Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Was given the green light to go out and hit some mid and short irons from the doctor.Results weren't too bad but not spectacular.The TrackMan has me at 83 mph 5 irons swinging as easy as I can.One thing I notice is after my weight loss and increased gym time.My whole swing and motion feels completely different.And different in a bad way versus good.I know health is important.But losing weight and getting fit doesn't translate well in helping a golf game imho

Keep it in the short stuff

Was given the green light to go out and hit some mid and short irons from the doctor.Results weren't too bad but not spectacular.The TrackMan has me at 83 mph 5 irons swinging as easy as I can.One thing I notice is after my weight loss and increased gym time.My whole swing and motion feels completely different.And different in a bad way versus good.I know health is important.But losing weight and getting fit doesn't translate well in helping a golf game imho

Jason Duffner had a similar experience. In the long run its probably better to keep up the fitness and work on the golf swing rather than being bigger to help your swing

Working on my chip shots; specifically setup and making good contact.  Watching hockey and hitting almost golf balls into a chair.  Technique seems pretty solid now especially after working on that and contact prior to my league on Thursday.  If I can get this part of my game working I should be in pretty good shape going into the season. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Spent an hour on the lawn with a wedge and my grandson. Not sure the 5 year-old isn't better than me right now.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Right now working on my backswing length and not getting across the line and also better weight transfer

B6CDAE25-4E18-47BA-9E9D-3ACDD9FAC602.MOV

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Took the G30 irons out for a spin. They performed exactly as the fitter predicted. I was at least a half club longer with the 7 iron and probably more with the 6 so that they flow seamlessly into my 5 hybrid.

I was aiming at a flag that was 171 with the wind left to right and in - a very bad wind for my draw.

I hit five six irons that reached the front of the little green that the flag was on and the 5 hybrid was landing around the flag and kicking past.

Clearly these clubs wouldn't win any beauty contests but that's not an issue for me. If they work, I will like them. I'm just pretending that they are big brothers of my Eye 2's. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Hit some full shots with the pro watching me today.The compression feel of solid hits was still there.His video showed my shaft steep in transition.But as he told me over and over.Its a million times more effective than his pre lesson help.The shaft will start shallowing again once my body opens up earlier.A natural reaction versus a forced move that many seem to be doing.Any forced manipulations never seem to last long with me.And always end in very bad strikes and scores

Keep it in the short stuff

Hit some full shots with the pro watching me today.The compression feel of solid hits was still there.His video showed my shaft steep in transition.But as he told me over and over.Its a million times more effective than his pre lesson help.The shaft will start shallowing again once my body opens up earlier.A natural reaction versus a forced move that many seem to be doing.Any forced manipulations never seem to last long with me.And always end in very bad strikes and scores

Maybe we can borrow a bit from one another and find a balance!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I have been trying to turn my hips more. Last lesson I had, we found that I am not getting a good hip turn through the down swing which is causing me to block a lot of my shots left. So for now I am just trying to slow things down some so I can reprogram all the muscle memory in my swing.

I really don't know how this kink got in my swing...funny this this golf is!!!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ive been sick and missed 4 days of work and the crap is still hanging on. Supposed to play Chambers Bay Sunday but doubtful I will make it and probably a bad idea. Dropped putter off yesterday and had new grip put on. Picked it up today and had a standard cheap grip put on my 7i just to see how I liked it compared to my midsize. Played with it over a small bucket and I think I will go back to regular on all my clubs. Easier on my hands, wrists, and forearms. Ive been working on working the ball and I feel like it will be easier for me to do so with the standard size. Felt so much better!!

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Had a lesson today to figure out my two way miss that crept back in. First issue was rolling of wrists/forearms causing the club to get to far inside then to steep on the transition causing me to get stuck and having to flip hard or hold off the face

Second thing we worked on was getting a better transition with a hip bump and slow down my hips and chest from getting open too early

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Like I was once a 1!!!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Practiced with the driver today, trying different shafts.

I was working on a nice baby draw.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Broken record here, but tonight hit again tonight into my net. However the difference was that this was the second time this week where usually I've only done one session per week. I guess that means I'm slowly building stamina...Fat white guys need love too...

Anyway, other than the fact that tonight was my second session of the week, it was also my first session where I started my durability testing on the Snell MTB Reds as part of my honored task to evaluate these lovely little orbs for you all. To see my Stage 1 of this eval, please refer to the link below:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/22972-official-forum-member-review-snell-mtb-black-red/

Anyhow to keep details under wraps until my Stage 2 testing is complete, I shouldn't yet comment on what I felt, saw or heard, but want to so much! Sorry... Generally though tonight was "good" but my knees are both a bit tight...To help with that tightness, refer my comment here;

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/17904-what-ya-drinking-tonight/?hl=drinking

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Starting to feel better but not enough to hit the course. Hit large bucket with nothing special other then running through my clubs to losen tge body after being mostly in hed a good part of a week. Contemplated putting a hundred buck in grips on my 30 year old Eye 2, or go ahead and spend $600ish on some new 716 AP1..decisions.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Starting to feel better but not enough to hit the course. Hit large bucket with nothing special other then running through my clubs to losen tge body after being mostly in hed a good part of a week. Contemplated putting a hundred buck in grips on my 30 year old Eye 2, or go ahead and spend $600ish on some new 716 AP1..decisions.

Upgrade Buddy! You'll be amazed!

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

So "putzed" around tonight again in the living room some more using the "left-hand-down" method with very positive results yet again. I've seen benefits of this "new" style of putting grip in this particular environment myself first-handed and even out on the course. I also see its new/revived prominence on the PGA Tour and believe there is something positive to this putting style overall. It is 'weird" feeling to start, but try it and let us know what your experiences are! I think this style is innovative and is also beneficial to many of us based on my first impressions...

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

As great as the Eye 2's were you are due for an upgrade. Treat yourself and enjoy.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I use the swing caddy at least once a week, which helps me focus on my swing.

hugo-boss.jpgSilvermere-Custom-Fitting-PXG-140x140.pn

Epic Sub - Zero Driver
           Callaway XR16 - 3 Wood
          Callaway XR16 - 5 Hybrid
                     PXG 0311
             Titleist SM7 50, 55, 60
                Scotty Cameron

New clubs will come in the offseason. Put new grips and played around with them. Winn Dritacs. Love the feel and didnt break the bank for less than a years play while I shop for new sticks. Been sick a couole weeks and havent been om a course byt tomorrow that will change. Ran through all my clubs to get feel of new grips and worked on driver since thats what cost me penalty strokes a couole weeks ago.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Would you like to hit a 7i into a green instead of a 5i?  'nuff said!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Did you get to hit balls into an island green this evening?

30442542_10216233243732433_8875240632294

I know you're all green with envy.  Such is the life of a road warrior.  I go all the best places.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I almost put an Instagram filter on that picture, but it ruined the shittiness of it all.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Continuing bunker practice. I think I have made some progress. Last two times I went to the practice bunker it was a disaster. I was swinging too shallow. Today was much better as I have been concentrating on swing steeper and really thumping the sand.

Still need lots of practice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Just got back from the range. Worked on timing/tempo with the seven iron, and then just for the heck of it, I grabbed my TM hybrid/rescue. It must have been the timing work I had just done, but I actually hit the hybrid decently. It wasn't perfect, but it's a club that's never made it into my bag. I've wanted to hit a hybrid well, but just never managed it. It's still early, but maybe there's hope! 🤞

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Started my first day with the SuperSpeed golf sticks. Looks easy but it really stresses the muscles well. I also went to the club and hit a few balls but did not push it. Made a change to my irons after tweaking my elbow on Friday. Felt good to stripe the Hogan's right out of the gate this year.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Went to an indoor place to practice today. They had a demo Ping LST driver that I tried. Felt great, but based on the data I'm not sure if it's worth it to pay the extra $650 for the new club. Especially when that money is currently earmarked for more lessons. IMG_20180414_171019.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Driver -  :callaway-small: Big Bertha Alpha

3W -  :callaway-small: XHot Pro

3 Hybrid - :taylormade-small: Rescue 11

4-PW - Maltby DBM Forged

52 -  :vokey-small: SM4

56 -  :cleveland-small: RTX-3

60 - Scratch SS

Putter -  :seemore-small: FGP