Titleist GT Long Game - 2024 Forum Review

8 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Ah Damn!! I wish i had known you were set up with Kevin!  I would gladly offered to pop over and get some pics or video for you for the review.   I know Kevin well.  I have him fit me for anything that isn’t Titleist.   Just absolutely the best in the business.  

I literally told someone the other day that I referred to him, how he can tell ij 3 swings if a club or shaft is right for you. 

No worries - to be clear, this was NOT the official Titleist fitting, more just me trying to iron the top end of my bag out before the test 🙂. I do have the Trackman videos which I can post as I go through the review for some A/B comparison shots.

He really is the best. Always fun to see what putter he has in the bag this time!

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  -  Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping G430 Max 9W - Ping i230 6-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

6 hours ago, Rearviewmirror said:

No worries - to be clear, this was NOT the official Titleist fitting, more just me trying to iron the top end of my bag out before the test 🙂. I do have the Trackman videos which I can post as I go through the review for some A/B comparison shots.

He really is the best. Always fun to see what putter he has in the bag this time!

Yeah i realized that when i looked again and didn’t see any GT numbers.  

But the offer stands if you do go there or one of the other close by fittings lef me know snd I’d be happy to come by. 

The Team Titleist fitters will be back at my course on September 16.  But i’m sure you’ll be scheduled before then. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

But the offer stands if you do go there or one of the other close by fittings lef me know snd I’d be happy to come by. 

The Team Titleist fitters will be back at my course on September 16.  But i’m sure you’ll be scheduled before then. 

@Golfspy_CG2 feel free to fly in to Madison for my fitting at TPC Wisconsin next week, I'll gladly take an extra set of hands for photos 😜🤣

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

@Golfspy_CG2 feel free to fly in to Madison for my fitting at TPC Wisconsin next week, I'll gladly take an extra set of hands for photos 😜🤣

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

#LeftyGang

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Don’t tempt me.  I love WI and Whistling Straits and Sand Valley just up the road.  Oh how i wish I could!!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

5 hours ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Posted without comment:

I have always been a big fan of Shiels. Love his swing 

#LeftyGang

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

I have always been a big fan of Shiels. Love his swing 

I mainly posted it because I feel like Rick fits more like a regular person than some of the other influencers - i.e. he's quite in his own head and then also has built up a lot of compensations in his swing based on a perceived fear of a certain shot shape.

I feel like my best fittings have always been the ones where I just switch off and find rhythm. 

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  -  Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping G430 Max 9W - Ping i230 6-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

18 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Some photos from this mornings range session prior to my round. Wish I could have tee'd off right then to avoid the stupid bright sun... yes I am going to harp on this more. It simply just sucks because the second whole is next to impossible... oh well. Next round should be a bit later in the day for the round so I hope it means it is also a little easier to see!

Yeah dew sweeping and twilight rounds tend to have that problem with the sun. 

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:maxfli: Tour S

22 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Some photos from this mornings range session prior to my round. Wish I could have tee'd off right then to avoid the stupid bright sun... yes I am going to harp on this more. It simply just sucks because the second whole is next to impossible... oh well. Next round should be a bit later in the day for the round so I hope it means it is also a little easier to see!

PXL_20240823_044926222.jpg

PXL_20240823_045201325.jpg

PXL_20240823_045211366.jpg

PXL_20240823_045216802.jpg

PXL_20240823_045223957.jpg

PXL_20240823_045230283.jpg

I can’t remember, what shaft did you fit into for the GT, and any thoughts of putting the Autoflex in it?

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

25 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

I can’t remember, what shaft did you fit into for the GT, and any thoughts of putting the Autoflex in it?

Graphite Design AD CQ

No - at least not until my competitive season is over.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

15 hours ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Posted without comment:

I saw this last night too. I agree that he fits like a more normal person than other YT folks, less about the camera and more about the fitting. He was so in his head though with the whole don't go left issue. Nothing felt good to him, which I'm sure makes it tough on the fitter. I think even Guy was frustrated over Rick's complaints and stuff. 😄

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

PXL_20240823_044926222.jpg

PXL_20240823_045201325.jpg

PXL_20240823_045211366.jpg

PXL_20240823_045216802.jpg

PXL_20240823_045223957.jpg

PXL_20240823_045230283.jpg

Any issues in the sun with the shiny GT club head? Coming from a matte finish this has been on my mind. 

15 hours ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Posted without comment:

Interesting what he ended up on. Once the clubs are closer to arrival I'll need to detail the full fitting experience in order to explain the reason behind the choices made for me because many of them are not exactly what one would expect considering the driver I'm coming from. It's impressive how in depth the fitting with Titleist was for me and how different the GT is going to be. 

