Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Played 12 holes today, only had the 3wood then 6iron pw sw putter. Basically played bogey golf because chipped short so didn’t take advantage of my good 3wood off the tee, 3wood is a keeper that is for sure, but I am wondering if I can improve on it by using a 2015 head which would be 15 years younger? Anyone tried this??

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

As I mentioned in my post yesterday, my wife caught one swing on camera when we were at the range. I am open to feedback and thoughts on drills I can work on to try and stay in my swing longer. Early extension has always been my biggest challenge and leads to toe misses pretty frequently. I’ll probably do a lesson or two with the pro at our club this year when the driving range opens as well.

This video was one of the better balls I hit, if I recall I got about 240ish carry and 265 total. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

45 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

As I mentioned in my post yesterday, my wife caught one swing on camera when we were at the range. I am open to feedback and thoughts on drills I can work on to try and stay in my swing longer. Early extension has always been my biggest challenge and leads to toe misses pretty frequently. I’ll probably do a lesson or two with the pro at our club this year when the driving range opens as well.

This video was one of the better balls I hit, if I recall I got about 240ish carry and 265 total. 

Your swing breaks down early with getting arms disconnected from the body and getting the club inside the hands. This causes arms and hips to be out of sequence.

There are two schools of thought, those who prefer a once peace takeaway and those who thing that’s an issue for not enough hip turn and depth. 

Several ways to go about this. Go to YouTube and watch videos from Chris Ryan or AMG about setup, takeaway, backswing, transition. 

Get AMGs free membership or one of their upgraded ones and follow along.

Buy Monte Scheinblums efficient swing and ntc, or ntc and broom force or nrc and power shift videos.

Do this drill

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-kuVOOl1B6/

Lastly get lessons in person or online.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Nice day yesterday so Owen and I got out to River Heights.  We'd planned to play 18 but it was surprisingly busy so we wound up bailing after nine.  We wound up dropping second and sometimes third balls while waiting on the groups ahead.

The other couple times we'd wandered onto the course this winter, we both had bad cases of the chunks.  This time around, contact for both of us was better.  Early on we were sending most everything to the right.  I'd managed to straighten out by the end of the day and my game within about thirty yards was actually pretty solid.  

Getting hopeful for some actual rounds soon!

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Your swing breaks down early with getting arms disconnected from the body and getting the club inside the hands. This causes arms and hips to be out of sequence.

There are two schools of thought, those who prefer a once peace takeaway and those who thing that’s an issue for not enough hip turn and depth. 

Several ways to go about this. Go to YouTube and watch videos from Chris Ryan or AMG about setup, takeaway, backswing, transition. 

Get AMGs free membership or one of their upgraded ones and follow along.

Buy Monte Scheinblums efficient swing and ntc, or ntc and broom force or nrc and power shift videos.

Do this drill

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-kuVOOl1B6/

Lastly get lessons in person or online.

Thanks for the feedback! I didn't realize the club was getting inside that quickly so that is good insight, I appreciate it. 

#LeftyGang

Found myself in the Balboa short game area with no one around this morning.  Pretty handy.  It's still a little wet from last week but sections of it are cut short and dried out so I got to practice from a very wide variety of lies today.  The focus was from 30-60 yards.  They didn't have the pin and 'green' cut in the area where I normally practice so I used my two alignment sticks, a broken tree branch, and a tree to create a 30 yard ladder to work with.  Same type of practice as a couple days ago.  I'm focused on understanding ball behavior and what the highest percentage type of shot is from a particular lie with a particular club.  Basically, can I hit this shot comfortably and consistently.  If not, it's not a shot for me to use out on the course.  To that end I hit 20 with each wedge to 30, 40, & 50 then another 40 or so just picking a club and a landing area within the ladder.  

Afterwards I found myself still alone so backed it way up and hit some partial wedges and flighted from 60-90 yards for another 40 out of a wet lie (kryptonite for wedges and I).  After that a whole group of people showed up with their shag tubes all at once so I packed it up to head over to the range for a small bucket.   It was a very good bucket for me because I discovered another why for something a why for a fault that's been hard to shake.  

Should be fun to see if I can fix it now that I know what it is.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

7 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Thanks for the feedback! I didn't realize the club was getting inside that quickly so that is good insight, I appreciate it. 

That’s the biggest issue. The other is your right hip comes out instead of left hip going back. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

2 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

That’s the biggest issue. The other is your right hip comes out instead of left hip going back. 

