New Guy from Fla and PA

Our Sponsors

Hi All. Just came across this awesome  site and thought I'd give it a shot. First time doing this. My name is Mike Takacs and I'm a snowbird. Live on PA 6 months and here at Heron Creek CC in North Port Fla for 6 months. I was bored in retirement and thought I'd start a website for something to do. What a dummy, I'm not bored anymore- :) Been traveling to play golf over 35 years and looking to "hook up" with like minded people. Like many old farts, I;m a slow learner but I am looking forward to learning how to navigate around this site. Thanks for listening...LATER...Mike T

welcome aboard, enjoy the forums

Driver:   :honma: TR20 10.5*

Utility Iron: :cleveland-small: UHX 18*

Hybrid:   :callaway-small: Epic 4h 23* 

Irons:    :mizuno-small: JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER 2.2

Ball:   :bridgestone-small: Tour BXS

Welcome to My Golf Spy Mikey.....I run a weekly (Sat) game in New Tampa @ Pebble Creek.  Currently, we have one player that drives up from Northport every Saturday to play with us.  It's a bit of a drive, but he doesn't seem to mind.  We average 45 players/week playing a points game. You are welcome to join us.

• Like 1

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest!!  Glad you joined us Mike, from one old fart to another!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Welcome to MGS..Mikey!!

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Welcome to the MGS forums!

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :cobra-small: F9 driver 9* stiff shaft 

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* regular shaft

Hybrids:  :nike-small: Vapor Flex  3 hybrid regular shaft 

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Ben Hogan BHB01 blade

Ball:  :Snell: Black

Bag: 2015 Ogio Chamber Cart Bag & 2018 MyGolfSpy Stand Bag

Thanks for the welcome all. Nice to be here. Might take you up on that invite to Tampa but now I am enjoying our 27 brand new holes here at Heron Creek. We just opened for play last week with 27 brand new tees, fairways, greens and roughs and it is a JOY to play. They did it right by bringing it back to the original Arthur Hills design which changed a bit over 15 years. I'll be here until May so we'll have to get together sometime. In May its back to Nazareth, Pa which is 60 miles North of Philly. Hope I killed two birds with one stone there by answering like that. Anyway, its nice to be here....LATER...MikeyT

Welcome Mikey - I'm over in St Pete so we will have to get you up our way - I'd love to suggest a home, home and home deal over the winter where we meet at Foz's course, my course and your course.  Perhaps we could get a 4th Floridian in the mix and find 4 excuses to play.  Jaxbeach comes to mind if he's game - he makes it down your way on occasion to visit family anyway.

• Like 1

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

Welcome Mikey I'm pretty new to the site too. It's a great site with great people that great info and chats.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Just an 8-10 handicapper average Joe who loves playing, practicing, tinkering with equipment to better my game.  

Welcome Mikey!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in my bag...

Driver:      TaylorMade R15 10.5• Aldila Rouge Black 60g stiff shaft

3 Wood:   TaylorMade R15 15• Aldila Rouge Black 70g stiff shaft

Hybrid:     TaylorMade  Rescue 4-21• Aldila Rip 65g stiff shaft

Irons:        TaylorMade  RSi TP Nippon NS Pro 950, stiff shaft

Wedges:   TaylorMade  50•, 54•, 58• Nippon NS Pro stiff shaft

Putter:      TaylorMade Ghost 

Ball:          Wilson DUO U

Bag:         TaylorMade 

Welcome Mikey - I'm over in St Pete so we will have to get you up our way - I'd love to suggest a home, home and home deal over the winter where we meet at Foz's course, my course and your course.  Perhaps we could get a 4th Floridian in the mix and find 4 excuses to play.  Jaxbeach comes to mind if he's game - he makes it down your way on occasion to visit family anyway.

Definitely! I get down to Venice every couple of months. Plus a trip to Jax and TPC Sawgrass/World Golf Village/Amelia Island should of course be on your travel agenda!

Stadium is reopening Nov 15th after its summer long renovation--looking good!

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Welcome Mikey - I'm over in St Pete so we will have to get you up our way - I'd love to suggest a home, home and home deal over the winter where we meet at Foz's course, my course and your course. Perhaps we could get a 4th Floridian in the mix and find 4 excuses to play. Jaxbeach comes to mind if he's game - he makes it down your way on occasion to visit family anyway.

Now this sounds like fun! Let's do this.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Welcome to all of the awesome!

Twitter: @EdmundCruz 

@ChiGolfAth 

What's In The Bag:

Driver:  Tour Edge Golf EX9 10 degrees, UST Mamiya ATTAS COOOL Stiff Flex
Hybrid:  Tour Edge Golf Exotics EX9 #3 Hybrid, UST MAMIYA RECOIL 670 F4 Stiff Flex
Irons:
:benhogan-small: Ft. Worth 15 Irons, 23, 27, 31, 35, 39, 43, 47 KBS Tour 90 S-Flex Shaft
Wedges:
:benhogan-small: TK 15 Wedges, 51, 55, 59. KBS Tour 90 S-Flex Shaft
Putter: Buzelli Golf STA-1, Standard Loft/Lie
Ball:  Snell Golf My Tour Ball