Driver: Titleist GT3 w/ GD Tour AD VF 6S (Testing in progress)
3 & 5 Woods: Titleist GT3 w/ GD Tour AD VF 7S (Testing in progress)
Hybrids: 19 and 22 degree PXG 0317XF Gen 4 w/ Project X Evenflow Riptide 80g
Irons: 5-PW PXG 0311P Gen 4 w/ KBS Tour 120
Wedges: Indi 50 FLX, 54 FLX, 58 ATK w/ KBS Wedge 610 (Official Review)
Putter: PXG Battle Ready Blackjack, 36.5”, Double Bend neck

Titleist GT Long Game Testing

7 hours ago, RichL85 said:

Interesting what he ended up on. Once the clubs are closer to arrival I'll need to detail the full fitting experience in order to explain the reason behind the choices made for me because many of them are not exactly what one would expect considering the driver I'm coming from. It's impressive how in depth the fitting with Titleist was for me and how different the GT is going to be. 

Agreed - one of my main takeaways was that it seems tricky for some folks to figure out if the GT 2 or the 3 is the best option.

On 8/23/2024 at 8:36 AM, Rearviewmirror said:

Posted without comment:

He pulled it down. I switched off half way through and the comments on the video were pretty dismal. Most indicated he was like a petulant child in the video. It looked like he was annoyed with Titleist the moment it started. The fitter was professional but Rick’s swing wasn’t great, cutty fairway finders. Going to a fitting when you’re working on your swing is the worst thing to do. Taking it out on the fitter isn’t ideal.

GT2 10° Project X HZRDUS 6.0 Black 5G 60  
GT2 16.5° Project X HZRDUS 6.0 Black 5G 70
TSR2 18° HZRDUS Black 6.0 4G 
2 Iron T200 Utility HZRDUS Black 6.0
4 Iron T200 Utility HZRDUS Black 6.0
T150 5- PW (44) Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff
Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Grip Master Tour Wrap Grips
Garmin Z30

1 minute ago, MissionMan said:

He pulled it down. I switched off half way through and the comments on the video were pretty dismal. Most indicated he was like a petulant child in the video. It looked like he was annoyed with Titleist the moment it started. The fitter was professional but Rick’s swing wasn’t great, cutty fairway finders. Going to a fitting when you’re working on your swing is the worst thing to do. Taking it out on the fitter isn’t ideal.

Wow... Fascinating...

For folks who didn't see it - Rick spent most of the first 1/3 of the video saying he didn't like the feel off the face and couldn't find the center of the face, when the fitter put a chalk mark on the ball, he was basically middling it, then complained that if that was what finding the center of the face felt like, he didn't like it. As MissionMan said the fitter was amazingly professional, and tried lots of things to get the best out of Rick.

I didn't see any of the comments before it got binned, but guessing folks weren't impressed that Rick was complaining in through an experience many would kill for. 

11 minutes ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Wow... Fascinating...

For folks who didn't see it - Rick spent most of the first 1/3 of the video saying he didn't like the feel off the face and couldn't find the center of the face, when the fitter put a chalk mark on the ball, he was basically middling it, then complained that if that was what finding the center of the face felt like, he didn't like it. As MissionMan said the fitter was amazingly professional, and tried lots of things to get the best out of Rick.

I didn't see any of the comments before it got binned, but guessing folks weren't impressed that Rick was complaining in through an experience many would kill for. 

I looked at the comments to see if I was the only one who thought he came across badly, and every single comment was negative about him, and positive about the fitters professionalism and patience. A couple of fitters said if it was them, they would have told him to come back when he had a better attitude. The interesting part is he kept teeing it low to do cutty fairway finders, because he was scared to tee it up and hook. When the fitter teed it up higher for him, he hit his best shots. 

It’s incredibly difficult for a fitter when you don’t being your natural game.

GT2 10° Project X HZRDUS 6.0 Black 5G 60  
GT2 16.5° Project X HZRDUS 6.0 Black 5G 70
TSR2 18° HZRDUS Black 6.0 4G 
2 Iron T200 Utility HZRDUS Black 6.0
4 Iron T200 Utility HZRDUS Black 6.0
T150 5- PW (44) Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff
Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Grip Master Tour Wrap Grips
Garmin Z30

7 minutes ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Wow... Fascinating...

To be honest, I have a hard time watching him. Rick and a few of the other YouTube guys come off in a way that I just don't care for. Maybe I'm just not spoiled enough to really "get" the petulant child attitude that a few of them seem to have. As a human, I can understand the frustration of not having your best on a given day, especially when you are filming it, but to mope around like my daughter when she was 5 and didn't get her way is embarrassing. Even so, there is something to be said for the reality that bad days happen, and sometimes it's perfectly fine to acknowledge that.

A fitting especially is a two way interaction, and you can't go in with an attitude and expect to get the best out of it. What I did watch of the video seemed that the Titleist fitter was doing a good job working with what he was given. I could say the same thing for my experience. Didn't have the best swing that day, but we worked to a setup that will maximize my good days and most importantly, provide me something I can play on those days when the swing is off. Knowing the steps we went through to get my clubs fit, I don't have any reason to believe that there is a better setup for me as a whole. Sure, one of the heads would give me more distance when I hit it on the screws, but to have a setup that is playable across all days, this was the way to go.

Driver: Titleist GT3 w/ GD Tour AD VF 6S (Testing in progress)
3 & 5 Woods: Titleist GT3 w/ GD Tour AD VF 7S (Testing in progress)
Hybrids: 19 and 22 degree PXG 0317XF Gen 4 w/ Project X Evenflow Riptide 80g
Irons: 5-PW PXG 0311P Gen 4 w/ KBS Tour 120
Wedges: Indi 50 FLX, 54 FLX, 58 ATK w/ KBS Wedge 610 (Official Review)
Putter: PXG Battle Ready Blackjack, 36.5”, Double Bend neck

Titleist GT Long Game Testing

I definitely find myself gravitating towards the YouTubers who either accept that mental game is hard and they need to continue to work on it (Peter Finch's round with Padraig Harrington was amazing from this perspective), or the ones who know golf inherently has variability and that true zen comes through embracing that (Not A Scratch Golfer, Iona Stephen, Mark Crossfield, Golf Sidekick, BustaJack). I honestly mainly watch golf videos to see how better players make course management decisions and try to mentally think through how I would play the hole.

16 hours ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Agreed - one of my main takeaways was that it seems tricky for some folks to figure out if the GT 2 or the 3 is the best option.

I had 3 total fittings for the GT series.  After the 1st 2, both with fitters employed by Titleist, I was put into what I felt were AT BEST a compromise club in a GT3 with heavier weighting and a 75X or TX (1 even suggested I try the 85 TX) Tensei Black shaft.  The 3rd fitting was initially booked for my son to use, but he spent 10 minutes hitting the 10° GT3 and a stock Tensei Black 75TX on the range with the 2nd fitter and was hitting it 330, so he didn't need to look further.  Thus, I went in thinking I'd just check the box, get annoyed as usual with an overpriced Titleist club, and go buy the Callaway AiSmoke Triple Diamond (8° / non-Velocore / stock Ventus Blue 6S) for under $550 from my club after the discount we get from buying after a fitting.

Well, PGA Superstore had a guy who immediately saw that the Tensei was a bad option for me, handed me the Graphite Design Tour AD-VF 6-S, and off I went.  I insisted on trying the 8° head with the heavier weight in the back, and with the VF 6-S shaft, I was striping everything, and the only misses were an occasional bullet cut that still went 265 and would have almost always have stayed in the fairway.

Now, if they could just hurry up and deliver that thing, I'd be really happy...seeing the parts available for purchase on the shelf at PGASS yesterday was not easy to resist...

Congrats to all the testers! I was fit into the TSR3 earlier this year, so I’m interested in what the differences may be between the generations. Happy testing!

Driver: image.jpeg.50045e4f4c366273349372f158104416.jpeg Tsr3 w/ Nemesys 65s 

3 Wood: image.jpeg.f180e222d5b0911be4b9dc1a6c0ca4c0.jpeg AI Smoke w/ Mitsubishi Kai'li White 70s

3 Hybrid: image.jpeg.05841159331a2695253e166e09eaf8d5.jpeg G430 w/ Mitsubishi Kai'li White 80s, 4 Hybrid: image.jpeg.75a1989ce5c23ede2295bd982ff691bf.jpeg G425 w/ Ping Alta 70s

Irons: 5-PW: image.jpeg.693b815922fca8be44b16345a9ced455.jpeg G425 w/ AWT 2.0 Stiff

Wedges: image.jpeg.aee30d2d8a1fdb7084e58f55f12ab81e.jpeg 54* and 58* Glide 4.0 w/ AWT 2.0 Stiff

Putter: image.jpeg.253ebcabb7a49367b7eddf486d2ed2eb.jpegOslo H

Ball: image.jpeg.ed1a0bba6e8687420999ee04b910a7ea.jpeg TP5x

I thought this was a nice look at how Titleist fitters dial in the fit for maximum strike consistency and "softening" the miss.

22 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Driving so can’t elaborate but picked up 24 yards and 8mph ball speed over my best shot with current gamer. 

Full update to come later. 

We're pretty excited to hear what you have to say and find out what you got fit into. 

We also want to hear about the Vokey fitting. 

40 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Driving so can’t elaborate but picked up 24 yards and 8mph ball speed over my best shot with current gamer. 

Looking forward to seeing the results, those are impressive gains.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

26 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

We're pretty excited to hear what you have to say and find out what you got fit into. 

We also want to hear about the Vokey fitting. 

Vokey was very limited as I couldn’t hit off their grass tee area. Just got seeded in May and even members hadn’t used it yet. So went into tall stuff to see divots. But long story short they are ordered 🤣

#LeftyGang

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Those are HUGE gains!  And that's over the Cobra?

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter