Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Unofficial PGA thread

revkev

PGA was a great tournament. After a saw Walker hole that bunker shot I kind of knew it was going to be his day.

It's funny how often in the final round the winner plays a really key shot that defines his chances of winning. For me it was that bunker shot by Walker.

Mizuno MP-25 irons, R/H, N.S. Pro 950GH regular shafts

Cobra King LTD 8.5 degrees driver, R/H stiff Aldila Rogue shaft

Titleist 3-wood 915F, 15 degrees, Diamana stiff flex shaft

Queensland, Australia

Handicap 5

www.HittingItSolid.com

The Perfect Golf Swing

favicon-96x96.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought about that mid round today. If I could carry a 3W 280 off the tee I would never driver.

How about irons that are so accurate that you can afford to cede a little yardage to the field and still beat it up?

Close to 1/3 of the guys on tour could average 280 with 3 wood. Very few of them can hit irons as close to the hole as Stenson.

I saw Kenny's putt for dough jab. :) The best putter for the week didn't win. The best golfer did.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Thought about that mid round today. If I could carry a 3W 280 off the tee I would never driver.

Trust me, oh yes you would :) it's way more fun to hit driver 320 than 3w 280.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I saw Kenny's putt for dough jab. :) The best putter for the week didn't win. The best golfer did.

Agreed!  But better putting, not great putting, from others may have resulted in a different outcome... so no dough.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Agreed! But better putting, not great putting, from others may have resulted in a different outcome... so no dough.

Lots of people are shocked to learn that this has always been true of Phil. Statistically his short game around the green has always been great and he's much better tee to green than folks realize.

He has never been a great putter. He wins she his putting moves from mid pack to upper third.

Lets face it to win on your you have to do lots of things well. The easiest way is to hit it well but you better hole some putts along the way too.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Lots of people are shocked to learn that this has always been true of Phil. Statistically his short game around the green has always been great and he's much better tee to green than folks realize.

He has never been a great putter. He wins she his putting moves from mid pack to upper third.

Lets face it to win on your you have to do lots of things well. The easiest way is to hit it well but you better hole some putts along the way too.

This year is by far the best I remember Phil's putting. I doubt he's been inside the top 20-30 in putting before and this year he's like 5th. Old dog's learning new tricks to stick around. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

This year is by far the best I remember Phil's putting. I doubt he's been inside the top 20-30 in putting before and this year he's like 5th. Old dog's learning new tricks to stick around. 

Phil goes up and down.  Most of the last 10 years he was around 40-60, but there were a few years that he was 120-140.  He was top 10 in 2012-2013.  About the same now as he was in 2013.  Seems like he has finally settled on a putter and putting stroke; he will be good... until he isn't again.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Archived