Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

For me, the shorter the shot the heavier the clubhead feels. You might be feeling like you have to manipulate the club more, therefore your timing gets a smidge off. If you are comfortable opening the face a little, you could try a slightly open stance and face, take a tiny bit bigger swing and see how that works. If you aren't then disregard.

No, don't have too much of a problem with opening the face .. as long as I adjust my setup properly. But, yeah, this is another thing I will be working on, thx!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Practice today consisted of me feeling like I hit the ball at 50% speed the whole time. I tend to have an early release when I swing hard and have tension in my hands, but when I slow down and lighten my grip it helps me to turn through the ball

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Went to the local muni and hit a small bucket to start testing my new driver. 40 balls split evenly between short iron (9,PW) and driver.

Man is that range chewed up - no grass to speak of on the practice tee. It was also just aerated. But since I was there for driver it didn't bother me.

Also it's not my club. We have some significant players at the club. The only time anyone is watching me swing and hit balls it's to help. I forget that I'm a lower handicapper. I had a plea for help from one side and a “I couldn't see how far that went, wow!” On the other. For the record some where short of but fairly close to the 250 sign which was actually 258 so reasonable but not all that far, but it was a bomb relative to everything that was going on around me. And it was very straight with just a hint of draw - that shot shape was no where to be found on that range today either. :)

The plea for help was answered with a - “I'm not a pro but there's a really good one here who is very affordable”, there really is too.

I hit it okay - the weight loss helps my swing as will the workouts I'm sure. Everything kind of feels weird and in flux though.

The lovely Laura will be videoing my swing for me on Saturday in exchange for lunch with Penny so we will see how it actually looks at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

1 drive. Right down the middle of my road at about 280, 300 I run out of room.... into someone's driveway. Not even the slightest bend of the ball. The. I came back inside and put the club back in the bag, so that will be the memory I have with the new PING when it's really go time.

Some indoor chipping, on a rainy dreary day, into a net. No, can't see the flight nor determine the distance but can tell if each hit was a crisp, solid contact or not. Also tried to feel the balance on my lead foot and check my finish position.

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

Hit a medium bucket today working on creating lag. I've been hitting my irons pretty consistent just looking to generate more clubhead speed.

I switched the regular flex shaft House of Forged shaft out of my driver last night and put the stock stiff back in and was killing it dead straight. I guess that experiment of going with a slightly softer shaft was a bit of a failure.

I then spent some time at the short game area, working on my bunker play. Much better results than the last two times I practiced my sand play. I was previously so discouraged that I contemplated going with a Smart Sole or Sure Out style wedge.

Was going to play tomorrow but instead have booked a fitting just to see if I'm still playing what I should be playing. It will be my first fitting in 18 years so I'm sure some things have changed

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Played a very casual practice 9 (think T-shirt and jeans casual). My practice lately has been off course only, and I really needed to get out and actually play some golf.

Very much a not how, how many day. I only hit a handful of shots I was happy with, but got around in par. Got away with the ones I wasn't happy with. Chipped it well after my less than perfect swings, apart from a slightly bladed one on the last.

My good shots very much correlated with my focus. When I wasn't focused I didn't put a good swing on it. A reminder to maintain focus through my next round.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Laying off the course to take care of home and give course time a break. Driving went off as did my short approaches. Think I have them shored up but I wont see the course until Monday night or Tuesday night. Carpal tunnel is really bothering me so I hope the lay off helps as I dont want my season to end on a surgery.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Rotating around my spine. I've been getting sway-ey recently causing a lot of inconsistent strikes. Was picking targets on the range and getting it within 5 yards or so. I'd say it was a success.

Then teed up the new G400 MAX and I'm still in love with it. The ball was going further than I could see it land. Zapped the last marker which was 267 from where I was which was nice, but more importantly, I wasn't missing left or right.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

My timing has been off with my driver and 2 iron so really concentrating on getting that straight. Seems like when I take about a 90% backswing, it really allows me to fire through and everything is in sync. Hopefully it continues as i ended the range hitting about 20 in a row to a 20 yd window on the range with my driver.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

My good shots very much correlated with my focus. When I wasn't focused I didn't put a good swing on it. A reminder to maintain focus through my next round.

Oh boy I can relate to that.... :-(

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Everything...hit around 200 balls....wish I was playing; 73 and sunny here.

Focused on keeping my right heel on the ground as long as possible. Pleased with the results.IMG_20180428_140912521.jpgIMG_20180428_140843393.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Hit chips and putts between an Eagle Scout Ceremony (very moving) and church last night.

Worked out and hit balls after church today. It's so nice to be able to get my body into position to hit good shots again.

I didn't hit a lot of balls, some short irons, 10 or so 7 irons, 10 or so 6 irons, 3 great 4 hybrids to the flag that was 186. 10 or so drivers with the last 4 being driver, 8 iron, putt.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Took my grandson to the driving range and pretty much just practiced basking in the beauty of watching a 5 year-old full of joy and enthusiasm. I let him tee them up with his driver, and I think everyone at the range stopped to watch at some point. I would have tried to work on something, but it wasn't happening. Best range trip ever.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Took my grandson to the driving range and pretty much just practiced basking in the beauty of watching a 5 year-old full of joy and enthusiasm. I let him tee them up with his driver, and I think everyone at the range stopped to watch at some point. I would have tried to work on something, but it wasn't happening. Best range trip ever.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I toyed with the idea of doing that. Now I wish that I had. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I toyed with the idea of doing that. Now I wish that I had. :)

I don't know how you could ever regret it.  

