Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Went to the range and tried all I could not to turn my left side thru.Just trying to avoid making the pain kick in with left shoulder injury.Just used all hands and arms and no body.For some odd reason I was hitting some of the longest draws ever.And the ball was really compressed with the irons.Just all hands and arms. How can this happen ?

Keep it in the short stuff

Finding the middle of my Ping Glide 2.0 wedge...IMG_20180608_130758937_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

So went to the range at Bayou instead of the Par 3 course. The hitting stations were on the front of the range which means a significant downhill lie. Actually that's very good for working on ball striking as you have to stay down and through the ball -

I heard lots of muttering behind me about the downhill and I had a few issues at first but with some focus I was striping 7 Irons, high and straight on target.

My teacher was giving a lesson next to me and commented on how straight I was hitting it. He actually had me hit a couple of shots for the guy that demonstrate how to fire the right side through the ball. I nailed both of them.

Very happy with my swing right now. Primarily used my time to hit 7 irons and work on my rhythm.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Long left arm, low and slow back, finish at left hip.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Short game - chipping and putting for half an hour on my way to church this afternoon.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Been working on my TomAlanmmy FleetShankswood swing all day. Great results. No shoulder pain. Chipping and pitching technique will be an odd one for me to learn something new. But it's a must if I want to keep playing this great game.

2018 is the year of the rebuild for me. New me, new swing, new challenges.

Two gloves??

Been working on my TomAlanmmy FleetShankswood swing all day. Great results. No shoulder pain. Chipping and pitching technique will be an odd one for me to learn something new. But it's a must if I want to keep playing this great game.

2018 is the year of the rebuild for me. New me, new swing, new challenges.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Tommy Gainey....a truly unique swing and unique golfer.

Google some of his videos!

http://www.twogloves.com/about/

Tommy Two Gloves?

Haha.

I don't wear a glove on either hand.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Interrupted someone's breakfast this morning on the range as I was giving my new Wilson F5s their first test...ooo la la... Me like. IMG_20180610_095134449_HDR.jpeg

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

I stuck around for my son's PGA Jr team practice to watch. The pro & assistant mostly spent their time with a couple of new kids on the team who are also new to golf, which was understandable. After a bit the head pro spoke with my son, then had everyone stop and do a few drills to promote a proper turn in the backswing, then had a few more words with my son about what he wanted him to do.

Within 5 balls my son was absolutely pounding his driver with a tiny baby fade, so much so that the assistant came over to watch and remark on the ballflight. It's astounding how quickly kids pick things up and just run with it. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Had a nice long range session yesterday afternoon, and man let me tell you that changing my grip size back to standard diameter from +4 is just paying off big time. Hit every club in the bag starting with SW and working all the way up. So long as I kept my posture straight (not hunched) and also kept my left arm as straight as possible, I was striking most shots clean and long way more consistently than before. I still revert back to the old default and will blade and chuck the odd one like every other high handicapper on the planet, so I have to take my time and focus on what I need to do. By the time I got to the fairway woods I was a bit tired and that lack of focus really started to show up, so I had to really bear down when I got to driver which is quickly becoming one of my better clubs finally!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Yoga.

Yes, I'm serious.

This is an incredibly relaxing 60 minute break from reality. My mind goes on a quiet vacation and I can get a great stretch throughout my body.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

LM session with the Ping G400 and my G30 for the Review. I hit a lot of drives and I'm playing in league tonight. Should be interesting. My back is sore right now.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Today:

20 minutes of lag putts.

40 minutes of 52°, and 60° Wedges. 15–150 yards. I really smashed one 52° and it landed at the 150, I then paced it out at 151. Not sure what got into me...

Anyways, the 60° produces ground magnets. High, low, medium, ultra low, flops. One or two good hops then stops dead.

There was an older gentleman that stopped his practice today to watch me. He was amazed, and wanted me to team up with him to hustle his buddies. I declined, and he said well you could make a lot of money doing it... haha, if I see him again I'll take him up on that offer.

Worked on short side chipping today. Tried different ball flights and to hit various landing spots. Was a struggle today. Then worked on getting up and down. Not a pretty practice or one where I walked away feeling good about the results but happy I did the work.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Practiced chipping and putting tonight. About 50 each. Chipping getting even better. Putting not so much.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Hit a bucket concentrating on my left wrist and right index finger “pad”/knuckle at impact. I'm finding that making this my focus has greatly improved my ball striking, and thereby distance/accuracy. Plus, it's helping me keep my lower body more stable by having a focus point.

