Random Thread

ole gray

6 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Thinking about how hot it has been. Still in the 90’s and humid. After my round on Friday I was totally drained with barely enough fuel in the tank to make the last few holes.

Today I rested and pondered. Boom… revelation !  What if I took my Motocaddy’s phone holder and somehow used it as a mount for a fan. Hmmmm. Wait a minute I also have a mini cordless fan that is rechargeable. 
 And here you have it. Maiden voyage tomorrow morning.

IMG_1034.jpeg.637b0c27feff79f10c42812455495566.jpeg
Small enough to fit in the pocket of my golf bag as well.

Well done!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Thinking about how hot it has been. Still in the 90’s and humid. After my round on Friday I was totally drained with barely enough fuel in the tank to make the last few holes.

Today I rested and pondered. Boom… revelation !  What if I took my Motocaddy’s phone holder and somehow used it as a mount for a fan. Hmmmm. Wait a minute I also have a mini cordless fan that is rechargeable. 

I have 2 rechargeable fans.  One hangs,  the other clamps.  Thanks for the idea when I start walking with the franken-cart v2.0!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

4 hours ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

You have real seasons?

giphy(4).gif.cfbcb1257a6a3c929a672606bc8acc15.gif

Yup, but luckily we don't have the full swing from super hot to super cold. We're mainly low 90's peak in the summer and highs of 40's in the winter but above 0 and rarely get snow.

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

On 8/30/2024 at 7:44 PM, Goober said:

Off topic I know.But anyone else can’t log into golfwrx ? It keeps on saying verifying if you aren’t a robot. Been like this for a few weeks no matter what device I use 

I have heard. I deleted my account there about a month or so now. All I will say there you have a couple of mods that do not know 5th grade English in other words a noun from a verb. I let them have it in open forum and told them to delete my account then and there. I still talk to some of my buds via phone and have heard. I know I was one of the original ones that started a thread in the 19th hole there and none of the original 10 or so are left now. I told my one bud and he may come on here hope he does because he has a lot to add. Not that I give 2 rips but I can try to get on there on this computer and it shows me as "Banned" I can go via my phone or the other computer in the bedroom and it shows me only "unregistered". This computer in here is not tied in with the one in the bedroom or my phone. I could re register on the other 2 under another name and cause havoc but that is not my style.

I am not afraid to give my opinion and as far as I know have never infuriated any mod here in all the years I have been here. As far as I am concerned I will let the sleeping dog lie here and say no more. Besides since I have came back here I am having a lot of fun.

Mods if I overstepped the line here delete this and let me know and it will not be mentioned again

Edited by BIG STU

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

On 8/28/2024 at 7:58 AM, TJ Hall said:

You’re in the wrong place for that to happen!

Naah @Shankster is doing that so when he pulls the trigger he can blame us

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

7 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Ahhh Haah my old buddy R2-D2. Glad to see he is still kicking. And if I remember correctly he does have a USB port for charging.

I had one of those fans a cheapie I got from PGASS. The first one melted at the USB port a week and just 4 rounds later. I went to exchange it at PGASS and the manager when I called said no problem. The guy at the desk wanted to give me a bunch of crap until I gave him my LOCAL phone number and he saw I also had a commercial parts account too. The manager already had the new one in the box with my name on it anyhow. I complained to the manager and he gave me the new fan plus a gift card for the original amount. One of my league buds is a fitter there and said the manager chewed the guy's butt up and down on that. The replacement fan after a rough year gave up the ghost Wednesday. I am not peeved on that after all it ended up free and I got a hard years use out of it. Since it is starting to cool down some I am going to wait until the Ryobi or one of the other name brands go on sale at Lowes or Home Depot. From my experience with mine even charging it the night before it would not last a round off a charge. Our riding carts have USB ports but in true Indigo Creek style some work some do not

G

OK Spies as I promised earlier in another topic and post the link below is to the pictures I took at our annual Corvette show which raises money for Leader Dog's for the Blind.

If some here have viewed my other photo links, I added you to the shared link and you should have them in your inbox already.

Please excuse a few which were impacted by the sunlight and turned out lighter than expected, and I guess I need to find someone else not wearing yellow gloves to take a picture of my friend Rick and myself.

Initial assessment and estimate is we raised somewhere between $10,000 - $11,500 at this event which went directly to Leader Dogs. 👍

Hope you enjoy them.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/q9dX5rSyUQWoUSgJ8

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

11 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Nope, Do it!

That ain’t gonna happen…

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

18 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

OK Spies as I promised earlier in another topic and post the link below is to the pictures I took at our annual Corvette show which raises money for Leader Dog's for the Blind.

If some here have viewed my other photo links, I added you to the shared link and you should have them in your inbox already.

Please excuse a few which were impacted by the sunlight and turned out lighter than expected, and I guess I need to find someone else not wearing yellow gloves to take a picture of my friend Rick and myself.

Initial assessment and estimate is we raised somewhere between $10,000 - $11,500 at this event which went directly to Leader Dogs. 👍

Hope you enjoy them.

Wow!  Thanks for sharing. There are some beautiful rides in the bunch. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

10 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Update: This design was a failure. Phone holder and clamping device was not sturdy enough. Kept on vibrating out on cart paths. It also made some difficulty getting the woods out of the bag on that side. Three holes in and I took it off 

Plan “B” much simpler Two zip ties. Simple, it works, it also allows the fan to rotate out of the way to fold the cart. 
IMG_1035.jpeg.dd48716750b2d45fa6a5557c5c2c734c.jpeg

IMG_1036.jpeg.6805a40005f5f5dcb3858a084edd52bf.jpeg

We need a new thread.  Cart-Ho's anonymous!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Project for the morning with the wifey.   We had a huge aquaponics system at our last house and we are putting most of it up finally at this house. It's a huge undertaking but will produce a ton of food.  

