How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Congratulations for your son, something to be proud of.

Golf well.......you're right there's always tomorrow [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Thanks, Rick!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I shot an 82 today. My driver has been horrid lately. So I have been favoring my 3 wood and driving iron. Left a couple birdie putts short, that is frustrating. But I am striking my irons well.

However I hit the best shot I will probably ever hit in my life today. I holed out from 175 yards for my 1st Eagle ever!

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :cobra-small: F9, Project X Evenflow White T1100, 6.0 

3 wood:  :cobra-small:  F9, Fujikura Atmos blue,

3 hybrid:   :cobra-small:   F7 19.5 degree stiff flex

Irons: 4-pw   :mizuno-small:  JPX 919 KBS C-Taper  Lite shafts

Wedges:   :cobra-small:   King Black 50, 54, 60 degree KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Putters:  Odyssey O-Works  1w 34" w/ Superstroke counterbalanced Pistol GT 2.0 grip

I shot an 82 today. My driver has been horrid lately. So I have been favoring my 3 wood and driving iron. Left a couple birdie putts short, that is frustrating. But I am striking my irons well.

However I hit the best shot I will probably ever hit in my life today. I holed out from 175 yards for my 1st Eagle ever!

Congrats!!  Now you can't say you've never had an eagle!  Nice, huh?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played 9 two days in a row.

"A Tale of Two Cities"

Traveling in NC after going to step son's graduation from Step 2 of Marine training. First stop was North Shore GC (Sneads Ferry).

Please note the following caveats before I post my score:

* Played from the way way waaaaay up Red Tees

* Rating is only 68.9 with a slope of 126

* Par 36 at 2427 yds

* Took 1 Mulligan on #2

So... I went Par, Par then Bogey the rest except for one hole was Double; so ended at +8 for a 44.

Career best to date :)

Either had an extra shot to the green - as after #1 (which I hit ok strangely enough) I could not get off the tee decently if you paid me! - or an extra putt .. had 3 x 3-putts. On that double I had both an extra shot to the green and a 3 putt.....

Felt loose and was mostly making good contact.

Today...

Played the Back 9 at Oak Island GC, Caswell Beach NC. Played from the Golds rated a lowly 67.3/116, 2635 yds.

Felt tight and constricted and could not hit a tee shot .. or much else .. even if you'd held a gun to my head...!

Started off with a Double, then alternated Bogey or Double except for my MAJOR blow-up hole where I earned myself a 12. Yep, 12 on a somewhat but not ridiculously hard Par 5. Hit the water twice. TWICE! In two different places, too, not like i screwed up the penalty shot after the first one. Who does that on one hole??!!?? Sheesh.........

Not much else was working well. Had one good, one decent hybrid shot; a few OK-ish but not great irons and one good wedge shot. Did get out of one greenside bunker ok in one (whew!), otherwise short game was weak and putting so-so.

So ended at +17 for 9.

OUCH!

Maybe tmrw?

Are you sure?  Has anyone ever held a gun to your head?   :D

I have hit the water twice in two different locations more than once on our par 4 #3.  Pond on the left all the way to and in front of the green.  Then hit in a bunker.  Took a 9... maybe it was a 10; lost count.

At least you are out playing.  Enjoy the scenery.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I don't think what I did yesterday qualifies as playing golf - worst round in a long, long time. I should have stopped keeping score, but wanted to see just how bad it was. 98. I was hitting almost everything off the toe. When natural shot shape is straight/fade, the toe shots off woods were ratcheting off to the left, which is death on the back 9 of the course I was playing. The only bright spot was putting is still pretty solid.

I'm tempted to somewhat blame the amount of manual labor I was doing Monday (a huge tree fell behind my house, so hours of chainsaw operation), but I didn't feel overly stiff or sore.

I need to hit the range, badly and perhaps mix in a lesson or six.

All in all, it was more fun than anything else I could have been doing at the time, but frustrating nonetheless.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Where did you play? Ever need a partner, give me a yell.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Where did you play? Ever need a partner, give me a yell.

Brandywine, down in the valley.

Have you ever played Boulder Creek in Streetsboro? It has became one of my favorites in the area.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Test Currently In ProgressFit For Golf 2.0

Not a good round today, it started bad and stay bad I have no idea how I shot 79.

My vice is nicotine, though I quit smoking 4 years ago I vape. I left my vape at home, we had a 5:30 tee time at a local muni. I didn't want to be late so I went without it.

We were the first group to tee off. I par the first couple of holes. On the second tee there were 2some of older Korean guys. They tried to sneak pass the rest of the groups waiting on the first tee. I was about to tee off and the cut through the fairway to park next to our tee box. I stepped back. Then proceed to my routine, they started grabbing things out of their bags, balls, club, and tees, I stepped back, my brother said, he's teeing off. They stopped.

For the next 2 holes they'd be hitting up in us, they are shorter hitter so I'm over my second shots and they are already driving up and stay about 60 yards back. Then the yapping starts as they wait. Finally on the 4th green before I even putt they hit to the fringe. It's on! I walked back and just asked them please stop doing this there are holes open ahead of us, if they are in a hurry just skip. One of them apologized and the other in retaliation drove the cart onto the fringe.

I told my brother to call the shop and I walked back to the green and just told them they can't be driving up to the green like this, though polite I guess my inner A$$hole came thru pretty clear. They pull the car to the path and started behaving and a few holes later rangers came and talk to them.

Now I'm pumped and nothing to calm me, played the rest of the round pretty wired. But hey on the bright side I had 2 hole out one from 57 yards and another from 39 yards. Driving while in the fairway was pretty wild. Most my approach were short and ball striking was poor. My shortgame really saved me.

Sorry for the rant.

Not a good round today, it started bad and stay bad I have no idea how I shot 79.

My vice is nicotine, though I quit smoking 4 years ago I vape. I left my vape at home, we had a 5:30 tee time at a local muni. I didn't want to be late so I went without it.

We were the first group to tee off. I par the first couple of holes. On the second tee there were 2some of older Korean guys. They tried to sneak pass the rest of the groups waiting on the first tee. I was about to tee off and the cut through the fairway to park next to our tee box. I stepped back. Then proceed to my routine, they started grabbing things out of their bags, balls, club, and tees, I stepped back, my brother said, he's teeing off. They stopped.

For the next 2 holes they'd be hitting up in us, they are shorter hitter so I'm over my second shots and they are already driving up and stay about 60 yards back. Then the yapping starts as they wait. Finally on the 4th green before I even putt they hit to the fringe. It's on! I walked back and just asked them please stop doing this there are holes open ahead of us, if they are in a hurry just skip. One of them apologized and the other in retaliation drove the cart onto the fringe.

I told my brother to call the shop and I walked back to the green and just told them they can't be driving up to the green like this, though polite I guess my inner A$$hole came thru pretty clear. They pull the car to the path and started behaving and a few holes later rangers came and talk to them.

Now I'm pumped and nothing to calm me, played the rest of the round pretty wired. But hey on the bright side I had 2 hole out one from 57 yards and another from 39 yards. Driving while in the fairway was pretty wild. Most my approach were short and ball striking was poor. My shortgame really saved me.

Sorry for the rant.

79 isn't bad at all! What do you usually shoot, 69?!

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Sorry for the rant.

Outside of the aholes not that bad of a morning. As far as the nicotine "fix" I have to have a coffee every morning so I need the caffeine fix.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Outside of the aholes not that bad of a morning. As far as the nicotine "fix" I have to have a coffee every morning so I need the caffeine fix.Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I know. I used to get my morning cup of joe fix before the round but sometimes my hands would shake a bit so I skipped it.

I thought without the nicotine it wouldn't bother me or effecting my game. Well I guess I was wrong.:)

79 isn't bad at all! What do you usually shoot, 69?!Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My last 5 rounds were under par. It was good while it lasted.

Maybe my key is to stop drinking coffee and give up chewing. I'm sure my wife would not object.

I know. I used to get my morning cup of joe fix before the round but sometimes my hands would shake a bit so I skipped it.

I thought without the nicotine it wouldn't bother me or effecting my game. Well I guess I was wrong.:)

My last 5 rounds were under par. It was good while it lasted.

But your average isn't under par, right? I would be happy with a 79!

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

But your average isn't under par, right? I would be happy with a 79!

Oh yeah I'm happy about it. Actually I was surprised it wasn't 85. The reason that it was a bad round was because I couldn't connect to the game mentally and had to deal with a few jerks.

Maybe my key is to stop drinking coffee and give up chewing. I'm sure my wife would not object.

Good plan!

Lot healthier.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

... Had a crazy day on the course yesterday. Started off and my back was pretty stiff and missed the first 3 greens all from within 110 yds and I was;t even close. Got up and down but I really had to grind right out of the gate and the first two holes are very easy. On hole 7 my remote battery cart went down and I had to push it to the clubhouse skipping this hole because it is all uphill and I just wanted to get to level ground. My back got worse.

... So I stretched a bit and we got a cart for the back 9. The wind picked up to at least 15-20mph as a front moved in and I proceeded to hit it to inside of 5 feet on the first 4 holes before the lightening siren sounded. It looked clear with no thunder or rain but we don't fool around with lightening. After the siren cleared us to start playing again we got in 2 more holes and it started to rain! So we had to wait about 20 minutes before resuming play. 6 birdies and 2 bogies but I didn't play the most difficult hole on the course. So many crazy things all happening at once for a memorable if not totally pleasant day. How can you not love this game?  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :cobra-small:    Aerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
                  :cobra-small:    Aerojet 20* 7 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

Since I missed out on a bunch of golf this week I ducked out early and played 18 at my club this afternoon. Hit it well all day and shot 36-34 for a -1 70. Hit the Epic for the first time on the course and it does not miss a beat compared to the 816 DBD but unfortunately it is not any longer either. Seems a bit more forgiving and really easy to eliminate the lefts with it. Next step is to dial it in on the launch monitor.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* HZRDUS Yellow HC 76g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Matrix Black Tie 85x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Ok, after the morning round fiasco I decided to have another go at my home club. There's another member who's about to go out for a quick round too so we joined up together.

He's quite a player, 2 handicap at 65 is very impressive. I've seen him all the time but never get a chance to play together. A true living prove that you don't need to be a long hitter to score some awesomeness. We both played from the white.

His drive is about 225ish which is not that much shorter than mine but quite deadly with his hybrid and fairway woods. Great touch around the greens. We had a good time chitchatting thru out. I told him about my morning round. Then we went on and try to match each other's shot for shot. I thought I know all the ways to approach each holes apparently I've much to learn.

I shot 70 to his 68. It's refreshing to play with "older" player and get my ass kick so brilliantly and enjoy it at the same time. Best day ever.

Interesting day today.  Started off my doing yard work for 2 hours in the morning followed by running a few errands.  I managed to hit a few balls around lunch time, practicing hitting shots into the wind since we had about 15-20 mph breeze in the face on the range.  Did quite well I must say.  Then I went to a Dr. appt, and he gave me a clean bill of heath for another 6 weeks.  So I stopped and had an Iron Horse Irish Death ale on the way to the golf course.

My wife and I play practice rounds on Thu and Fri after she gets off work.  We don't keep score, but I was +2 for nine holes with two birdies.  Chipped in for birdie on #1, but the highlight was the 214 yard par 3 #8 hole into the wind.  The pin was back right on a lower shelf, so from the middle of the green it's downhill left-to-right breaking putt.  My tee shot stopped in the middle of the green about a foot and a half from taking the downhill break to the cup.  So, I had a downhill 20 footer with a 10 foot break.  Drained it for birdie.  I get hugs for birdies, and I haven't had that many lately, so getting two tonight was nice!

Here's a pic of my lie in the green side bunker on the par 5 #6 hole.  

IMG_3118.jpeg

This is what bunkers look like at a muni by the end of the day.  Not many rake their footprints, and the geese leave their own tracks.  I did get the ball out onto the green!!

Finally had a good round.

Started off hole 1. My 2nd shot ended on back left of green & pin was on front right. Sunk the putt for birdie! I was +1 till 9th & proceeded to triple bogey it and ended up with a +4 on the front.

We play $1 greenies, birdies & frt, back & total. Took $11 from each guy.

