What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

2 hours ago, ElmoGolfs said:

I was coming here for a drill to help me with shaft lean at impact  and you provided without me even needing to ask! Thank you!

Chasing shaft lean is a recipe for more problems. Shaft lean occurs from what happens long before the club gets to impact or even p6 (shaft parallel to ground on the downswing)

The cause of why shaft lean isn’t happening needs to be addressed. The majority of the time it’s going to be because the club is out of position early in the swing and compensations are needed to get the club back to the ball.

Over top in transition from either a top inside takeaway, improper wrist set. 

Steep in transition from top far inside takeaway/flat turn, also from improve wrist set.

Both situations from improper hip movement.

Steep leads to early extension and flipping. Arms lagging behind.

Identify the cause and fix that not fix the symptom. You don’t fix a cough you fix what causes the cough 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Chasing shaft lean is a recipe for more problems. Shaft lean occurs from what happens long before the club gets to impact or even p6 (shaft parallel to ground on the downswing)

The cause of why shaft lean isn’t happening needs to be addressed. The majority of the time it’s going to be because the club is out of position early in the swing and compensations are needed to get the club back to the ball.

Over top in transition from either a top inside takeaway, improper wrist set. 

Steep in transition from top far inside takeaway/flat turn, also from improve wrist set.

Both situations from improper hip movement.

Steep leads to early extension and flipping. Arms lagging behind.

Identify the cause and fix that not fix the symptom. You don’t fix a cough you fix what causes the cough 

Well I think my issue is releasing the club too early causing me to flip at impact. Seems like this would be a good drill to help with early release which would help my shaft angle, but the truth is I need to go see a pro!

Started playing June '23. Currently a 19 hcp

2024 WITB

Dr - Kirkland Signature 10.5* 

5w 18* - Callaway Mavrik 

4h 20*- Callaway Mavrik

9w - Callaway Big Bertha

5i-PW - Maltby TS-1

50*/54*/58* - Maltby Max Milled Wedges

P -  (L.A.B. DF3 Coming Soon!)

2 hours ago, ElmoGolfs said:

I was coming here for a drill to help me with shaft lean at impact  and you provided without me even needing to ask! Thank you!

Early releasing is a compensation you jab to make not a swing fault. Your club is out of position because of what I explained earlier. If you didn’t early release you will would either hit the ball worse than you do now or not hit the ball at all.

If you did this drill it wouldn’t fix what’s causing you to early release. Seeing a pro is your best option vs trying to fix symptoms or compensations

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

3 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Early releasing is a compensation you jab to make not a swing fault. Your club is out of position because of what I explained earlier. If you didn’t early release you will would either hit the ball worse than you do now or not hit the ball at all.

If you did this drill it wouldn’t fix what’s causing you to early release. Seeing a pro is your best option vs trying to fix symptoms or compensations

Well this is a lot of info for not having seen me swing! I was hitting just fine and fell down a rabbit hole of chasing releasing the clubhead when I honestly was likely already doing a decent job. The last few rounds after drilling this "release" feeling I thought I  wanted in a net and now i can barely get the ball off the ground. If I was hitting any worse than I am now I wouldn't be hitting the ball at all. I tried this drill for 30 minutes and every  strike felt 100x better than the last few weeks for me. Again, going to see a pro is my best bet, so that's what I really need to do lol

Started playing June '23. Currently a 19 hcp

2024 WITB

Dr - Kirkland Signature 10.5* 

5w 18* - Callaway Mavrik 

4h 20*- Callaway Mavrik

9w - Callaway Big Bertha

5i-PW - Maltby TS-1

50*/54*/58* - Maltby Max Milled Wedges

P -  (L.A.B. DF3 Coming Soon!)

56 minutes ago, ElmoGolfs said:

Well this is a lot of info for not having seen me swing! I was hitting just fine and fell down a rabbit hole of chasing releasing the clubhead when I honestly was likely already doing a decent job. The last few rounds after drilling this "release" feeling I thought I  wanted in a net and now i can barely get the ball off the ground. If I was hitting any worse than I am now I wouldn't be hitting the ball at all. I tried this drill for 30 minutes and every  strike felt 100x better than the last few weeks for me. Again, going to see a pro is my best bet, so that's what I really need to do lol

I’ve been studying the swing for several years and reading threads on wrx for those looking for help with their swings an there are a few instructors and other who know the swing that reply to the ones looking for help. early release is very common amongst a lot of amateurs including some low handicaps who have been able to time the compensations up better than a mid or high handicap. There are commonalities between all swings for those who early release. If one didn’t early release there would be some big chunks of grass taking out before the ball or they would whiff on the ball completely. Stalling hips, standing up aka early extension and then flipping at the ball all part of the compensations made for someone who comes from the inside too much.

over the top and releasing early is going to be lots of pulls or slices. Depending on what else the golfer is doing.

Edited by RickyBobby_PR

Day 166 (2 Jul 24) - Worked with the 54 today and the Divot Board with real golf balls in the backyard.  Focus was on making smooth spinny contact to get the ball to hop and stop "as much as possible" in the backyard grass.  A fun exercise that allows me to work on foot placement, ball placement and keeping a consistent swing path.  

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Had a good lesson this evening, focusing on tempo and a smooth transition.  I tend to get quick in the backswing and in transition, which throws off sequencing badly.

It's amazing how difficult it is to slow down after the quickness sets in!

Lots of long transition pause drills in my future.  These also help me ensure my right leg stays in the correct position and doesn't straighten.

Good progress today which I hope to be able to implement effectively.

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :taylormade-small: Brnr Mini driver 13.5* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M1 Otto-Phlex)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids
  •  Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (:projectx: wedge shafts 6.5)
  • :L.A.B.: DF 2.1 (BTG shaft)
  • :redrooster: Gloves

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

16 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I’ve been studying the swing for several years and reading threads on wrx for those looking for help with their swings an there are a few instructors and other who know the swing that reply to the ones looking for help. early release is very common amongst a lot of amateurs including some low handicaps who have been able to time the compensations up better than a mid or high handicap. There are commonalities between all swings for those who early release. If one didn’t early release there would be some big chunks of grass taking out before the ball or they would whiff on the ball completely. Stalling hips, standing up aka early extension and then flipping at the ball all part of the compensations made for someone who comes from the inside too much.

over the top and releasing early is going to be lots of pulls or slices. Depending on what else the golfer is doing.

@RickyBobby_PR I am shocked to see how violently I release my right hand at impact, I can't get the visual out of my head actually. Then my wife showed me a video of a professional in about the same position I am in, do most good right handed golfers have a strong turn on their right hand at impact?

committed to performance excellence

28 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

@RickyBobby_PR I am shocked to see how violently I release my right hand at impact, I can't get the visual out of my head actually. Then my wife showed me a video of a professional in about the same position I am in, do most good right handed golfers have a strong turn on their right hand at impact?

So in a good swing the trail hand is going from extension to flexion. This is what the release is. There are varying degrees of it for each golfer.

Hopefully the file comes across. But you can see phil’s left hand(trail hand)coming off the club and being more towards flexion than extension.

Vijay has a very similar pattern

IMG_8505.gif

10 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

So in a good swing the trail hand is going from extension to flexion. This is what the release is. There are varying degrees of it for each golfer.

Hopefully the file comes across. But you can see phil’s left hand(trail hand)coming off the club and being more towards flexion than extension.

Vijay has a very similar pattern

IMG_8505.gif

wow, that is crazy, thanks for that, I just watched a "tiger" video, yes @cnosil this right hand thing has got me watching video's lol, and his right hand is turning a lot but after impact, so that is what mine looked like so I am ok with that now, it is taking my club too far inside that is the issue and @RickyBobby_PR, I don't get solid strikes when I extend it too far straight back, something I will have to work on. Thanks for getting back to me...

I went to the range yesterday to work on my iron game. The last few rounds my driver is killing it, but I'm losing so many strokes from terrible 2nd shots with my irons. I focused on slow controlled 3/4 swings and making flush contact on the ball. Yesterday's practice with this swing went well. Nice contact, better accuracy and still decent distance. Needless to say, I am sacrificing my total distance, but what's that worth when it's 30% or less of the time. I think I'm better off for now using a 3/4 swing and clubbing up on the course.

:taylormade-small: R11

:1332069271_TommyArmour: 3H 18°

:adams-small: 4i-PW XTD Tour

:titleist-small: SM9 52° & 58°

Top Flite Gamer Putter (Previous: Ping Anser from my dad, but he took it back 😠😅

PFM! Pure...Magic!

2 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

wow, that is crazy, thanks for that, I just watched a "tiger" video, yes @cnosil this right hand thing has got me watching video's lol, and his right hand is turning a lot but after impact, so that is what mine looked like so I am ok with that now, it is taking my club too far inside that is the issue and @RickyBobby_PR, I don't get solid strikes when I extend it too far straight back, something I will have to work on. Thanks for getting back to me...

If you club is getting to far inside you probably are setting the wrists wrong or not at all. Assuming the extend to far back is on the takeaway that would be an indication it’s not setting properly rather than not at all. 

Here’s a good drill for setting the wrist 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7KBAZBRacG/?igsh=MWI4MWpiZnY5YzllYg==

youre welcome. Always here to try and help 

6 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

If you club is getting to far inside you probably are setting the wrists wrong or not at all. Assuming the extend to far back is on the takeaway that would be an indication it’s not setting properly rather than not at all. 

Here’s a good drill for setting the wrist 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7KBAZBRacG/?igsh=MWI4MWpiZnY5YzllYg==

youre welcome. Always here to try and help 

I like that, simple. I have always had a "one piece" takeaway, that is the way I was taught in the 60's, no hinge per say. I will visualize that today in my session..

22 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

this right hand thing has got me watching video's lol,

Don’t go down that rabbit hole.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

13 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

I like that, simple. I have always had a "one piece" takeaway, that is the way I was taught in the 60's, no hinge per se. I will visualize that today in my session..

A too far to inside is a common issue with the one piece takeaway. 

here’s one showing why it can be bad.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CukD6VzsSKy/?igsh=Y203bHduaHd0bzk=

Day 167 (3 Jul 24) - played weekly 9 hole round with my good friend.  Solid for me 40 with 5 pars and 4 bogies.  With 2 GIR - that meant 3 were up and down for par….short game was happening today…

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Took my first lesson yesterday. Lots of hands work, way off plane

Edited by Wasper007

Callaway Maverick driver, Mizuno 3-wood and irons, Cleveland wedges, TaylorMade putter. Primarily play with Oncore golf balls

I've now got a regular booking with a local pro (30 mins, every 2 weeks) for lessons, which are starting to pay off. We mix it up between driving range and on-course, whatever is needed on any given day. I've also lost 21lbs so far this year, so he's helping me through any changes that has brought about too. 

Focus of late is on the driver and gaining some ballspeed, lengthening the backswing and creating more room at the top. My strong grip has had a tweak too 

An example of the backswing work (new swing on the left, old on the right); old swing = head dipped and weight went into heels early, so had to swing around myself and got stuck on the inside. The new swing focuses on getting hand higher and away from me (they feel miles away from me, but they aren't at all!), giving me room at the top and a better turn = more ballspeed. A work in progress, but getting there slowly...

New vs Old Jun24.PNG

Bag full of mostly PING, apart from Cleveland CBX wedges..I need all the help I can get! 

Snuck away from my in-laws to hit a couple of buckets at a deserted range this afternoon. After some decent iron and hybrid work I pulled the wedges at was aiming at 25, 50, and 75 yard targets. That did not go as well as I had hoped it would. Always more to work on. 

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:maxfli: Tour S

Day 168 (4 Jul 24) - long family day, did squeeze in some rolls of the putter.  Practiced lagging to set distances using the bedroom carpet as a “slow green”. 

Heavy rain passed through this afternoon, so I was glad I'd booked some sim time to work on wedge ladders and trying to figure what I've been doing wrong with the driver. Driver is still work in progress, but felt like I took some steps in the right direction. Some videoing my swings, reviewing, tweaking setup and take away and then doing some drills to sort downswing and follow through. All stuff from lessons last year that I had saved as notes for drills and 'feels'. I'll get there.

I spent well over an hour on wedges and about 20 minutes on driver. I'm going to hit the practice areas at a local course tomorrow to get some putting and bunker and greenside chipping practice in.

My 50* gap wedge now has the same shaft as my irons (KBS C-Taper Lite XS, used to be stock S200), so I needed to rebaseline my distances. The 56* is a recent addition (switched from MG3TW to MG4TW, which comes with an S400 shaft vs old one with S200). Both the 50* and 56* felt great, but my distances have definitely changed a little, so the session was very worthwhile. I try to revisit my wedge ladder distances at least a couple of times through the season after setting baseline numbers in spring.

My putting is easily my weakest aspect of the game, so aside from getting lots of putting practice in, getting my short approach and chipping to a higher level will ease the pressure on my putting. Is it a bit OCD? Yep, but I'm an engineer looking at data and analytics every day, so I'm all in on 'marginal gains' - as coined by Sir Dave Brailsford, head coach of the British cycling teams for a number of years.lol

Positions (hip, waist, ribs, shoulder, full) are all a personal thing based on perceived position. I don't video to check, it's what makes sense to me and gives me some good gapping. I hit at least 10 shots at each position to establish approx distance. Noted distances are +/- a few yards. I'm not a pro, so I'm not worried about hitting a '43 yard carry'. Rounding to nearest 5 and expecting (or hoping for) +/-5 or so on course works well.

56* is my go to club inside 100 yards, so that's my focus, but I've been getting good success with hitting 50* for shorter approach shots. 60* is a club I don't often use, but as it's my lowest bounce - and lowest to the ground at address- wedge, there's always a chance I'll have to grab it through during dry spells.

I will be getting these onto a small laminated card to attach to my golf bag for quick reference.

305B7D6B-485B-4EDF-84BD-D5D613B27E3B_1_201_a.jpeg.7a26ea381a09c0209e99395dcc7cf567.jpeg

5D5DDD81-9EA4-42A9-BC42-192B3E95268E_1_201_a.jpeg.669207691db13f0eed18352dbbebb7f6.jpeg

48F93B06-6ED5-48B7-9E22-4EA92AA0825C_1_201_a.jpeg.e6770515864130be06e47454085d2795.jpeg

Edited by Indy_Oz

2024 WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G430 LST 9* w. Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 60X

FW woods: :titleist-small:TSR2+ 13* '2W' w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X & 21* 7W w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

Hybrid: :taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18*) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

Irons: :taylormade-small: 5i-9i: '19 P790; P- '23 P7MC w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: 50/09 MG3; 56/12 MG3TW; :vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter: :odyssey-small: Toulon Design Memphis, 2019 model [Backup: Sik DW C 2.0]

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x/ TP5xPix:callaway-small: Chrome Tour [see ball test link below] (also testing :bridgestone-small: Tour BX Mindset)

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder. :taylormade-small: Select Plus stand bag. :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

2024 Tests:

"...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!"- Eric Idle

Day 169 (5 Jul 24) - Family golf day (niece, her husband and my grandson) foursome.  Early tee time on a busy course.  Had some struggles with the long approaches - settled down on the back nine. Came away with an 86 (43 /43) - so the game is staying balanced front / back.  Also continued testing the Claw Daddy gloves - playing the Pro front, Max back…interesting thoughts today…

I've been slacking lately and haven't posted in a few days...

I made it to the range almost every day this past week... also got a lesson in there as well...

I tried to get out for 18 on three separate days, last Saturday (Rained Out), Sunday (Rained Out), and Yesterday (Rained Out Again)... It's been super hot in Florida and right around midday the skies have just opened up... and made the courses unplayable...

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ~John Stuart Mill

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope." ~Winston Churchill

Currently Gaming:

Driver: Callaway Ai Smoke 10.5, Ventus Blue Velo 6S

Woods: Callaway Ai Smoke 3W, Callaway Ai Smoke 5W, Project X Hzrdus Black 6.0 70g

Irons: Mizuno MP 245 (4I thru GW), NS Pro Modus Tour 120X

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM10 54.10 S Grind, 58.14 K Grind 

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1

Went out with my little grimlin and played 9 holes this morning. At the turn he let me know he’d had enough but he wanted me to let his mom know he picked her some flowers out of the flower bed on one of the holes lolIMG_3569.jpeg.f5c4aab28f2ad502f8d3764d3bc257eb.jpegIMG_3568.jpeg.98cdbc06a3ab125392f7ba94703f3f23.jpeg

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

Range today on grass. Swing feels with 7i and gate drills and shot shaping. Then driver tried to optimize settings. I was hitting face solid most the time. Just wasn’t able to close the face. Settled on weight in heel and draw setting just to see how it goes on course. On another note, I did have really good max hand speed distance with driver today. Lots in the 20” range. That part of my game is coming along. Finished with some putting work just working on eyeliner and lag putting. 

IMG_0810.jpeg

IMG_0809.jpeg

IMG_0812.png

IMG_0814.png

IMG_0815.png

Edited by Vegan_Golfer_PNW

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :kbs: TD Cat 4 70g (back up :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" )

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with :kbs: PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with:kbs: Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter::L.A.B.:Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  :Snell: Prime 4.0

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

Glove: :redrooster:

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Paid the twilight fee at the local goat track. Basically had the course to my self which was amazing. Focused on hitting fairways and approach shots. Since the course was empty I was able to hit a ton of shots. Fixed my ball marks on the greens plus a few and didn't putt out to keep the pace up. finished 9 in under 2 hours and easily did 30 driver, 45 approach, and a handful of chips hitting to real targets and course scenarios. 

to me this is the best type of practice. 

Day 170 (6 July 24) - Attended a local festival today and my grandson, naturally, found a temporary 9 hole putt-putt course (at least they had "real" metal head putters).  We had a blast playing this little setup.  He outputted me I had 4 holes in one, and he had 6.....gotta love young talent.  

image.png.f87b33c99f598658a159fec4ba4a1fe1.png

Spent some time on the range this morning and worked on the driver and the mini.  Got home after a short while with something I noticed switching between the two.  The mini is 9g heavier than the TSR and it got me thinking about kick points and how well I hit the mini and my woods.  They are all heavier than the driver, so I added some lead weight to the TSR and immediately started seeing a better flight window.  I am now planning on doing a driver fitting soon but want to keep the weight issue in mind when I meet with my fitter.  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

13 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Spent some time on the range this morning and worked on the driver and the mini.  Got home after a short while with something I noticed switching between the two.  The mini is 9g heavier than the TSR and it got me thinking about kick points and how well I hit the mini and my woods.  They are all heavier than the driver, so I added some lead weight to the TSR and immediately started seeing a better flight window.  I am now planning on doing a driver fitting soon but want to keep the weight issue in mind when I meet with my fitter.  

Funny you say that- I’ve been wondering about shaft and head weight as my 3W and 7W are 75g x stiff shafts and driver 60/65g. I definitely his the woods straighter and I’ve been thinking of playing with swing weight and shaft weight a bit in future. 
I’ll wait for a formal fitting until the Ai smoke TD max arrives and I’ve decided whether to stick with Ping or go Callaway longer term. In the meantime, lead tape experimentation sounds like a plan…

2024 WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G430 LST 9* w. Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 60X

FW woods: :titleist-small:TSR2+ 13* '2W' w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X & 21* 7W w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

Hybrid: :taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18*) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

Irons: :taylormade-small: 5i-9i: '19 P790; P- '23 P7MC w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: 50/09 MG3; 56/12 MG3TW; :vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter: :odyssey-small: Toulon Design Memphis, 2019 model [Backup: Sik DW C 2.0]

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x/ TP5xPix:callaway-small: Chrome Tour [see ball test link below] (also testing :bridgestone-small: Tour BX Mindset)

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder. :taylormade-small: Select Plus stand bag. :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

2024 Tests:

"...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!"- Eric Idle

3 minutes ago, Indy_Oz said:

Funny you say that- I’ve been wondering about shaft and head weight as my 3W and 7W are 75g x stiff shafts and driver 60/65g. I definitely his the woods straighter and I’ve been thinking of playing with swing weight and shaft weight a bit in future. 
I’ll wait for a formal fitting until the Ai smoke TD max arrives and I’ve decided whether to stick with Ping or go Callaway longer term. In the meantime, lead tape experimentation sounds like a plan…

Yeah my mini and tsr have the exact same shaft and length. Only real difference is weight and the loft is 1.5 degree.  I hit the mini so good and it's bothering me that my swing is the same for the driver. I'll tinker until I can do a fitting. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter