Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Nippon 1050 GH Parallel Iron Shafts

I had an iron fitting today, to fit my existing heads (2023 Aerojet) to the correct shafts for me. I thought the fitter did a really good job, and I was able to do my part with quality swings as well.

What we landed on were Nippon 1050GH parallel shafts at +1" and heads bent 2 degrees upright. But..  What I'm not willing to do is pay $100/shaft when they ARE available online from $23-27/shaft online. 

My question is - Does anyone know where I can find these shafts uncut? Everything I've found comes in a set at standard lengths, and I need them uncut or +1". 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Parallel tip Nippon 1050GH are a constant weight shaft even though they're parallel tip. They come in discrete sets to match the respective iron because they're not meant to be tip-trimmed - you trim the butt to length only. +1" shouldn't be an issue because you have plenty to play with.

This is the cheapest I've seen them:

https://www.hurricanegolf.com/nippon-n-s-pro-1050gh-4-pw-parallel-tip-shaft-set.html

On a side note - what does $100 per shaft include? If it's fitted including grips and labour - I'd be inclined to stop complaining. YMMV.

7 hours ago, ShortGameSavesLies said:

Yeah, I saw this, but nowhere in their specs does it give any specifics like if they've been cut to standard lengths or if they are uncut

doubtful they have been cut to standard length; new shafts are uncut.   You can call them an ask if you have doubts. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

6 hours ago, jaskanski said:

Parallel tip Nippon 1050GH are a constant weight shaft even though they're parallel tip. They come in discrete sets to match the respective iron because they're not meant to be tip-trimmed - you trim the butt to length only. +1" shouldn't be an issue because you have plenty to play with.

This is the cheapest I've seen them:

https://www.hurricanegolf.com/nippon-n-s-pro-1050gh-4-pw-parallel-tip-shaft-set.html

On a side note - what does $100 per shaft include? If it's fitted including grips and labour - I'd be inclined to stop complaining. YMMV.

Just includes gluing them to the head and cutting them to length (in the butt obviously). I have a set of grips waiting to go on them. I already paid for the fitting (which was well worth the $175, I dont have a trackman) but $680 for a set of shafts that are sub $200 otherwise.. It's just a bit steep, IMO.

surprised he fit you into those shafts. they're quite a few years old. I wonder if Nippon has a newer shaft that is comparable? Modus 105?

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024: