ole gray

Why did you join MGS?

I joined MGS becaused it's my kind of place....  Why is it my kind of place? Well just because I like it here.  There are quite a few awesome golf forums for everybody to enjoy.  The thing is why do you frequent these forums?  For me it's a simple answer and it starts with honesty. MyGolfSpy will never offer reviews for favors. I respect this type of honest and unbaised opinon. So if you are looking at joining this forum and you're looking for a kick arse review on your favorite toy, you just might be disappointed. Reason being we don't do it to make you feel good.  We do it to make you not regret....

• Like 9

Like you Gray, I've been involved in a few. And just didn't fit in them. Got away from them for awhile and one day when I was doing nothing I received one of the newsletters and that triggered me to ease back into the forum world.

Since then, MGS has felt like a comfortable, fun place to chat and share my thoughts about things. I've been honored to have tested equipment and provide my input and feel it was valuable and appreciated by the group. This is a great thing about being here.

Plus the old guard all welcomed me without reservation.

That was very much appreciated.

I'm sure I'm missing other aspects but these are right off the top of my head lol

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

• Like 9

I (like many) joined for the opportunity to do a review.

I stayed because I love the reviews, and the relaxed, respectful way this forum runs. I feel like nearly everyone on here is here for the right reason.

• Like 6

Why? No bullshit, flaming and big ego's. It's that simple, just people who enjoy the game, are respectful of each other and have a good time.

• Like 9

I also figured out quickly that this was the only site without all of the huge egos. Feels like home here, and that's pretty rare on the internet anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 8

After seeing many of the Blog pieces on Twitter and other SM, I came over to read a bunch of the ones I had missed.  I was really impressed with the depth, detail and knowledge of the writers of each piece.   I then checked out the forum, and quickly saw it was a place where everyone was welcome, all input was appreciated and there are no class differences between mods and members, just plain good golf conversation by everyone, where everyone's input is valued. 

I've stayed because to quote Ole Roy (Williams) It's the "best dadgum" golf site around!!

• Like 5

Came for the reviews, as they're the only ones I really trust, stayed for the community in the forums.

• Like 6

I saw a reference to an MGS club review that I was interested in getting.  Enjoyed the read, and stuck around.  There are so many nice folks here, and it seems like we have similar tastes.  I wish may of you lived closer, and we could get together for a round of golf and a round afterwards.

• Like 5

I just joined because I thought it might be fun. That's really it.

Certainly wasn't for free stuff. I didn't even know MGS gave things away back when I joined.

• Like 4

Civilized conversations with respectful people who love the game as much as me. What's not to like?

Sent from my iPhone while sitting at the 19th hole.

• Like 8

Why? No bullshit, flaming and big ego's. It's that simple, just people who enjoy the game, are respectful of each other and have a good time.

I can't say it any better than that.

• Like 3

Saw the article on Ksig vs Prov1, thought it was interesting.  Then stumbled into the Mission:Ping article and was hooked.  Love what MGS stands for and produces.   After some time, I stumbled into the forum.  Having never joined a forum and having just picked up playing golf, figured I would take the leap.  No looking back now!

• Like 3

Free stuff

I musta missed the free stuff. But then I haven't been on this forum very long.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

I lurked for a long time and decided it was significantly more enjoyable than other sites.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

I had been reading the yearly club reviews for a bit and decided to jump in on one of the member reviews I stumbled onto by accident. Once I signed up though I spent an hour reading through different topics before I actually remembered I was going to sign up for a review. So while my intentions at first started as selfish in one way my unknown desire to be a part of a community that speaks of nothing but golf took over. Needless to say the great community kept me here once the signup was complete! Long live MGS!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

I have officially been on the forum for over 5 years but really haven't become active until recently.  I have used quite a few golf forums over the years some are still here while others are no longer in existence.  I became more active on MGS when I noticed the email blasts were coming from Yorktown VA which is down the street from where I live.  Since then,  I really like the forum since most of the posts are golf related and not hundreds of posts related to what I consider off the wall topics.  

• Like 3