#16 Funkyfedora

Funkyfedora

SR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Handicap:Me

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:30 PM

I use Golf Logix for my iPhone. It has a free option that gives to the center. You have to pay for the extra yardages...
PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)
TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)
COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff
PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped
PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°
Byron SS Custom 006
Titelist Pro V 1
Ping hoofer Vantage
"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

#17 JWR

JWR

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:03 PM

Best app out there, IMHO. I would prefer a drawn course overview over the satellite pictures, but that's just personal preference. At $29.99 with no annual fee it's just not beatable. I tried Golf Logix originally and liked the app, but no way was I going to pay their annual fee ($19.99). I had missed the ability to log each of my shots so I could have accurate distance information for each club, but Golfshot added that with the last update, so I'm happy as can be now.

Of course if they ever decide to go to an annual fee that may change my mind, but until then, it's the best golf app out there as far as I'm concerned.

#18 DougR

DougR

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members

• 1 posts
  • Handicap:13

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

I have used it for almost a year. I really like it. The battery on my iphone lasts 18 holes no problem, but I think it would not last 36.....

Have played quite a few different courses with it, so far it seems to have them all.

Accuracy is what you would expect. GPS is good, not quite as accurate as laser rangefinder
if the target is visible.

I also have Golfplan and Golfplan syncs with Golfshot. Golfplan had a problem when iOS was updated, but tech support has fixed it now.

I dont use the Golfscape feature, I tried it once and it was buggy.

#19 dru_

dru_

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members

• 589 posts
  • LocationMilton, GA
  • Handicap:16

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:12 PM

I have now used quite a few apps, and at this point, I would say that despite it's issues, GolfShot GPS is the best of the iPhone products out there. That said however, it really shines on the iPad.

I used GolfShot first on the phone and while it was functional and usable, I found that I spend too much time 'fiddling' with it to also keep stats. It boils down to too much information to manage on such a small screen. The iPad, kept in the cart or on the pull cart presents a better user interface, better battery life and a generally better tool.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 15.0 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ Taylormade SLDR - Kuro Cage 

* 3W 15* Taylormade RocketBallz Tour ( Stock Stiff ) 

* 19* Adams IDEA Pro Black SuperHybrid (Aldilla Voodoo Stiff)

* 4I-AW @ Tour Preferred CB ( KBS Tour Stiff )

* 56 @ Cleveland CG-15 2dot
* 60 @ TaylorMade SpeedBlade

* Odyssey Sabre Putter
* Taylormade Project  (a)  or MG Golf C4 balls 

#20 Knappbuilders

Knappbuilders

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY
  • Handicap:17

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

I have used golfshot for 2 years. Love it. Also have golf plan and golfscape. Golfscape is neat but I hardly use it.

Golfshot is also good for tracking your club distances.
What's my Handicap? Just look in my Golf Bag. Every club in there is my handicap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Our Sponsors