JBones

Pics from the course

GolfSpy Stroker

Hi folks.... we love to see your pics!  It makes the forum even more enjoyable.

And we now have a new place to post all of them.... https://forum.mygolfspy.com/gallery/

Please continue to share them on the new gallery!

Message added by GolfSpy Stroker

On 3/24/2019 at 2:04 PM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Absolutely love the way my MGS head cover looks in the bag..

I really Like your red, white, and blue knit head covers. Are those Rocket Tour?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PlaidJacket said:

I really Like your red, white, and blue knit head covers. Are those Rocket Tour?

Thanks.... I bought the bag on Craigslist and the guy was selling the headcovers with it.  I'm not sure where they're from but I really like the set up!

• Like 1

A little golf before the Clint Black concert tonight. Who doesn’t love to hit balls in boots.

IMG_1609.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

On 4/2/2019 at 8:51 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

In Phoenix for a couple days and got a chance to play a sporty little excutive course with AZSTU324 today.  

Great time and to say my first experience with desert golf was an adventure would be accurate.   

Stu has one powerful move and hits the ball higher than anybody I've ever seen.   And long too!! 

DB300B72-63C9-4120-9B2D-E5B8526FDDAC.jpeg

18DD07FE-E6C7-4A6F-B816-B7C21CCD62FC.jpeg

Found it! I searched high and low for this. Somehow it wasn't updating in my followed threads and I had completely forgotten about just looking under this topic.. 100% User error I'm sure. 

Yeah man, AZ poor man's golf requires a special kind of ball flight. Most local budget courses have pretty stiff greens due to the dry air and limited watering.. especially in the afternoon. Dropping in from the clouds is usually the best way to have any chance of holding.. or at least not bouncing and rolling out the back. As you witnessed, this course actually played fairly soft due to unlimited muni watering. I will also admit that the Bridgestone e12 Softs played a decent part in the height and distance piece (shameless plug)

If only time and $ would have allowed, it would have been fun to tag along on your following golf outing at TN. 25+  years in the valley and never had a chance to play there or TPC.. one day. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Found it! I searched high and low for this. Somehow it wasn't updating in my followed threads and I had completely forgotten about just looking under this topic.. 100% User error I'm sure. 

Yeah man, AZ poor man's golf requires a special kind of ball flight. Most local budget courses have pretty stiff greens due to the dry air and limited watering.. especially in the afternoon. Dropping in from the clouds is usually the best way to have any chance of holding.. or at least not bouncing and rolling out the back. As you witnessed, this course actually played fairly soft due to unlimited muni watering. I will also admit that the Bridgestone e12 Softs played a decent part in the height and distance piece (shameless plug)

If only time and $ would have allowed, it would have been fun to tag along on your following golf outing at TN. 25+  years in the valley and never had a chance to play there or TPC.. one day. 

yeah, well you definitely play the right game then if it's required to have high ball flight..ha

You would enjoy Troon North, you have to work it into your plans one day.   It's a special treat for sure!  

• Like 1

Played a late afternoon 9 with my father-in-law in NJ.

Hi lives in Basking Ridge next to the Lyons VA hospital and is a member of the 9 hole course.  Easy and fun course with no bunkers and only 1 minor stream; great for an 80 year old retiree!

IMG_20190417_183246.jpg

There are deer all around and they know when the course closes....we were on 9 and they started to come out to the fairway and graze...their timing was impeccable!

IMG_20190417_184745.jpg

• Like 8

Looking at 3 fairway from cart path just off 7 tee box, Rogue Valley CC, Oaks Course.

#3 is a par 4 that runs along with the pond to the left of the fairway.  #7 is a dogleg left par 4 (fairway is to the right of this pic with the green pretty much straight out from the tree trunk and stand of trees in this pic)

20190403_131613.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

57738249467__21F67924-3660-4F01-9154-D8B895ADF185.JPGIMG_2403.JPG

Snohomish Golf Course in Washington. Very wet day today.

I'm waiting until it dries out to head west.  I left the west side of Oregon 49 years ago just to get out of the rain.

• Like 1

I'm waiting until it dries out to head west.  I left the west side of Oregon 49 years ago just to get out of the rain.

It’s been hit and miss here. The last week was the most rain but this weekend will be nice. Can’t beat a beautiful sunny spring day out here.

• Like 1

Doing some range and putting practice and figured I'd flex on you cold weather folks a little . Sometimes, I can't even believe I live here..

IMG_20190420_121156.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Doing some range and putting practice and figured I'd flex on you cold weather folks a little . Sometimes, I can't even believe I live here..

IMG_20190420_121156.jpeg.13633b6fe795767958a42799514ea2e3.jpeg

It’s not a bad problem to have and I’ll be littering this thread with Ko’Olina pics tomorrow
  • Like 3

IMG_20190420_121156.jpeg.13633b6fe795767958a42799514ea2e3.jpeg

Sheesh. I’m very jealous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is a par 3 over an old silver mine and is where all bad shots go to die...

IMG_20190421_100812.jpg

I've played here before so I knew what to do... 😃

The mine shaft is on the left...next to the group of trees...that's the tee box in the back.  Slicers beware! hahaha

IMG_20190421_100928.jpg

Course built on a 300 year old farm in Mass.; still no leaves on the trees but the flowering trees are in bloom and the grass just started to green up.

IMG_20190421_105116.jpg

• Like 6

Ko’Olina #1

IMG_2275.JPG

• Like 6

Ko’Olina #8

IMG_2276.JPG

• Like 4