Testers Wanted: ExPutt! ×

Youth Club Questions for 10yo and 11yo brand new to golf

RCA81

My son will turn 10 in 2 weeks. He is 56 inches barefoot. My daughter is 11 (turns 12 in November) and is 60.5 inches barefoot. I have both of them signed up at our local Junior PGA League starting in July and this will be be their first exposure to golf. My question is in regard to clubs. I thought I would get them the Callaway Edge set womens flex from Costco, but the more I have read on this forum, it sounds like they really need to have clubs that are smaller in size. I have looked at the US Kids Ultralight series and doing the DIY clubs from Diamond Tour. Since they are both new, would it make much of a difference between the two? Also, since they are both close in height could I have both of them use the 57-60 clubs or the 60-63 clubs without any issue? At what height can they use something like the Callaway Edge? For starting out at this age, what number of clubs would you recommend? I live in a smaller Idaho town and the teenagers at the golf course were not much help when I tried talking to them this week. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

Tagging @All Kids Golf Clubs to help with this!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Hi, so this is something we see a lot, almost daily. If it's a child golfing, we will always say use a junior set, like the Callaway XT Teen Set (https://allkidsgolfclubs.com/collections/callaway-junior-golf-clubs/products/callaway-xt-10-piece-teen-golf-set-white) because it is made specifically for kids who are still growing and do not have the strength and power behind their swings like adults do. In this case, your son would be too small for the Callaway XT Set, but it would fit your daughter. It is normal to choke up a little on clubs, but it may be too much in this case since your son is 56 inches tall. There is never one size fits all, and in this case it's about the technology behind the junior clubs that allow kids to have success (clubs are forgiving, proper shafts, junior flex, the list goes on). Junior clubs are made for juniors, and generally speaking, adult clubs are made for adults because of their mature development physically.