Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Got "fit" today with my current setup

Decided it was time to take a look at getting fit but just with my current setup. I've been my irons solid but off the toe but I do have the G30 and haven't played with it and got it looked at too.

Observation:

Never been fit. Played college golf and have always been solid with off the rack equipment but as I said, my Ping i's have been off the toe. I'm 1* upright and we're adding a .5 inch to my irons. The +1 got me half centered to the club face but then the .5" really dialed me in. Can't wait to play...

Now the fun:

Brought out the track man for the driver and unfortunately it died after about 20 swings but it confirmed that I'm hitting a HUGE spinner. 4000-4500 rpm with 109-111 club head speed and 250-280 yd range. My g30 was set to 10.5 and we moved it to 9.5 and obviously picked up distance and the revs did decrease by around 200. I'm ordering an XS shaft and hopefully we will dial it in more.

Can't wait to report back.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Congrats on your fitting! I did that for first time last summer! Plan on getting fitted for wedges in a few weeks! Looking forward to reading your results

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Sorry I missed the comments. I went to a local course, Avalon in Knoxville, that I happened to get an email from promoting their teacher who is now a Ping fitter. I think he's a new Ping fitter, might've been titleist before, but long time teacher. I actually go tomorrow to test out the irons and hopefully my XS driver shaft is in. I was amazed that the ball started working itself back towards the center of the face during the fitting. I hit the ball good, I just didn't realize how often I was toeing them. Clubs are too forgiving

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Pretty pleased with my fitting. I was smoking them off the lie board, but I think the first shot I hit off the ground was fat each time lol. Managed to get that dialed in though lol. So I'm +1 up and .5 longer. My miss will always be off the toe so I still hit some out there but I hit some dead center which was awesome. I had lost about 5 yards with my previous irons and then when I went to these Ping i's but this seems to have gotten that back. Hit a couple draws even which is new for me! Pretty pleased overall. Now just waiting for the XS driver staff to arrive

Sorry I missed the comments. I went to a local course, Avalon in Knoxville, that I happened to get an email from promoting their teacher who is now a Ping fitter. I think he's a new Ping fitter, might've been titleist before, but long time teacher. I actually go tomorrow to test out the irons and hopefully my XS driver shaft is in. I was amazed that the ball started working itself back towards the center of the face during the fitting. I hit the ball good, I just didn't realize how often I was toeing them. Clubs are too forgiving

I have played a lot of golf at Willow Creek just down the road from Avalon.  Do they still have the web.com tour stop there?  I always tried to stay at the Marriott Springhill at Turkey Creek.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I have played a lot of golf at Willow Creek just down the road from Avalon. Do they still have the web.com tour stop there? I always tried to stay at the Marriott Springhill at Turkey Creek.

The web event is basically across the street at Fox Den country club now. They do a lot of qualifiers at Willow Creek now. It's still the best public course in the area. Great course.

The web event is basically across the street at Fox Den country club now. They do a lot of qualifiers at Willow Creek now. It's still the best public course in the area. Great course.

I played it once after the area had a lot of rain, and the course was in terrible shape.  The web.com (or whatever it was called back then) was playing a few weeks later, and I didn't think it was playable for them.   My favorite course in the Knoxville area is River Islands east of Knoxville at milepost 402 I believe.  It's been a long time though.  I love the layout of that course.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I played it once after the area had a lot of rain, and the course was in terrible shape. The web.com (or whatever it was called back then) was playing a few weeks later, and I didn't think it was playable for them. My favorite course in the Knoxville area is River Islands east of Knoxville at milepost 402 I believe. It's been a long time though. I love the layout of that course.

Love River Islands. Those zoysia fairways are amazing and the only ones in the area. They are fighting their greens a little and it isn't in as great of condition as it used to be but still very good.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who cares...after three long weeks of waiting, Ping FINALLY shipped my XS shaft. Put it today and got to take some cuts. Seems like the right move. Spin rates dropped from 3500 to 26-2800. Club head speed around 110 and picked up some carry. Total distance was up to 280-295. I think this will eliminate the few left balls but as long as I keep my hands down and inside, I'll avoid the big blocky right ball.

Archived