17252045281124685290270040197584.jpg.0cbb0eef4b6c945fa64075d4f287295e.jpg

17252045637191399263992511978322.jpg.860c0df638c2eb67a087bcfa585e7a61.jpg

14 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Update: This design was a failure. Phone holder and clamping device was not sturdy enough. Kept on vibrating out on cart paths. It also made some difficulty getting the woods out of the bag on that side. Three holes in and I took it off 

Plan “B” much simpler Two zip ties. Simple, it works, it also allows the fan to rotate out of the way to fold the cart. 
IMG_1035.jpeg.dd48716750b2d45fa6a5557c5c2c734c.jpeg

IMG_1036.jpeg.6805a40005f5f5dcb3858a084edd52bf.jpeg

Just now, Rob Person said:

Haha. Do golf carts apply to this as well....

2 hours ago, rkj427 said:

Hope you enjoy them.

Great pics Rob! Looks like it was a perfect day for the show!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

19 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Haha. Do golf carts apply to this as well....

Absolutely!!!

42 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Update: This *INITIAL* design was a failure.

Trial and Error. Experimentation and Refinement. 👍

Looking forward to a pic of V3 😄

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

Completely random...

FB_IMG_1725245911585.jpg

On 9/1/2024 at 11:44 AM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

@BIG STU R2 D2 is going strong. I’m well over 1000 miles on that bad boy. Probably closer to 1200. Playing 2 to 3 times a week and it’s just over a 6 mile loop walking. 
 He is getting a little creaky as time goes on. I have to grease the wheels and bearings once a month or the left rear wheel makes a creaky clicking sound. But it’s all good. Like a car it needs some TLC once in a while.

It still amazes me in how many golfers have never seen an electric push cart before. I get questions at least twice a month when they see me on the course or coming off the course in the parking lot.

One guy ran after it in the parking lot thinking it was a run away push cart. He thought it was going to run into a parked car. Granted it was going down hill at the time. 

Oh man I had so much fun with that thing while I had it. I used to leave it up by the putting green at Indigo and go inside. Some of the nosy old farts would be around it and I would take the remote from inside and make it jump at them. I also chased one old guy with it. AJ (RIP) would sit there laughing. Had one old guy take off after it and I spun it around and chased him. I have taken it and crept up on people on the patio. I think the best stunt we did with it me and one of the owners sons took it up #1 with us on a golf cart to see how fast it would go. It did out run us one or 2 times of course when it gets to a certain range out front it will shut down. LOL that was one of 2 times I turned it over. Yes I guess my part of the test I did not put the miles on it but I did prove it was one tough cookie. Glad to see it is still kicking

G

On 9/1/2024 at 9:41 AM, rkj427 said:

Hope you enjoy them.

Thank you for posting I really enjoyed those pics. 

G

FB_IMG_1725297929280.jpg

20 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Thank you for posting I really enjoyed those pics. 

Thanks Stu, @BIG STU, I always try to post pictures of auto events here for all my forum friends to view.

Have another huge show upcoming next weekend, starts on Friday evening when they line the main downtown street of Frankenmuth, MI and I typically go to that event too.

Working in the automotive field my whole life and based in Detroit, the Motor City, cars have always been a huge part of my life.

(No college degree, went to the school of Hard Knocks, where working with your hands and understanding how things work really makes a difference.)

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

Last day of summer.  I’m a teacher and school starts tomorrow.  I got to play golf today and hang out with my kids in the yard.  It’s winding down though.   For the past ten years I like to put the kids to bed and have a beer, watch the sopranos episode Pine Barrens, and listen to “one more night” by Phil Collins…I have about an hour and a half till that happens.  Summer is fleeting people, let the nostalgia sink in 

🙃

Sitting in the house this afternoon. Weather report says it's 98 outside. I'm perfectly comfortable with hardly anything on. Portable swamp cooler running. But not the water. Works great with our dry climate. I started thinking maybe I'm dying? It's 98 and I'm comfortable? Then I looked at the thermometer next to me. It's 81 inside here. Doh!

To be candid.... I would rather walk a field with a good Bird Dog, than to walk a golf course with people. Only problem is, I can't walk.

On 9/1/2024 at 9:29 AM, Josh Parker said:

Project for the morning with the wifey.   We had a huge aquaponics system at our last house and we are putting most of it up finally at this house. It's a huge undertaking but will produce a ton of food.  

17252045281124685290270040197584.jpg.0cbb0eef4b6c945fa64075d4f287295e.jpg

17252045637191399263992511978322.jpg.860c0df638c2eb67a087bcfa585e7a61.jpg

You practice "Square Foot Gardening"???? That's neat. I started it. One box. Then went OTR.

To be candid.... I would rather walk a field with a good Bird Dog, than to walk a golf course with people. Only problem is, I can't walk.

22 minutes ago, Old New Golfer said:

You practice "Square Foot Gardening"???? That's neat. I started it. One box. Then went OTR.

It's amazing how much grows in these systems. 

Here is our old set up. 

20211111_172850.jpg.589b622f648cbc8acb19b74ea8c3675b.jpg