but the 5 birdies(!) helped steer the ship and keep the vides high. The one blow up hole I had was sandwiched between birdies - going birdie, triple, birdie, which is the same as par bogey par.

On 18 tee I was +4. I hit my first bad drive and almost missed the ball on 18 tee with a thin, skulled, 5 feet off the ground ball flight was luckily carried a creek and ended up rolling like a madman into the left rough leaving me ~250 to the middle of the green (par 4). I hit a very tentative hybrid since I just needed to keep it in play and needed better than a 9 to break 80, and I left myself a straight forward 50 yard pitch onto the green. Once I hit it to 12ish feet I knew I could celebrate. I still almost 3-putted because I couldn't control my emotions, but ultimately ended up shooting +5 76 to break 80 for the first time. 

Now, how do I manage expectations? was that a unicorn round, or will my average score just bo closer to 80-82 since I don't have the pressure to shoot under 80 anymore? 

Either way, I can't stop thinking about that round, and I can't wait to tee it up again. 

Awesome round…congratulations!  Keep going, looking forward to hearing you broke 80 again!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Back to doing two nines a week (minus next week) for three weeks then likely one nine a week. Started on the back. Shot 46 with three doubles. Driver gave me fits as did some iron play. Went to range after and figured some things out. Worked on face strike drills for irons. Then driver did a drill with a tee in front of my tee and try not to hit it. Learned I was hitting down. Then learned I was into the heel. So did a Howard jones trick and adjusted tee a little higher and boom. Just learning how to adjust when things are off. On bright side, the half pitches I practiced Sunday were dead on today. A good scoring weapon to have. 

IMG_1225.png

IMG_1226.png

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :kbs: TD Cat 4 60g 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with :kbs: PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with:kbs: Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter::L.A.B.:Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  :Snell: Prime 4.0

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

Glove: :redrooster:

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

27 minutes ago, tempotown said:

That is fantastic!! Congrats. Is a great feeling when you finally accomplish Breaking 100, 90, 80 or 72. Now you have a new goal!!! 

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Terra Forza White Shaft
3 -Wood Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag
TESTED: Terra Forza Shaft 

36 minutes ago, tempotown said:

Way to go!!

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :kbs: TD Cat 4 60g 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with :kbs: PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with:kbs: Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter::L.A.B.:Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  :Snell: Prime 4.0

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

Glove: :redrooster:

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

48 minutes ago, tempotown said:

Congrats on the milestone and the new PB!

GT4,10 *, Ventus Black TR 6 S Velacore

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Played 18 yesterday at Tri Mountain in Ridgefield, WA. Before the round I spent some time working on green-side chipping. Who's to say how it would have been otherwise, but the up/down rate was the best it's been in who-knows-how-long, with a chip-in for birdie thrown in as well on 12. On the negative side, the driver got sloppy and cost 3 strokes during a mid-round stretch (7-9), and I had a couple thin-slices mixed in that cost at least two strokes.

Though there's the usual "what could have been", I'm happy with the score.

image.png.583860cb51dc18150498da54f6cbe5b4.png

Victor Bruhn

SW Washington State

2 hours ago, tempotown said:

Congrats-

you will now suddenly start hitting 75’s-85’s-

golf rolls in weird waves, and as long as you have a decent swing, suddenly you will forget about many of your poor swing thoughts, and only positive thoughts and energy will take over your swings- now you will start to really think about your yardage, your target line, better landing zones, pin placements , par 3’s will be landing on the greens more, putts will get closer with few 3-putts-

all these types of things are what actually happens if you have a decent swing- which it sounds like you do… time to start enjoying your play, because you will start having stretches of really good moments-

Started off a little snappy and lots of little breaks that didn’t happen, for a +7 front- 

then the back came together for a -1, which could have been a -3 or -4, with a few putts that lipped or turned away six inches from the hole

anyways, ended up with a 77- beating my buddy’s 78- which annoyed him to no end…

ahahaha

airplane-sweating.gif.765213e69f682936e1386adafb70099a.gif

That's pretty much how it went, as I'm sure many of you can relate. It's been like that a lot lately.

It's been a while since I had an 8. And I double bogeyed a par 3. But thankfully I got on the par train to really save the round after that. My tee game continues to be my weak spot. So much potential to score with good driving, but I go left/right. This is after having a really good driving range session keeping it mostly straight 😠 My short game and putting continue to be my strong suit, definitely doing the heavy lifting.

20240806_193100292_iOS.png.0a0aa8bc28c53cb7685e4561b34f6c7d.png

20240806_030640417_iOSedit1.png.00a8a6c058329c1e42dc80cc5a878e8b.png

I didn't post last week, but I got a 37 from the blue tees in Monday league! That's my best from the blue tees. 

Driver: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png G400 LST 8.5°

3W: cobra2.png.60653951979ca617ca859530a17d0a2d.png King Speedzone

Irons: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png i200 (3 thru PW & UW)

Wedge: Ray Cook 60 deg

Putter: Spalding TP Mills 3

Tech: golfshot.png.5c17c64b9425413b3bf24668ce3fa044.png on Apple Watch & phone

11 hours ago, tempotown said:

Congratulations!!!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Semi final of the club Greensomes last night. We were giving our opponents 5 strokes and they were +1 thru 9 and 2 up on us. Started to play a bit better and by the 15th turned it around to be 2 up with 3 to play. 16th they were stroking and we could only bogey to their 5 net 4. Halved 17 with 4s. 18th we had 2 putts for the win from 30'. partner left it 4' short and I missed my putt. On to extra holes, halved 19th and then with the sun setting lost the 20th when they got an extra stroke to a 4 nett 3 birdie.

Our record this year has been

Fourball - Lost on the 18th to a guy holing out from off the green for birdie

Foresomes - Lost in last 16 on the 19th hole

Greensomes - Lost in SF on 20th

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

22 hours ago, tempotown said:

Very nice...keep it going!

MPW

I haven't been to the range to work on my driver lately, so I used hybrids off the tee today. If my driver swing isn't working, I should consider buying a 3-wood ……like yesterday! 😂 It took me a few holes to get warmed up, but my short game came through. I ended up shooting an 83, thanks to a string of pars on the back nine.

Edited by Lefty11

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

irons - Callaway Big Bertha 2002 (It's a long story!)

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

Pretty sloppy after the visit by Little Debby. All bunkers were full of water. Fairways & Greens drained well. However it was Cart Path Only and my legs are flat worn out. Wore my Puma high top shoes today to strengthen my left ankle…..did okay. Shot 47/40:87

FIR 10/14 GIR 5/18 28% Up/Down 50% Putts - 31

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip or Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder