AutoFlex Dream7 Driver Shafts - 2024 Forum Member Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow our testers main threads in the links below!

@chisag - Main Post 

@KC Golf - Main Post 

@BallsLeon - Main Post 

@Kenny B -  Main Post 

@ZMendle10 - Main Post 

@Jean D - Main Post 

@nvizble1 - Main Post 

@Golfspy_CG2 - Main Post

Managed to get to Golf Cave this morning and was able to get some numbers on the Dream 7 after cutting it down to 45 5/8in. Everything that I was seeing on the range carried over into this morning's session (Full Report Here). I was also able compare the Dream 7 to UB7X and the numbers were pretty much identical between the two. They are essentially achieving the same result but the Dream 7 is able to do this with less efficient strike.

image.png.b5029bf8693ee8ffde41f1ed8dd4a305.png image.png.abdfb08baa4133cb27ef930cb727017d.png

Something else that has improved with the Dream 7 is consistency of strike. Previously my strike pattern with the Dream 7 was a bit all over the place but has improved to a very consistent strike pattern with the difference being night and day

Dream 7 Length of 46 1/8in                                         Dream 7 Length of 45 5/8in                                          UB 7X 45 1/4in

image.png.76628a8a740d3cd3a07045868f47796f.png      image.png.b8af145357c81b56ea49af248597d6d8.png      image.png.456e58225c9018a039e9d0d2b20a3ba4.png

Yes the strike pattern is more in the low heel but that is encouraging as it is most likely the reason for the lower smash factor and higher spin. For perspective a golf ball dimple is about 3mm wide so we are about a dimple low and two dimples in the heel. We are not that far off. This for sure puts it in the realm of the UB 7X which is now the new goal of the Dream 7. 

Another thing to note is thing to note is the dynamic lie consistency between the 2 lengths of the Dream 7. Regardless of length they are almost identical from 2 separate sessions which tells me that the tip section of this shaft is very stable and is doing it's job very well. 

Driver:   TSR3 8°, set to B1, Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 6TX 

3 Wood: SIM 3 Wood 15°, Aldila Rouge Silver 7X

3 Hybrid:  CLK 18°, Ventus Blue 9X

2 Utility:  ZX Utility, LA Golf Tour AXS Blue, (15th club)

4i-AW:  ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400

56°:  TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

60°  TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  Mezz1 Max

Ball:  Tour BX

Forum Reviews: 

Currently Testing

Official Member Review Sub 70 TAIII Wedges

Official Member Review Zelos 7 Shaft Review

Unofficial Vokey SM8 and Wedge & Wedge Works Review 

Unofficial Srixon 2021 ZX7 Iron Review

Unofficial TSR3 Review

15 hours ago, Jean D said:

In an earlier post, I shared the average gains that I made with the shaft after 500 drives ( I think…).  It will reward you with increased ball and club speed, longer carry and total distance but I have found it also increases spin and if you mess up the swing, it will punish you for it

This is very much what I have been finding as well. you wont get punished crazy on left to right dispersion but that spin number can for sure jump around a bit on you if you are not on your a game. It is very much a knife edge but the rewards and upside are there.

Forum Reviews: 

Currently Testing

Unofficial TSR3 Review

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2024 at 7:26 PM, chisag said:

... 28C+?!? How is an American (how arrogant is it we call ourselves Americans 🤪) supposed to understand what that means? 

C is simple.

0 = cold

100 = Dead

follow me for other hot tips

Edited by skraeling

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

VENTUS Velocore+ review

Stack Referral code

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

14 hours ago, bens197 said:

I’ll ask this to all testers here…

What type / caliber of golfer do you believe this is marketed towards?  It’s unique in so many ways and while many of us shop based upon our own personal bias, is this a shaft you could convince yourself to fall in love with if you knew it may take some time to adjust it to your swing?

As far as type of golfer, with the price... maybe doctors, lawyers, investment bankers, etc? 😂

Kidding aside, finding one of these shafts to demo might be tricky so it is a bit of a gamble. From my perspective as a ~20hdcp I feel like it's translating into more power in my swing instantaneously. In this point in my golf career I don't think I've established "my swing", as that's something I'm still searching for so maybe that makes adjusting simpler for me.

Driver : :callaway-small:GBB Epic, 10.5° loft, autoFlex Dream7, SF405x flex (44.75")
3-Wood: :callaway-small:Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
3-Hybrid: :srixon-small: Z H85, 19° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Black 85g, 5.5 flex
Irons: :titleist-small: T350 5i & T200 6i-GW, 23°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
Wedges: :Sub70: JB Forged Raw 54° & 58° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Reg flex (+0.5/0.25", 0.5° upright)
Putter: :ping-small: DS72 C, 35”, PP60 grip

On 5/21/2024 at 7:16 PM, GolfSpy_BEN said:

Rapsodo will soon be offering ProV1 and ProV1X with the dot pattern. So something to look forward to 😁

One of the big things for me on the sim, is that it has allowed me to test-drive a lot of different golf balls.  The result, the 2024 TM TP5x is the better ball for me.  I have some AVX, ProV1 and ProV1x , TP5, Bridgestone XS...and while all are nice, I am finding that I am not getting the same consistent and repeatable results.

Driver: TaylorMade Qi10 Max (Mitsubishi C6 Blue 60S 2022) 

Fairway Woods: NEW Cobra LTDx King 3 & 5 FW (Project-X Hzrdus iM10 Smoke Green 60g 5.5R)

Irons: TaylorMade Qi 6-PW (Ventus TR Blue 6R)

Wedges: Cleveland RTx 4 52/56/60 Wedges (True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Tour )

Putter: Cleveland Frontline 10.0 Mallet

Grips: GolfPride CP2 Wrap Jumbo

New Gamer Ball: 2024 Bridgestone Tour B RX 

42 minutes ago, BallsLeon said:

From my perspective as a ~20hdcp I feel like it's translating into more power in my swing instantaneously. 

This speaks volumes.

• PING G400 LST Mitsubishi Tensei White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

16 hours ago, chisag said:

... I can suggest one simple change that can increase that longest drive with the Autoflex by 30 yards or more!!!  Come to Phoenix and hit yours on the hard, fast fairways with 100* temps and with a 245 yd carry, if you can hit a downslope you will be hitting 300yd drives. 😎

Yes. The desert has its benefits!  I guess it’s getting hot down there these days too.  

I think the negative reinforcement from potential snakes and cactus in the waste areas focuses me to always try to hit the fairway with my driver.  🤣

I will be getting out in the rain and cold up here today. Should be a tough day so we will see how the AF does today in challenging conditions. 

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x - Official Tester 2024

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  4 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged (Japan) 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Champions Choice Newport 2+ Button Back - 35”  /  Pistolini Plus

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current Club Sensor User

1 hour ago, KC Golf said:

Yes. The desert has its benefits!  I guess it’s getting hot down there these days too.  

I think the negative reinforcement from potential snakes and cactus in the waste areas focuses me to always try to hit the fairway with my driver.  🤣

... An interesting perspective shared by many, including my ex that had no interest in moving somewhere that had golf courses filled with snakes and scorpions, unlike the beautiful natural courses with such a huge variety of wildlife in the midwest.  🤔  (But the heat is real)

Chicago suburbs:

And occasional fox or deer
Robins, cranes and hawks
Turtles
Squirrels

Phoenix which is basically a big suburb:

Lynx
Coyotes
Rabbits
Squirrels
Prairie dogs
Roadrunners, hawks, dove, quail, cowbirds, black birds, hummingbirds
Anhingas, cranes, cormorants
Turtles
Lizards

I have only seen 3 snakes in 5 years, none poisonous and I have still never seen a scorpion 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

Didn't manage to get to the sim last night, but hit the sim over lunch to hit some balls and a quick 9.

Warmed up with my 48° some, and then pulled out the driver. Not my best swing day today, but I am happy with 8 of the 15 drives (pictured below, Full Report Here). Few big slices, and a handful of just inefficient high-heel strikes (though it's closer than it was). Attack angle was pretty bad today, and something I'll need to focus on in my next session. One good 3-wood for reference/comparison.

image.png.441d1f6a561d23dcfd1d8a34ee25921e.png
image.png.914d9056a6f7e7cd9e763dcd709b66e5.png

Driver : :callaway-small:GBB Epic, 10.5° loft, autoFlex Dream7, SF405x flex (44.75")
3-Wood: :callaway-small:Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
Irons: :titleist-small: T350 5i & T200 6i-GW, 23°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
Wedges: :Sub70: JB Forged Raw 54° & 58° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Reg flex (+0.5/0.25", 0.5° upright)

41 minutes ago, BallsLeon said:

Not my best swing day today, but I am happy with 8 of the 15 drives (pictured below, Full Report Here). Few big slices, and a handful of just inefficient high-heel strikes (though it's closer than it was). Attack angle was pretty bad today, and something I'll need to focus on in my next session.

... Good stuff!  I apologize for using you as an example on an unrelated subject, but you had 2 drives under 200yds (195.9 and 197.1) and 2 drives over 235yds (236.2 and 239.2) If the rollback ball loses 3 yds on average for a player with your swing speed, it is insignificant compared to the difference of 43.3 yds between your longest and shortest. Using your second longest and shortest, it is a 39.1 yd difference.

... I think this is typical of most high and mid index Ams as their swing and where they strike the ball on the face will have a much bigger impact than a rolled back ball that flies 3 yds shorter. Obviously the lower the index the closer the shortest and longest will be, but even for a low index player a 20yd difference would be pretty normal. 

7 minutes ago, chisag said:

... After todays round my playing pards summed up the performance of my Autoflex Dream 7 much better than I could. "The Autoflex has been declared ILLEGAL until the USGA tests it and says it doesn't go farther than a 71 yr old should be able to hit it."  🤣

Sounds like your playing partners need to step up and buy and Autoflex. 😆

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

11 hours ago, BallsLeon said:

As far as type of golfer, with the price... maybe doctors, lawyers, investment bankers, etc? 😂

Kidding aside, finding one of these shafts to demo might be tricky so it is a bit of a gamble. From my perspective as a ~20hdcp I feel like it's translating into more power in my swing instantaneously. In this point in my golf career I don't think I've established "my swing", as that's something I'm still searching for so maybe that makes adjusting simpler for me.

Give Golf MD call in Lenexa…he might have some demos…or he knows a guy that sells them.. lol

Miura Irons

PING Driver

Posted (edited)

Had a good home simulator session last night...until I couldn't download the data from the MLM2 Pro 😞. I have a ticket in with Rapsodo support as it's not the first time I can't sync data from my tablet.  GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.   

I am playing at 45.75"/116.2cm and I decided to choke down about .5"/1.27cm to see if that would change my data points. I was getting much tighter dispersion but losing out on both distance and speed.

My best results last night were on the MCA C6 Blue 60S shaft, but the SF405x was hanging in there in 2nd.  Last night, I achieved the 900 drive mark during my testing.  The AF shaft is giving me more average club head (2.2mph) and ball (3.1mph)speed, but my dispersion is horrible: 74yds lateral (compared to 27 yards on the C6 and 41 yards on the Tensei).

On the days I am hitting it well, the SF405x is a beast...but on most days, I am finding it is hurting my game as my average fairways in regulation drops to 25% or less when compared to my 2 other shafts (72% on the C6 and 61% on the Tensei).

More distance is great, but not if I am having sustained issues controlling it.

More simulator time after work today.  Details to follow.

