L.A.B. DF3 Putters - 2024 Forum Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow our testers main posts via the links below!

@jbern - Main Post 

@MattWillGolf - Main Post 

@CFreddie - Main Post 

@Cfhandyman - Main Post 

@GolfSpy MPR - Main Post 

@Steve F - Main Post

28 minutes ago, Old Sarge 7997 said:

Maybe "Bluser", a mash-up of Blue and Laser ? Or "Bluzer"?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

I'm a stringent always headcover on putter player as well. I have Spider Tour Platinum circa 2017 that looks nearly brand new, save for a couple small dings in the paint that are just unavoidable. It truly makes me cringe when I see used putters online beaten to crap, and then people trying to get top dollar for them lol. I get the "tools, not jewels" stance, but if I can help keep something look new, I'm gonna do it. Irons, however, I don't care. Funny how that works lol.

I keep the cover on my putter unless I’m actively using it (driver/3w is the same)…even sitting in my house the cover is on.  Like to keep them looking new.

I see so many used clubs in stores that are beat up with dents/dings/paint chips that it drives me crazy.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

9 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

I'm a stringent always headcover on putter player as well. I have Spider Tour Platinum circa 2017 that looks nearly brand new, save for a couple small dings in the paint that are just unavoidable. It truly makes me cringe when I see used putters online beaten to crap, and then people trying to get top dollar for them lol. I get the "tools, not jewels" stance, but if I can help keep something look new, I'm gonna do it. Irons, however, I don't care. Funny how that works lol.

Spiders are always the worst ones I see. I keep the cover on mine all the time and it still looks new. A buddy of mine has the same putter as me but keeps his headcover off after the first green and its beat to crap. It hurst my eyes and heart to look at it. 

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

18 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

I keep the cover on my putter unless I’m actively using it (driver/3w is the same)…even sitting in my house the cover is on.  Like to keep them looking new.

I see so many used clubs in stores that are beat up with dents/dings/paint chips that it drives me crazy.

5 minutes ago, BreakfastBall15 said:

Spiders are always the worst ones I see. I keep the cover on mine all the time and it still looks new. A buddy of mine has the same putter as me but keeps his headcover off after the first green and its beat to crap. It hurst my eyes and heart to look at it. 

ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!! I get not everyone cares, but I sure as heck do 😂

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

3 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

I’ll be cutting mine open immediately to see if it’s REALLY filled with goo, or perhaps hidden Korean technology. 

If it truly had hidden "North Korean Technology" you'd never need a putter has proven by the fine golf scores of the Dear Leader Kim Jung-il 😂

"Kim shot 38 under, including 11 holes-in-one, at the 7,700-yard championship course at Pyongyang in the VERY FIRST golf round of his life, according to North Korean state media. This was in 1994, when Kim was 52 years old. Even more impressive, Kim stood just 5-foot-3, yet he was able to overpower a course as long as any ever played in major championship history. Who knows how good Kim could have been if he had taken up the sport earlier? Who knows how many times he bested 38 under in the 17 years since his first round?"

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

The putter technology L.A.B. Golf has brought to the game of golf appears to have caught on with two important groups of golfers. Those who are paid to play and those of us who pay to play. Positive reviews, the success of Lucas Glover and the number of golfers at the Masters who have L.A.B. Golf putters in the bag is getting orders for them. I just received an email that my putter is in the build queue and lead time is 5-6 weeks. In the meantime I will keep putting stats on my Evnroll ER11v. 

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

1 hour ago, Cfhandyman said:

I also received the confirmation email of my order that its in the production queue. Yipee. Now its hurry up and wait

Me "patiently" waiting  tenor.gif.b1b473b788913d797a5a0e16e16c7b30.gif

welcome to the club!

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Axis1 TourHM
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I got mine out to the putting green yesterday and really enjoyed it. There is not a lot of change that was needed, which shocked me. It comes off the faces, crisply, so learning speed was a bit tricky. I'm really really really curious to see what the forum testers do with it. I was more shocked by the sound. I was getting a really solid aluminum "Clink" sound with the ball I was using especially over longer shots that wasn't perfectly hit in the middle. 

"In fact , we both tend to hold the Midwestern stoic view that genuine problems are solved with action, not pissing and moaning. If you run around sharing your feelings too much, you'll eventually arrive at a place where you're not only still screwed up, but now everyone knows about it, too." - John Gierach - Sex, Death and Fly Fishing

1 minute ago, Just_the_Chip said:

I was more shocked by the sound. I was getting a really solid aluminum "Clink" sound with the ball I was using especially over longer shots that wasn't perfectly hit in the middle. 

Hmmm. This is something that worries me. Obviously, if the performance advantage is indisputable, I can deal with it. But I don't love high pitches on putters. This is something my current Edel gets exactly right: not mushy, not pingy. I'll certainly be doing some sound tests when my DF3 arrives.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

18 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

I was hoping for order number 8675309.

Ok I will leave now. 😆

(Yes, I am showing my age.)

I use that all the time when i have to give a phone number for some annoying form that i dont care about!  😄. Like why does the pet food store need my phone #?  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

16 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Hmmm. This is something that worries me. Obviously, if the performance advantage is indisputable, I can deal with it. But I don't love high pitches on putters. This is something my current Edel gets exactly right: not mushy, not pingy. I'll certainly be doing some sound tests when my DF3 arrives.

I definitely don't mind the noise. I just want the performance. But I was sort of shocked by it. It wasn't crazy loud like an original Karsten Ping A1 putter, but it was there. I was using a chromesoft ball. Just for kicks, I quickly tried a Vice Pro Plus I had kicking around in the bag, and it wasn't there as much. 

Either way, the putter did perform really well between 3 -5 feet for me. Outside of 15 feet it took me a few times to get used to lagging. Inside of 3, the I really just had to tap the ball to get it move quickly. I ONLY noticed the sound on the longer lag putts. 

"In fact , we both tend to hold the Midwestern stoic view that genuine problems are solved with action, not pissing and moaning. If you run around sharing your feelings too much, you'll eventually arrive at a place where you're not only still screwed up, but now everyone knows about it, too." - John Gierach - Sex, Death and Fly Fishing

20 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I hear the df3 feels amazing and better than the df2. I have the df2 and it can get pings with certain balls but it’s not terrible outside. I play the new b x and I really don’t hear much. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

47 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I wouldn't worry too much about this - having hit both, I noticed a difference in sound between the two.  Plus, I would imagine with an upgraded shaft, that is diminished even more (I've only hit a 2.1 with the stock steel shaft).

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

yes it does have an aluminum ping to it but it is a good indication of where the strike came out of…i have noticed that the more off center the strike the more audible the ping…if struck dead center the sound is a nice little thwack so it is actually nice for feedback (have putted with proV1 left dash and prov1)

Driver: Titleist TSR4 8*...Fujikura Ventus TR Red 60S

3 Wood: Titleist TSR2+ 12*...Fujikura Ventus TR Red 70S

7 Wood: Callaway Apex UW 21*...Fujikura Ventus TR Black 80S

Di: Ping iCrossover 2i/18*...Fujikura Axiom LP 105S

4H: Titleist TSR3 23*...Axiom LP 105S

5i-Pw: Edel SMS...Axiom MP & SP 105S 

50* wedge: Edel SMS D-grind...Axiom SP 125X 

55* wedge: Edel SMS D-grind...Axiom SP 125X 

Ptr: Scotty Cameron Special Select DelMar...BGT Tour Black

GB: Titleist ProV1 Left Dash

4 hours ago, widget said:

yes it does have an aluminum ping to it but it is a good indication of where the strike came out of…i have noticed that the more off center the strike the more audible the ping…if struck dead center the sound is a nice little thwack so it is actually nice for feedback (have putted with proV1 left dash and prov1)

I actually got to use the putter today. Got out for 9 holes and it was awesome to use on the course. Even got a nice 15 footer off the fringe! For a 18.5 hanidcap, that's a big deal for me. I will say, it CAN come off the face pretty fast. but it really does just hit it straight. It's hard to describe, but I think I was compensating or adjusting the face of my old putter. I don't feel like I was pushing or pulling puts, but just legitimately hitting my line, and realizing that I really have zero idea how to read a green. Lagging puts was a hit or miss for me. Looking forward to the better golfers reviews. But I think I found the putter thats staying in my bag for a long long time. 

Warning: people will notice your putter, and immediately want to try to it, hold it, etc. LOL. 

And the best pictures and funnies of the week

image.png.8c4d254d906fd33c4945c86723b55fdc.png    image.png.8aee34e83ee60fdaf4038554a720c610.png

image.png.6e1a8889e330c223a209633743dd6b36.png  image.png.e3e7bb6a2de18716a75e7c2daf3dda9a.png

image.png.d9c36a0eb567944112e4025227387680.png

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, Vokey SM9 48*10F, 54* 12D, 58* 8M, DG S400

Putter: Evnroll tour, stability shaft, Evnroll gravity grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

I LOVE IT! @Cfhandyman

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Maybe I missed this, but why did you pick the shaft you selected?   Seems like most selected the TPT shaft; saw one BGT.  Did LAB provide any input on the pros/cons of each shaft?   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG