Why did you join MGS?

ole gray

Time for a little throw back on Monday. Why did you join MGS?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I joined MGS because I like reviews, discussions on particular topics and being able to contribute. Everyone has opinions and different beliefs and sometimes that may get a little out of control.

I am grateful to be part of this group and I hope my experience can help others

WITB

Callaway Rouge ST Max D driver

Titleist TSR2 fairway 

Titleist Tsi2 fairway

Titleist TS2 Hybrid

Titleist T300 irons

Vokey Wedges SM8

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist LinkMaster bag

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Time for a little throw back on Monday. Why did you join MGS?

I originally joined as I was looking to replace all my outdated clubs and was drawn to a non bias review forum, it ended up talking golf with like minded people, and possibly contributing some insight into golf in the past 50 years that I have played. 

committed to performance excellence

I was very big into the automotive community as far as modding goes... Have owned over 60 cars/bikes and only 36 years old. Some I enjoyed and some I hated haha. So forums are nothing new to me and have seen all different type of them from helpful to hurtful as far as community goes.

Joining MGS brought back old memories and have enjoyed it for the most part. I think most people just need to understand MGS is more than a people behind a keyboard and even if you take it for just that dont get your feelings hurt because you interpret it by reading vs what the person is actually saying and how they are saying it.

Overall joined because I wanted to meet more people local and hopefully catch a round of golf and maybe be lucky enough to get selected as a tester(already happened!)

DRIVER  CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Paradym Ai SMOKE MAX D w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65-R 10.5*

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.8ad786f4fccdf7215d321a861dfa1c7f.png STEALTH 2 Plus 3w w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 75-S 15*

SUPER HYBRID CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Paradym Super Hybrid w/ UST Recoil DART 75-S 18*

HYBRID PING.png G410 4h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 75-S 22*

IRONS MALTBY.jpg.db763764d25fcfd7c75f92dc47028a09.jpg TS3 Forged 4i-PW w/ True Temper Score LT 100-R

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115-W 48*/52*/58*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg HB SOFT 8 w/ Center Shaft 3*

Check out my Tests...

I came for the golf tests, stayed for the cookies!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I was looking to try a new ball and got drawn into the ball testing on MGS from a Google search.  Saw that Srixon did pretty well in testing.  Loved the Z Star.  Hadn’t really seen one or used one before.  

I ended up finding out there was a forum to chat all things golf and got hooked…

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x - Official Tester 2024

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  4 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged (Japan) 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Champions Choice Newport 2+ Button Back - 35”  /  Pistolini Plus

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current Club Sensor User

good morning spy’s

Playing with this group in Christina Lake BC. 
a gathering for a friend that passed last year. 
playing two more days!! 
I think I found something in my swing yesterday so will see how it goes today!! 
have a great day everyone 
IMG_0824.jpeg.0cfd7285d971d9236b531f337ad6b0e1.jpeg

IMG_0819.jpeg

committed to performance excellence

Why I joined is in may of last year I broke my ankle on a job site and was laid up at the house with absolutely nothing to do. That naturally turned into how can I make my golf game better and what equipment is out there that I might want to upgrade with. A few google searches popped up with MGS on every one of them and I couldn’t believe the treasure trove I had stumbled into. MGS is now something that I check daily. 

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

This is an interesting topic. I have always played golf at a high level long time scratch handicap. I was always fitted for clubs, for most of my golf career playing forged blades and now cavity back forgings. I was always looking for an entity that would provide unbiased Product testing such as consumer reports does. Golf spy provides that in depth information that golfers need to make informed decisions on which product’s would indeed help that players game. As an older but still competent player I for one appreciate what golf spy provides and will always donate to keep that unbiased info flowing.

DJ 

MGS kept popping up on my homepage every time I opened chrome on my phone…decided to start looking into it and fell into the deep, deep hole of the forum!

And, couldn’t be happier about it!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Have been in another forum for several years, actually 3-4 forums but only active on one. Sometimes a post might bother me a little but everyone is entitled to their opinion. One of the newer members posted something about MSG and a guy jumped all over him for mentioning a competitor, at that time I didn’t realize MSG had a forum so I checked it out. 

Driver -  Cobra Fly Z

Fairway - Cobra Baffler 5W

Hybrid - TaylorMade Rescue mid 2,4,5h

Irons - Cobra Baffler XL 7-P

GW - Cobra Baffler XL

SW - King Cobra os

Putter - Evnroll ER2

On 7/17/2024 at 10:29 PM, TJ Hall said:

MGS kept popping up on my homepage every time I opened chrome on my phone…decided to start looking into it and fell into the deep, deep hole of the forum!

And, couldn’t be happier about it!

Sometimes targeted advertising just works wonders 😁😁

Ryan Gardiner 

Driver: Wilson Deep Red Maxx

Woods: 3W Cobra speedzone

Hybrid: 4H Cobra Speedzone

Irons: Cobra King F8 5-9, PW, GW

Wedges: Rife RX7 60:8 & 56:12

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro Hammer

4 hours ago, GG194 said:

Have been in another forum for several years, actually 3-4 forums but only active on one. Sometimes a post might bother me a little but everyone is entitled to their opinion. One of the newer members posted something about MSG and a guy jumped all over him for mentioning a competitor, at that time I didn’t realize MSG had a forum so I checked it out. 

Similar experience for me. Was on another forum that mentioned this one. Little did I know at the time how much better this one is.  Haven’t been back to the other one since!

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

Now “decades” ago, I found MGS because they were one of the only ones doing thorough testing, and they weren’t controlled by the large brands (which made it difficult for them to test everything because they weren’t being sent anything).  They eventually changed their testing procedures, and it appears the big brands are sending them stuff to test, and the tests are even more thorough.  They’ve grown into a much larger entity, and while I miss those early days of them being the underdogs, I appreciate some of the newer things they do, including this forum.

I was a big follower of revolution golf, but then was sold to, I believe to golf pass. MGS although not exactly the same format has tapped into the social media gap that RG left behind.

Lifetime bogey golfer