Sorry to ask what is probably an obvious answer, but in the back swing or downswing with hips? I can see where I flip the clubhead inside now about halfway up instead of keeping it out and then lifting, I will definitely work on that.

#LeftyGang

2 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

I am open to feedback and thoughts on drills

Now that the young boy is tagging along, which is wonderful, a reminder if it hasn't crossed your mind- if you 2 are using adjacent mats, or grass tee area,  make sure he's on a mat in front of you so you can see him leaving and he doesn't sneak up from behind you while swinging and getting clunked.  Not the biggest concern with a 5 year old perhaps but it can be, especially with those even younger.

Good hand action comes from good body action.     

:macgregor-small:  :benhogan-small: :cobra-small:

2 minutes ago, MacTourney said:

Now that the young boy is tagging along, which is wonderful, a reminder if it hasn't crossed your mind- if you 2 are using adjacent mats, or grass tee area,  make sure he's on a mat in front of you so you can see him leaving and he doesn't sneak up from behind you while swinging and getting clunked.  Not the biggest concern with a 5 year old perhaps but it can be, especially with those even younger.

We usually are side by side and he's in front of me on the range at our course. Yesterday we were sharing a mat at the range we were at. Definitely something I try to stay aware of and my wife was with yesterday as well for an extra set of eyes, which was nice. Thank you!

#LeftyGang

3 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

IMG_9548.MOV 13.12 MB · 3 downloads  

I think you should slow down abit and try to copy your Fav golfer, @RickyBobby_PR has the expert advice and I would follow his advise but that's what I saw Dow what it's worth...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

1 minute ago, Bang60 said:

I think you should slow down abit and try to copy your Fav golfer, @RickyBobby_PR has the expert advice and I would follow his advise but that's what I saw Dow what it's worth...

Thank you for the insight! I do have a tendency to get too quick. I've got plenty to work on but that just means room for a good amount of improvement. 

#LeftyGang

1 hour ago, Jnoble89 said:

Thank you for the insight! I do have a tendency to get too quick. I've got plenty to work on but that just means room for a good amount of improvement. 

Actually I did that yesterday when I drop kicked of the Tee and thought how did I do that with my 3wood, so dropped another ball and hit slower much better result ....

Edited by Bang60
Corrected

51 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Sorry to ask what is probably an obvious answer, but in the back swing or downswing with hips? I can see where I flip the clubhead inside now about halfway up instead of keeping it out and then lifting, I will definitely work on that.

So the hips should work with the trail hip aka your left hip should work back and around towards the target. But since you straighten the left leg so much it can’t and your right hip comes out. This is commonly called a false turn.

In the. Downswing the left hip should stay where it’s at or ga back slightly from some forward bend. The right hip is going to then go back and up in the downswing 

3 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

So the hips should work with the trail hip aka your left hip should work back and around towards the target. But since you straighten the left leg so much it can’t and your right hip comes out. This is commonly called a false turn.

In the. Downswing the left hip should stay where it’s at or ga back slightly from some forward bend. The right hip is going to then go back and up in the downswing 

Okay, I think I've got an understanding now. Thanks for breaking that down. So a softer knee on the left leg to allow the hip to rotate back and around. Then in the downswing, rotating the hips so I am moving around instead of that left hip pressing forward as I move closer to impact should keep me from standing up so much. I need to rotate more through my hips in the downswing. I hope I am understanding it correctly, just trying to word it so it makes sense in my brain. I really appreciate you taking the time to give me your input. I would not really have known what I was looking at or what to try and feel when working on improving. 

#LeftyGang

8 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

I am open to feedback and thoughts on drills I can work on to try and stay in my swing longer. Early extension has always been my biggest challenge and leads to toe misses pretty frequently. I’ll probably do a lesson or two with the pro at our club this year when the driving range opens as well.

... Lot to address but one thing at a time, like building blocks. I would first work on maintaining your posture and spine angle. That will fix several things. Go frame by frame and you will see a head dip to start your downswing, and that forces you to come up through impact as you start your downswing with your shoulders spinning instead of transferring your weight to your front foot and allowing your hips to open through impact. Standing almost completely upright at impact you are going to have plenty of toe hits and you will be forced to flip since your body is not rotating.

... I know this is a  LOT to throw at you but I wanted you to know the why of maintaining your posture and starting your downswing from the bottom up and not the top down. A drill I would recommend is starting your swing with your hips open the target and try to get back to that position while maintaining your posture. Don't dip your head to start the downswing and don't raise your head through impact, just try and keep it in place. Don't feel like you need to lock it down as that causes other problems, so turning it is fine and even some movement back and forward is OK, just not up and down. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

On 3/5/2023 at 4:15 PM, sirchunksalot said:

There was no sitting frozen over the ball paralyzed with swing thoughts. I was hitting the ball as well as I have in a long time. 

Yes!! Instructor once told me to tap once, tap twice, go. Get the analytical side out of it (he actually knows me from outside of golf 😄) and wake up the reactive / just do it side!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

34 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Lot to address but one thing at a time, like building blocks. I would first work on maintaining your posture and spine angle. That will fix several things. Go frame by frame and you will see a head dip to start your downswing, and that forces you to come up through impact as you start your downswing with your shoulders spinning instead of transferring your weight to your front foot and allowing your hips to open through impact. Standing almost completely upright at impact you are going to have plenty of toe hits and you will be forced to flip since your body is not rotating.

... I know this is a  LOT to throw at you but I wanted you to know the why of maintaining your posture and starting your downswing from the bottom up and not the top down. A drill I would recommend is starting your swing with your hips open the target and try to get back to that position while maintaining your posture. Don't dip your head to start the downswing and don't raise your head through impact, just try and keep it in place. Don't feel like you need to lock it down as that causes other problems, so turning it is fine and even some movement back and forward is OK, just not up and down. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions. 

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. I definitely noticed that big dip at the start of my downswing when I played it back. I’m not sure why I struggle so much with maintaining posture and spine angle..I think it could be tied to not getting good rotation through my hips? Maybe? I will more than likely reach out as I am working on trying to improve. I bought a tri pod so that I can record video at the range this year. Just going to try and take it one step at a time and my hope is that by improving/fixing one area, it may help other aspects as well. I only really started missing off the toe consistently this past year. Before I was always missing on the heel and had a pretty bad slice. Definitely have never played consistently enough to make changes that stick and help me improve, but that is my goal for this year. 

#LeftyGang

9 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. I definitely noticed that big dip at the start of my downswing when I played it back. I’m not sure why I struggle so much with maintaining posture and spine angle..I think it could be tied to not getting good rotation through my hips? Maybe? I will more than likely reach out as I am working on trying to improve. I bought a tri pod so that I can record video at the range this year. Just going to try and take it one step at a time and my hope is that by improving/fixing one area, it may help other aspects as well. I only really started missing off the toe consistently this past year. Before I was always missing on the heel and had a pretty bad slice. Definitely have never played consistently enough to make changes that stick and help me improve, but that is my goal for this year. 

Yes because of the issues you creat in your takeaway and backswing you have to compensate in the downswing. Fox setup, takes away and backswing and lots of others solve themselves. The swing is 1/2 over at lead arm parallel. If the club is out of position at this point you don’t have the time to recover and get things back together and even less once the club reaches the top of the swing 

5 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

So, the nut that I am started digging in to being 10 yards short for the last several rounds. I have found that I now am 1300 feet lower in elevation from where I was in TN to where I am now. So, there is 3 yards right there.  Add in some winter rust and I think I'm ok. Now I have to mentally adjust a little when selecting the club to hit.  Option two, buy a new set of irons with the lofts jacked a little. Ahhh what we won't do to convince ourselves to buy new clubs.  

I used to love playing in Colorado- especially the mountain courses. I was close to 325-340 (I was also a LOT younger). Even at the "lower" elevations ("high desert"where I lived), I was tickling 300ish+. I moved to Kansas (lost ~3500' in elevation), got older, 2 shoulder surgeries, and............. Not sure any amount of loft jacking is gonna make up for the distance lost😆

ALL :callaway-small:

Paradym 10.5*(11.5*) (Hzrdus Gen 4 Silver 60/KBS TD)

Apex UW 17* (Tensei AV Blue 75)

Apex Pro 21 Hybrid 20*/23* (KBS Hybrid)

Paradym 6-PW (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Face Chrome 48* (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Chrome Full Toe 54*/ 58* (Nippon Pro Modus 115 Wedge)

Jaws Full Toe Black Wedge 64* (DG Tour Issue Spinner 115)

WHOG #5

Chrome Soft X 

11 hours ago, chisag said:

.I would first work on maintaining your posture and spine angle.  

Standing almost completely upright at impact you are going to have plenty of toe hits and you will be forced to flip since your body is not rotating.

A drill I would recommend is starting your swing with your hips open the target and try to get back to that position while maintaining your posture. Don't dip your head to start the downswing and don't raise your head through impact, just try and keep it in place. 

I also have an early extension issue but mainly with the driver.  I probably have the same issue with irons and hybrids but in almost all cases, I get decent transition to the lead side and post up on the lead leg.  However, I do lose spine tilt.  For the driver, the best I do is get a partial transition but lose the spine tilt and fall away.  Ironically, I rarely get a bad toe hit.  I do get a lot of pull fades. 

My irons are not a proper fit for me at 3* upright which causes me to set up closer to the ball than there is room for my hands to get past my back hip (according to a fitter), and also forces me into a too upright stance.  To address this, I’m having some success by setting up a bit further, choke down an inch (allows the club to sit evenly on the ground) and increase my tilt.  

I’m working on increasing the spine tilt for my drives as well, which makes it easier to start my backswing more inside.  Also for the driver, I’m paying closer attention to my lead shoulder which subconsciously wants to start slightly open. When that happens, while it feels like I’m bringing the club back to the inside, it actually isn’t.  A few days ago I struggled big time with drives, and the next day focused on that lead shoulder and went 11/13 FIRs.  Preventing the shoulder from flying open allows me to stay in the shot much longer and retain some tilt.  Still not where I want it to be, but definite improvement, and it all starts with better starting posture. 

Edited by GaryF

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

5 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

So, the nut that I am started digging in to being 10 yards short for the last several rounds. I have found that I now am 1300 feet lower in elevation from where I was in TN to where I am now. So, there is 3 yards right there.  Add in some winter rust and I think I'm ok. Now I have to mentally adjust a little when selecting the club to hit.  Option two, buy a new set of irons with the lofts jacked a little. Ahhh what we won't do to convince ourselves to buy new clubs.  

Just throwing it out there,  guy I played with today was on his 2nd round with Paradym 4i-PW and he loves the distance gain but not the fact he can't count on his normal yardage numbers for 4-7i because he's bombing it at times. Sounds like a good problem to have, but worth paying $1000 for? That I'll leave up to you.

Finding a way to turn birdies into bogeys since 1992. #TeamChunks

'23 Forum Tester: image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.png Elixir Golf Ball

WITB:image.png.3fd681db3510b6ca5b9cd8746bbb1447.pngTS2 10.5° @ 11.25° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgTensei blue AV 55 R graph•917f2 15° @ 16.5° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgDiamana blue x5ct dialed 70 R graph•image.png.34e4547e173a54172ff78e7545cfce3c.pngStealth 22° image.png.3e3fd052b67b6f62d3666b666d7109fe.png Ventus red 6 (non-velo) R graph• image.png.8fb479c452fc063454e923dea514c13d.png699u 2i 17° image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png tgi 70 R graph•24° image.png.d2eb192c22d125fefbd3607df7e0b327.png Tour v 90 black pvd R steel•699 6i-PW image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png Tour 110 black pvd R steel• image.png.eca9fa52c016ce4745893f387fef46df.pngSM8 50°/08° @ 52°/10° SM8 stock steel• image.png.3a7bdc80b43a23d4e08c16f2f319cc28.pngJaws Full Toe 56°/12° Screenshot_20230525_002154_Google2.jpg.c2d23d7abfb8451e510d254517410b64.jpgDG Spinner TI steel •image.png.98634e318580c192c5682c5d7f2a763a.png c series DW 2.0 slant neck stock steel•image.png.13e1aa1ef13bc0a92bb27f2e4df082a9.pngPhantom 2 gps•Tour v3 rangefinder•image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.pngElixir golf ball•

8 hours ago, Merlin1313 said:

I used to love playing in Colorado- especially the mountain courses. I was close to 325-340 (I was also a LOT younger). Even at the "lower" elevations ("high desert"where I lived), I was tickling 300ish+. I moved to Kansas (lost ~3500' in elevation), got older, 2 shoulder surgeries, and............. Not sure any amount of loft jacking is gonna make up for the distance lost😆

I tore my left rotator cuff twice and my right one once. I let them heal and then worked through the scaring. Over time I got them back in full motion. Never went for the surgery. My dad had the surgeries, and his shoulders were never the same. 

I used to play golf tournaments in Colorado. I played the Ridges, Saddleback and Rio Secco. I always had trouble adapting to the distance gain. I used to keep a chart in my golf bag for distance by club. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

5 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I tore my left rotator cuff twice and my right one once. I let them heal and then worked through the scaring. Over time I got them back in full motion. Never went for the surgery. My dad had the surgeries, and his shoulders were never the same. 

I used to play golf tournaments in Colorado. I played the Ridges, Saddleback and Rio Secco. I always had trouble adapting to the distance gain. I used to keep a chart in my golf bag for distance by club. 

I was really lucky- my shoulders have gotten back to the way they used to be and no issues. I LOVED Rio Secco. I overshot one of the par 3s and found my ball next to a curled up rattler- I figured he need the ball more than I did. I hit my tee shot on the $1,000,000 hole to about 3 feet- good thing I didn't make it cuz I didn't have any witnesses.

WHOG #5

Chrome Soft X 

I got the DeWiz trainer a couple months ago and while it's still crazy winter in Utah, I've been putting in some good swings with that every day. Both in conjunction with a sim and then also just by itself and a club. It's been a great tool to give you proper feel of good swings. 

A middle aged guy working hard to lower his handicap and have as much fun doing it. I'm typically a Titleist guy but last year put Srixon irons in the bag and have loved them. I've been lucky enough to play 3 times in the UK as well, just getting back from England and Ireland in July so I can help with questions on that front as well. 

1 hour ago, pwhite150 said:

I got the DeWiz trainer a couple months ago and while it's still crazy winter in Utah, I've been putting in some good swings with that every day. Both in conjunction with a sim and then also just by itself and a club. It's been a great tool to give you proper feel of good swings. 

I got to play a few of the courses  in St George- one was Sunbrook (it had 3-9 hole courses) Went there in EARLY spring (about this time of year and played all 3. It was a blast

WHOG #5

Chrome Soft X 

Put a session in at the range today, found a nice rythym for my swing, going to take that to the course tomorrow. Putting was C plus. Still need to get the speed of winter greens and a pulling the pits a bit. Will work on face square and rythym on the stroke, I was rushing it a bit today. 

committed to performance excellence

Howling wind, I got a discount rate to ride 18 at Gambler Ridge. Expectations set low, I still jumped into the bar. Shot 100, probably 4 months since I put triple digits in that box. That said, I played a legit card probably against my better judgment with conditions far from mid-season and still very winter ish.

Speaking of judgment. If you get relief from a cart path, two different holes, and drop behind a tree followed by clipping the top of said tree you need to a) humble your ego in being able to flight the ball and b) take more time analyzing where you take your drop. You can put it nearly anywhere no closer to the hole to get a view of the fairway. Lazy decisions to avoid walking are where some of my net strokes go.

Finding a way to turn birdies into bogeys since 1992. #TeamChunks

'23 Forum Tester: image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.png Elixir Golf Ball

WITB:image.png.3fd681db3510b6ca5b9cd8746bbb1447.pngTS2 10.5° @ 11.25° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgTensei blue AV 55 R graph•917f2 15° @ 16.5° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgDiamana blue x5ct dialed 70 R graph•image.png.34e4547e173a54172ff78e7545cfce3c.pngStealth 22° image.png.3e3fd052b67b6f62d3666b666d7109fe.png Ventus red 6 (non-velo) R graph• image.png.8fb479c452fc063454e923dea514c13d.png699u 2i 17° image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png tgi 70 R graph•24° image.png.d2eb192c22d125fefbd3607df7e0b327.png Tour v 90 black pvd R steel•699 6i-PW image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png Tour 110 black pvd R steel• image.png.eca9fa52c016ce4745893f387fef46df.pngSM8 50°/08° @ 52°/10° SM8 stock steel• image.png.3a7bdc80b43a23d4e08c16f2f319cc28.pngJaws Full Toe 56°/12° Screenshot_20230525_002154_Google2.jpg.c2d23d7abfb8451e510d254517410b64.jpgDG Spinner TI steel •image.png.98634e318580c192c5682c5d7f2a763a.png c series DW 2.0 slant neck stock steel•image.png.13e1aa1ef13bc0a92bb27f2e4df082a9.pngPhantom 2 gps•Tour v3 rangefinder•image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.pngElixir golf ball•

Had another good lesson (indoor) today - and despite some continuing bad habits coming into impact .. that we've been working on.. can see by the LM ball tracers that I'm making definite progress in ball striking! 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg