Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Official RB7 Review... Frogger Brush Pro

RookieBlue7

This will be one of my shorter reviews I've done on here.

I had a $50 Golfsmith giftcard to spend I'd bought through Groupon. I bought 1 instead of 2 like most people were doing, as the stipulations said it was one for individual use and one for a gift(even though 3 other people in the store in front of me had bought 2 and spent both at one time on one club, I didn't feel it was right to do that, so I purchased 1).

Anyway, I got online after not really finding anything in store. I decided to purchase a Frogger Brush Pro and with the remaining money some miscellaneous club building stuff I was getting low on.

Well, my next day shipment I ordered last Monday came in today (yeah, real rush on their part, but that's beside the point).

I get the Frogger out to check it out. Looks nice, and I like the removable heads, as this means I can keep the brush and just replace the bristles. Score one for the design there. Came with 2 sets of bristles and a case for the one not in use, as well as a flip out groove cleaning pick. That's cool too, I'll probably never use that feature as I use a wet towel and brush my club immediately after the shot, but hey, it's available.

On to the part that chaps my butt (and I will be putting pics of these things up).

First, it comes with a nice and cheap retractable reel (more in a minute). I then notice that said reel has no clip on it. So I get to attach it to my bag by my own means (not a big deal, but it's kind of janky, IMO, to put this reel on there and then force me to buy a carabiner or some type of clip to attach it to my bag. Makes the reel kind of useless for out of the package functionality.)

Then, here comes the good part. I go to try this thing out, and I pull the brush away from the reel, and extend the cord to see how long it is. Good length, 2.5-3 feet. I let go... nothing happens. This POS doesn't wind up at all. And when I say at all, I mean it didn't budge, not 1/32 of an inch. It stays extended and now I have a 2.5-3 foot cord attached to the brush and the retractable reel. SERIOUSLY? So I now have to find a clip for a retractable reel that DOESN'T WORK!!!

Needless to say, I've put this thing back into it's packaging and it'll be going right back to Golfsmith the next time I make the 45 minute drive to the town the closest one is in (and I'm thinking I may make a special trip tomorrow just to return this thing).

I'm not a happy camper, not even a little bit. It's a functional design as far as the brush is concerned. I actually like the size of the brush handle as well and it had a ton of potential to be really functional. Except for the fact that half of the apparatus I purchased and extended exactly 1 time WON'T REEL UP. Disappointed isn't the word. Frogger won't be getting my business any more until they decide that it's be a good idea to spend more than $0.05 on the retractable reel that makes this thing actually functional.

Looks like I'll be sticking with the $3 retractable black plastic one and the Charter Golf in pocket retractable brush.

30662264-55A6-46DF-906B-942633CEFC28-1979-000002E6332162F7.jpg

8AF244C2-0318-4802-B050-021DA030D08D-1979-000002E638CA6AAA.jpg

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Maybe your jumping the gun a bit. I know how frustrating it can be when buying something, waiting, over waiting and then have it be broke, wrong size what ever. It could have just been a factory reject? I've had a retractable key ring that I attached to one of those brushes that you get if you buy from GPPgolf they throw in for free and mine works great. It has to be the same type of mechanism. I would say maybe it was either over extended or just defective. Either way Golfsmiths will take care of it and maybe if you write Frogger Company and tell them the situation they might throw you a bone!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

I expect this thing to be functional out of the packaging. Do they not do QC checks? If so, they'd have caught this. Pay for overnight shipping, get it a week later, and it doesn't function out of the box. Yeah, I've got a dozen of the reels lying around, even have an all metal one with a metal wire that I "could" replace it with. But I didn't pay for a brand new item to have to fix their mistake. The mechanism isn't sealed either, you can tell it snaps together, and I'm sure it's a coil spring that's wound around a peg in some manner, but I'm not fixing their brush for them. I didn't buy something to have to work on, if I wanted that, I'd have bought a 50's model Ford truck.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

That sucks Rookie, never good when something breaks right out of the packaging.

I've had a different experience though. I actually have two of these brushes and both work fantastic. Both of mine do have a small plastic hook that can attach to the golf bag and both of mine retract well. I've had one for two seasons and the other for a couple months. Both still going strong.

The only reason I bought a 2nd one was because I got a new bag so wanted a blue one to match.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I have one that works well. And it does have a clip, and your picture shows it clearly. You push the one side of the plastic hook in, and it disengages and opens up.

Tried that, there's no break in the plastic and it doesn't open up to clip on anything. Evidently, they forgot to perforate it all the way through or it's hung on something (if it's a one piece that goes to the side and lifts out). Either way I try to move it, it doesn't budge. (Which may be why it won't rewind, but I'm not deconstructing it because if it has a coil spring and that comes unwound, they're a PITA to rewind. I've had to do it on a lawnmower before and this would be much smaller and PITA-ish).

In The Bag

Hey Rook,

My wife purchases this for me as a stocking stuffer a while back with the towel. at first I was like okay cool like the towel concept not to keen on having a brush dangling from my bag but I went with it as my wife is ignorant to the carzy minds of a golfer. anyway, at first try, I soaked the towle to see how the seal worked and it worked great but the functionality on the course was far to insignificant that i did away with it. it was a bit heavy on walking days too.

as for the brush I returned three and the same thing happne. one the damn clip is too tough to hing and unhing fromthe bag but the true sticker for me was the reel broke over and over again and this is from someone who doesn't use the brush that often.

BAD PRODUCT

I've always heard Froggers are hit or miss and their CS doesn't serve customers very well. Personally the cheap ones are fine for me.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

Archived