JD

Edited by Jean D

Fairway Woods: NEW Cobra LTDx King 3 & 5 FW (Project-X Hzrdus iM10 Smoke Green 60g 5.5R)

On 5/23/2024 at 9:19 AM, BallsLeon said:

This is very well said. If you are already set in your swing adapting to the feel of the shaft is very much like going through a swing change. It takes time but the flashes of progress will keep you motivated. 

Forum Reviews: 

Currently Testing

Unofficial TSR3 Review

So I only got in one 9 hole round this week with the Dream 7 in the PING G430 Max 10K.  And One range session with the MLM2 Pro with it as well.    I will post some screen shots from it below.   I am having difficulty with the app on my Full Swing Kit now, which I feel is a bit more accurate than the MLM2, of course it's reading about 10 to 15 yards more total, and 5 to 6 more mph ball speed than the MLM2 so naturally it's more accurate 🙂    But I can only get the display numbers, the app keeps disconnecting so I can't access the total session.  Got to call support.   But I digress.

During the 9 hole round with the AF Dream, I hit all 7 fairways.  But I was consistently landing in areas about 15 to 20 yards short of where I was landing with the original autoflex and the AiSmoke Triple Diamond.  So the question is, is it more the shaft or the clubhead or combo of both. 

My playing partner that day who I play with at least once a week, said he thinks the AISmoke (he isn't really into shafts) was  definitely longer than the G430 10k.   Now that tracks with what I have heard from other 10k users, that it's not the fastest head out there but is very accurate. 

Now I will say my drives with the 10K Max Dream 7 while not as long as the OG Autoflex in the Ai Smoke, they are still longer than my previous gamer the TSR1 with an graphite design shaft. 

I will try and get a range session in today or even on course testing with one of the LM when the course opens up this afternoon after an outing. 

And I will be taking both setups to the MGS outing at Kingsmill not only for my results, but I will let several fellow Spies who are interested in hitting it give it a shot. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

3 hours ago, ZMendle10 said:

This is very well said. If you are already set in your swing adapting to the feel of the shaft is very much like going through a swing change. It takes time but the flashes of progress will keep you motivated. 

... We all react differently to change of course. For me this has been a real adventure because picking it up and waggling it before hitting it the first time my subconscious thought "This is sooooooo different so we need to swing it differently". Heck my conscious mind thought the same thing. 🤪  But after about 5 rounds I found I need to take my normal swing and swing it like my Ventus Red and just trust the seemingly extreme soft flex would be taken care of by the Korean Hidden Technology and tighten up though impact. Which is exactly what it does. I think the AF is all about trusting your swing and letting it do it's thing. 

6 hours ago, Jean D said:

More distance is great, but not if I am having sustained issues controlling it.

... Amen Jean and true for almost every aspect of playing golf. But the real shocker for me is the AF is more accurate than any driver shaft I have played. It also reduces the severity of my misses, something I most certainly was not expecting. To be fair, I do think I am the perfect profile for the AF with a smooth swing, transition, a repeatable swing and at 71 looking for a little more distance. 

@chisag my experience has been very different than yours: BUT I don't have a very smooth transition or 30+ years of experience... nor have I gone through CPGA training to become an instructor... I think they'd laugh themselves silly if I even tried to go through that process 😉 I am hitting the range tomorrow am and then playing Sunday afternoon with the new-to-me Qi10 LS head, will be posting results after.  Hopefully my sync issues with the MLM2 Pro will be resolved and I can send more screen shots of my results.  GC3 is starting to look awfully good after losing 4 range and sim sessions 😞

23 minutes ago, Jean D said:

@chisag my experience has been very different than yours: BUT I don't have a very smooth transition or 30+ years of experience... nor have I gone through CPGA training to become an instructor... I think they'd laugh themselves silly if I even tried to go through that process 😉 I am hitting the range tomorrow am and then playing Sunday afternoon with the new-to-me Qi10 LS head, will be posting results after.  Hopefully my sync issues with the MLM2 Pro will be resolved and I can send more screen shots of my results.  GC3 is starting to look awfully good after losing 4 range and sim sessions 😞

... Exactly why MGS tries to use multiple testers of different index's when possible. No equipment is right for everyone, shafts more so than other equipment and Autoflex probably an extreme example. We are here to describe our experiences both good, bad or indifferent and I imagine every post helps someone. Like the Cobra challenge when I think everyone loved the Snakebite Wedges but I had the opposite experience and didn't like anything about them. 

... I am sending you all the good vibes possible as you try and dial in your Dream 7, especially considering the amount of effort you have put in. But in the end, it just might not be a good fit for you. 

I'm new to adding content, but I've used the original AF 505XX, then moved onto the Brava BGT X because I got a bit more dispersion control.  Since I like to try shafts, I got AF Dream 7 505X, and I've replaced my Brava BGT.  I think the Dream 7 swings more like the Brava that OG AF 505XX.  My swing speed is about 112-114 most days, so I'm surprised it's dispersion is as good as advertised. 

@schucat I gotta know, what color did you go with??

On 5/22/2024 at 10:07 AM, chisag said:

.... As a lifelong shaft Ho, I have pretty good feel for a shafts attributes. I can feel the entire shaft bending with my Kai'Li that is mid flex, mid kick, mid torque and mid spin. I can also feel the very tight Ventus Red with an ultra stiff butt and a stiff tip with a low kick. Both very different but I can feel the kid through impact. When I worked with the VP of fitting during my Callaway demo, he kept me for an hour because I was like a machine as far as swing speed with a consistent 95 over and over again. He asked me to ramp it up a little and my swing speed drops as I went at it harder and not faster. He wanted to experiment with different shafts that on paper didn't fit me but he says gofers surpass him so we went through a ton of shafts I normally wouldn't hit. He would only let me swing a shaft that didn't fit me twice and said I start changing my swing just a little to get my desired trajectory. The point being I have a good feel for shafts and what they are doing when I swing them. 

... I just have no feel for the Dream 7. I can't really tell where it is flexing and that took some real getting used to. I can't adjust to what I don't feel. But once I gave in and just trusted the Korean Hidden Technology (I know that sounds like The Hammer POW! 🤪) and just swung the AF freely, it started to come around. I am hoping to have a description of the feel by the time I write my final review, but I just may not be able to put it into words. 

I thought I posted this but may be I didn’t…

That’s a nice summary of your driver shaft experience with the Dream 7.  I agree that to say the AF is a just a whippy tip doesn’t give it the credit it deserves.  I find my experience with it on the course has been great so far.  The ball speed gains I am getting have been great, but it’s also going straighter as well.

i am not sure why, but my misses are definitely going straighter in the Sim and on the course.  Is it the KHT?   May be we need to send Tony Covey to Korea to find out for us! 😂

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Champions Choice Newport 2+ Button Back - 35”  /  Pistolini Plus

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

@chisag Sam, I am fully with you on your Dream 7 analysis.  Hit some bombs in the Sim and it was an effortless 295-298 yards (255 - 265 yard carry) adjusted to my altitude.  Played Royal Birkdale from the tips on the GC Quad.  Pre the test, I am a GD Tour AD Di guy, so my smooth swings pairs well with the AF shaft profile.  It flies straighter on misses and still flies farther too.  The CC guys were telling me to try a lighter shaft (even before this test) to increase my swing speed and I can see the speed gains.  They wanted me in an Accra or the LA Golf DJ shaft.  All around 50 grams vs my 6S Graphite Design.  The LA Golf was pricey too.  May be a slight discount to the AF, but had a hard time thinking about whether I should pull the trigger on it.  That being said both CC options were not flying as far or straight as the Dream 7 from what I recall.  But my swing has changed a bit since then since it was a year plus ago when I did the shaft test at CC.

On a side note, I did get the 6 gram weight for the TSR3. Stock is 8 grams.  Haven’t hit it yet outdoors or in a Sim. So I will do a side by side test. The Driver setup for the AF Dream 7 from my CC fitting vs the Titleist fitter set up of my GD Tour AD DI 6S.  Weight and hosel settings would be different on both set ups.  We will See the results including all data good and bad shots and see what the data generates.  Will the data support what I am seeing on the course.  Should be fun. I don’t know what it will show.

On 4/22/2024 at 4:20 AM, nvizble1 said:

Placeholder  7

AutoFlex Dream 7 Review

Hi everybody, my name is Mike and I am a lifelong hacker and golf enthusiast, and this is my first review, so please bear with me.  I greatly appreciate the opportunity to try out the AutoFlex SF 305x Dr, test it and give my opinions. Thanks very much to MGS and JD Golf for this chance.

While I don't play as much as I used to, golf is still a big part of my life and my workout/activity routine. Living in South FL, I get a lot of chances to spend time outdoors. Last year I upgraded my driver to a Callaway Paradym and also got a new Odyssey Ai One putter. This was all predicated on the excuse of teaching the game to my grandson--that always plays well with the Wife!

My Paradym has a HZRDUS shaft currently, but I struggle with distance off the tee and consistency.  I have never been "fitted" for a shaft, so I am hoping for some noticeable results. In fact, I don't even know the swing weight of my current set up 

I have to admit I was wowwed when I received the AF 305x shaft.....just look at this beauty!

I'll be going to the PGA Store today to get it loaded and ready for play next week.

I just started a new job, so if nothing else, I 'll be able to get a few indoor sessions in with it over the coming week or so.

More to come.....let's see if a technology upgrade can help the likes of me!

Just now, nvizble1 said:

AutoFlex Dream 7 Review

Hi everybody, my name is Mike and I am a lifelong hacker and golf enthusiast, and this is my first review, so please bear with me.  I greatly appreciate the opportunity to try out the AutoFlex SF 305x Dr, test it and give my opinions. Thanks very much to MGS and JD Golf for this chance.

While I don't play as much as I used to, golf is still a big part of my life and my workout/activity routine. Living in South FL, I get a lot of chances to spend time outdoors. Last year I upgraded my driver to a Callaway Paradym and also got a new Odyssey Ai One putter. This was all predicated on the excuse of teaching the game to my grandson--that always plays well with the Wife!

My Paradym has a HZRDUS shaft currently, but I struggle with distance off the tee and consistency.  I have never been "fitted" for a shaft, so I am hoping for some noticeable results. In fact, I don't even know the swing weight of my current set up 

I have to admit I was wowwed when I received the AF 305x shaft.....just look at this beauty!

I'll be going to the PGA Store today to get it loaded and ready for play next week.

I just started a new job, so if nothing else, I 'll be able to get a few indoor sessions in with it over the coming week or so.

More to come.....let's see if a technology upgrade can help the likes of me!

First Impressions

Got my local shop to do the setup and installation on the spot for me. That was very helpful and gave me more time to arrange some swings before hitting the practice range.

My old driver setup weighed in at D2; probably a little bit heavier than I needed. When we put the driver with the newly installed AutoFlex on the scale, it came in at C9 and had some flexion from the weight of the Paradym head.

Another beautiful South FL day today, so I took it to the range during lunch.  While warming up, it is easy to see and feel the extreme wiggliness and flexibility in this shaft.  I hit some wedges and short irons to get ready, and then hit about 25 drives.  I had to consciously slow down my swing but the performance was noticeable. There is no monitor or tech at this range, nor do I own any, but I could feel the clean impact and the drives all went to spots further than I have hit them before, even with the decreased swing effort. Several slices, but that is just user error and will take me some time to work out.

So far, I'd have to say I am impressed!

Maybe I should try playing left handed!

On 5/23/2024 at 11:38 AM, BallsLeon said:

Didn't manage to get to the sim last night, but hit the sim over lunch to hit some balls and a quick 9.

Warmed up with my 48° some, and then pulled out the driver. Not my best swing day today, but I am happy with 8 of the 15 drives (pictured below, Full Report Here). Few big slices, and a handful of just inefficient high-heel strikes (though it's closer than it was). Attack angle was pretty bad today, and something I'll need to focus on in my next session. One good 3-wood for reference/comparison.

image.png.441d1f6a561d23dcfd1d8a34ee25921e.png
image.png.914d9056a6f7e7cd9e763dcd709b66e5.png

Keep on going because if you can get into the mid 2000's spin rate, (#9), and smash factor with a little more consistency like on drives 7-9, you've got a winner.

So i did make it out on course yesterday. I took the following 

Callaway Ai Smoke TD with OG 405 Autoflex

PING 10K Max with Dream 7 405 Autoflex

Full Swing Kit LM

MLM2 Pro LM

GHIN GPS Mobile App

Like a fool I forgot to bring my IPad to connect to one of the LM units.  I had to use my I  phone on the MLM2  as it has no screen display. 

But the FSK has the screen display, i normally would have had it connected to my IPad  

Im not on my laptop so I cant get to the Rapsodo cloud to download the data   And one drawback of the FSK if you don't have it connected to a device, you only have the current shot data   

So I’ll give a summary of the results and post some screen shots from the MLM   They will have limited data  i will post some GHIN screen shots that will show the total distance of the drives   

The drives were on two different holes and there was no wind but sunny 74 degree temps

summary:

The Dream 7 PING carried 17 yards further on average   Also flew with a higher apex of 25 to 30 feet   88 vs 58 to 65

Ball speeds with the Dream7 PING were all around 123 a few peaked to 127 and 128.   
Most with the OG Triple Diamond were in the 116-118 range. One reached 120.  

So how much is the shaft and how much the head?  By all accounts the 10k head is not as fast as some of the other mew driver releases.  

So hear you are 

Best shot with OG AF

IMG_0901.png

Total Distance of above shot 

IMG_0903.png

1st shot with Dream 7  

IMG_0902.png

Dream 7 Total distance via GPS

IMG_0904.png

Some other Dream 7 shots.  Mostly hit it. Didnt hit more than 3 or 4 OG AF

IMG_0905.png

IMG_0906.png

IMG_0907.png

Finally a screen shot on Hole 8 of the FSK numbers and then the GPS total distance.  This shot did catch a bit of a down hill slope in the fairway.  And oddly enough due to the shape of the hole. Its one of the few times i actually hit a draw without really trying. 

IMG_0888.jpeg

IMG_0908.png

It was definitely one of my better days with the driver than Ive had in a long time. 
Now the big question will be if it translates to actual under the fire conditions next week during league. 

And more importantly during the MGS outing in Kingsmill.  

No drives or data today… but I did finally get the MLM2 Pro talking to GSPro, so I shouldn’t be losing data on the home sim anymore!!!  Playing 9 tomorrow at Stittsville Golf Course here in Ottawa- won’t have the LM setup, but will be using a GPS app to track data.  

@KC Golf sounds like you have a winner with those drives!

@Golfspy_CG2 dang, you were on a tear! 17 yards on average is HUGE! WOW.  I’ve got to get my head in the game and start pulling some big numbers or I’ll be kicked out of the AF testing club 😉

Jean

9 minutes ago, Jean D said:

No drives or data today… but I did finally get the MLM2 Pro talking to GSPro, so I shouldn’t be losing data on the home sim anymore!!!  Playing 9 tomorrow at Stittsville Golf Course here in Ottawa- won’t have the LM setup, but will be using a GPS app to track data.  

@KC Golf sounds like you have a winner with those drives!

@Golfspy_CG2 dang, you were on a tear! 17 yards on average is HUGE! WOW.  I’ve got to get my head in the game and start pulling some big numbers or I’ll be kicked out of the AF testing club 😉

Jean

Jean.  You’re not fooling me. I’ve been reading your posts ans seeing some of your numbers. 

I am very pleased with yesterdays results and the gains i saw.