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

So I went back to my fitter today to do some post-purchase testing on my hybrid and my driver.

I am a little concerned that I am not getting the distance out of my driver that I got when I had hit the driver (multiple times) prior to my purchase.

My 6 iron checked in perfectly at 185 carry

4 iron at 210 carry

Hybrid at 227 carry

Fairway at 242 carry

so everything was looking good until I got to the driver and I was maxing out around 260 carry with ball speed in the low 150s. My launch and spin were great, but my ball speed was just lower than I expected. I was getting carry of between 250 and 260, where I was expecting carries around 270 (which I had with my previous driver and swear I had at my fitting).

Not sure what to do right now as the distances with my other clubs seem to be spot on, so I know that it is not from a lack of strength or mobility from my March hospital stays.

So I went back to my fitter today to do some post-purchase testing on my hybrid and my driver.

I am a little concerned that I am not getting the distance out of my driver that I got when I had hit the driver (multiple times) prior to my purchase.

My 6 iron checked in perfectly at 185 carry

4 iron at 210 carry

Hybrid at 227 carry

Fairway at 242 carry

so everything was looking good until I got to the driver and I was maxing out around 260 carry with ball speed in the low 150s. My launch and spin were great, but my ball speed was just lower than I expected. I was getting carry of between 250 and 260, where I was expecting carries around 270 (which I had with my previous driver and swear I had at my fitting).

Not sure what to do right now as the distances with my other clubs seem to be spot on, so I know that it is not from a lack of strength or mobility from my March hospital stays.

Was swing speed normal? If it was I would just chalk it up to strike being a little off compared to last time

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Gotta be strike. Just surprised I couldn't find anything close to the center of the face

I have those days too and they are no fun. Fortunately it wasn't while you were playing though

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Its crazy because I was nutting everything else, even my 3W

Yea that is what makes those days more madding. I have had days before where I'm puring everything except my wedges, which are usually a strength for me.

So, apparently when you break your foot (heel, ouch! ) and don't touch your clubs for the better part of six months, you develop soft little girly-man hands and need to go all Tommy Two-Gloves when you finally can hit the range. Went all through the bag tonight, mostly hit it where I aimed it, and still could walk to the car. Maybe this should go in the “Happy” thread?!?IMG_5147.JPG

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Working on chipping again hit some real nice flop shots from less than a foot from my fence. Cleared the 4 foot fence and stopped on a dime. I'm gonna have to find a course with a range on my way home from work to hit some balls once or twice a week.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Working on chipping again hit some real nice flop shots from less than a foot from my fence. Cleared the 4 foot fence and stopped on a dime. I'm gonna have to find a course with a range on my way home from work to hit some balls once or twice a week.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have a course near work and have been chipping there a couple of times a week. Monday and Saturday - range work Friday and league tomorrow night.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Chipping and pitching for a lot longer than I should have however just maybe tomorrow I will reap the benefits of that work.  I have put a new club (Square Strike Wedge) in my bag and today was all about getting it dialed in.  Lot's of work yet to do however it's starting to click for me.  For those interested you can check out my review here:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/23370-square-strike-wedge-unofficial-review/page-1

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I was determined to get out today and just hit my newly shafted driver off some tee boxes to see some distance results between the TP5X, the new CSX, and the OnCore Elixr. I hit 9 balls off each tee box, using 5 different holes on the course. At the end, the TP5X was the overall distance winner by 3 yards, which was nominal, but the range between longest hits and shortest was the least with the TP5X, showing its performance into the wind on two of the five holes. I hit long drives with CSX of 318, and 316 with Elixr, 308 was the longest with TP5X, but I also hit drives of 276 and 277 into the wind with the CSX and Elixr. A 40 and 41 yard difference. Feel was best with the Elixr, and it flew the highest. Feel was the worst with the CSX... Not a fan, but I still have 3 dozen of them!!

After I finished, I jumped on the range with a small bucket to work on my driver swing. It was a good night of practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I practice in all the best places.

20180502_200014.jpg

I know you're all jealous. I mean, who doesn't want to aim at junk cars? And I love the background hum of metal halide lights when I'm practicing on a shitty range.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Practiced before the mens league by hitting a bunch of demo irons from TaylorMade :D  Went to the range after to hit a few long irons and driver.  Then hit the putting surface for some chipping and putting practice right before we went off for league.

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

It was a crazy hard week for me. Budgeting for next year, school accreditation visit and events associated with tomorrow's confirmation. I've logged 64 hours and will put in another 4 this afternoon. Many of those hours have been high stress.

We nailed accreditation and my kids nailed their question and answer session last night.

I hit the range today determined to button down my approach shots (I've been to the putting green twice for half an hour to work on the short game).

Certainly was improved although three wood was meh. (So long as I drive it okay I don't have to hit it in league Tuesday) I need to focus on swinging the club left with my irons. When I do that they fly nice and straight and high.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches