Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Congrats on the 42! I'm hoping to get out this weekend...

Thanks Matt. Yeah, me too. I'm thinking about trying to make it out Sunday if the weather is OK.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

My ride back to playing respectable golf continues. I only got 6 holes in today (marking the third consecutive time my dad and I have been rained out), but I made 3 pars and 3 easy bogeys and I hit a lot of good shots. The putter change has got me back in an aggressive mindset - I dropped a 25+ footer and hit everything else to 6 inches. Also chipped one in, which is good fun.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Hot, Hot day Sunday, heat index was 104, humidity was 95%. We teed off at 7:45, and the back 9 was so dern hot. I kept hydrated with Natural Light all day. My driver was all over the place, a lot of hook which I have never done before, but I played well around and on the greens to post a respectable (for me) 91 on rock hard dried out greens at Stumpy Lake.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering" - Yoda.

That is great..

So today I played 18 with the boss and a former colleague at a local 9 hole par 35. I put the Seemore into play along with the new irons, and new driver. I managed to shoot a respectable 75 with 2 birdies and ZERO 3 putts!!!! I hope things continue along the same path.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Great shootin' Nic!

I ran into a sandbagger today, he's a 20 Index, I'm a currently a 9. I was giving 6 strokes based on Course Handicap * 80%. I shot a 40 on the front, which is decent for me, and this guy throws up a 38 and I swear he missed two 3 footers on purpose. I was down three after 9, and conceeded the match to him to save his life and perhaps mine, I was afraid I was going to have a stroke I was so pissed off.

:D

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

I shot a 43 today with 3 fairways, 3 GIRs, and 16 putts. Putted very well - knocked down all my putts inside 10 feet and some of them were pretty nasty. Ball striking was pretty mediocre and the driver wasn't wild, but it wasn't quite on point either. I do give myself a bonus pat on the back for playing golf psychologist to the guy I was playing with - he was having a miserable time, but I'd like to think that I had a hand in his finishing with a par on a tough par 5.

• SPY VIP

That is great..

So today I played 18 with the boss and a former colleague at a local 9 hole par 35. I put the Seemore into play along with the new irons, and new driver. I managed to shoot a respectable 75 with 2 birdies and ZERO 3 putts!!!! I hope things continue along the same path.

No 3 putts?????

The following exchange comes to mind...

Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.

Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?

Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.

Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!

Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...

Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!

Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

No 3 putts?????

The following exchange comes to mind...

Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.

Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?

Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.

Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!

Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...

Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!

Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Imagine my surprise when the Giant Mr Sta-Puft met me on the 18th green......

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Shot a 6 over after work Friday on the backside of Bow Creek, a 41, lowest 9 holes yet. Used the driver once and played very conservative, and it helped with my score

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

The most frustrating round ever today. I hit 5 bad shots and all 5 lead to double bogeys. Other than those 5 holes, I had 12 pars and 1 birdie. Now the really bad/frustrating part (besides shooting 79) of todays round.........on all 11 pars, I had birdie putts inside of 20', on the 1 birdie I had a 25' eagle putt. 36 putts again toda; man I need to get that oversize putter grip put on.

Well, I thought the last round was the most frustrating round ever, but I proved that wrong today. I shot an 8 over 80 today. I couldn't even catch a break on good shots today. I hit 2 flagsticks today and instead of having a 2'-3' birdie putt, I had 25'- 30' putts. Two greens were tore all to hell, from some moron that rode his atv onto the course at night, and of course those were the shots that I stuck inside of 8', but had no chance putting through ruts and want not. To top it all off, it took me 4.5 hours to play 18 by myself, because nobody around here has any course etiquette.

Sewell's Point Course (Military, great shape!) 6,100 yards long, but very tough shot makers course. Shot a 94, missed a few putts, and blew up on a par 4 for an 8, so all and all, 94 wasn't too bad.

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

Sunday I played with the teacher's group and shot one of the few rounds I can remember that I would say I was very proud of. I started out with 6 bogeys and a double, just not hitting any good shots at all. I was pretty resigned to putting a "9" in front of my score, but I didn't get down, didn't really do anything, just kept playing and found a way to get a few good things out of the round. Ended up with 6 pars on the last 11 holes for an 86. Not my best score, but I was very happy to get that out of a day when I had very little going for me.

• SPY VIP

Going to Old Greenwood in Truckee, CA in a couple of hours. Nothing better than a free $185 round B)

Jack Nicholas designed course near Lake Tahoe. Wahoo!!!

I'll have to remember that when it is kicking my rear.

My instructor said to "bring lube" when I told him I was going up there.

Volvo Intorqueo

Ended up walking 18 holes in 97 degree heat today. Oops. Didn't intend to even play, just went to practice on the range, but decided to "play a few holes" then "hell, I'm hitting the ball well, I'll play out the 9" then went on to finish the round. I was toast by 13 and kicking myself for a fool. I made it though, but that's just way to freakin hot to walk! I played alone for the first time in ages, it was great!

• SPY VIP

Don't use vasoline ;)

Should have brought the 5 gal jar.

The course was beautiful, but painful.

I learned how someone can snap a driver shaft over a knee. Oh so close.

:)

Volvo Intorqueo

I somehow managed to shoot my age for 9 holes in league last week. Fwiw, that is not good. I can't remember hitting one solid shot all day. chalk it up to a weird week of sleeping in tents on the ground, and not enough beer. Better next week.

Our KC Cup team dominated yesterday, taking out our opponent 7-3 and putting us in 1st in our division! My 4 ball partner had his career best round (70) and I shot an ugly 81. Great thing was, we played against the guys that screwed us in the last match! On the first tee, the guy said "there are no hard feelings about that last match are there?" I replied "ya, a little bit". He looked a little taken aback, and said "oh, so, I guess you're supposed to kick our ass today then?" and I said "that's the plan!", we beat them 6-4 and they didn't even finish out the round! Victory is SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This weekend is Club Championship weekend, game is feeling ok, hoping for a good showing!

Our KC Cup team dominated yesterday, taking out our opponent 7-3 and putting us in 1st in our division! My 4 ball partner had his career best round (70) and I shot an ugly 81. Great thing was, we played against the guys that screwed us in the last match! On the first tee, the guy said "there are no hard feelings about that last match are there?" I replied "ya, a little bit". He looked a little taken aback, and said "oh, so, I guess you're supposed to kick our ass today then?" and I said "that's the plan!", we beat them 6-4 and they didn't even finish out the round! Victory is SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This weekend is Club Championship weekend, game is feeling ok, hoping for a good showing!

Congrats on your sweet revenge and good luck in your club championship.

I have a golf outing tomorrow and a free round at a private club on Monday, so my life could be worse. I'm just hoping for cooperative weather and reasonable iron play.

I finally found my swing and my putting stroke, yay. I was really scrambling on the front to shoot a 5 over 40; my swing was horrible, but I was putting well. I stopped and had a beer at the turn and all the old memories of what a good swing was supposed to be came back to me. I started BOMBING my drives (hit driver-9I into a 508yd par 5 and put a drive 60yds over the 280yd par 4 17th) and sticking my irons. I only ended up making 3 birdies, but I lipped out 3 others, for a 33 on the back and 73 overall.

I shot a personal best nine hole score of 39 on my Dad's Texas country club course on Father's Day. We were playing a skins game and I took money off everybody. That was a good day. :D

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I played at Harborside in Chicago today with a golf outing. The course was wet, the wind was stiff, and the greens were slick and tricky. Carded a 95 with a strong finish on the last 6 holes. While I'm not pleased with the score, I am pleased to consider that in spite of the wind and wet, if I had made more of the bendy, lip burning 6 footers, and taken a few less penalty strokes out of the fescue, I could have been well under 90.

I won my division in our Club Championship last weekend! Played the 49-Under Handicap Division. Played as an 8.0, which was the low handicap, and shot 80-79. Was 1 stroke back after the first day, but took the lead after 1 on the 2nd day, and held it, to win by 3.

It was the two best consecutive competitive rounds I've ever played. I've scored better before, but for the way the course was set up and the way I managed my rounds, it was the best. 80-79 with no lost balls, and nothing worse than a bogey (only 1 birdie).

I am absolutely THRILLED right now, although I may have partied a little too hard for a Sunday last night!

Played Shale Creek in Medina, Ohio. this weekend and just absolutley stunk it up on the front 9. I decided to play from the gold tees (7026 yards). I lost about seven balls and hit from one side to the other. I shot a 57 on the front. If it was not for my putting and short game it would have been worse. On the back nine I did make up a lot of strokes, I shot a 42. I ended up with a 99. It was a real sruggle for me. I had to do a lot of "scrambling" just to shoot 42.

Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key... - Carl Spackler