Titleist Launches GT Wood Line

Now on Tour: New Titleist GT Drivers

IMG_0957.jpeg

CARLSBAD, CA. (June 3, 2024) – For five seasons and counting, Titleist drivers have been the top choice among the world’s best players competing on the PGA TOUR. 

Today at the Memorial Tournament, the next generation of TOUR’s most played driver – Titleist GT – will be unveiled by the Titleist Metalwoods R&D team.

The introduction of the new Titleist GT2, GT3 and GT4 drivers this week at Muirfield Village signals the start to the tour seeding and validation process that will continue over the coming weeks and months across the worldwide professional tours. The new Titleist GT fairway metals will also be making their debut this week in Ohio.

Collaborating with the game’s best players throughout the R&D process, and then earning their final validation, is foundational to the development of all high-performance Titleist golf equipment. 

“The whole [Titleist Golf Club R&D] team from top to bottom is just obsessed with making things as good as they can and they have such a deep understanding of us on the PGA TOUR and golfers in general,” said Titleist Brand Ambassador Cameron Young. “They've seen everything, and there’s no little thing that you can bring to them that isn’t fixable or something they can’t experiment with. They all have such a deep knowledge of the equipment, there's always a solution to what you’re looking for.” 

Titleist Tour Representatives will be working with players over the next three days at the Memorial, dialing them into the new GT models and gathering their performance feedback.

Thursday’s opening round will mark the first opportunity for players to game the new GT metalwoods in competition. 

TITLEIST DRIVERS ON THE GAME’S BIGGEST STAGES  

Titleist is the most played driver on the PGA TOUR, as it has been since the 2018-19 season and the beginning of the Titleist Speed Project. Last week at the Canadian Open, 59 players gamed a Titleist driver, 25 more than the nearest competitor.

Among the world’s best currently playing a Titleist driver: Ludvig Åberg, Wyndham Clark, Brian Harman, Max Homa, Tom Kim, Jordan Spieth, Justin Thomas, Cameron Young, Will Zalatoris, in addition to the 2021 FedEx Cup champion, 2022 U.S. Open champion and the 2024 WM Phoenix Open champion.

Titleist drivers are also the top choice at the game’s biggest amateur championships. At last week’s NCAA Division I Men’s Championship, more than half the field (51 percent) played a Titleist driver, including the individual champion. Titleist was also the most played driver a week earlier at the NCAA Division I Women’s Championship (33 percent). In April at the Augusta National Women’s Amateur, Titleist drivers were also the top choice of competitors, including the champion. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Ooooowheeee those look C L E A N.

Very keen to see some more specs on these, but the design looks fantastic 

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

Good looking lineup. The question I have is will they offer a 10k competitor?

• PING G400 LST Mitsubishi Tensei White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I got an email stating this same thing…was excited to see their offering and now seeing the clubs I’m even more excited!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Love the looks, Titleist always seems to nail that. 

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:maxfli: Tour S

No doubt these look great, I am kind of surprised to see that they still are not offering a movable weight in the "2" series.  I know titleist likes to do their own thing and not follow trends but the logic still does escape me that they can justify the benefits in the 3 series but don't think it has enough worth to put it into any of the other clubs.  

4 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

IMG_0957.jpeg

CARLSBAD, CA. (June 3, 2024) – For five seasons and counting, Titleist drivers have been the top choice among the world’s best players competing on the PGA TOUR. 

Today at the Memorial Tournament, the next generation of TOUR’s most played driver – Titleist GT – will be unveiled by the Titleist Metalwoods R&D team.

The introduction of the new Titleist GT2, GT3 and GT4 drivers this week at Muirfield Village signals the start to the tour seeding and validation process that will continue over the coming weeks and months across the worldwide professional tours. The new Titleist GT fairway metals will also be making their debut this week in Ohio.

Collaborating with the game’s best players throughout the R&D process, and then earning their final validation, is foundational to the development of all high-performance Titleist golf equipment. 

“The whole [Titleist Golf Club R&D] team from top to bottom is just obsessed with making things as good as they can and they have such a deep understanding of us on the PGA TOUR and golfers in general,” said Titleist Brand Ambassador Cameron Young. “They've seen everything, and there’s no little thing that you can bring to them that isn’t fixable or something they can’t experiment with. They all have such a deep knowledge of the equipment, there's always a solution to what you’re looking for.” 

Titleist Tour Representatives will be working with players over the next three days at the Memorial, dialing them into the new GT models and gathering their performance feedback.

Thursday’s opening round will mark the first opportunity for players to game the new GT metalwoods in competition. 

Titleist is the most played driver on the PGA TOUR, as it has been since the 2018-19 season and the beginning of the Titleist Speed Project. Last week at the Canadian Open, 59 players gamed a Titleist driver, 25 more than the nearest competitor.

Among the world’s best currently playing a Titleist driver: Ludvig Åberg, Wyndham Clark, Brian Harman, Max Homa, Tom Kim, Jordan Spieth, Justin Thomas, Cameron Young, Will Zalatoris, in addition to the 2021 FedEx Cup champion, 2022 U.S. Open champion and the 2024 WM Phoenix Open champion.

Titleist drivers are also the top choice at the game’s biggest amateur championships. At last week’s NCAA Division I Men’s Championship, more than half the field (51 percent) played a Titleist driver, including the individual champion. Titleist was also the most played driver a week earlier at the NCAA Division I Women’s Championship (33 percent). In April at the Augusta National Women’s Amateur, Titleist drivers were also the top choice of competitors, including the champion. 

Thanks for posting this Rob! 

I am excited to see this lineup in person. They should be good (as are most) but given how good many of the others were received it is almost hard to see how they could improve?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I am a little more interested in the fairways if I am being completely honest. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I wonder if they will have anything to compete with the other manufacturers' 10K offerings.  I didn't try Titleist at my recent fittings as I figured they were at the end of their run with the TSR's

26 minutes ago, JY56 said:

I wonder if they will have anything to compete with the other manufacturers' 10K offerings.

I was wondering the same thing, my guess is they won't or at least definitely not at launch.  They never seemed to chase MOI before which is why I think they aren't going to now but I would have said the same thing about Taylormade in the past and they decided to jump on the band wagon.  I'm guessing they weren't expecting TM to do that and probably will skip the high MOI offering for this generation but maybe will have something for the next product cycle or as a mid cycle release like Ping did with their 10k offering.

Seems like Titleist makes it a point to ensure there is somewhat noticeable improvement between each iteration. I think they nailed it with the TSR line so I’ll be curious if they can continue that trend and the GT line will be an improvement over the TSR. That in and of itself will be a big accomplishment. 

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S (currently Testing AI Smoke🔹🔹🔹)

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test

2024 Skytrak+ Official Forum Test

From what I have been told there will be no 10k model as of yet. Release in store will be last week in august. 

:ping-small:G430 Max 10k 9°

:cleveland-small:3+ Hy-wood 17°

:cleveland-small:4+ Hy-wood 20°

:ping-small:4 Hybrid 22°

:srixon-small:Zx5 mkII 5i-P

:cleveland-small:CBX 48°, CBX FF 53° & 58°

:cleveland-small:Frontline Elevado 

:srixon-small:Z-Star

Looking forward to seeing more information and specs released in a few weeks as tour validation progresses. 

Particularly interested in the GT4 model and how it compares with the TSR4. Only reason the TSR4 is not in the bag now is due to waiting for this release.

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Oh, time to bust out the "matte finish" prayers!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: :L.A.B.: DF3 x Accra

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

18 hours ago, ChitownM2 said:

I was wondering the same thing, my guess is they won't or at least definitely not at launch.  They never seemed to chase MOI before which is why I think they aren't going to now but I would have said the same thing about Taylormade in the past and they decided to jump on the band wagon.  I'm guessing they weren't expecting TM to do that and probably will skip the high MOI offering for this generation but maybe will have something for the next product cycle or as a mid cycle release like Ping did with their 10k offering.

Based on nothing but a pure guess on my part.  It wouldn’t shock me if the GT1 is close to that upon it’s release in January.   Assuming they follow previous release cycles.

I know the 1 series always touts lighter for slower/moderate speeds.  But it seems like that could be the place for them to try to obtain both if it’s possible. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Titleist always kills in the looks department. But! It is really hard to differentiate what is new here or if it is really the same drivers from last year. Hope there is some kind of under the hood tech upgrade. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

So are we talking cars here or what?  What does the GT stand for? 

Grand Theft ... Golf?  🤣

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

6 minutes ago, golfinnut said:

Grand Theft ... Golf?  🤣

I think it's short for Glorious Thwack!

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Aside from the looks, one thing I love about this driver is the simplicity in the name. GT2. It's just... better. 

Now, I'm not saying Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Triple Diamond MAX doesn't have a good ring to it, but.... 😅

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

On 6/4/2024 at 2:48 PM, golfinnut said:

Grand Theft ... Golf?  🤣

Going simple with this…GT = Go Titleist!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

On 6/3/2024 at 6:18 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

IMG_0957.jpeg

Yes, but do they have a Howitzer?

2 minutes ago, RetiredBoomer said:

Yes, but do they have a Howitzer?

I have one 🤣

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Got a hold of one today. Won't be disappointed. It's new yet familiar. 2 different drop dates for the family. It's definitely a GT because it's all about speed.

:ping-small:G430 Max 10k 9°

:cleveland-small:3+ Hy-wood 17°

:cleveland-small:4+ Hy-wood 20°

:ping-small:4 Hybrid 22°

:srixon-small:Zx5 mkII 5i-P

:cleveland-small:CBX 48°, CBX FF 53° & 58°

:cleveland-small:Frontline Elevado 

:srixon-small:Z-Star

4 hours ago, RoyN said:

Got a hold of one today. Won't be disappointed. It's new yet familiar. 2 different drop dates for the family. It's definitely a GT because it's all about speed.

Matte or shiny finish on the crown?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: :L.A.B.: DF3 x Accra

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

• 2 weeks later...

Is it me or do they look like the Kirkland driver? 

IMG_3591.jpeg

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

They looks pretty much like the TSR's as there never has been a big improvement over release cycles from the looks stand point. Only small enough changes to push the hype as all drivers for 2024 are bad a$$.

Driver:titleist-small: GT2 9*  w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 5 

3W :titleist-small: GT 2 13.5* W/ Graphite Design Tour AD-VF 5 

5W :taylormade-small: Qi10 w/ :Fuji: NX Speeder TCS 5

4H: :taylormade-small: Qi10 w/:Fuji: NX Speeder TCS 5

5 thru PW : 😍 :ping-small: i530 5-PW w/ :Fuji: AXIOM 75 shafts

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  RTX 6 Full face 48*, 54* w/ i95 SteelFiber shafts

Puter: 😍 :L.A.B.: GREEN DF3 w/Black 34" w/ BGT Stability ONE w/Press II 3 grip

(Back-up):EVNROLL:  E2 34" w/ BGT Stability Fire shaft midsize Black Pure Grip

Bag: :titleist-small: FOLDS of HONOR

To those familiar with Titleist's new product rollouts from the past, when would be the best time to buy discounted versions of the TSR drivers and fairway woods? They are already discounted, but will there be even more discounts (without products being out of stock) when the GT line finally drops?

I would be looking at the TSR2 driver and TSR2/+ fairway woods.

Thanks in advance for your advice/guidance. Take care

DR:  image.png.0f2de9e80ec97647e7e71165ce5bc99d.png  TSR2 9° Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65 Tour X

3W:  image.png.0f2de9e80ec97647e7e71165ce5bc99d.png  TSR2+ 14.5° (adj. to 13.75°) Fairway w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65 Tour X

5W:  image.png.0f2de9e80ec97647e7e71165ce5bc99d.png  TSR2 18° Fairway w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65 Tour X

4i-PW:  NLNewLogo-1920w.png.95722d598b878b5aa55e6b582dfe7034.png  902-OS Forged Irons w/ TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

50°/08F, 54°/08M & 60°/04T:  image.png.0f2de9e80ec97647e7e71165ce5bc99d.png  Wedge Works Vokey Design SM10 Wedges

P:  image.png.6b0c0910f5c4dad993eeb3a67e0487b0.png  Studio Select Newport 2.6

Ball:  image.png.0f2de9e80ec97647e7e71165ce5bc99d.png  Titleist Left Dash Pro V1X

Bag:  sunmountain.png.fbfcaedc370ac8cb47e34532ce3b2643.png C-130S Stand Bag

Other: image.png.40b3f95c9dbdadb6967fc9727d0db6d4.png Arccos Smart Sensors

I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's game. It's called an eraser.  -Arnold Palmer