Shot 40, 38 =78

Around 16 Larry asked why I was playing well,, I told him wait till we're done & spill the beans. After I made an 8 footer to save par. I looked @ him and exclaimed :

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY. [emoji1]

Brandywine, down in the valley.

Have you ever played Boulder Creek in Streetsboro? It has became one of my favorites in the area.

Not a fan of Brandywine. Last time I played there the tee boxes were really, really bad.

I'm not 100% sure if I've played there or not, but leaning towards not.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Not a fan of Brandywine. Last time I played there the tee boxes were really, really bad.

I'm not 100% sure if I've played there or not, but leaning towards not.

Tee boxes were pretty rough. I hadn't played there in a while, but my friend found an online deal for $10 including cart.

Why is it when I play with the boss I play like crap? I was out the other day and shot a 76, took the boss out again yesterday and shot an 88. Feels like I lose the control I have. Kind of pisses me off because I should get nothing higher than a 80 on a bad day at this course.

So 10 years ago this month I shot my best round ever. A 61 (-9) at my old home course in PA. Last night in league I got on a tear. We started on the back 9. Mid way thru that side I made 5 birdies in a row and ended up with a 31. On to the front side and I continue to play very well. I made 4 more birdies and no bogies for a 32. Total 31-32 for a 63 (-9). Tying the most under par I have been for a round. I was on fire. Needless to say the app for the SkyCaddie was not. Reviews coming out next week.

attachicon.gifIMG_5545.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5546.JPG

Holy smokes!  That might be the best score I've ever seen posted here.  Way to go!!

For us mere mortals ... what do you attribute the really low score to (other than a really hot putter) ?  I see that you hit a lot of fairways and greens.  Compared to your other rounds were you hitting more greens?  They say staying in the fairway is really key to getting a good score; do you agree?

If you were to give an average golfer some advice would you suggest they concentrate on getting the ball in the fairway?  Getting on the green in regulation?  Hit it long?  

Again - tremendous score!  Way to go.

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (5i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Wilson Infinite Grant Park
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Started off hole 1. My 2nd shot ended on back left of green & pin was on front right. Sunk the putt for birdie! I was +1 till 9th & proceeded to triple bogey it and ended up with a +4 on the front.

Shot 40, 38 =78

Around 16 Larry asked why I was playing well,, I told him wait till we're done & spill the beans. After I made an 8 footer to save par. I looked @ him and exclaimed :

Happy Birthday Bulldog! Keep up the good play!

Shot 40, 38 =78

Happy birthday bulldog! I'd have to golf with a ball that flashes and is equipped with a beacon to golf on my birthday (end of January)

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Met to let you all know how it went yesterday since I am back to playing on my old MP33 blades. (Those that don't know, my AP2 PW and 7 iron were broken and I am in the process of being fitted for a new set)

Let me start off by saying nothing feels better than a pure struck shot from a blade iron. Now let my aslo say that there is nothing worse in golf than a poor struck shot from a blade iron.

I shot an 83 yesterday missing all but 1 par 3. I hit two bad shots with my irons on the second hole and I felt my confidence just walk off the course. I shot a 45 on the front side.

At the turn my buddy, who I grew up playing golf with, starts trying to calm me down. Well the other group starts to brag about being up 4 bets (5 being max). My buddy hollars back we will double the bets. Our opponents are licking their lips running towards 10 tee. I looked at him like he was crazy and he just smiled and said "I've seen you shoot even par on those irons multiple times, it's not them, it's your head. Now let's go make some f****** money."

We won 7 holes and halved the other 2 on the back side. Which means we won 3 holes up. I shot a 38 on the backside. There were a few miss hits but I calmed down and made putts. We brother in lawed perfect on the back nine. It was like something you would see in a movie.

Of course I got made fun of for sandbagging but it was all in good fun. It was great pulling out the old blades for a round but I wont miss them when they go back in the garage bag.

Went out his morning for a few holes to see how the Matrix White Tie shaft would feel.   I hopped on #6 with three more guys who had already started.  I ended up two over on the 6 - 10 and then shot a 40 on the back nine.  Just a quick work about the shaft I am testing and I can best describe it as "SMOOTH"!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)