Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Random Thread

ole gray

I got my hearing aids from the VA yesterday and it's taking some getting use to.  I can be sitting in the house and hear a mosquito fart back by the woodshed.

Enjoy them!!  I could use a pair too... according to my wife.

BTW, she could hear that mosquito fart without any aids, which makes it pretty difficult for me.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Enjoy them!! I could use a pair too... according to my wife.

BTW, she could hear that mosquito fart without any aids, which makes it pretty difficult for me.

Its the same with me and mine. Just because she has supersonic hearing and talks at a whisper level, she thinks i have bad hearing.

When we go out to eat and the waiter has to ask her to repeat her order, i never miss the chance to say. Man guess that poor girl needs a hearing aid also

That usually goes over well. Ha

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Hearing isn't the issue for me, Listening is :)

But I'd be deathly afraid of hearing aids. I have tinnitus, if this whistling got any louder I'd go bat sh!t crazy. (Maybe crazier is more appropriate)

Hey buddy that's one of the reasons I got hearing aids. Mine have a masking built in to cover or lower the sound of the tinnitus.

It doesn't get rid of it however you hear sounds that over ride the tinnitus.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

What's everyone saying????

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Road trip! Last week we sent one of My Wife's Sisters back to Nebraska. Today we drove from Tampa to Macon to meet another Sisters grandson to drive her back to Alabama. So now we are sitting in Cracker Barrel waiting on breakfast (it's 1:30 pm) LOL. Then we head back to Tampa. The last Sister will go home to Montana next week. They spent 3 months with us this year.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Road trip! Last week we sent one of My Wife's Sisters back to Nebraska. Today we drove from Tampa to Macon to meet another Sisters grandson to drive her back to Alabama. So now we are sitting in Cracker Barrel waiting on breakfast (it's 1:30 pm) LOL. Then we head back to Tampa. The last Sister will go home to Montana next week. They spent 3 months with us this year.

Are you going to drive her back to Montana?  If so, drive a little further and we can play.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I didn't wear them golfing today as I didn't want to freak out when I hit my driver. I'll mainly use them around the house when watching tv and such.

If you do wear them golfing, just don't get paired up with Jack Hamm!

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Not sure if I should post this here.After extensive lessons rebuilding my swing.What mindset should I have on the course?I did somewhat terrible for a few holes trying to mimic all I learned while playing.So I decided to take the training wheels off and just focus on posture and swing freely.And whenever i consciously try and manipulate body of hands in downswing it turns out very bad.Especially when on the course as I learned.My Results improved dramatically in ball flight-score-and my general attitude once I just swung freely.However, When I'm not playing.Im constantly working on the positions in slow motion not worrying about where the ball goes.Does this sound like a reasonable plan for this year?I learned a lot yesterday experiencing to say the least.I really want to nail this swing improvement.But at the same time i don't want to be on the course hindered in practice mode.It was a big relief just thinking target and swing towards it.I guess I'm hoping that all I worked on improved me.To the point where I can just swing freely when I play

Keep it in the short stuff

Not sure if I should post this here.After extensive lessons rebuilding my swing.What mindset should I have on the course?I did somewhat terrible for a few holes trying to mimic all I learned while playing.So I decided to take the training wheels off and just focus on posture and swing freely.And whenever i consciously try and manipulate body of hands in downswing it turns out very bad.Especially when on the course as I learned.My Results improved dramatically in ball flight-score-and my general attitude once I just swung freely.However, When I'm not playing.Im constantly working on the positions in slow motion not worrying about where the ball goes.Does this sound like a reasonable plan for this year?I learned a lot yesterday experiencing to say the least.I really want to nail this swing improvement.But at the same time i don't want to be on the course hindered in practice mode.It was a big relief just thinking target and swing towards it.I guess I'm hoping that all I worked on improved me.To the point where I can just swing freely when I play

It will take some time for your swing to become ingrained out on the course. As long as you feel you're making the proper swing, I wouldn't worry too much about the result for the first while. It can take as much as a season for a swing change to become second nature

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

It will take some time for your swing to become ingrained out on the course. As long as you feel you're making the proper swing, I wouldn't worry too much about the result for the first while. It can take as much as a season for a swing change to become second nature

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

hard to change when someone was all hands and arms for year(s).Like my pro told me.If anyone can just change 10% of what they are doing wrong from his lessons.It will be a success, and will result in lower scores.Im positive I changed at least 10%.Cant wait until I get the other 90%

Can't wait! I'm volunteering at the Wells Fargo Thursday and Saturday. Hoping Tiger makes some noise on the weekend!

What is your job during the tournament?   I will be a walking scorer at the LPGA Kingmill Championship in a few weeks.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Can't wait! I'm volunteering at the Wells Fargo Thursday and Saturday. Hoping Tiger makes some noise on the weekend!

Have fun, volunteering is a good time and up close to the players.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Here is a question.Is this considered cheating?We have one of our top area players do this.He will hit rubber-whiffle balls when waiting during extremely slow play on the course.He even does this during events or local tourneys.Doesnt do it all the time, but would do this once or twice a round when extremely slow.He will also pick them up.He always aims away from play and they go maybe 10-15 yards at the most.

Here is a question.Is this considered cheating?We have one of our top area players do this.He will hit rubber-whiffle balls when waiting during extremely slow play on the course.He even does this during events or local tourneys.Doesnt do it all the time, but would do this once or twice a round when extremely slow.He will also pick them up.He always aims away from play and they go maybe 10-15 yards at the most.

If the balls are considered a “training aid” then yeah he's breaking the rules. I wouldn't call it cheating, but it's a no-no in competition by my interpretation.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

completely agree with Russ on this one... I don't think that should be allowed.  sure... he can chip his own ball that he's playing but the plastic balls would be a definite no-no to me...

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

completely agree with Russ on this one... I don't think that should be allowed. sure... he can chip his own ball that he's playing but the plastic balls would be a definite no-no to me...

I would agree also. Plastic balls would be considered a training aid. You can do this with a real ball as long as it doesn't delay play.

You also aren't allowed to put a weight on your club or swing your orange whip to keep loose if the course is backed up.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Mmmm Donuts...

attachicon.gifIMG_3110.JPG

My daughters first attempt at Homer Simpson Donuts, pretty darn close!

attachicon.gifIMG_3111.JPG

Mmm. I'll take two dozen.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Mmmm Donuts...

attachicon.gifIMG_3110.JPG

My daughters first attempt at Homer Simpson Donuts, pretty darn close!

attachicon.gifIMG_3111.JPG

whoa!! Great job!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list