Great idea! Gonna try this as I seem to struggle with some similar problems. Thanks!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I stuck around for my son's PGA Jr team practice to watch. The pro & assistant mostly spent their time with a couple of new kids on the team who are also new to golf, which was understandable. After a bit the head pro spoke with my son, then had everyone stop and do a few drills to promote a proper turn in the backswing, then had a few more words with my son about what he wanted him to do.

Within 5 balls my son was absolutely pounding his driver with a tiny baby fade, so much so that the assistant came over to watch and remark on the ballflight. It's astounding how quickly kids pick things up and just run with it.

Man I wish I had started with this game when I was a kid.....!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I had a GREAT lesson with Jon Sinclair in Euless, TX (between Dallas and Ft Worth)! I had been struggling with the mental part of the game because my coach in New Orleans had initiated a second swing change that I just never agreed with.

Jon started the lesson talking about how the mental aspect of the game is where he focuses primarily. When one hits a shot that was not the intended shot, he asks what caused that. He's not looking for an answer that is mechanical or swing related, he's looking for an answer that identifies a thought, or loss of attention that caused the issue. I like this! He talks about making sure if anything mentally interrupts the golfer before the swing, to step away, regather, and re-address. This is no different than in my years of playing hoops: if I was at the free-throw line and I bobbled the ball, did something that disrupted my rhythm, I tossed the ball back to the official and re-grouped.

Mechanically, he got me in a better stance, one that actually matched what I used to do naturally, then we worked on getting my right side through in the downswing. Last was working on my hands as I'm a notorious flipper! He gave me a nerf-like ball that I keep between my forearms during the swing for continuing to work on my arms and hands through impact. All-in-all, it was great. Simple, worked with MY swing, and it addressed the mental side of the game too.

I'll be going back for sure!

http://www.sinclairgolf.com/About.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

More putting today. Some chips. Was leaving the face open on some pitch shots today, frightening. It's all in the takeaway, when that gets funky... watch out on the right apparently. That and my lower body was lazy and it was all arms.

And those soccer balls are growing on me. Just wish they didn't sound like chalk, much like the TP Blacks. Loved them, just a weird sound.

More putting today. Some chips. Was leaving the face open on some pitch shots today, frightening. It's all in the takeaway, when that gets funky... watch out on the right apparently. That and my lower body was lazy and it was all arms.

And those soccer balls are growing on me. Just wish they didn't sound like chalk, much like the TP Blacks. Loved them, just a weird sound.

How can a ball with different colors sound different? Isn't it just a chrome soft with special coloring?

Or do all chrome soft sound different??

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Chrome Soft. Sounds hard to me. The color of the thing makes no difference. The TP5's and the TP Black of the past feel and sound very very similar to the Chrome Soft to me.

The Srixon Z Star feels the softest out of the “tour” balls to me.

Ever smash chalk or harshly draw on a chalk board with it? That's what the Chrome Soft feels like to me. (Sound is feel)

Chrome Soft. Sounds hard to me. The color of the thing makes no difference. The TP5's and the TP Black of the past feel and sound very very similar to the Chrome Soft to me.

The Srixon Z Star feels the softest out of the “tour” balls to me.

Ever smash chalk or harshly draw on a chalk board with it? That's what the Chrome Soft feels like to me. (Sound is feel)

Gotcha.... I play chrome soft sometimes but haven't really noticed that.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Gotcha.... I play chrome soft sometimes but haven't really noticed that.

I'm very particular on the way the feel (sound) is off the club. More so with the Chrome Soft. I feel like I miss hit them, when I'm not... but like I said I'm getting used to it. I can see why the big dogs have such a hard time adjusting to a different kind of ball.. ie Bubba.

Been hitting a few off the hosel and out the heel with my irons. Spent a bucket of 50 balls trying to get back to more centered.

If I feel like my hands stay away from my body a more centered contact is made, with no shanks and a lot straighter flight. Very much work in progress.

Ping G400 MAX 9*, Ping G 3 Wood, TM Aeroburner 4 Hybrid, 4- PW Ping I200, Vokey SM6  50, 54, 58, Cameron & Crown M2 Mallet.

My shoulder is still bruised, but no torn rotator cuff, so I can make a more "full" swing. HOWEVER, I learned last week, I did not have to make such a full swing to get the same distance.

So last night, I went to the range and hit a few ball (still taking it easy). Worked on more compact swing and better timing and less effort. It seemed as if I did have to try near as hard. Well, it was very hard not to swing too hard.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid